Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,321 members, 7,811,948 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:50 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 - Travel (358) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 (826445 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (355) (356) (357) (358) (359) (360) (361) ... (501) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Ayomidemoyo: 8:09pm On Nov 21, 2017
Hello house,

I am new here and I need someone to help clarify.

I applied for a canadian study visa around September and i got a mail from the visa office that my passport has been dispatched from Ghana to the visa office here in Lagos.
Guess it is ready for collection but I was not called for medical examination. Does that mean my visa is denied?

Please, I need an urgent response.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Elizdee: 8:25pm On Nov 21, 2017
Ayomidemoyo:
Hello house,

I am new here and I need someone to help clarify.

I applied for a canadian study visa around September and i got a mail from the visa office that my passport has been dispatched from Ghana to the visa office here in Lagos.
Guess it is ready for collection but I was not called for medical examination. Does that mean my visa is denied?.

Please, I need an urgent response.

Hmm.... That was what happened to me last week. Got the same message on my status without getting called for medicals and went to get my passport .
I was denied
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Ayomidemoyo: 8:26pm On Nov 21, 2017
Elizdee:

Hmm.... That was what happened to me last week. Got the same message on my status without getting called for medicals and went to get my passport .
I was denied

I am so scared right now����
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Elizdee: 8:37pm On Nov 21, 2017
Ayomidemoyo:

I am so scared right now����

Don’t be scared.... just be positive
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by HiredGames(m): 8:41pm On Nov 21, 2017
Lagos2canna:
If someone has traveled to Ghana from Nigeria , does it mean the person has traveled before?

You go fear question cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

To answer your question, if someone travels from Lagos to Entebbe(it's a city in Uganda), that sure means the person has traveled before. Heck if someone travels from Oshodi to Ojota, that person sure has traveled before.

If by travel, you mean international travel then I'd say that so far the movement was from one country to another, no matter how near the two places are or the means of transportation, such trips/bus ride/boat ride/plane ride or any type of ride will pass for a travel experience.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by jnyuwa02: 8:45pm On Nov 21, 2017
reichwolf:
Hello guys, I'm in serious need of help. I got refused a Canadian student visa for a January start at Medicine Hat College, Alberta. I applied for it here in the UK as I am currently in Scotland. The reasons given were TRAVEL HISTORY, IMMIGRATION STATUS IN THE UK and PURPOSE OF VISIT.

If any of you guys have any idea on how to tackle these issues, please may you forward them to me please.
I included every possible document in my first application so I am really perplexed by the refusal.

I am planning to re-apply as fast as I can.
Thanks for all.

Immigration status in the UK means you have to come back to Nigeria and apply from here. That said, after you come back, you need to work on showing ties to Nigeria that will induce your return to home country; also that you would be a bonafide student in Canada if granted a visa. All these should be addressed in your SOP when next you apply, backed with substantial evidence.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by jnyuwa02: 8:49pm On Nov 21, 2017
TDultimate:
Pls what's d difference btwn letter of explanation and sop

The same beast with two different names.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by jnyuwa02: 10:03pm On Nov 21, 2017
bukanol:

House abeg I need answer...someone please should show me love by answering my question please...

How far? Did you get an answer to your questions? Has your application been decided? Yes sometimes the application can go from background check processing to not applicable, to background check running again. This is nothing to worry about. It means your application is moving and not static any longer and might be in the process of getting decided (that is if it hasn't been decided yet).
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Youtook(f): 10:27pm On Nov 21, 2017
Can someone please help me?
I have a Bachelors degree in Mass Communication and an MSc in International Human Resources from the UK. I'm considering another degree in Canada. I don't know if an MBA or a PhD would be more acceptable. I would appreciate suggestions mbok. Thanks in advance.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by beverlyd: 11:05pm On Nov 21, 2017
Congratulations Mideyola
Happy for you

mideyola:
My application has just been approved!!! MSC Educational Administration and i only took 2 weeks just like d PHD.
I really cant hide the excitement but i know it was Gods divine favour. This post is to encourage anyone that wants to change a career path but is not sure of how to go about it. with God and doing proper research on how to gather the right documents, u can only expect God to finish the remaining part. Am sincerely grateful to some people dt helped me with ideas and review of my SOP...may God bless u all @fredunna(for ur constant support everytime i buzz u) @jnyuwa (for ur additional input) and @beverlyd (she showed me the area to focus on).
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Igbouwanile(m): 11:16pm On Nov 21, 2017
Lagos2canna:
If someone has traveled to Ghana from Nigeria , does it mean the person has traveled before?

Ohcanada:
If you travel to CANADA, does it mean you have traveled before
lolz, una nogo kill person with laugh here, which kind of question & answer is this?

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by sleekysoft(m): 11:55pm On Nov 21, 2017
Sent you a Pm pleas reply
Gr8sage:
Apologies for the long post.

Submitted app= 27/9/17
Medicals approved= 2 weeks after application
Approval and eligibility = 15/11/17

1. CIC FORMS
a. IMM 5483
b. IMM 1294E
c. IMM 5645E

a. Admission Letter from Concordia University-MENG mechanical Engineering.
b. Quebec Acceptance Certificate (CAQ) Letter.
c. Upfront e-Medical Information Sheet.

a. Statement of Purpose.
b. BEng Mechanical Engineering.
c. Undergraduate Transcript.
d. West African Senior School Certificate (WASSCS).
e. IELTS Certificate.
f. Reference Letter from My Dad.

4. My Birth Certificate and that Of my family
a. Photocopy of International Passport
b. Police Character Certificate

5. Proof of Employment from former employers
a. National Youth Service Certificate (NYSC) and NYSC Posting Letter.
b. Student Industrial Work Experience Acceptance Letter from

6. Financial Qualification
a. Statement of Account of Dad’s account. – 17million naira **** Yearly Tuition = 14000Cad Room and Board=12000 other=2000 Totaling=28000CAD Amount Available =30000CAD

b. 1) Certificate of Incorporation.
11) Memorandum and Articles of Association.
111) Statement of Share Capital and Return of Allotment.
1V) Particulars of Persons Who Are First Directors of the Company.

c. Tax Receipt
d. Dad’s Share certificates from various companies.
e. House Rent Receipts from houses rented out by my Dad.
f. Plan showing one of my Dad’s residential building.
g. Two of my dad’s Certificate of Occupancy documents showing his properties.
h. Documents of Landed properties belonging to my Dad.
i. My Share Certificates.
j. Plan showing my building.
k. Documents of Landed properties belonging to me.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by jnyuwa02: 4:33am On Nov 22, 2017
HiredGames:

You go fear question cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

To answer your question, if someone travels from Lagos to Entebbe(it's a city in Uganda), that sure means the person has traveled before. Heck if someone travels from Oshodi to Ojota, that person sure has traveled before.

If by travel, you mean international travel then I'd say that so far the movement was from one country to another, no matter how near the two places are or the means of transportation, such trips/bus ride/boat ride/plane ride or any type of ride will pass for a travel experience.

You will be surprised to find out that in CIC's book, if you have travelled to Cameroun or Dubai or South Africa like many people on this forum always say they have, you haven't travelled. When CIC talks of showing travel history of having travelled and returned to Nigeria, they are talking about Canada, USA, UK, the European Union, Russia, Australia, New Zealand, the advanced countries. Anywhere else apparently is no travel. So please don't laugh ooh at this person, he has a point.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by CanadianNurse: 5:45am On Nov 22, 2017
How una dey ? Exams will soon be through and school will vacate
Incase you are coming to Manitoba please come with aboniki #A Word is enough for the wise grin

6 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by CanadianNurse: 5:46am On Nov 22, 2017
jnyuwa02:

You will be surprised to find out that in CIC's book, if you have travelled to Cameroun or Dubai or South Africa like many people on this forum always say they have, you haven't travelled. When CIC talks of showing travel history of having travelled and returned to Nigeria, they are talking about Canada, USA, UK, the European Union, Russia, Australia, New Zealand, the advanced countries. Anywhere else apparently is no travel. So please don't laugh ooh at this person, he has a point.
how far your application?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by jnyuwa02: 7:56am On Nov 22, 2017
CanadianNurse:
how far your application?

Pending, just changed to background check not applicable. I expect it will change to background check processing again, then we are reviewing your eligility and all that jazz.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by abestine(m): 8:26am On Nov 22, 2017
CanadianNurse:
How una dey ? Exams will soon be through and school will vacate
Incase you are coming to Manitoba please come with aboniki #A Word is enough for the wise grin

Noted boss... Best of luck in your exams... cheesy
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by dannydenzy: 8:44am On Nov 22, 2017
dannydenzy:
Hi guys. Is there implication of changing sponsor as the previous sponsors have negative balance but huge inflow in his company account

Please some should answer this
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Lagos2canna: 9:04am On Nov 22, 2017
jnyuwa02:

Thanks bro i really appreciate
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by HiredGames(m): 10:17am On Nov 22, 2017
jnyuwa02:

Those of us wey never go pass Kigali, Entebee, Kigali still risk "Travel History" be that o shocked shocked
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by jnyuwa02: 10:31am On Nov 22, 2017
HiredGames:

Those of us wey never go pass Kigali, Entebee, Kigali still risk "Travel History" be that o shocked shocked

Yes Ooh! It's a risk, but some who have never travelled are given visas. It means you need to work harder and try and convince the VO that you gonna come back through family ties, land and other resources that remain in Nijia. Or just inspire the VO through your SOP and other ways you present yourself and they will release the gate.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Youtook(f): 11:32am On Nov 22, 2017
Youtook:
Can someone please help me?
I have a Bachelors degree in Mass Communication and an MSc in International Human Resources from the UK. I'm considering another degree in Canada. I don't know if an MBA or a PhD would be more acceptable. I would appreciate suggestions mbok. Thanks in advance.

Can the gurus in the house please help me? sad
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Nobody: 11:48am On Nov 22, 2017
Hello, can i get scholarship with my neco result to an Canadian school.

My account is zero but i hope to work and earn there. Pharmacy school has frustrated me here.

beverlyd jnyuwa please who can help
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by bronze25(f): 11:56am On Nov 22, 2017
dannydenzy:

Please some should answer this
I don't think there is any implication in changing sponsors.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by DeCrystal1: 12:26pm On Nov 22, 2017
Hello house,pls it is advisable to apply for study permits with a sponsor who is a citizen in Canada?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Arebo: 12:54pm On Nov 22, 2017
Long post alert!

1st app:
Submitted: 23/6/17
Refused: 31/8/17
2nd app:
Submitted: 18/10/17
Refused: 15/11/17
Thanks to everyone, I finally picked up my passport, here is to correct the notion that I was being negative even before I submitted my 2nd application by asking if after tackling issue of funds which was the only reason for the first denial 'Lump sum deposit' as seen on the gcms note, I asked solely because I didn't put in for masters as I am a nurse and masters in nursing is not open to international nurses, so I opted for Pgc in nursing (Enhanced Nursing Practice), I gave my application another shot because I was initially refused based on just funds, picked up my refusal note now to see:
1. Purpose of visit
2. Travel history
3. Personal asset and financial status
4. Employment situation
Finances wasn't ticked this time, Safe to say, a different VO reviewed and saw my app as not justified for approval, it all balls down to the level/choice of course. This forum has sure made me stronger, this forum gave me hope to even put in for the 2nd application, not getting approved is devastating but please let the pain make you better and not bitter, thanks to everyone & I wish all applicants the best. Signing Out!

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (355) (356) (357) (358) (359) (360) (361) ... (501)

Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here / UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.