Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,372 members, 7,853,660 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 09:08 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 - Travel (442) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 (844638 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (439) (440) (441) (442) (443) (444) (445) ... (501) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by yamen21(m): 9:57pm On Jan 30, 2018
@WEIRDPC @justwise @Jnyuwa02 @bbclue.

Please help out

Personal Bank statement
Scholarship letter
School receipt
Admission letter
Personal landed property
SOP/LOE
Police extract
Letter of introduction from employer
Sponsors letter of support and affidavit of support
Sponsors statement of account
Sponsors landed property
Sponsors retirement savings account statement
Sponsors employment letter, upgrade letter

Is it too much for online application??

Please I need urgent suggestions.
Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Thebushboy1: 10:11pm On Jan 30, 2018
Thebushboy1:
Dear family,

Trust we are having a great day!

I am gathering documents to support landed properties to back up my application in the aspect of economic ties.

I have a land I bought a couple of years back which I put out as rent to a block industry. I have the land survey and lease contract.

I manage the following on behalf of my parents as they are of age;
1. A three bedroom flat which is not presently on lease
2. 4 different plots (60 by 120) on the same street which I am trying to get some block industries to rent them.

Would it be advisable I add my parent's properties to mine as part of what my wife will help me manage in my absence to serve as economic tie? My sponsorship has been taken care of by my brother already. Just need to know if its okay to add the documents as my parents are not sponsoring me.

Thank you

Please I await advice. TThanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by mcobex: 10:19pm On Jan 30, 2018
Thebushboy1:

Please I await advice. TThanks
You can decalre yours as yours (since you hqve somthing for yourself) while your parents declare their's as their's
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Jahluv: 1:34am On Jan 31, 2018
jnyuwa02:

It's weird, a lot of people asking me this question today, even my supervisor at USASK called last night to ask. It's still pending ooh, has been slowly and steadily making its way through the process, changed from background check processing, to not applicable and now to processing again and we are determining your eligibility. All stages I expected. I expect to be called for medicals any day now! To God be the glory!

Hello Family, @jnyuwa02, all the very best Bro. Please I pm you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Thebushboy1: 2:49am On Jan 31, 2018
mcobex:
You can decalre yours as yours (since you hqve somthing for yourself) while your parents declare their's as their's

Thank you @mcobex
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by bbclue(f): 6:13am On Jan 31, 2018
yamen21:

Please help out

Personal Bank statement
Scholarship letter
School receipt
Admission letter
Personal landed property
SOP/LOE
Police extract
Sponsors landed property

Thanks

Is not much oooo you have a very good profile just make sure you write a very strong SOP......you are good to go....

What about your siblings birth certificate
Waec....Bsc certificate.....all Cic form.....
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by adesbaba: 6:49am On Jan 31, 2018
,need advice

I have bsc accounting, 2:2 grade,,so intend going for my PGD in a college for a year after which I will immediately proceed for my MBA or MSC in a university.... I really want the MBA or MSC but had to go to college first cos of my grade...

1..is this a wise decision any experienced person abt dis too here?

2.my Pgwp will be for how long in this case

3.Any affordable college/university you can suggest that I can easily do PGD then MSC straight

Success to us!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by ademcoboy(m): 7:07am On Jan 31, 2018
yamen21:

Please help out

Personal Bank statement
Scholarship letter
School receipt
Admission letter
Personal landed property
SOP/LOE
Police extract
Sponsors landed property

Thanks

What Is the value of the Scholarship you got?
Who is providing you with the scholarship.?
If it covers tuition and living expenses.. Please write 'full Scholarship' in who will pay your expenses in canada. Hammer the funding well in Ur sop/letter of explanation.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by yamen21(m): 7:08am On Jan 31, 2018
bbclue:

Is not much oooo you have a very good profile just make sure you write a very strong SOP......you are good to go....

What about your siblings birth certificate
Waec....Bsc certificate.....all Cic form.....

Thanks
I'm adding also
Bsc cert
Nysc
Neck
Transcript
Three short courses cert
An exhibition cert
Publication acceptance letter
Birth cert
Sibling birth certificate

I'm going for an online application. Not paper route.

Please contributions from the house please
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Lemia(m): 7:10am On Jan 31, 2018
Lemia:
Hi guys,

I need advice on something. I'm currently serving and I'll be applying for visa soon.

I'm a partner and part of a team and we are working on our tech startup company. We are still in the pilot and testing phase but our website is setup and functional. As we are yet to get our CAC and the likes, how best would you guys suggest I can leverage this startup as a hometie?

Thanks a lot for your much anticipated assistance

HI GUYS!

I'LL REALLY LOVE YOUR OPINION ON THIS.

THANKS
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by jnyuwa02: 8:02am On Jan 31, 2018
ademcoboy:

If it covers tuition and living expenses.. Please write 'full Scholarship' in who will pay your expenses in canada. Hammer the funding well in Ur sop/letter of explanation.

Seconded!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by bbclue(f): 8:40am On Jan 31, 2018
Yep okay...am sure u r getting your trv.....there is a form imm can't remember were u fill who will pay for your tuition and living expenses. .there fill SCHOLARSHIP and secondly write who is sponsoring u whether brother ..sister ...uncle...Anuty....or inlaw.....then go to your SOP....

.Application for study permit....by starting with your ..

Family Background...Short and long term career plan....

why Canada and the university of your choice....

TRAININGS, AWARDS, MEMBERSHIP AFFILIATIONS IN NIGERIA AND CORPORATE SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY (CSR)...

FINANCIAL BREAKDOWN ON Your Master TUITION/FINANCE AVAILABLE FOR STUDY

yamen21:

Thanks
I'm adding also
Bsc cert
Nysc
Neck
Transcript
Three short courses cert
An exhibition cert
Publication acceptance letter
Birth cert
Sibling birth certificate

I'm going for an online application. Not paper route.

Please contributions from the house please

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by bbclue(f): 8:47am On Jan 31, 2018
Miskeen how far na
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by yamen21(m): 11:47am On Jan 31, 2018
the scholarship is provided by NDDC. already paid - tuition to school, balance to a canadian bank in my name. the total sum of 40,000cad.
jnyuwa02:

Seconded!
[
ademcoboy:

quote author=jnyuwa02 post=64657770]

Seconded![/quote]
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by gbemiigbal: 12:23pm On Jan 31, 2018
Frankrobbn1:

Boss! I'm sorry to see your visa got refused.
I'll address your case. Pardon me because this post will be long and detailed.

Firstly, looking at your GCMS note it's pretty straight forward, as i can see you don't have problem with finances here. The Visa officer is not convinced you're applying in good faith i.e they are not satisfied you're a genuine student.

Your NOTE is clearly pointing at the following -
1-) PURPOSE OF VISIT
2-) CURRENT EMPLOYMENT SITUATION & LIMITED EMPLOYMENT PROSPECTS IN COUNTRY OF RESIDENCE.
3-) HOME TIE
4-) PERSONAL ASSET AND FINANCIAL ESTABLISHMENT.

PURPOSE OF VISIT

You have failed to convinced the visa officer the benefits of studying in Canada rather than home country, having the high cost of international students. They aren't satisfied you will leave Canada at the end of authorized stay.

- Your SOP should address this please.

LIMITED EMPLOYMENT PROSPECTS IN COUNTRY OF RESIDENCE/CURRENT EMPLOYMENT SITUATION
Your employment/job offer did not constitute a significant to Nigeria, meaning the job offer/the employment prospects of your job can't compel your return back to your home country after completion of studies in Canada.
I made it clear on my last post that -

"Every embassy will like to satisfy themselves that the applicant has a gainful employment in their country of residence and that the prospects of getting a job when they loose their current one is high. That satisfies them that you won’t leave your job when you travel to their country. Canada’s High Commission is no exception."

You failed to prove this to the Visa Officer.

HOMETIE
The Visa officer is not also satisfied your family members and your professional ties can compel you to return home.

Did you add your family birth certificates?
Did you give a tangible reason that you're coming back to continue your job with notable prove?
Did your employer state that you will be welcomed to return after studies to take the company to a greater height with your international certifcate and there will be a promotion in office for you to that effect on his introductory /Recommedation letters?

PLEASE NOTE
- While doing this you should also put some factors into consideration like the duration of the course you're going to study, how long will it take you to complete it.?
If you will be staying longer, presenting a job offer will weaken your application, because the Visa officer knows very well that no company will keep a seat/space for you for so long. "I believe that's what went wrong here"

PERSONAL ASSET AND FINANCIAL ESTABLISHMENT
- Since you have being working for so long now did you include your salary bank statement?, Because the Visa officer is very much interested in your finances, to know what you have achieved for the past 10years as a banker.

- Do you have any landed property in your name?

Lastly, you need to prove all this listed to the visa officer. Better still, i'll advice you go through the EXPRESS ENTRY as you have high chances of securing a PR with your 10years working experience, then you won't pay high for international tuition fees. You will migrate as permanent residence of Canada(PR) possibly you can invite your family and friends to join you. So I best advise you explore the express entry thread and enjoy the goodies there.

I hope you find the above information helpful regarding your visa refusal.

Warm Regards,
Frank!

Frank thanks for this, but i intend to you my terminal benefit as part of my POF? Though will still collect letter of introduction from my company. Is it acceptable as my study is for 2 years. How do i explain this in my SOP (terminal benefit as POF)?

Regards

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by ukehnonny: 12:24pm On Jan 31, 2018
Please I was applying to University of Manitoba for a Masters program. there is a column to upload a file for supervisors support. Please can someone help me on what to do. I'm a bit confused. Thanks.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Mandoy(m): 12:28pm On Jan 31, 2018
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by bbclue(f): 12:31pm On Jan 31, 2018
gbemiigbal:

Frank thanks for this, but i intend to you my terminal benefit as part of my POF? Though will still collect letter of introduction from my company. Is it acceptable as my study is for 2 years. How do i explain this in my SOP (terminal benefit as POF)?

Regards

FRANKROBBN ANYTIME I SEE YOUR POST on how to tackle refusal reasons I like going back to read it everyday....chai you finished work for the reasons God bless u for us here

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by kylexy61(m): 1:05pm On Jan 31, 2018
ukehnonny:
Please I was applying to University of Manitoba for a Masters program. there is a column to upload a file for supervisors support. Please can someone help me on what to do. I'm a bit confused. Thanks.

It is a must that all applicants to University of Manitoba (at least for someone programs) obtain a written confirmation of supervisor support before they apply. That document is what they are requesting.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by yamen21(m): 1:08pm On Jan 31, 2018
Plwase I sent you a PM please reply

bbclue:

FRANKROBBN ANYTIME I SEE YOUR POST on how to tackle refusal reasons I like going back to read it everyday....chai you finished work for the reasons God bless u for us here

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by yamen21(m): 1:08pm On Jan 31, 2018
Please I sent you a PM please reply

bbclue:

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Bostem: 1:23pm On Jan 31, 2018
Please I need help on this cry
Bostem:
Pls can one use two SOA worth 6.5(4.2 & 2.) from the same sponsor and the same bank, she has other business account as well

For submission, i'm submitting the 2 SOA(personal) backed up with a reference letter from the bank, two landed property document of the sponsor, Certificate of incorporation of the sponsor, affidavit for sponsorship, letter of sponsorship and landed property document of my Dad as consent and full support.

How strong is this document? Considering my tuition for a year to be roughly 5000CAD + 10,000CAD living expenses

Do I need a tax clearance from my sponsor?

Do I need to submit Police report with the application?

Can an applicant use 2 third party as sponsor? What are the risk involve?

Pls help out
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by bbclue(f): 1:54pm On Jan 31, 2018
Rawe45 and yamel have send your reply
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by ukehnonny: 2:01pm On Jan 31, 2018
kylexy61:

It is a must that all applicants to University of Manitoba (at least for someone programs) obtain a written confirmation of supervisor support before they apply. That document is what they are requesting.
Please how do i get this document?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Mysine: 4:01pm On Jan 31, 2018
Hello everyone,

So I’ve been waiting for 28 weeks and I just got a mail asking for a medical exam. Although I submitted it when I first applied
Will I have to pay for another exam or I should just go to the hospital again...
Should I be hopeful too because I was beginning to lose hope

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Cherryola: 4:01pm On Jan 31, 2018
@Frankrobbn1 pls am having issues with my application have been refuse twice my third time will be may and I don't want to get refuse how can I tackle my 10years history cos I haven't work b4
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by bbclue(f): 4:24pm On Jan 31, 2018
Mysine:
Hello everyone,

So I’ve been waiting for 28 weeks and I just got a mail asking for a medical exam. Although I submitted it when I first applied
Will I have to pay for another exam or I should just go to the hospital again...

Wao congratulations. .......I think u should called the hospital....to remind them they will forward it cic

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Mysine: 5:05pm On Jan 31, 2018
bbclue:

Wao congratulations. .......I think u should called the hospital....to remind them they will forward it cic
[quote author=bbclue post=64670240

Thank you but they sent me a form and a copy of my passport that I should take along with me
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by eja4uu: 5:36pm On Jan 31, 2018
pls house I av bn postng 2 this forum since last wk without any answer y? I see this forum b4 as a place 2 help others who is in any problem or in need of advice, I evn drop my mail 4 any help & nothng comes out, this forum is nt lik this b4 evn b4 I was refused last yr I knw hw Canadian nurse always giv advice. so what is going on here? I ask if any body has got admisn letter frm Unuversity of manitoba for fall 2018, no respond infact am confused nw cos if I wnt gather document 4 application who wil respond?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Moley22(m): 5:45pm On Jan 31, 2018
eja4uu:
pls house I av bn postng 2 this forum since last wk without any answer y? I see this forum b4 as a place 2 help others who is in any problem or in need of advice, I evn drop my mail 4 any help & nothng comes out, this forum is nt lik this b4 evn b4 I was refused last yr I knw hw Canadian nurse always giv advice. so what is going on here? I ask if any body has got admisn letter frm Unuversity of manitoba for fall 2018, no respond infact am confused nw cos if I wnt gather document 4 application who wil respond?

Apologies on behalf of all busy nairalanders here....This is a team and the journey still continues!!!
But then nobody is obligated to answer questions but only do so on free will....
Repost your questions and I’m sure you’ll definitely get a good response this time around.
Goodluck
Regards.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by mcobex: 7:25pm On Jan 31, 2018
Mysine:
Hello everyone,

Congratulations, all you need do now is upload the medical receipt on your cic account or better still email it to fix immediately and let them know you have done the test already
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Daacorpaapi: 8:35pm On Jan 31, 2018
Good day everyone! It's nice to see the love going on in this platform oluwa bless una l.
I got to know about this platform after I have submitted my app for study permit.
But I checked my online profile and It says "you do not meet the eligibility requirements " which I don't understand since I have been reading previous pages but never came across this purpose. After 8weeks, submitted all required docs and I did upfront medical...i have a brother whose a PR already I sense it's a refusal already. But God pass dem
Pls gurus can somebody put more light on this purpose of refusal... Thnk you

(1) (2) (3) ... (439) (440) (441) (442) (443) (444) (445) ... (501)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 / UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.