Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,554 members, 7,819,982 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:53 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 - Travel (361) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 (829811 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (358) (359) (360) (361) (362) (363) (364) ... (501) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by phemmzy96: 12:57pm On Nov 23, 2017
Good afternoon people. Please I need ur help.
I am in need of a notary public to certify my photocopied documents.
Does anybody know one around warri and its environs?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Lagos2canna: 12:58pm On Nov 23, 2017
osento:
You are requesting link for GCMS file, you want to apply for the 3rd time, I guess that is PGD.... Is just 1:10 the refusal of PGD and PGC is so tidious...

Brotherly not everyone can pass through the stress of getting admission letter from another school and what if the person has a low gpa. You just have to encourage them
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by makano: 12:58pm On Nov 23, 2017
Read well please, wasnt requesting for the link. Also if you have gone through previous parts of this forum, You will come across an applicant that got his TRV within 20 days(with PGD). And that is the fastest I have seen so far on this thread. Even Masters Applicant get refusal, just give what the VOs want. be gud
osento:
You are requesting link for GCMS file, you want to apply for the 3rd time, I guess that is PGD.... Is just 1:10 the refusal of PGD and PGC is so tidious...

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Lagos2canna: 1:05pm On Nov 23, 2017
phemmzy96:

Locate any of the court in Warri.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by phemmzy96: 1:38pm On Nov 23, 2017
Please very urgent advice.
Is there a format accepted by the embassy for notorizing documents[sup][/sup]
Is a seal and stamp enough
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Jahluv: 1:59pm On Nov 23, 2017
Hello my brothers and sisters,

Please I kindly need your help to tackle reasons for refusal of my TRV for my second application . The reason of refusal is purpose of visit. I applied for my gcms note and the visa officer's concern is " After careful review of your application and supporting documents , program of studies does not appear to be consistent previous education and/ or employment . Applicant has limited economic and social ties to home country as well as limited travels which could demonstrate a history of having traveled and return . Based on the evidence provided I am not satisfied that app is a genuine student who intend to complete program of studies and would depart at end of authorize stay. Refused".

I have Bachelor of education in Maths and Msc Industrial Maths. My intended program of studies is Msc Scientific Computing. I am currently a mathematics teacher at a Secondary school. I am 33yr and single.

I kindly need your suggestions. I also need some of the gurus in the house to review my SOP.

Regards.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by hoeludayo39: 2:07pm On Nov 23, 2017
@Jahluv, honestly, there is no correlation between Industrial Mathematics and scientific Computing. This can only fly if you are working in a computing firm and you want to gain more knowledge to be able to come back to improve the firm.

Besides, you already have Msc. Why do you want to have another Msc in a different field? Did you explain all these in you SOP?

If you had chosen a course in education, it would have been better with a good SOP considering the fact that you did education in your Bsc and also teaching.

Order for your GCMS notes, tackle the reasons and refire.

Good luck bro.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Lagos2canna: 2:07pm On Nov 23, 2017
Jahluv:
Hello my brothers and sisters,

Please I kindly need your help to tackle reasons for refusal of my TRV for my second application . The reason of refusal is purpose of visit. I applied for my gcms note and the visa officer's concern is " After careful review of your application and supporting documents , program of studies does not appear to be consistent previous education and/ or employment . Applicant has limited economic and social ties to home country as well as limited travels which could demonstrate a history of having traveled and return . Based on the evidence provided I am not satisfied that app is a genuine student who intend to complete program of studies and would depart at end of authorize stay. Refused".

I have Bachelor of education in Maths and Msc Industrial Maths. My intended program of studies is Msc Scientific Computing. I am currently a mathematics teacher at a Secondary school. I am 33yr and single.

I kindly need your suggestions. I also need some of the gurus in the house to review my SOP.

Regards.
What was the reason on your first application and did you apply for gcms note.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Arebo: 2:10pm On Nov 23, 2017
osento:

Lol.....I find this funny though, the 3rd time part, there is no harm in trying, the moniker should just pray for favor.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Arebo: 2:16pm On Nov 23, 2017
Thanks to everyone for your words of encouragement, honestly I don't blame the VOs for refusing Pgd/c, most people abused the opportunity by not going to school, it's so unfortunate that people that actually want to further through these courses are not seen as genuine students, I sometimes read on this thread, the same course I put in for, someone got her TrV for it in 2015 in just a week, I thought I was going to share my testimony here to encourage people about Pgc because the only reason at first was just funds, to cap it all, just pray that a reasonable VO responds to your application, that's all that matters. It is well!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Igbouwanile(m): 2:31pm On Nov 23, 2017
Arebo:
Thanks to everyone for your words of encouragement, honestly I don't blame the VOs for refusing Pgd/c students, I thought I was going to share my testimony here to encourage people about Pgc
It's so sad things turned out this way, I understand the feeling, but if u can device another means & try again, that would be nice. So sorry about the outcome. lipsrsealed
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Igbouwanile(m): 2:40pm On Nov 23, 2017
phemmzy96:
Chief, worry less on the notarization of photocopies but do on docs with error/mistake that requires clarification.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Jahluv: 3:06pm On Nov 23, 2017
Lagos2canna:

What was the reason on your first application and did you apply for gcms note.
The reason was purpose of visit, insufficient funds, personal finance and employment situation.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Lagos2canna: 3:35pm On Nov 23, 2017
Jahluv:

The reason was purpose of visit, insufficient funds, personal finance and employment situation.
Sorry about the delay, scientific computing is not related to your present occupation (do something about it) and you also need to explain to the V.O why you are going for a second Msc instead of phd.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by toludadon(m): 3:38pm On Nov 23, 2017
House, please how do I raise money order to Concordia University?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by sucrecruz: 4:02pm On Nov 23, 2017
Hello all,
I want to apologize to those of you that has been sending me emails for either responding late or not responding at all it’s due to the situation of my schedule. Am open now and I have replied to all mails.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by thesoj: 5:09pm On Nov 23, 2017
hoeludayo39:
@Jahluv, honestly, there is no correlation between Industrial Mathematics and scientific Computing. This can only fly if you are working in a computing firm and you want to gain more knowledge to be able to come back to improve the firm.

Besides, you already have Msc. Why do you want to have another Msc in a different field? Did you explain all these in you SOP?

If you had chosen a course in education, it would have been better with a good SOP considering the fact that you did education in your Bsc and also teaching.

Order for your GCMS notes, tackle the reasons and refire.

Good luck bro.
The bolded is incorrect. There is a very strong link between math and scientific computing. Scientific computing is literally at the intersection using computers to mathematically formulate and efficiently solve numerical problems across scientific disciplines.

Scientific computing = efficiently using computers to solve difficult math problems. Cest fini.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Penielfav: 5:36pm On Nov 23, 2017
Praise God!TRV approved for I and my Son.
He’s going for Undergraduate studies in Manitoba.

Here’s our Timelines and documents submitted

Application Date: 11/09/17 (Online)
Biometrics: 12/09/17
Medical Call: 28/10/17
Medicals Passed: 03/11/17
Approval: 20/11/17 ( 70 days in all)

Documents submitted for Son:
CIC Forms ( Study Permit, Family Information, Family Representative, Custodian Declaration- he’s under 18)
Admission Letter
WAEC
TOEFL
Transcript
Upfront Medicals
Police Character Certificate
Birth Certificate
Passport Bio-data page with no previous visa
SOA of N9m (I’m the Sponsor)
Receipt of part payment of Tution 8,200CAD
LOE
Letter of Consent and ID of Hubby

My Documents:
CIC TRV Application form
Family Information Form
Bio-data Page with copies of US and South Africa Visas
Certificate of Registration of Company/ CAC form
Company SOA of less than N700k with inflow/outflow of N22m
One Property document in my name
LOE

I’ve been a silent follower on this platform right after I submitted our applications, became exposed to your insightful comments and care. You’re all much appreciated and I pray that all TRV hopefuls will receive positive responses in record time in Jesus Name (Amen). For those that have been refused, please keep hope alive and don’t give up��

My people for Manitoba, make una get ready oh to be big uncles and aunties. God bless us all!

13 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by osento(m): 5:54pm On Nov 23, 2017
To me the VO was right...Bachelor of education in Maths and Msc Industrial Maths.this two are so related but this other you goin for.hmmmmmm..and now you thinking of Msc Scientific Computing... To save your self. You would have gone for something related to this mathematics thing, just change your course,because if you go with same ,and explain everything on SOP ,am afraid it will still be turned down....

Regards.[/quote]
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Hiccups: 6:13pm On Nov 23, 2017
thesoj:

The bolded is incorrect. There is a very strong link between math and scientific computing. Scientific computing is literally at the intersection using computers to mathematically formulate and efficiently solve numerical problems across scientific disciplines.

Scientific computing = efficiently using computers to solve difficult math problems. Cest fini.

You've just state my position and fact, @Jahluv be guided
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Hiccups: 6:28pm On Nov 23, 2017
osento:

To me the VO was right...[/b]Bachelor of education in Maths and Msc Industrial Maths.this two are so related but this other you goin for.hmmmmmm..and now you thinking of Msc Scientific Computing... To save your self. [b]You would have gone for something related to this mathematics thing just change your course,because if you go with same ,and explain everything on SOP ,am afraid it will still be turned down....

The bolded is misleading. VO was on the wrong side. On the contrary, scientific computing involves solving computer mathematical models of scientific and engineering problems. There's a significant correlation in this regard.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Lagos2canna: 6:49pm On Nov 23, 2017
Penielfav:

CIC Forms ( Study Permit, Family Information, Family Representative, Custodian Declaration- he’s under 18)
Admission Letter
WAEC
TOEFL
Transcript
Upfront Medicals
Birth Certificate
LOE

My Documents:
CIC TRV Application form
Family Information Form
LOE

I’ve been a silent follower on this platform right after I submitted our applications, became exposed to your insightful comments and care. You’re all much appreciated and I pray that all TRV hopefuls will receive positive responses in record time in Jesus Name (Amen). For those that have been refused, please keep hope alive and don’t give up��

My people for Manitoba, make una get ready oh to be big uncles and aunties. God bless us all!

Congratulations to you.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by abestine(m): 6:54pm On Nov 23, 2017
Penielfav:

Admission Letter
WAEC
TOEFL
Transcript
Upfront Medicals
Birth Certificate
LOE

My Documents:
CIC TRV Application form
Family Information Form
LOE

Congratulations, start parking up, when is he resuming?

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Penielfav: 6:57pm On Nov 23, 2017
abestine:

Congratulations, start parking up, when is he resuming?

Thanks! He’s resuming January 3rd.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by TDultimate(m): 6:58pm On Nov 23, 2017
phemmzy96:
Please very urgent advice.
Is there a format accepted by the embassy for notorizing documents[sup][/sup]
Is a seal and stamp enough
Must all docs b original?
My sponsor lives in France and forwarded photocopies of account statement's to me o..
Must I first get dem motorized.
How do I motorize dem when I don't even have d original.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by bronze25(f): 6:59pm On Nov 23, 2017
Penielfav:

Admission Letter
WAEC
TOEFL
Transcript
Upfront Medicals
Birth Certificate
LOE

My Documents:
CIC TRV Application form
Family Information Form
LOE

Congratulations to the both of you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Mikey2880: 6:59pm On Nov 23, 2017
Goodevening
Please I need you guys to help a friend out here.
She got her medical call on Monday and went for her medicals on Wednesday but got a call back yesterday and they ran some tests today and found out she is HIV positive and she’s literally losing it. Her application has been in process for quite sometime now and she thinks she’s going to be refused on this grounds.
Please does anyone know what happens to a HIV positive patient’s application?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by abestine(m): 7:12pm On Nov 23, 2017
osento:

To me the VO was right...Bachelor of education in Maths and Msc Industrial Maths.this two are so related but this other you goin for.hmmmmmm..and now you thinking of Msc Scientific Computing... To save your self. You would have gone for something related to this mathematics thing, just change your course,because if you go with same ,and explain everything on SOP ,am afraid it will still be turned down....

Regards.

Well I will say the VO is not an encyclopedia, we shouldn't assume that they know things, we should try to explain things to them.
Trying to relate scientific computing to industrial mathematics, try to break down industrial mathematics into fields : pure mathematics and applied mathematics, then pick any of these fields and explain to the VO that most of the real life problems are modelled into mathematical equations which in most case can't be solved analytically (by manual simplification), hence the need for numerical solutions which is often carried out by softwares designated for the purpose ( you can then state some softwares, high level and low level programming languages: FORTRAN, Q-basic, python, R, SAS, MATLAB, C+, C-sharp... e.t.c). With this a VO who doesn't know before will see the relationship... Mathematics and computer science can't be separated... Ire o

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Nogen: 7:28pm On Nov 23, 2017
Penielfav:

Admission Letter
WAEC
TOEFL
Transcript
Upfront Medicals
Birth Certificate
LOE

My Documents:
CIC TRV Application form
Family Information Form
LOE

Congratulations! !!!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by tommee: 8:05pm On Nov 23, 2017
Mikey2880:
Goodevening
She got her medical call on Monday and went for her medicals on Wednesday but got a call back yesterday and they ran some tests today and found out she is HIV positive and she’s literally losing it. Her application has been in process for quite sometime now and she thinks she’s going to be refused on this grounds.

Hmmm this is a new one, well i sympathize with her on the outcome of her result but just to clarify did u say they called her from the hospital where she did her medicals? if so i think the questions should be directed to the hospital, she should ask them what her faith is, they are surely in the best position to advise her but i doubt if they will allow her proceed to canada just my thoughts though.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Josh121(m): 8:16pm On Nov 23, 2017
Please house I am preparing to apply for my Wife , I want to pay her school fees and also deposit $15k as living expenses for her , my Daughter and my self as dependant , she is going for nursing graduate entry , will that be okay for living expenses
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by jnyuwa02: 8:22pm On Nov 23, 2017
Mikey2880:
Goodevening

So sorry to hear of your diagnosis. Yes, the CIC medical test generally includes a HIV test. Under existing protocol for permanent residency and long term non immigrants as students, CIC has the discretionary authority to determine through a medical test result, whether a person's health may constitute excessive demand on Canadian healthcare. So the good news is your HIV status is not a categorical disbarment from been given a visa. The bad news is you have to meet extra demands more than others. In addition to proving you can afford your studies and will come back to Nigeria, you have to also prove you have a credible plan and financial resources to foot the cost of your medical expenses and prescription drugs in Canada and that your health will not posse excessive demand on the Canadian health and social safety network. You will need to present to the VO a credible health plan in Canada on how you intend to take care of yourself financially. I suggest you get into immediate contact with health providers in Canada and buy insurance specific to your situation and submit with your application by emailing to Accra. Again, So sorry for your diagnosis. We thank God that HIV is no longer the epidemic it use to be and most HIV patients live normal lives with good medication.

6 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (358) (359) (360) (361) (362) (363) (364) ... (501)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 / UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.