Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,062 members, 7,828,744 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 01:38 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 - Travel (347) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 (833362 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (344) (345) (346) (347) (348) (349) (350) ... (501) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Igbouwanile(m): 7:48am On Nov 16, 2017
rosegoldd:

I know someone that was rushing too as he got the trv to the day he travelled he was saying he doesnt want to go again grin grin
Lolz, exactly what am telling you regards rushing, rather sort out things before flying.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by akdam: 8:13am On Nov 16, 2017
[quote author=Austinpee4 post=62416348]To all the recently approved applicants, congratulations and all the best as you move forward in your endeavours.

Best regards.[/quote

@ Austinpee, Pls what are the documents require at the point of entry in Canada. Do we need to print the statement of account we use for our application and take it along? Kindly shead more light on what are needed at the point of entry. Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by hadeytee: 8:13am On Nov 16, 2017
Hello Gurus in the house great job y'all have been doing. Congratulations to those who have gotten their visas.
Pls help I need your input on what to do as I am confused and blank
I applied May 29th 2017
My biometrics request came Oct 5th with a wrong date June 31st
I sent a mail for a new letter to be sent , they did a week after , I did my biometrics on the 12th oct
Since then again its been radio silence.
No updates nothing. I have deferred my admission twice . pls help a girl in distress what do you suggest I do? Thanks mil
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by jnyuwa02: 8:55am On Nov 16, 2017
hadeytee:
Hello Gurus in the house great job y'all have been doing. Congratulations to those who have gotten their visas.
I applied May 29th 2017
I sent a mail for a new letter to be sent , they did a week after , I did my biometrics on the 12th oct
No updates nothing. I have deferred my admission twice . pls help a girl in distress what do you suggest I do? Thanks mil

Sorry for the distress. Write them again and let them know you are gone past the processing time, for them to give you the TRV or withdraw you and refund your money. That one will sure strike a nerve and you might get approved. Come and thank me later. But really that is a good strategy, but if you are not a risk taker, don't do it. Just write and remind them you are gone past the normal deadline, for them to expedite the processing of your application so you can commence your studies.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Nzo1: 9:20am On Nov 16, 2017
No but it also depends on the school and how you're able to convince them that your first degree was in English Language. You should find out from your school.

ejobeh:

Is English test mandatory for Masters ?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Austinpee4: 10:41am On Nov 16, 2017
@akdam,
Documents to show at the point of entry will depend on the immigration officer attending to you and your answers to questions asked. It could be from all vital documents(offer letter, correspondence letter from the embassy,scholarship letter etc) to non aside your international passport. So ensure you have all important document on your carry-on bag. For proof of funds, if you have paid your tuition, have your fees receipts with you, if you haven't, bank statements used would be fine. If you have a sponsor, go along with copy of the sponsorship letter etc. There is a possibility that they MAY not ask for all these documents but i'd rather advise that you have them with you.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by BRANDYAK: 10:54am On Nov 16, 2017
SamReinvented:
MichV is back as facelessbeing grin grin grin
Reading the post, I felt that as well
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by malcom2x(m): 11:23am On Nov 16, 2017
Please, Any open admission now for march 2018 intake? I Was so relaxed on my agent and it's looking like a child's play.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Ope100(m): 11:58am On Nov 16, 2017

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by jnyuwa02: 12:45pm On Nov 16, 2017
BRANDYAK:

Reading the post, I felt that as well

Hahah, who is MichV? Sounds like I would like the guy if he is half as awesome as Facelessbeing.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by hadeytee: 1:11pm On Nov 16, 2017
Thanks a lot I'll do just that see of they'd respond
jnyuwa02:

Sorry for the distress. Write them again and let them know you are gone past the processing time, for them to give you the TRV or withdraw you and refund your money. That one will sure strike a nerve and you might get approved. Come and thank me later. But really that is a good strategy, but if you are not a risk taker, don't do it. Just write and remind them you are gone past the normal deadline, for them to expedite the processing of your application so you can commence your studies.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by timitej: 1:36pm On Nov 16, 2017
Please i just got admission to university in canada. I already started my applications. Please on which thread can i get process of applying and do and don'ts
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by sleekysoft(m): 1:36pm On Nov 16, 2017
Was I going online route or paper route ? Thank you and congrats
mideyola:
My application has just been approved!!! MSC Educational Administration and i only took 2 weeks just like d PHD.
I really cant hide the excitement but i know it was Gods divine favour. This post is to encourage anyone that wants to change a career path but is not sure of how to go about it. with God and doing proper research on how to gather the right documents, u can only expect God to finish the remaining part. Am sincerely grateful to some people dt helped me with ideas and review of my SOP...may God bless u all @fredunna(for ur constant support everytime i buzz u) @jnyuwa (for ur additional input) and @beverlyd (she showed me the area to focus on).
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Nzo1: 2:27pm On Nov 16, 2017
Thanks.

Tuition = 15,445 CAD
Room & Board = 10,000 CAD
Others = 3,500 CAD

Funds Available = A summation of the above (plus any other funds available to you through your sponsor, if any)

You should also show the source of the above funds and the possibility of the funds being available for the second year.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/study/study-how-documents.asp#doc3

tommee:

Hello,

Congrats on your approval i was also denied based on financial reason V.O stated a lump sum seen however i have paid my full 1 year tuition and i have also open a dorm account for my living expenses can you advise on how to fill my financial section
Tuition fully paid 1year -15,445 (please note my program is 2 years )
Newly opened Dorm account- 10,500 USD equivalent to 13,500 CAD

@Nzo1 i would mind if u can assist with some lines to include in my LOE please revert so i can pm you
@Nzo1 and Gurus please advice on how to fill financial part

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by osento(m): 2:29pm On Nov 16, 2017
Are u going for PGD? [quotes author=Nzo1 post=62433668]Thanks.

Tuition = 15,445 CAD
Room & Board = 10,000 CAD
Others = 3,500 CAD

Funds Available = A summation of the above (plus any other funds available to you through your sponsor, if any)

You should also show the source of the above funds and the possibility of the funds being available for the second year.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/study/study-how-documents.asp#doc3

[/quote]
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Nzo1: 2:37pm On Nov 16, 2017
I didn't apply separately, it came with the admission. Their Thesis programs are funded.

ugwuokey:
How did you apply for scholarship at MUN and did they require English proficiency test??
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Nzo1: 2:40pm On Nov 16, 2017
Thanks.

RAY12345:

Congrats.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Cherryola: 2:45pm On Nov 16, 2017
Hello
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Cherryola: 2:46pm On Nov 16, 2017
Sorry no one have respond to my question
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Jejelaye1: 3:11pm On Nov 16, 2017
@Nzo1, please do you have to contact a professor before you can be accepted for thesis based MSc.

Nzo1:
I didn't apply separately, it came with the admission. Their Thesis programs are funded.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Cherryola: 3:32pm On Nov 16, 2017
Pls house help me out my co sponsorship have fuel station but the fuel stations license have been lodge in bank have I take the picture of the fuel stations instead and add to my documents
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Cherryola: 3:34pm On Nov 16, 2017
My co sponsorship have fuel station but the fuel stations license have been lodge in bank can I take the picture of the fuel stations instead and add to my documents
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by bimbodelebite: 3:38pm On Nov 16, 2017
hadeytee:
I applied May 29th 2017
I am in the same situation. I went to vfs and they mailed Accra ,they replied immediately that they should do the biometrics for me which I did .
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Lagos2canna: 3:55pm On Nov 16, 2017
Cherryola:
My co sponsorship have fuel station but the fuel stations license have been lodge in bank can I take the picture of the fuel stations instead and add to my documents
You don't need the picture of the filling station, are you using the bank statement of the filling station or his personal bank statement?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Cherryola: 4:34pm On Nov 16, 2017
Yes am using both he's business account statement and he's personal account statement also have he's business registration certificate cac with me also
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Incorrect216: 4:50pm On Nov 16, 2017
hi,

i have applied in vfs qatar and they give me tracking number and some reference number but when i try to link my application in CIC website it says no application found. did anyone have the same problem i have submitted it in 10 october and the process time is 11 weeks. please help i followed the same steps in cic made GC KEY account logged in chosed study permit date of birth and family name option still nothing.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by mcobex: 4:53pm On Nov 16, 2017
Nzo1:
Greetings Bosses, you guys are doing a terrific job here. I was a silent follower on this thread for long but I reached out to guys here when my first TRV application was refused back in July. My second application has just been approved. We Bless God!

Here's my timeline:

M.Eng (Electrical Engineering, MUN)

1st Application: May 5th, 2017 (Paper route), linked it online.
Refused: July 7th, 2017 (Insufficient Funds for tuition fees, Purpose of Visit, & Travel History)
Ordered GCMS Notes immediately and it arrived on August 9th, 2017. VO said i was being sponsored by a third party (my cousin), limited evidence of relationship on file, limited travel history and weak evidence of personal financial establishment.

Meanwhile, it was a fully funded admission, i had to stress that in my second application while also tackling the above reasons.

Second Application: August 28th, 2017 (Paper route), linked it online.
Medical passed like three weeks later (same upfront medical i used for the first application)
Application updated November 14th, 2017. Approved (I checked my profile the night before (13th) and review of eligibility had not started)

Special shout out to @Thesoj; As soon as i got my admission in March 2017, one of my guys in Canada advised me to read all your posts from the beginning and i did, very enlightening. Thanks Boss.

Very big thank you to @Maziude 1 of Ottawa who reviewed my LoE and pointed out areas where i sounded desperate, Lol. Thanks Boss!

Special thanks to @Austinpee4, @Mcobex & @Jnyuwa02 for their inputs and advice on how to tackle my refusal reasons. I'm grateful.

I believe my Scholarship was overlooked in the review of my first application because of the way i filled the financial section of my first application form but @Osemigho's post on that subject ensured that i didn't make the same mistake twice. Thank you bro!

I'm happy to answer any questions and to help anybody in need of some guidance.

Cheers Bosses.
Congratulations bro, go and make us proud in St John's. MUN is waiting for you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by mcobex: 4:56pm On Nov 16, 2017
Josh121:
Good morning house , is it advice-able for a fresh graduate to apply for masters , the person as not gone for service but want to apply for her masters first before coming back to do her service .
Yes you can, there's nothing bad in it
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Cherryola: 4:58pm On Nov 16, 2017
Am using both he's business account statement and he's personal account statement with 15million naria and business registration certificate with the cac
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Incorrect216: 5:01pm On Nov 16, 2017
mcobex:
Congratulations bro, go and make us proud in St John's. MUN is waiting for you

i cant find my application when i try to link it in cic ? anyone help please
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Lagos2canna: 5:17pm On Nov 16, 2017
Cherryola:
Am using both he's business account statement and he's personal account statement with 15million naria and business registration certificate with the cac
You can include reference letter, affidavit of support and international passport, how much is your main sponsor having? Don't complicate your application with too bank statement.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by mcobex: 5:20pm On Nov 16, 2017
Incorrect216:

i cant find my application when i try to link it in cic ? anyone help please
make sure all the info you put are correct. it might also be issue from the site, so keep trying it

(1) (2) (3) ... (344) (345) (346) (347) (348) (349) (350) ... (501)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 / UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.