Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,339 members, 7,811,982 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:29 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 - Travel (359) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 (826518 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (356) (357) (358) (359) (360) (361) (362) ... (501) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by dannydenzy: 1:06pm On Nov 22, 2017
bronze25:

I don't think there is any implication in changing sponsors.

Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by kcwitch(m): 1:07pm On Nov 22, 2017
Hello, please just a random enquiry. Can someone please help me with a cheap way to book a return flight back to London via Lagos.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Nobody: 1:11pm On Nov 22, 2017
So sad to hear about this especially after you have tackled the reason that got your first application delayed.Why don't you give it a last shot bro. It will worth it bro. Never Give Up bro.

Arebo:
Long post alert!

1st app:
Submitted: 23/6/17
Refused: 31/8/17
2nd app:
Submitted: 18/10/17
Refused: 15/11/17
Thanks to everyone, I finally picked up my passport, here is to correct the notion that I was being negative even before I submitted my 2nd application by asking if after tackling issue of funds which was the only reason for the first denial 'Lump sum deposit' as seen on the gcms note, I asked solely because I didn't put in for masters as I am a nurse and masters in nursing is not open to international nurses, so I opted for Pgc in nursing (Enhanced Nursing Practice), I gave my application another shot because I was initially refused based on just funds, picked up my refusal note now to see:
1. Purpose of visit
2. Travel history
3. Personal asset and financial status
4. Employment situation
Finances wasn't ticked this time, Safe to say, a different VO reviewed and saw my app as not justified for approval, it all balls down to the level/choice of course. This forum has sure made me stronger, this forum gave me hope to even put in for the 2nd application, not getting approved is devastating but please let the pain make you better and not bitter, thanks to everyone & I wish all applicants the best. Signing Out!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by uwaoma2345: 1:16pm On Nov 22, 2017
Hello Everyone.

Please i have a question that i believe i can be assisted on here. I applied for a TRV through the online route and also submitted upfront medicals since may 2017.

I received an update today concerning medicals and I am confused as to why i am getting it as i have already submitted my upfront medical E-form which was given to me.

In the online portal for the medical, i was sent a IMM1017 E form. Please what do i do? Its like they are requesting i take the medical test? i'm confused.

Please someone assist. Thank you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by makano: 1:45pm On Nov 22, 2017
So sorry about this, my 2nd application was also refused same day(15/11/2017) as yours but am planning to re-fire the 3rd time. Please can u send me your email address. Thanks
Arebo:
Long post alert!

1st app:
2nd app:
Thanks to everyone, I finally picked up my passport, here is to correct the notion that I was being negative even before I submitted my 2nd application by asking if after tackling issue of funds which was the only reason for the first denial 'Lump sum deposit' as seen on the gcms note, I asked solely because I didn't put in for masters as I am a nurse and masters in nursing is not open to international nurses, so I opted for Pgc in nursing (Enhanced Nursing Practice), I gave my application another shot because I was initially refused based on just funds, picked up my refusal note now to see:
1. Purpose of visit
2. Travel history
4. Employment situation
Finances wasn't ticked this time, Safe to say, a different VO reviewed and saw my app as not justified for approval, it all balls down to the level/choice of course. This forum has sure made me stronger, this forum gave me hope to even put in for the 2nd application, not getting approved is devastating but please let the pain make you better and not bitter, thanks to everyone & I wish all applicants the best. Signing Out!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Glitterystar: 2:09pm On Nov 22, 2017
uwaoma2345:
Hello Everyone.

Please i have a question that i believe i can be assisted on here. I applied for a TRV through the online route and also submitted upfront medicals since may 2017.

I received an update today concerning medicals and I am confused as to why i am getting it as i have already submitted my upfront medical E-form which was given to me.

In the online portal for the medical, i was sent a IMM1017 E form. Please what do i do? Its like they are requesting i take the medical test? i'm confused.

uwaoma2345:
Hello Everyone.

uwaoma2345:
Hello Everyone.

There isn’t anything amiss in the request from CIC and the medical form. What you need to do is, to print the form and take it along with you to the hospital you chose for your medicals. At CP, it’s called redocummentation. I paid like 50% of the original cost of the upfront medical. Your Biometrics would be re-taken and your file uploaded.

This could also mean that something positive would come along, they’re attending to your application.

Best of luck!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Jejelaye1: 2:10pm On Nov 22, 2017
Send them a mail that you did upfront medical exams and attach the scan copy of your e-medical. You should be fine.

uwaoma2345:
Hello Everyone.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Nobody: 3:38pm On Nov 22, 2017
Glitterystar:

Should I call this a remix of my username? cheesy grin

Welcome to "Canada Student Visa Thread" my namesake. wink

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by maygreaves(m): 3:48pm On Nov 22, 2017
Mr Abiodun

How far this application...ahn ahn
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Glitterystar: 3:56pm On Nov 22, 2017
GlitteringStar:

Welcome to "Canada Student Visa Thread" my namesake wink

Thanks Sis grin. No vex oh
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Austinpee4: 3:59pm On Nov 22, 2017
GlitteringStar:

Welcome to "Canada Student Visa Thread" my namesake wink
grin I was going to ask!

Make una no come confuse person o.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Glitterystar: 4:11pm On Nov 22, 2017
Austinpee4:

grin I was going to ask!

Make una no come confuse person o.

Lols. I think I should change the username, please how do I go about that?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by mostblackroad(m): 4:14pm On Nov 22, 2017
Hey guys,

I have a question that might have been addressed multiple times before, however I will like to ask directly. I have a USA Visitor Visa and I would like to apply for a Canadian student visa while I am there. Is there no way around this at all? From all the information I have gotten from here, it seems like it's an automatic rejection. However I have heard of a case where such application was successful. With processing time being a 5 month average, you can understand why I am re-visiting the option of a month processing time in the USA.

My first application, submitted online was refused with no reasons given. I have only just applied for the GCMS notes. I would appreciate well thought out responses.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by bumaye: 4:17pm On Nov 22, 2017
hello everyone
just went to pick up my passport from the Canadian visa office and I was denied. I applied for a graduate program of 12 months. supply chain management. I submitted my application on 18/9/2017. rejected 20/11/2017

the reasons were:
purpose of visit.
little employment prospects.
current employment situation,I was unemployed.
personal assets and financial status.(for a 23 yr old)

documents submitted:
secondary school certificate
waec certificate.
university certificate
NYSC certificate.
birth certificate.

little work experience while in school and after.

mums share certificate worth more than 1.5 million.

mum and dads statement of account worth up to 7 million after school fees have been paid.

my dads company's account has too many activities in as much as the balance as at when submitted was 3 million.

my dads house property, the house we currently live in.

document of personal property that was acquired in my name as a child worth 40 million.

I am planning on reapplying or appealing again this month.
can someone tell me if I should add any other thing. my family have other residential and landed properties but I didn't feel like they would be needed for a one year program.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by matic12: 4:30pm On Nov 22, 2017
bumaye:
hello everyone
just went to pick up my passport from the Canadian visa office and I was denied. I applied for a graduate program of 12 months. supply chain management. I submitted my application on 18/9/2017. rejected 20/11/2017

the reasons were:
purpose of visit.
little employment prospects.
current employment situation,I was unemployed.
personal assets and financial status.(for a 23 yr old)

documents submitted:
secondary school certificate
waec certificate.
university certificate
NYSC certificate.
birth certificate.

little work experience while in school and after.

mums share certificate worth more than 1.5 million.

mum and dads statement of account worth up to 7 million after school fees have been paid.

my dads company's account has too many activities in as much as the balance as at when submitted was 3 million.

my dads house property, the house we currently live in.

document of personal property that was acquired in my name as a child worth 40 million.

I am planning on reapplying or appealing again this month.
can someone tell me if I should add any other thing. my family have other residential and landed properties but I didn't feel like they would be needed for a one year program.

sorry about the refusal, how come were you able to pick up your passport this fast (today) and you were refused on Monday(20/11/2017)...... I thought it takes 5-7 working days before your passport would be ready for collection....
please, shed more light on this...
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by bumaye: 4:34pm On Nov 22, 2017
matic12:

sorry about the refusal, how come were you able to pick up your passport this fast (today) and you were refused on Monday(20/11/2017)...... I thought it takes 5-7 working days before your passport would be ready for collection....
please, shed more light on this...
I was sent and email twice on Monday evening..
I went on Tuesday..nothing much to say..
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Austinpee4: 4:35pm On Nov 22, 2017
Glitterystar:

Lols. I think I should change the username, please how do I go about that?
You will have to deactivate your current account and create a new one with a new user name.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Abiodunne: 4:39pm On Nov 22, 2017
maygreaves:
Mr Abiodun

How far this application...ahn ahn

My brother am tired mehn. No response from CIC yet. I really do not know what to do at this moment
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by bumaye: 4:39pm On Nov 22, 2017
please house is it advisable to use an agent after being denied student visa?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by MichaelsMadison: 4:43pm On Nov 22, 2017
Please, I need urgent advice on this. I have been asked to send my CV for review by a potential supervisor. my worry is that my area of research in masters is totally different from his own. Though I have submitted my application to the school before reaching to this supervisor, I feel I should also attach a copy of the submitted statement of interest. I believe my statement of interest will give him a good idea on why I want to do my Phd in different research areas. My CV will only convince him I have research experience but my Statement of Interest will convince him I have experience in his research field. I need advice. my question is whether to send my CV only or to attach a copy of the submitted statement of interest.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by petlaz: 4:44pm On Nov 22, 2017
[quote author=Arebo post=62611188]Long post alert!

1st app:
2nd app:
1. Purpose of visit
2. Travel history
4. Employment situation

@Arebo, I understand your feelings.

I know of someone now in University of Alberta with full funding that was denied trv three times and he got his trv in fourth attempt, now his flexing in Canada with his Family.
his family joined him within a year.

Please never give up.

It will surely end in praise.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Nogen: 4:50pm On Nov 22, 2017
@ Areebo, so sorry about your refusal. Wish you could go for a Masters instead of the pgd. Could you apply for your notes and see what the reason they gave this time. Maybe , that would help you in your next application.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by SpeedndAccuracy(m): 5:52pm On Nov 22, 2017
Yet to start my visa application...but I know I've got about 9 months left to use in Naija bfr I enter Canada.

In my mind, I don dey wear winter clothes sef... Godspeed to all applicants and to my fellow Nigerians in Canada, congratulations and I'll join you soon...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by akinola12345: 6:10pm On Nov 22, 2017
Please I'm replying soon I really need your help on how to tackle this one ooo please please and please

1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Nobody: 6:32pm On Nov 22, 2017
Look a like same VO handle our app grin same reasons as mine. Share your profile here, order for your Gcmnotes......I'm interested in how to tackle those reasons as well.

akinola12345:
How can I tackle this
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by CanadianNurse: 6:54pm On Nov 22, 2017
jnyuwa02:

Pending, just changed to background check not applicable. I expect it will change to background check processing again, then we are reviewing your eligility and all that jazz.
Goodluck bro
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by CanadianNurse: 6:55pm On Nov 22, 2017
Abiodunne:

My brother am tired mehn. No response from CIC yet. I really do not know what to do at this moment
File fun oluwa
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by CanadianNurse: 6:56pm On Nov 22, 2017
SpeedndAccuracy:
Yet to start my visa application...but I know I've got about 9 months left to use in Naija bfr I enter Canada.

In my mind, I don dey wear winter clothes sef... Godspeed to all applicants and to my fellow Nigerians in Canada, congratulations and I'll join you soon...
no use winter clothes cover your mind oo make heat no do am grin Goodluckbwith your application what is written is written

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by val4o: 7:12pm On Nov 22, 2017
Nzo1:
Alright. Who is your sponsor?

My aunt is my sponsor
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by saucepan: 8:27pm On Nov 22, 2017
Please this is urgent. How do I pay application fee for admission? Is it through our regular MasterCard ATM card?
Kindly respond as soon as possible.
Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by matic12: 8:36pm On Nov 22, 2017
akinola12345:
How can I tackle this

Sorry for the refusal.... Everything works together for our good... Try and share your profile with document submitted.... I believe the house would be willing to offer help..
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by saucepan: 8:52pm On Nov 22, 2017
[quote author=saucepan post=62623693]Please this is urgent. How do I pay application fee for admission? Is it through our regular MasterCard ATM card?
Kindly respond as soon as possible.
Thank you

[/]

Pls I am waiting for a response, can anyone help?
Thanks once again.

(1) (2) (3) ... (356) (357) (358) (359) (360) (361) (362) ... (501)

Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here / UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.