Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,449 members, 7,843,369 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 12:30 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 - Travel (345) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 (840902 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (342) (343) (344) (345) (346) (347) (348) ... (501) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by bbclue(f): 6:08pm On Nov 15, 2017
Abiodunne:
I really do not know what I have done to CIC to warrant this long wait for a final decision on my application. At the moment I am confused and do not know what to do again. Please guys how many times can someone apply for a gcms note? cos am thinking of ordering a second gcms note

Baba oooo i hail ooooo...just have patient your testimony will shock people.....it will come with permit...
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by bbclue(f): 6:16pm On Nov 15, 2017
Arebo:

It is well o, over a year to get approval, you are such a gentle soul, I have a family friend who asked for his passport back since they weren't forthcoming & he got a response from them, his visa got approved, although it wasn't student visa but visiting visa, your case is different, I think you should send them a mail expressing yourself, this isn't fair...

Abiodune of all the comment here today about your application me will go for Arebo advised....dont withdraw your application and YES you can order for your gcms.....the second time...that is what one of my friend did when her application is up to 1 and 2 month.....

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by bbclue(f): 6:21pm On Nov 15, 2017
Yes oooo...

Congratulations....

TITILOLA88:
My application has just been approved!!! MSC Educational Administration and i only took 2 weeks just like d PHD.
I really cant hide the excitement but i know it was Gods divine favour. This post is to encourage anyone that wants to change a career path but is not sure of how to go about it. with God and doing proper research on how to gather the right documents, u can only expect God to finish the remaining part. Am sincerely grateful to some people dt helped me with ideas and review of my SOP...may God bless u all @fredunna(for ur constant support everytime i buzz u) @jnyuwa (for ur additional input) and @beverlyd (she showed me the area to focus on).

Congratulations!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Gr8sage: 6:24pm On Nov 15, 2017
God is Good.My visa has just been approved!!!!!!!

17 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Gr8sage: 6:27pm On Nov 15, 2017
Thank you all for the contributions to this thread. I would be sharing my profile and insight on how I went all through process of obtaining a visa

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by favourqueen(f): 6:29pm On Nov 15, 2017
Gr8sage:

Congratulations

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by bbclue(f): 6:31pm On Nov 15, 2017
justwise:
[/color]

Dude this is not cool, the more i read your posts the more i see..'contact me, pm me' ..

This will not help this thread, you also need to have a look at rule number 22.

The admin....i dont know you are observing....
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Nobody: 6:33pm On Nov 15, 2017
Gr8sage:
Congrats and welcome to the club
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Nobody: 6:35pm On Nov 15, 2017
mideyola:

Thank you. please for people going to Usask (winter start), how do you intend to sort accommodation?

Schools normally have a website dedicated to housing issues or an "int'l student centre" that can give you info on the accommodation enquiries. However, look for those already there, they can arrange accom.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by tommee: 6:35pm On Nov 15, 2017
[quote author=dodoa post=62388647][/quote]

Please how did you reach them mail, can share the e-mail address?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Nobody: 6:35pm On Nov 15, 2017
ejobeh:
I'm going for masters please which university does not ask for Toefl or IELTS and offers admissions within 3weeks?
Thanks

Try univ of Western ontario or UoT ...dont know about the 3 weeks stuff though
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by bbclue(f): 6:36pm On Nov 15, 2017
Gr8sage:
Thank you all for the contributions to this thread. I would be sharing my profile and insight on how I went all through process of obtaining a visa

Congratulations.........

Please share your profile let me learn new thing there..
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Nobody: 6:51pm On Nov 15, 2017
Hello fam. Good work here. This forum ignites my hope in Nig that we can still be of help to one another without expecting anything back.

I just got this info concerning applicants who are looking for funding (esp phd). It may not be 100% correct but i think t would help. You stand a brighter chance of admission at universities in the "not so urban" provinces due to low competition. It is like considering your chances between UI/ABU/UNN and Akungba/Nekede/keffi (no offense pls). Of course, competition is stiffer with urban or top-rated schools.

However, am sure the worst uni in Canny is better than (many of) our top unis here. Again, this info might not be 100% tight but am sure it would help.

Godspeed to all hopefuls
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Gr8sage: 6:54pm On Nov 15, 2017
Apologies for the long post.

Submitted app= 27/9/17
Medicals approved= 2 weeks after application
Approval and eligibility = 15/11/17

1. CIC FORMS
a. IMM 5483
b. IMM 1294E
c. IMM 5645E

a. Admission Letter from Concordia University-MENG mechanical Engineering.
b. Quebec Acceptance Certificate (CAQ) Letter.
c. Upfront e-Medical Information Sheet.

a. Statement of Purpose.
b. BEng Mechanical Engineering.
c. Undergraduate Transcript.
d. West African Senior School Certificate (WASSCS).
e. IELTS Certificate.
f. Reference Letter from My Dad.

4. My Birth Certificate and that Of my family
a. Photocopy of International Passport
b. Police Character Certificate

5. Proof of Employment from former employers
a. National Youth Service Certificate (NYSC) and NYSC Posting Letter.
b. Student Industrial Work Experience Acceptance Letter from

6. Financial Qualification
a. Statement of Account of Dad’s account. – 17million naira **** Yearly Tuition = 14000Cad Room and Board=12000 other=2000 Totaling=28000CAD Amount Available =30000CAD

b. 1) Certificate of Incorporation.
11) Memorandum and Articles of Association.
111) Statement of Share Capital and Return of Allotment.
1V) Particulars of Persons Who Are First Directors of the Company.

c. Tax Receipt
d. Dad’s Share certificates from various companies.
e. House Rent Receipts from houses rented out by my Dad.
f. Plan showing one of my Dad’s residential building.
g. Two of my dad’s Certificate of Occupancy documents showing his properties.
h. Documents of Landed properties belonging to my Dad.
i. My Share Certificates.
j. Plan showing my building.
k. Documents of Landed properties belonging to me.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by tommee: 6:55pm On Nov 15, 2017
Nzo1:
Greetings Bosses, you guys are doing a terrific job here. I was a silent follower on this thread for long but I reached out to guys here when my first TRV application was refused back in July. My second application has just been approved. We Bless God!

Here's my timeline:

M.Eng (Electrical Engineering, MUN)

1st Application: May 5th, 2017 (Paper route), linked it online.
Refused: July 7th, 2017 (Insufficient Funds for tuition fees, Purpose of Visit, & Travel History)
Ordered GCMS Notes immediately and it arrived on August 9th, 2017. VO said i was being sponsored by a third party (my cousin), limited evidence of relationship on file, limited travel history and weak evidence of personal financial establishment.

Meanwhile, it was a fully funded admission, i had to stress that in my second application while also tackling the above reasons.

Second Application: August 28th, 2017 (Paper route), linked it online.
Medical passed like three weeks later (same upfront medical i used for the first application)
Application updated November 14th, 2017. Approved (I checked my profile the night before (13th) and review of eligibility had not started)

Special shout out to @Thesoj; As soon as i got my admission in March 2017, one of my guys in Canada advised me to read all your posts from the beginning and i did, very enlightening. Thanks Boss.

Very big thank you to @Maziude 1 of Ottawa who reviewed my LoE and pointed out areas where i sounded desperate, Lol. Thanks Boss!

Special thanks to @Austinpee4, @Mcobex & @Jnyuwa02 for their inputs and advice on how to tackle my refusal reasons. I'm grateful.

I believe my Scholarship was overlooked in the review of my first application because of the way i filled the financial section of my first application form but @Osemigho's post on that subject ensured that i didn't make the same mistake twice. Thank you bro!

I'm happy to answer any questions and to help anybody in need of some guidance.

Cheers Bosses.

Hello,

Congrats on your approval i was also denied based on financial reason V.O stated a lump sum seen however i have paid my full 1 year tuition and i have also open a dorm account for my living expenses can you advise on how to fill my financial section
Tuition fully paid 1year -15,445 (please note my program is 2 years )
Newly opened Dorm account- 10,500 USD equivalent to 13,500 CAD

@Nzo1 i would mind if u can assist with some lines to include in my LOE please revert so i can pm you
@Nzo1 and Gurus please advice on how to fill financial part
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by petlaz: 7:01pm On Nov 15, 2017
Gr8sage:
Apologies for the long post.

Submitted app= 27/9/17
Medicals approved= 2 weeks after application
Approval and eligibility = 15/11/17

1. CIC FORMS
a. IMM 5483
b. IMM 1294E
c. IMM 5645E

a. Admission Letter from Concordia University-MENG mechanical Engineering.
b. Quebec Acceptance Certificate (CAQ) Letter.
c. Upfront e-Medical Information Sheet.

a. Statement of Purpose.
b. BEng Mechanical Engineering.
c. Undergraduate Transcript.
d. West African Senior School Certificate (WASSCS).
e. IELTS Certificate.
f. Reference Letter from My Dad.

4. My Birth Certificate and that Of my family
a. Photocopy of International Passport
b. Police Character Certificate

5. Proof of Employment from former employers
a. National Youth Service Certificate (NYSC) and NYSC Posting Letter.
b. Student Industrial Work Experience Acceptance Letter from

6. Financial Qualification
a. Statement of Account of Dad’s account. – 17million naira **** Yearly Tuition = 14000Cad Room and Board=12000 other=2000 Totaling=28000CAD Amount Available =30000CAD

b. 1) Certificate of Incorporation.
11) Memorandum and Articles of Association.
111) Statement of Share Capital and Return of Allotment.
1V) Particulars of Persons Who Are First Directors of the Company.

c. Tax Receipt
d. Dad’s Share certificates from various companies.
e. House Rent Receipts from houses rented out by my Dad.
f. Plan showing one of my Dad’s residential building.
g. Two of my dad’s Certificate of Occupancy documents showing his properties.
h. Documents of Landed properties belonging to my Dad.
i. My Share Certificates.
j. Plan showing my building.
k. Documents of Landed properties belonging to me.

Congrats brother.

Come to Lagos for celebrations.

Indeed God speed.

It will surely end in praise for all of us.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Cherryola: 7:03pm On Nov 15, 2017
Pls can anyone in the house help me out I want to reapply my Canada study permit application but my uncle who my co sponsorship have fuel station but the fuel stations license have been lodge in bank and I go there with the picture of the fuel stations and the cac certificate
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Nogen: 7:08pm On Nov 15, 2017
Gr8sage:

Congrats !!!!! TRV rain!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by EbonyHRH: 7:34pm On Nov 15, 2017
Hello everyone. I have been a silent follower of this amazing thread. Thank you for all that you do!

I'd appreciate your counsel please.

I recently wrote my ielts exam and passed. I desire to study in Canada. I want to apply for a diploma in social services. The thing is I already have a bsc (2006) from one annoying private uni and I really do not want to build my aspirations on it. Hence my decision to start afresh.

I currently run a fashion design business but have always done volunteer work with a couple of NGOs.

My worry now is my age (33) and the fact that I am not applying for a pgd or msc. Doing so would mean me studying something similar to my uni degree which I have no interest in tbh.

I also would like my aunt (she married my mum's late brother) to be my sponsor. Cos my bank account isn't it at all. She has agreed.

With my queer situation above, what would you advise that I do? Do you think I stand a chance of getting admission from a college and even study permit from CA embassy?

Thank you so much. I studied Computer Science in uni.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Oben209(f): 7:48pm On Nov 15, 2017
hello house please does ordering gcms file affect anyone’s application in anyway ,even before a decision is made
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by jnyuwa02: 7:57pm On Nov 15, 2017
EbonyHRH:
Hello everyone. I have been a silent follower of this amazing thread. Thank you for all that you do!

I'd appreciate your counsel please.

I recently wrote my ielts exam and passed. I desire to study in Canada. I want to apply for a diploma in social services. The thing is I already have a bsc (2006) from one annoying private uni and I really do not want to build my aspirations on it. Hence my decision to start afresh.

I currently run a fashion design business but have always done volunteer work with a couple of NGOs.

My worry now is my age (33) and the fact that I am not applying for a pgd or msc. Doing so would mean me studying something similar to my uni degree which I have no interest in tbh.

I also would like my aunt (she married my mum's late brother) to be my sponsor. Cos my bank account isn't it at all. She has agreed.

With my queer situation above, what would you advise that I do? Do you think I stand a chance of getting admission from a college and even study permit from CA embassy?

Thank you so much. I studied Computer Science in uni.

Absolutely, if you play your game right, I see no reason why age should be a barrier. Many way older than you have gotten a visa. Nothing is an obtascle but yourself. I mean dont limit what you can do and the things you can achieve. Go for it!!! A word of caution though, why not apply for a masters? It will paint you as a serious student!! Don't be seen dabbling with a diploma course except that is really your only option. At this age you have to show you know what you want and are determined to go get it. It doesn't have to be on what you studied at the private university. You can capitalize on what you are doing right now for work or even your volunteer experience with the NGO and apply for a course related to that. If that is what you are really interested in. The NGO work sounds amazing and will perfectly work when you write your SOP to the VO on what made you choose the course you are interested in studying in Canada. So my answer is yes absolutely you will get admission at a Canadian school at your age. And yes you will get a visa at your age. All depends how you weave your story. Aunty sponsorship will work! Best of luck!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Jonaslokk: 8:01pm On Nov 15, 2017
Igbouwanile:

It is much, but what then will u do? blv God is on course 2 working out something good for u.. cheers!

Thanks grin

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by EbonyHRH: 8:14pm On Nov 15, 2017
@jnyuwa02 thank you so much! See how your words gave me more hope! Chai!

As for not going for a master's prog, my uni has a PhD in frustrating ex students. I just can't deal, honestly.

So like you said, in order to be seen as a serious person, I will instead go for a bachelor's degree in same course I desire.

I'll be back when I need help. smiley Thank you so much!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by HiredGames(m): 8:18pm On Nov 15, 2017
ejobeh:
For those who used MUN, is IELTS or TOEFL mandatory for nigerians?

Nope.

You will however need a letter addressed to the School of graduate studies of MUN from the school you had your undergraduate stating that your undergraduate was taught in English.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by jnyuwa02: 8:19pm On Nov 15, 2017
EbonyHRH:

As for not going for a master's prog, my uni has a PhD in frustrating ex students. I just can't deal, honestly.

So like you said, in order to be seen as a serious person, I will instead go for a bachelor's degree in same course I desire.

You are more than welcome!! A second bachelor's you mean? Why does your Univesity frustrate? Just use an old transcript and scan, most Canadian universities accept a scan till you have the original. Because a masters degree would be easier to get a visa with than going for a second bachelors. Also be prepared because you going to work with your alma mater university than you know. You are going to need letters of recommendations from professors that taught you there. At least one and also recommendation from your workplace will do.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Arebo: 8:33pm On Nov 15, 2017
EbonyHRH:

Uncle, my candid advice is go for a masters or Pgd, honest truth is at 33, Bsc isn't an option, read through the previous pages and see how VOs quotes applicants ages stating the level of course they are going for, these people take their time to analyze age & program, I am not saying it's not possible but save yourself the stress.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by jnyuwa02: 8:45pm On Nov 15, 2017
Arebo:

Uncle, my candid advice is go for a masters or Pgd, honest truth is at 33, Bsc isn't an option, read through the previous pages and see how VOs quotes applicants ages stating the level of course they are going for, these people take their time to analyze age & program, I am not saying it's not possible but save yourself the stress.

Uncle? Please don't make the guy be feeling old!! He is talking about a second bsc not merely a bsc. A second bachelors will take less time to complete than if he were going for it for the first time. Getting a visa with a second bachelors is only harder a little than a PGD, but both are in the same mold--very difficult. Go for a masters bro. Would be stressful either way, but that is what makes the victory sweeter and the endeavour rewarding. Even if you don't get visa in the end, it is worth to try at least knowing you gave it your very best shot and have no regrets. Better to know what is possible than recoil in fear never knowing the joys of victory and the feelings of defeat than can only make you even of a stronger person. He has more to gain trying than not in my opinion. Go get them Tiger!!

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by bbclue(f): 8:52pm On Nov 15, 2017
Oben209:
hello house please does ordering gcms file affect anyone’s application in anyway ,even before a decision is made

It doesnt......u can order for it when it has exceeded the normal processing time
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Nobody: 8:55pm On Nov 15, 2017
Just check my status now and it says we are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements. What does that mean? Background check still processing tho
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by bbclue(f): 9:03pm On Nov 15, 2017
OriEyeLe:
Just check my status now and it says we are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements. What does that mean? Background check still processing tho

Cic have started reviewing your application...just praying....positive reponse is coming
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Lagos2canna: 9:04pm On Nov 15, 2017
OriEyeLe:
What about your medical
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Nobody: 9:06pm On Nov 15, 2017
Passed

Lagos2canna:

What about your medical

(1) (2) (3) ... (342) (343) (344) (345) (346) (347) (348) ... (501)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 / UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.