Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,456 members, 7,816,064 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:48 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 - Travel (286) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 (827809 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (283) (284) (285) (286) (287) (288) (289) ... (501) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Ohcanada(m): 7:31am On Oct 19, 2017
Igbouwanile:
All praises to God! finally, it was a dream come true!! ''application approved at last'', glad it ended in praise!
A move I had already given up on, but God heard my cry & came to my aid.

Here is my timeline my beloved family.

MA (University of New Brunswick)

1st app: 7/10/16 (paper route)
Refused: 11/12/16 based on insufficient fund,
purpose of visit & travel history.
Applied for gcms & worked on all refusal reasons.

2nd app: 1/6/17 (paper route)
Refused: 12/8/17, seeing this I became discouraged & gave up, but you all spurred me on & told me never to quit, then I continued the hustle. (collected back my passport though)
Gcms app.: 13/8/17

App. Updated: 17/8/17, seeing this I rejoiced & calmed.
Reqst letter: 21/8/17
Medical mail: 2/10/17
Medical done: 6/10/17
Medical passed: 11/10/17
Passport Reqst: 18/10/17
Application Approved: 18/10/17

I thank God for His goodness & mercy upon me thus far.

Many thanks to the creator of this great forum & to everyone here & beyond, who do I mention & who do I leave out, I know & remember you all, from A- Z you were my source of inspiration & comfort throughout this endeavor.

Honestly, words cannot express my gratitude to u all for your various contributions, May God bless u.

Special Shout Out To Everyone in The Forum Coming Soon!

Bikó the oga in charge of the list shud pls add my timeline & remove 'Delayed' in my name on the list of hopefuls, God overturned it to Approved.

Make I do small celebration, I dey come!.

Thanks All! Love You!

IGBOUWANILE!!!! Congrats

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by ogheneese07: 7:32am On Oct 19, 2017
Austinpee4:

Normally, if you use the Paper route, VFS officials will have you fill your activities for the last 10years be it study or work.
Since this is 2017,the 3rd column should start from 2007-2015. You will input in the box 'Studying' and the organisation name should be your sch school/university names respectively.

VFS staffs just ensures a 10years activity period is filled be it working or studying. Do not leave any gap on that part of the form, else you will be asked to pay some fees to refill it or asked to return back with a corrected one.

Thanks you so much! @Austinpee4 God bless!!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Ohcanada(m): 7:41am On Oct 19, 2017
ferdinandurian:
please house do Canadian school accept degrees from national open university of Nigeria for masters?
someone answer me please. thanks
yes

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Igbouwanile(m): 7:50am On Oct 19, 2017
bbclue:

Congratulations Sir......so happy for you.........but u never called to tell me of the good news oooooooo. ...at last Chineke has done it ooooooòoooooooòo
Thank you very much, it just happened yesterday! & yes He has done it oh!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Igbouwanile(m): 7:51am On Oct 19, 2017
maziude:

Congrats boss... God be praised...
Thanks boss, I appreciate your effort.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Igbouwanile(m): 7:52am On Oct 19, 2017
Ohcanada:

IGBOUWANILE!!!! Congrats
@Ohcanada
Thank You

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Gascoigne: 8:02am On Oct 19, 2017
maziude:

Congrats boss... God be praised...

Hello boss @maziude. I sent you an email, please kindly respond. Thanks in anticipation.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by EJIZY: 8:06am On Oct 19, 2017
Igbouwanile:
Oh My God! House Help Me Scream!! Application Approved!!! #Tears_Of_Joy!!

Congrats bro....this is indeed a miracle.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Mandoy(m): 8:14am On Oct 19, 2017
pvc4real:

Anyway, what is your eligibility status now? That should help you rest your case. However, it is possible the refusal letter has not dropped.

Have you accessed cic letters online before, experience has shown that most people are not patient enough to click the message link to display their letters. If u click the message link beneath your application summary, you are suppose to download a PDF file of your CIC letter.
Eligibility Status says we regret to inform you that you did not meet the eligibility requirement. I have clicked on the message link severally, no new message is there.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by jnyuwa02: 8:34am On Oct 19, 2017
eldee365:

@ jnyuwa02

Thank you very much sir,

for taking your time to answer my questions, God bless you richly in everything you do!

Gracias!

Amen, I appreciate!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by jnyuwa02: 8:53am On Oct 19, 2017
guzenaira:

I like your spirit!!
Pure Naija Breed...
Nna no dey wan dull Nna sef.
But I believe you must have had the thought that someone 'might' have tried it before.
You made me remember one guy on this thread from Jos. He is such an erratic, self confident guy.
But he never went to Cameroon to try it.

Forget my story Madam,
If you try it, there are two things involved.
1. Is either you waste your effort and money or
2. You finally miss the resumption date.
After everything, they will still tell you to go back home to apply.

BTW, I hope you read all the conditions on CIC website before thinking this think.

Don't mind all I said but I believe you will understand my message.
Just catching fun with my epistle.
smiley

I met that erratic self confident guy eating fried fish in a bus stop one day here in Jos. He said he has renounced of his vagabond plans and now taken to doling out his daily doze of wisdom learned the hard way, to all would-be TRV hopefuls on NL. Please if you see him and the mark on his forehead, it is a sign to spare him and don't kill him. Say hi to him for me.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Nobody: 9:02am On Oct 19, 2017
ferdinandurian:
please house do Canadian school accept degrees from national open university of Nigeria for masters?
someone answer me please. thanks

Yes.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by guzenaira: 9:10am On Oct 19, 2017
jnyuwa02:

I met that erratic self confident guy eating fried fish in a bus stop one day here in Jos. He said he has renounced his vagabond plans and taken now taken to doling out his daily doze of wisdom learned the hard way, to all would-be TRV hopefuls on NL. Please if you see him and the mark on his forehead, it is a sign to spare him and don't kill him, say hi to him for me.

Wow!!
That's the good thing about the guy, he has been trying his best as per that anyway. Doing wonderfully well and I sincerely appreciate his willingness to help others.

BTW, since you met him in Jos eating dry fish that shows his commitment to his homeland rather than the Cameroon trip he wanted to embark on. So, say me well to him because I doubt if our path will ever cross in Nigeria but I can't rule that out in Canny for sure.

He's such a 'out of the box' thinker.
I don't mean any harm to him neither do I want to crucify him. But I sighted an example for others to learn. Exactly what pastors do to buttress their point on the wonderful work of God and testimony for masses to believe.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by guzenaira: 9:18am On Oct 19, 2017
Mandoy:

Eligibility Status says we regret to inform you that you did not meet the eligibility requirement. I have clicked on the message link severally, no new message is there.

If you are using a mobile phone, it will let you know it's been downloaded but if it's a system, there is possibility it has automatically downloaded.

But if you have ordered for your file, then calm down but like @pvc4real said earlier on, What you are looking for is right there.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Nobody: 9:19am On Oct 19, 2017
This post is for prospective GRE test takers. This is a link to comprehensive GRE materials uploaded by @Time2Smile. https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B-ii97JplpxMdzhHNnYxSUlPOEE . It contains all the Magoosh videos, PDF books and also PowerPrep windows app.

And this is a link to the study guide uploaded by the same person https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-ii97JplpxMTVhRZGplOEhPaVE/view

I wish all admission hopefuls and TRV hopefuls the best. smiley

4 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by hamddy: 9:23am On Oct 19, 2017
Thanks for the info. I am hoping for a miracle that they will respond to mine asap and positively too.

jnyuwa02:

You only applied a month ago. It's too early to be checking. You need to go to the CIC official website and sign up, then link up your paper application online. Just follow instructions and play there and learn the system. You will be able to check directly and officially, the live status of your application. Best!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Nobody: 9:59am On Oct 19, 2017
jnyuwa02:

Draw your audience in with a story, then go for the kill. I find that starting with a story or an anecdote is effective, but everyone has their unique way of starting that works for them. Here is how I started mine:

Growing up in Nigeria, I observed the direct impact of diseases on families, friends and neighbors. So many cases of preventable disease infections that left many incapacitated for life and even dead. Cases of cholera, polio, meningitis, tuberculosis, women’s health issues, etc. I particularly remember one of my aunts who developed complications during childbirth and bled to death because the nearest hospital was very far from the village she and her husband lived. I remember a close family friend who lost both of his legs to polio. I also remember as a child visiting a maternity ward and seeing a room meant for two or three women, housing up to twenty women with their new born children. The list goes on. In all of these experiences growing up in Nigeria, my young mind was expanding along with my growing body. From an early age, I began to envision of a better world and my part in making it possible. I remember wanting to do something about all of these problems. But I didn’t know where to begin. In addition, I didn’t want to become a doctor because I didn’t enjoy chemistry and math in school. The humanities and social sciences were my forte..............................

Amazing!! Did you use this for your statement to get admission or for the visa?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by jnyuwa02: 10:11am On Oct 19, 2017
emeify:

Amazing!! Did you use this for your statement to get admission or for the visa?

Yes, admission and full scholarship. Modified it now for my CIC application and praying it results in a trifecta TRV approval!

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Nobody: 10:19am On Oct 19, 2017

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by adey2014: 10:20am On Oct 19, 2017
greetings everyone. i must confess i didnt check thru the previous thread but i just want to ask one question. if a students gains admission for phd and has full funding associated with it. does the person still need to fulfill the financial requirements in the visa applications despite the funding associated with his admission? thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Geedhey(m): 10:21am On Oct 19, 2017
GlitteringStar:
This post is for prospective GRE test takers. This is a link to comprehensive GRE materials uploaded by @Time2Smile. https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B-ii97JplpxMdzhHNnYxSUlPOEE . It contains all the Magoosh videos, PDF books and also PowerPrep windows app.

And this is a link to the study guide uploaded by the same person https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-ii97JplpxMTVhRZGplOEhPaVE/view

I wish all admission hopefuls and TRV hopefuls the best. smiley

I apologize for derailing the thread
Thank you very much

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by guzenaira: 10:40am On Oct 19, 2017
Once again,
To the hopefuls and to those in pursuit of happiness.
Going to Canny is not a do or die affair but try to take time to do it the right way if it really worth it.
All the best!!

9 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by matic12: 10:41am On Oct 19, 2017
jnyuwa02:

Yes, admission and full scholarship. Modified it now for my CIC application and praying it results in a trifecta TRV approval!

You have been a source of blessings..... You will definitely get your TRV..... Pls, when did you apply for your study permit application?

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by hoyin123(f): 10:41am On Oct 19, 2017
[quote author=Igbouwanile post=61560115] congrats
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by jnyuwa02: 10:45am On Oct 19, 2017
matic12:

You have been a source of blessings..... You will definitely get your TRV..... Pls, when did you apply for your study permit application?

Amen! Although I had all my papers in June, didn't apply until only a little over a month ago. Took my time to put up a bulletproof application, but realise also that God has the final say, not what I put up!

9 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by hamddy: 10:53am On Oct 19, 2017
Hello Dredre01. I have linked my account but the message is that there are no messages which automatically means that I haven't submitted any application. Please how does it work house people playing come to my aid.

Thanks

Dredre01:

Follow this step-

1) Go to this link 
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/e-services/mycic.asp
2) Select: continue to Gckey
3)Select: Sign up on next page and create your username, password and security questions. 
4)After creating my cic account, click linkapplication to this account. 
5)Then select category as Temporary residence and subcategory as Study permit and extension. 
6)Then select Family name,given name and date of birth option. 
7)Fill your family name(surname), given name and date of birth. 
cool Next in applicant personal info fill passport information only and DO NOT FILL CITY AND COUNTRY OF BIRTH. 
9) Fill program start and end date as well as DLI number of the institution (found in offer letter) 
10) Your application will be found and can be linked. 
11) You can get real time updates on your paper application.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Nobody: 11:14am On Oct 19, 2017
jnyuwa02:

Amen! Although I had all my papers in June, didn't apply until only a little over a month ago. Took my time to put up a bulletproof application, but realise also that God has the final say, not what I put up!

God will definitely perfect what he has started. Your TRV approval is a done deal. As we work to create light for others, we naturally light our own way. smiley

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Mandoy(m): 11:31am On Oct 19, 2017
guzenaira:

If you are using a mobile phone, it will let you know it's been downloaded but if it's a system, there is possibility it has automatically downloaded.

But if you have ordered for your file, then calm down but like @pvc4real said earlier on, What you are looking for is right there.
Thanks brova
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Dredre01(m): 11:55am On Oct 19, 2017
hamddy:

Hello Dredre01. I have linked my account but the message is that there are no messages which automatically means that I haven't submitted any application. Please how does it work house people playing come to my aid.

Thanks

Hello, it does not means you have not submit but it simple means no information yet on your application. Did you click on check status and messages? That is where you will see more info on your app
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by hamddy: 12:13pm On Oct 19, 2017
I didnt find that option stall.

quote author=Dredre01 post=61567548]

Hello, it does not means you have not submit but it simple means no information yet on your application. Did you click on check status and messages? That is where you will see more info on your app[/quote]
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Igbouwanile(m): 12:33pm On Oct 19, 2017
[quote author=hoyin123 post=61565293][/quote]
Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Nobody: 12:35pm On Oct 19, 2017
adey2014:
greetings everyone. i must confess i didnt check thru the previous thread but i just want to ask one question. if a students gains admission for phd and has full funding associated with it. does the person still need to fulfill the financial requirements in the visa applications despite the funding associated with his admission? thank you

Yes.

(1) (2) (3) ... (283) (284) (285) (286) (287) (288) (289) ... (501)

Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 / UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.