Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,506 members, 7,816,203 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:33 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 - Travel (95) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 (827872 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (92) (93) (94) (95) (96) (97) (98) ... (501) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by earthgreeners(m): 4:15pm On Aug 15, 2017
debris:
Someone help ooooo

After linking my application online and decide not to check on it again will the notification come on my mail if my visa is approved and dispatched?

You will get an email update on your application every time there are changes in the application status. However, I advise you do a routine check on you online account (say every 2 weeks)
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by amii131(f): 4:27pm On Aug 15, 2017
#COPIED AS WE ALL KNOW EVERYTHING GOOD ALSO HAVE SOMETHING NOT COOL ENOUGH (INDIVIDUAL DIFFERENCES Though) grin grin grin :

Mainly people going to the NORTHERN PROVINCE Initially you will have a non-existent credit score, which can be good or bad depending on your situation. Assuming you've not moved here from somewhere like Scandinavia or Siberia, you will likely need to make some serious investments into good winter wear. Jacket and boots especially (you can cheap out on other stuff like hats and socks, but if you want to keep all your toes, footwear is a must).

Taxes aren't included in prices except for a few things such as gas/petrol. One of my pet peeves was having to guesstimate taxes every time I purchased something in a store here, but this gets better over time. Still, I miss when I could walk into a shop with £5 and walk out with exactly five quid worth of stuff, but at the end of the day the gov't still gets paid.

If you don't have an existing social network and aren't involved in winter sports or activities, your first winters here have the potential to be quite lonely and boring. I remember feeling quite regretful and depressed the first winter (I moved to northern Ontario, so the winters come with all the bells and whistles, such as seemingly perpetual darkness, 3ft of snow and week long spells of -35°C in January: bring thermal undies). Either way, assuming you left friends and family behind… you will probably miss them.

Another huge issue in Canada are our abominable cellphone plans (although it is slowly improving, at least we have 2 year contracts now folks). Heck, even ‘caller ID’ is considered a feature when it's automatically included in most places. Having spoken to Canadians, visitors and expats, the concensus seems to be: if you're from literally any other country, prepare to have your wallet horribly violated each month if you want a decent, first-world plan that doesn't cut out when you leave civilization, includes a bare minimum of minutes and maybe a dab of 4G/LTE. Cellphone (mobile phone) contracts here seem to be stuck a decade behind, and the lack of competition has made for a shitty deal for consumers, but like I said things are changing and likely to improve.

Oh yeah, get used to paying for stuff here. Even bank accounts charge you just to keep money in their accounts! 20 free transactions a month is considered a good deal for a standard account, after which any swipe of your debit card (including deposits!?) will incur fees costing a dollar or more. It's f***ing ridiculous, I gotta say (although unlike cellphones there are some proper alternatives, I strongly recommend PC Financial if you want a no-fee daily account).

Above all, provided you can operate a snowshovel and have a somewhat positive attitude, the upsides dwarf the downsides by a huge margin. You’d have to pay me handsomely to move elsewhere, but even then my citizenship wouldn't be for sale as being Canadian is something I’d never voluntarily relinquish.

Perhaps the main downside once you've settled will be the sense of homesickness when you’re back again in the place you once left, and you realize that Canada is now the place you're lucky to call home.

6 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Seyitorl: 4:28pm On Aug 15, 2017
Gooday house.

please i would like your help. My older sister who is my half sister (same mum)is my sponsor.she resides in the states.as we do not share the same surname how do i go about proving it. And what documents can i attach as proof?thanks for ur anticipated response.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Osemigho: 4:32pm On Aug 15, 2017
earthgreeners:
Is there anyone here having difficulties paying the admission application fee?
Adjust everyone. All the way from part 4, another elder in the house.

Hi! How have you been? Gist us pls! cool

CanadianNurse, when I told you that no one is running away, I guess you didn't believe. Here is an evidence.

@Earthgreeners, Welcome! To assist with an application fee, you may need to check back around November/December. People are just waiting for the result of their Fall 2017 visa application.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Nobody: 4:36pm On Aug 15, 2017
earthgreeners:

I assume you will be more qualified to apply for a certificate program or diploma at any of the colleges. 2.65/5.0 might not be enough to get a Masters Degree admission, it's highly competitive.
Thanks so much!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by debris: 4:37pm On Aug 15, 2017
earthgreeners:

You will get an email update on your application every time there are changes in the application status. However, I advise you do a routine check on you online account (say every 2 weeks)

The last time i.e 3days ago I checked It showed processing that they are on final decision since few weeks now,I don't want to be checking its making me think alot am asking if I discard that online account, if my visa is processed and dispatched will I get a mail as I didn't pay for any notification even the one they updated I didn't get notification it was cic account I discovered it.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by McOsheBaba(m): 4:40pm On Aug 15, 2017
Osemigho:

Say what you want each time you doubt in your mind.

I don't doubt bro! At all! I am hyper confident that it will surely come in God's grace!!!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by CanadianNurse: 4:40pm On Aug 15, 2017
Osemigho:

Adjust everyone. All the way from part 4, another elder in the house.

Hi! How have you been? Gist us pls! cool

CanadianNurse, when I told you that no one is running away, I guess you didn't believe. Here is an evidence.

@Earthgreeners, Welcome! To assist with an application fee, you may need to check back around November/December. People are just waiting for the result of their Fall 2017 visa application.

oga earthgreeners sighted! and Tuale

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by McOsheBaba(m): 4:57pm On Aug 15, 2017
Does anyone know where I can get a cheap good winter jackets and boots in Abuja please?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Seyitorl: 4:57pm On Aug 15, 2017
Gooday house.

please i would like your help. My older sister who is my half sister (same mum)is my sponsor.she resides in the states.as we do not share the same surname how do i go about proving it. And what documents can i attach as proof?thanks for ur anticipated response.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Nobody: 4:59pm On Aug 15, 2017
Gooday house.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by maziude: 5:01pm On Aug 15, 2017
14 weeks now

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by mcobex: 5:48pm On Aug 15, 2017
debris:

After linking my application online and decide not to check on it again will the notification come on my mail if my visa is approved and dispatched?
you are suppose to get notification but for sometime now cic have been messing up with that so I will advise you keep checking your cic account for updates instead ((even if it's twice a week)
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Frankrobbn1: 5:50pm On Aug 15, 2017
Austinpee 4, Thesoj, Maziude, Canadian Nurse.

My GCMS Note is out. please help me put things together for me. I'll like to PM you all, so as to help me in tackling the little problem listed in my GCMS note.
I appreciate as you reciprocate.

Austinpee4, Thesoj , Canadian nurse, and Maizude..... I need you assistance.

MCOBEX has been of great importance to me.

Regards,
Frank

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by mcobex: 5:51pm On Aug 15, 2017
SPOILT9JAOLOSHO:
CIC Their Is God Oh, App Delayed.
Let me take a break calm down and prepare well to refire again for the last time,
God Pass una, Coming back for you guys.
Thank you all my pals here.
Thumbs_up for you all. shocked shocked cool
Sorry bro, please order for your file. May God see us through
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by CanadianNurse: 5:54pm On Aug 15, 2017
McOsheBaba:
Does anyone know where I can get a cheap good winter jackets and boots in Abuja please?
If you can find someone in lagos or get to lagos yourself them come down to Yaba.... You will see winter jacket NA you go run... Okirika straight from Moscow

11 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by CanadianNurse: 5:55pm On Aug 15, 2017
Frankrobbn1:
Austinpee 4, Thesoj, Maziude, Canadian Nurse.

My GCMS Note is out. please help me put things together for me. I'll like to PM you all, so as to help me in tackling the little problem listed in my GCMS note.
I appreciate as you reciprocate.

Austinpee4, Thesoj , Canadian nurse, and Maizude..... I need you assistance.

MCOBEX has been of great importance to me.

Regards,
Frank
What does your CAIP notes say?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by bbclue(f): 6:00pm On Aug 15, 2017
CanadianNurse:

Can you post your gcms note
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Sugaro: 6:10pm On Aug 15, 2017
Seyitorl:
Gooday house.

ur birth certificates should bear ur mother's name, and ur mother's marriage certificates plus a little explanation in ur SOP should help as well.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Nobody: 6:20pm On Aug 15, 2017
if you are in Lagos ....take a quick trip there. else send them a mail or use tracking number

AdexStudio:
thanks. the message doesn't sound official, that was my concern. VFS customer care line is not going through
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Mandoy(m): 6:20pm On Aug 15, 2017
yomcy2016:
Please for the online applicant, does anyone have any idea as to how one can find out where his or her application is been processed? whether it is outside Canada or not? My question is premise on situation whereby one need to send a Case Specific Inquiry.
Accra, Ghana

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by bluegirl080115: 6:23pm On Aug 15, 2017
debris:

No mail will come to your email box since it's paper application, you will be notified in your online account (gckey)

CIC don't send mails for dispatched passports only vfs does
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by glam4444: 6:27pm On Aug 15, 2017
Evening NL family... I tracked my passport ,it wrote thus *your passport something something has been couriered** ..
Biko nu my NL family wen should I be expecting it .especially those dat ve used deir courier service or Know something about it
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by glam4444: 6:43pm On Aug 15, 2017
Got this message ,shared it ryt away
smiley. For those that will still apply for courier service

**VFS uses UPS to courier passport. and a tracking number is not required just be expecting call from UPS in your state provided**
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Frankrobbn1: 6:50pm On Aug 15, 2017
CanadianNurse:

After careful review of the application and supporting documents provided. Applicant appears to have limited travels which could demonstrate a history of having travelled and returned.
Is being sponsored by third party, Limited evidence of relationship on file and evidence of personal financial establishment is weak.
I am not satisfied that applicant will havd sufficient available funds for tuition and upkeep during first year of studies in Canada. Based on the evidence provided I am not satisfied application is a genuine student who intends to complete course of study in Canada and should depart at the end of the authorized stay. REFUSED.!!!

This was the only note on my application.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by 5454Darese: 6:55pm On Aug 15, 2017
yomcy2016:
Please for the online applicant, does anyone have any idea as to how one can find out where his or her application is been processed? whether it is outside Canada or not? My question is premise on situation whereby one need to send a Case Specific Inquiry.
usually Ghana

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by CanadianNurse: 6:56pm On Aug 15, 2017
Frankrobbn1:
[b][/b]

After careful review of the application and supporting documents provided. Applicant appears to have limited travels which could demonstrate a history of having travelled and returned.
Is being sponsored by third party, Limited evidence of relationship on file and evidence of personal financial establishment is weak.
I am not satisfied that applicant will havd sufficient available funds for tuition and upkeep during first year of studies in Canada. Based on the evidence provided I am not satisfied application is a genuine student who intends to complete course of study in Canada and should depart at the end of the authorized stay. REFUSED.!!!

is this message from your CAIPS? (GCMS)
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by charts: 6:58pm On Aug 15, 2017
My people. I checked my application on cic website 2 weeks ago and it said updated but when i opened my application i did not see any change in my profile. The same thing happened again today and i did not see any change. Please , do anybody understand this one or has anyone experienced this before. Please my people answer me o.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Frankrobbn1: 7:00pm On Aug 15, 2017
CanadianNurse:
is this message from your CAIPS? (GCMS)

Yes. That was the only note on my GCMS note. Sorry it appeared repeatedly. It was a mistake.

The rest of the write up was only indicating my datw of submission, date of birth, biometrics, visa payment fees, school, province, etc... which was aligned on a straight line.

I thought the Visa officer will point out the ESl program which was a pre-requisite to my undergraduate degree program. But they didn't.

I submitted my ESL acceptance letter attached with my conditional acceptance letter into undergraduate degree program as instructed by MUN, after completion of ESL i can enroll into my undergraduate program.

1-)Financial status and personal assest
2-) Travel History

The purpose of visit wasn't emphasised on the note.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Asihanmi: 7:08pm On Aug 15, 2017
Thanks @guzenaira. I made enquires of possibilities of requesting for my file and that from cic website it is possible but can be done on behalf of whoever is requesting for it from outside Canada.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/atip/requests-atip.asp

I want to believe is same as using GCMS which about $23 while through cic directly is just $5.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by aliACCA: 7:09pm On Aug 15, 2017
charts:
My people. I checked my application on cic website 2 weeks ago and it said updated but when i opened my application i did not see any change in my profile. The same thing happened again today and i did not see any change. Please , do anybody understand this one or has anyone experienced this before. Please my people answer me o.

Well, according to ''trv legends and myths'' anytime a VO checks on one's profile then an applicant may see updated on his/her online account. Sometime in June, i saw updated but nothing really reflected in my case. You aint alone in this my bro/sis

cheesy cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by maziude: 7:15pm On Aug 15, 2017
Frankrobbn1:

Boss,

If this is all your note says, then you really dont have a problem tackling it. But then this CIC we are talking about, their mata dey weak person.

It all falls on the documents you submitted and what you have in your SOP. How did you link your sponsor? How did you show your finance? Are you fully sponsored by your sponsor or partly? Did your sponsor make any commitment at all, Like paying part of your fees or even transferring portion to your account? What is the content of the sponsorship letter?

The travel history is just jara. The main point is your funding which is linked to your sponsor.

I no kno weda you get me sha, but that is what i understood from that note.

Mazi...

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (92) (93) (94) (95) (96) (97) (98) ... (501)

Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 / UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.