Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,199 members, 7,829,288 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 12:13 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 - Travel (346) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 (833504 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (343) (344) (345) (346) (347) (348) (349) ... (501) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Nobody: 9:07pm On Nov 15, 2017
Ok and amen o. I hope to hear good news and all of us by his grace

bbclue:

Cic have started reviewing your application...just praying....positive reponse is coming

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Nobody: 9:14pm On Nov 15, 2017
And does that mean they haven't touch my application before? I don't get it.

bbclue:

Cic have started reviewing your application...just praying....positive reponse is coming
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by EbonyHRH: 9:36pm On Nov 15, 2017
jnyuwa02:

Uncle? Please don't make the guy be feeling old!! He is talking about a second bsc not merely a bsc. A second bachelors will take less time to complete than if he were going for it for the first time. Getting a visa with a second bachelors is only harder a little than a PGD, but both are in the same mold--very difficult. Go for a masters bro. Would be stressful either way, but that is what makes the victory sweeter and the endeavour rewarding. Even if you don't get visa in the end, it is worth to try at least knowing you gave it your very best shot and have no regrets. Better to know what is possible than recoil in fear never knowing the joys of victory and the feelings of defeat than can only make you even of a stronger person. He has more to gain trying than not in my opinion. Go get them Tiger!!

Wow! Then maybe I'll look at pgd then. I'm a lady, btw. smiley

Thank you all so much.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Lagos2canna: 9:40pm On Nov 15, 2017
OriEyeLe:

When did you submit, good news will fall on us.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Abiodunne: 9:44pm On Nov 15, 2017
Nogen:

When are you resuming school?

may 2018
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Abiodunne: 9:45pm On Nov 15, 2017
bbclue:

Baba oooo i hail ooooo...just have patient your testimony will shock people.....it will come with permit...

Amen o I claim that.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by ManLikeMace: 10:04pm On Nov 15, 2017
mideyola:
My application has just been approved!!! MSC Educational Administration and i only took 2 weeks just like d PHD.
I really cant hide the excitement but i know it was Gods divine favour. This post is to encourage anyone that wants to change a career path but is not sure of how to go about it. with God and doing proper research on how to gather the right documents, u can only expect God to finish the remaining part. Am sincerely grateful to some people dt helped me with ideas and review of my SOP...may God bless u all @fredunna(for ur constant support everytime i buzz u) @jnyuwa (for ur additional input) and @beverlyd (she showed me the area to focus on).

Congrats!!!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by ManLikeMace: 10:08pm On Nov 15, 2017
Gr8sage:
God is Good.My visa has just been approved!!!!!!!
Whhoopp whooppp! Congrats!!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Nobody: 10:09pm On Nov 15, 2017
October 16

Lagos2canna:

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by bbclue(f): 10:11pm On Nov 15, 2017
OriEyeLe:

It has been touch Sir/Ma,
Is stage by stage
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by osento(m): 10:13pm On Nov 15, 2017
Please has anyone gotten admission to Dalhousie University For MSC.

Please reply

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Austinpee4: 10:24pm On Nov 15, 2017
To all the recently approved applicants, congratulations and all the best as you move forward in your endeavours.

Best regards.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by chinexchiboy(m): 10:33pm On Nov 15, 2017
Yes Msc computer science

osento:
Please has anyone gotten admission to Dalhousie University For MSC.

Please reply
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Nobody: 10:36pm On Nov 15, 2017
I be male joor undecided .... ok pray and fast for me abeg shocked

bbclue:

It has been touch Sir/Ma,
Is stage by stage
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by osento(m): 10:42pm On Nov 15, 2017
@ chinexchiboy,I js sent u a message ,pls rpl back,
gat few questions to ask.thanks ..
chinexchiboy:
Yes Msc computer science

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Arebo: 10:45pm On Nov 15, 2017
@Osento..... did you get a decision on your application yet??
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Oben209(f): 10:45pm On Nov 15, 2017
bbclue:

It doesnt......u can order for it when it has exceeded the normal processing time

What is the normal processing time
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Nobody: 11:26pm On Nov 15, 2017
October 16th

Lagos2canna:

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by ugwuokey(m): 11:52pm On Nov 15, 2017
Nzo1:
Yes. I'm not allowed to drop my email here but you can PM me. You should also ask your questions here so that others can learn and the gurus in the house can also comment. Cheers.

How did you apply for scholarship at MUN and did they require English proficiency test??
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by osento(m): 11:53pm On Nov 15, 2017
Refused!! Purpose of visit.. This PGD won't take someone anywhere ,am trying to see if I can get a masters in mechanical engineering with cgpa of 3.41....
Arebo:
@Osento..... did you get a decision on your application yet??
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by TITILOLA88: 12:16am On Nov 16, 2017
I haven't applied yet o..... grin. I was congratulating mideyola.

bbclue:
Yes oooo...

Congratulations....

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Josh1996: 12:38am On Nov 16, 2017
chinexchiboy:
Yes Msc computer science

Bro, am applying to dalhousie for electrical engineering
Can we please link up
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by bbclue(f): 3:25am On Nov 16, 2017
Oben209:

What is the normal processing time

........although its varies.....it can be 14weeks or so or less....check cic site
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by bbclue(f): 3:26am On Nov 16, 2017
TITILOLA88:
I haven't applied yet o..... grin. I was congratulating mideyola.

Okay........i thought i click on mideyola post
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Nogen: 3:45am On Nov 16, 2017
Abiodunne:

may 2018

You may need to send a message to the Embassy or apply for a gmc note again. All the best!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by RAY12345(m): 4:58am On Nov 16, 2017
Nzo1:
Thanks bro.

First Application:

Scholarship amount: 16,500 CAD per year, sponsor declared 5,000 CAD per year.

Tuition: 3,717 CAD (per year)
Room and Board: 10,000 CAD
Other: 4,256 CAD
Funds available for my stay: 21,500 CAD.
My expenses in Canada will be paid by: Other
Other: (1) Scholarship (Grant) (2) My Cousin.

Second Application: Here, my cousin wrote a letter of support (not letter of sponsorship) stating that he was aware of my full scholarship but that he'll be supporting me with 15,000 CAD per year to ensure that i have a stress free stay. I stated in my LoE that i didn't need any additional funds considering the scholarship but that the additional funds was to cater for any eventualities.

Tuition: 3,717 CAD (per year)
Room and Board: 10,000 CAD
Other: 2,000 CAD
Funds available for my stay: 31,500 CAD.
My expenses in Canada will be paid by: Other
Other: Full Scholarship.

In my LoE, there was a section titled Financial Requirements where i wrote the breakdown of Funds Available: 1. Scholarship (16,500 per year), My Cousin (15,000 per year). Total: 31,500 CAD per year.

On the issue of third party sponsorship, my cousin wrote a more elaborate Letter of Support, stating why he was supporting me and i provided more proofs of our relationship and evidence of his previous supports (though i provided this in my first application).

Also, in my LoE, there was a section titled Further Explanation Concerning Previous Refusal: Here, i stated that the reasons given for my previous refusal were bothered primarily on Finance which came as a shock to me considering the full scholarship from MUN. I also stated that i believed there was an oversight in the review of my previous application because the scholarship wasn't mentioned in my GCMS Notes, that the scholarship amount was more than sufficient for my studies and that i didn't need any additional funds but nevertheless, i had additional funds.

I also increased my personal account balance from like 100k in my first application to like 1.5M in my second application.

My people, Scholarship is not a curse, you just need to stress it in your LoE but you need to show additional funds.

Congrats.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by RAY12345(m): 5:20am On Nov 16, 2017
OriEyeLe:
I be male joor undecided .... ok pray and fast for me abeg shocked

$1000CAD per day. Lolxx. it seems a decision is about to be made on your app. May TRV fall on you.
Cheers!!!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Miles490: 6:18am On Nov 16, 2017
@Osento, sorry about that. When did you submit and how long did it take to get a decision?

osento:
Refused!! Purpose of visit.. This PGD won't take someone anywhere ,am trying to see if I can get a masters in mechanical engineering with cgpa of 3.41....
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by rosegoldd: 6:22am On Nov 16, 2017
congrats bro! I tap from your testimony
Gr8sage:
Thank you all for the contributions to this thread. I would be sharing my profile and insight on how I went all through process of obtaining a visa
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by rosegoldd: 6:29am On Nov 16, 2017
Igbouwanile:

lolz, we all as human have different attitude, u might get it & also decide to chill, but I'll fly soon, life na still jējē!
I know someone that was rushing too as he got the trv to the day he travelled he was saying he doesnt want to go again grin grin

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by AJANIEmmanuel78(m): 6:37am On Nov 16, 2017
Good morning my good people in the house , i have been following this thread now for a very long time, i have a big issue i am really confused about
1. It like on this thread u only talk about postgraduate ,is it not advisible to habe your undergraduate studies in canada?
2. I will be 19 by december this year and i graduated from high school 2014, do i have a chance of getting my study permit granted if i submit my docs, my uncle will he sponsoring me and also he his the king of my village , my dad is alive , ever since after graduation i have been into one meaningful thing or the other because i want to study computer scince ,i had to go to computer training for six and i also did a voluntary work for cousin at his computer training and engineering school....
3. Pls i also need someone that would direct me through all the process ....it my dream to study in canada. PLS I NEED URGENT ANSWERS PLS........
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by AJANIEmmanuel78(m): 6:40am On Nov 16, 2017
Good morning good people in the house , i have been following this thread now for a very long time, i have a big issue i am really confused about
1. It like on this thread u only talk about postgraduate ,is it not advisible to habe your undergraduate studies in canada?
2. I will be 19 by december this year and i graduated from high school 2014, do i have a chance of getting my study permit granted if i submit my docs, my uncle will he sponsoring me and also he his the king of my village , my dad is alive , ever since after graduation i have been into one meaningful thing or the other because i want to study computer scince ,i had to go to computer training for six and i also did a voluntary work for cousin at his computer training and engineering school....
3. Pls i also need someone that would direct me through all the process ....it my dream to study in canada. PLS I NEED URGENT ANSWERS PLS.....

(1) (2) (3) ... (343) (344) (345) (346) (347) (348) (349) ... (501)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 / UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.