Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,410 members, 7,853,808 topics. Date: Saturday, 08 June 2024 at 03:02 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 - Travel (444) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 (844712 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (441) (442) (443) (444) (445) (446) (447) ... (501) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Moley22(m): 4:24pm On Feb 01, 2018
sirlaw2:
Please my people. I want to apply for BSc program in Canada and I have no idea how to go about it. Av been reading up trying to get information but to be honest I don't really understand most of the abbreviations used here.

Please anybody that can help, I will so much appreciate it. Thank you
Search for schools on GOOGLE,their requirements and every possible information you’ll be needing on their site. Apply with your debit/credit card...Deadline is sitting closer oga!! Search, act fast!!
Goodluck!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by mcobex: 4:26pm On Feb 01, 2018
Laurel10:

Good day everyone, I'm currently trying to apply for an admission to do my master's in Canada through an agency. Currently, I heard Nigerians have been banned from entering Canada because of the illegal immigrants that crossed into Canada from U.S recently.

My question is, do you guys thinks I'd be able to secure a students visa if the admission pulls through. I don't want to waste my time and money only to end up disappointed. Even the agency told me that Canada isn't a good option for now.

Please I need your suggestions and advice ASAP, I have to start with fall semester, all things being equal.

Thanks
First I think you shouldn't use any agency to process this as you can get all the required info here at "NO COST" . Your profile will tell if you stand a chance or not. Kindly give the house your profile then we will know where and how to start
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by mcobex: 4:30pm On Feb 01, 2018
Slik07:

What're you writing in your SOP that you've 6 pages?
In SOP writing, make sure that every sentence counts. That is, every sentence must contain vital information that supports your application whicb will make the VO to read it to the end, otherwise, erase.

IMO, SOP should be 3 pages max.
Cc: Yamen21 There's no specific number of pages for an sop, just make sure the vo enjoys reading it and it will scale through. Yes, it is better to have fewer pages so as not to bore the vo but trust me you can read 10 pages of an sop and be asking for more of it. NB: SOP is not compulsory, you only use it when you have things to explain to the vo. Just make sure you capture the attention of the vo from the beginning til the end

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Cherryola: 5:16pm On Feb 01, 2018
Cc @frankrobbn1,@jnyuwa02, @moley22,@mcobex and the rest of the house no one have respond to my request pls am in need of una help how can I tackle this

*purpose of ur visit
*based on d limited employment prospects in ur country of residence
*based on ur current employment situation
*based on ur personal assets and financial status

Pls the hole house should help me out have been refuse twice and I don't want to get refuse for the 3rd time
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Mysine: 5:22pm On Feb 01, 2018
mcobex:
I know the clinic must have sent the result to cic, try and go back to the clinic to see if you can get a new receipt(though tgey might charge you for it) hope you still remember the date you did the medical?
If you ask the clinic they will tell you the result has bee. sent but beg them to help you with the receipt so you can upload and send to cic just to hasten the process

Thank you so much. I went there today. But the doctor said I have to do another one. I inisited it should be valid for a year, the doctor said yes but it wouldn’t be advisable to use it because of the X-ray.

Thank you for your help again.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Austinpee4: 5:36pm On Feb 01, 2018
@Frankrobbn1,

great job helping with suggestions,advise and solutions. Weldone!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by MichyEhi: 6:20pm On Feb 01, 2018
Hello,

Please note that it is not my company. I just have my money invested with them. Will that suffice.

Please it is open to the whole house.

Frankrobbn1:

Hello MichyEhi,
Please be guided that Canadian embassy don't regard Company bank statement as proof of funds towards an applicant. The Visa officer knows that no company will spend her funds meant for the maintenance and upkeep/expense of the company to sponsor an applicant abroad. What have you done for the company to deserve such benefit?
How long have you worked for the company that they decide to sponsor you?
You can only include company bank statement to support your application, not as the principal proof of funds. So re-strategies and make sure more funds are readily available in your name or in your sponsor personal savings.

All the best!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by MichyEhi: 6:22pm On Feb 01, 2018
Hello,

It is for 2 years.

Fee is 11,000 CAD

I want to self sponsor.

Thank you.

mcobex:
You didn't tell the house how much your tuition is and the duration of your program . Also if you intend sponsoring yourself or you have a sponsor? Answer those questions to give the house a clearer picture of the situation
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by amakaffy: 6:23pm On Feb 01, 2018
Nice job here guys ... God bless all of una. Pls how long does online application take ?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by jnyuwa02: 7:19pm On Feb 01, 2018
yamen21:
the scholarship is provided by NDDC. already paid - tuition to school, balance to a canadian bank in my name. the total sum of 40,000cad.

[quote author=jnyuwa02 post=64657770]

Seconded!

You are good financially if you paid 40k. Now you need to stretch the envelope further by working to prove ties to Nigeria or anywhere else outside of Canada that will induce you to leave after your studies. Social and professional ties along family, landed properties and future promising career or prospects outside of Canada all would work.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by jnyuwa02: 7:21pm On Feb 01, 2018
amakaffy:
Nice job here guys ... God bless all of una. Pls how long does online application take ?

Can take anywhere from 2 days to one year and half, depending on your situation and luck.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by jnyuwa02: 7:31pm On Feb 01, 2018
mcobex:
Cc: Yamen21 There's no specific number of pages for an sop, just make sure the vo enjoys reading it and it will scale through. Yes, it is better to have fewer pages so as not to bore the vo but trust me you can read 10 pages of an sop and be asking for more of it. NB: SOP is not compulsory, you only use it when you have things to explain to the vo. Just make sure you capture the attention of the vo from the beginning til the end

Seconded. If there were stipulations to how many pages an SOP should be, CIC would have stated it. They left it wide open for a reason. Each situation is different. I believe the SOP to be a very important, if not the most important part of the TRV application. You can put your ingenuity and creativity, independent and critical thinking skills to work in an SOP in ways that would make the VO favorably exercise discretion on your behalf. I generally advice three pages, but if you have a complex case, take as much pages as necessary to explain. Draw the VO in by the power of your narrative in such a way that opening a new page would be a pleasure, not a burden. I have seen someone with 16 pages SOP that worked.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by jnyuwa02: 7:48pm On Feb 01, 2018
Cherryola:
@jnyuwa02 pls help me out also have been refuse twice and I don't want to get refuse for the 3rd time again

Please put your profile on here and and I am happy to chip in with an explanation of how to help. Let the house join hands and help you is better for everyone. I only help in exceptional situations as I no longer have a lot of free time like before.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Cherryola: 8:09pm On Feb 01, 2018
@jnyuwa02 have already posted it pls help me out
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by jnyuwa02: 8:12pm On Feb 01, 2018
Cherryola:
@jnyuwa02 have already posted it pls help me out

You posted only reasons for refusal. What is the statement of your case? What documents did you present to the VO?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Cherryola: 8:23pm On Feb 01, 2018
@jnyuwa02
This are the document pls help me out

Cic form
Questionnaire
Family information
Sch application
O level
Sponsor acct 4.5m
Co sponsor business acct 10.5m
Co sponsor personal acct 1.1m
Both my sponsor land document
Sop

Pls what can I do to that the reason of refusal
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by yamen21(m): 9:54pm On Feb 01, 2018
thanks alot for this. I have written the SOP. Can i send it to you so you help me criticize it? please?

jnyuwa02:

Seconded. If there were stipulations to how many pages an SOP should be, CIC would have stated it. They left it wide open for a reason. Each situation is different. I believe the SOP to be a very important, if not the most important part of the TRV application. You can put your ingenuity and creativity, independent and critical thinking skills to work in an SOP in ways that would make the VO favorably exercise discretion on your behalf. I generally advice three pages, but if you have a complex case, take as much pages as necessary to explain. Draw the VO in by the power of your narrative in such a way that opening a new page would be a pleasure, not a burden. I have seen someone with 16 pages SOP that worked.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by jnyuwa02: 9:56pm On Feb 01, 2018
Cherryola:
@jnyuwa02
This are the document pls help me out

Cic form
Questionnaire
Family information
Sch application
O level
Sponsor acct 4.5m
Co sponsor business acct 10.5m
Co sponsor personal acct 1.1m
Both my sponsor land document
Sop

Pls what can I do to that the reason of refusal

Who are all these people? Have they sponsored you before? If not, why are all these people who have never sponsored you, all of a sudden want to cough up all these money to sponsor you? Your sponsor's reference letter must explicate. Are you PGD? What did you say in your SOP?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by jnyuwa02: 9:57pm On Feb 01, 2018
yamen21:
thanks alot for this. I have written the SOP. Can i send it to you so you help me criticize it? please?

Yes.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by yamen21(m): 10:00pm On Feb 01, 2018
I just sent you a pm

jnyuwa02:

Yes.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by yamen21(m): 10:20pm On Feb 01, 2018
please reply my pm

jnyuwa02:

Yes.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by yamen21(m): 11:35pm On Feb 01, 2018
please can someone please explain the process of online application
\
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Frankrobbn1: 1:25am On Feb 02, 2018
Zlatimi:
Got refused today cc Frankrobbn1

Hello Zlatimi,
On behalf of the forum we say we are deeply sorry about your visa refusal yesterday. From the look of things you were only refused based on Finances - INSUFFICIENT FUNDS.

I'm thinking the Visa officer noticed recent Lump Sum deposit into your sponsors from unknown source, which was what lead to your refusal.
I must say that finances refusal is the easiest refusal reasons when compared to other grounds.

I'll advise you order for your GCMS Note/ CAIPS File, so as to know how best to tackle the concerns of the visa officer.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by mcobex: 1:28am On Feb 02, 2018
MichyEhi:
Hello,

It is for 2 years.

Fee is 11,000 CAD

I want to self sponsor.

Thank you.

Self sponsorship will require you to cough out the entire funds for your program(for the two years), so that will amount to around $42,000 ($11000/year * 2 for tuition and $10000/year for living expenses). So do the conversion to naira . I always advise people to get a sponsor as with a sponsor you will be allowed to provide full funds for the first year and proof that you can sustain the payment in the second year (the sponsor showing his source of income and how he intends paying for the second year). But if you think you can afford it yourself(that's around #13Million naira) then you are good to go.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Frankrobbn1: 1:31am On Feb 02, 2018
Cherryola:
Cc @frankrobbn1 you haven't respond to my request

Hello Cherryola,
I'm sorry madam, please order your GCMS/CAIPS file so as to know the factual reasons behind your previous refusals. I telling you how to tackle your refusal grounds based on your refusal letter without seeing your previous GCMS file is misleading/Guess work.

Order for your file!

Before then, you can as well check the link below, i believe it has answers to your questions

https://www.nairaland.com/3948393/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/391#63425662
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Frankrobbn1: 1:39am On Feb 02, 2018
Cherryola:
Cc @frankrobbn1,@jnyuwa02, @moley22,@mcobex and the rest of the house no one have respond to my request pls am in need of una help how can I tackle this

*purpose of ur visit
*based on d limited employment prospects in ur country of residence
*based on ur current employment situation
*based on ur personal assets and financial status

Pls the hole house should help me out have been refuse twice and I don't want to get refuse for the 3rd time

Hello:
Your questions have been answered already on this thread. Check the below link to find answers to your questions.

https://www.nairaland.com/3948393/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/391#63425662
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Frankrobbn1: 1:44am On Feb 02, 2018
Austinpee4:
@Frankrobbn1,

great job helping with suggestions,advise and solutions. Weldone!

Thank you boss Austinpee4,
You guys left us, so we have continue from where you all stopped. How have you been and how is life treating you over there in Canada?
God bless!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Cherryola: 6:29am On Feb 02, 2018
@jnyuwa02 my dad is my sponsor while my uncle is my co sponsorship am going for diploma in public administration and management at cape Breton university sydney canada pls can you help me with you email let me forward all my document to you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by SeedofDavid: 8:24am On Feb 02, 2018
mcobex:
Bro, your question has been answered by @Austinpee4. Check previous pages and you will see his advise.
To add a little, I don't think schools in Canada accept PGD for MSc. Also you will need do the search for schools offering your intended course on Google by yourself. check out memorial university of newfoundland, uni Saskatchewan and others .
I think your best bet is to go for PGD cos of your 3rd class, though most schools consider your last two semesters grades, if your grades are superb then apply for MSc but if not then go for PGD. Best of luck
Thank you sir for your kind response. @austinpee4 was actually responding to another moniker but the points he made were able to answer some of my questions and guide me.

Thanks once again.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Vichee1(f): 8:33am On Feb 02, 2018
[quote author=WEIRDPC post=64687564]

Plz I just graduated from the University where I studied industrial relations and personnel management and I will like to further and pursue a Master's program in human resource management, I have not gone for NYSC as I want to use that as home tie telling them that's a compulsory exercise for every graduate of Nigerian universities. Plz is that a good idea
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Vichee1(f): 8:49am On Feb 02, 2018
plz I don't have NYSC discharge certificate and also CIPM transcripts, can I still be granted visa

(1) (2) (3) ... (441) (442) (443) (444) (445) (446) (447) ... (501)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 / UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.