Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,883 members, 7,817,601 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:16 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 - Travel (92) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 (828281 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (89) (90) (91) (92) (93) (94) (95) ... (501) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by atiteb4: 9:16pm On Aug 14, 2017
Markab:
You need my permission
grin
lol help me beg her then. I just need her advice.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by bbclue(f): 9:17pm On Aug 14, 2017
Darrelah:
Hmmm thanks my brother.. I resigned today o
I was positive
But I don't regret cause I will not be around for long and will definitely be replaced
I will share my profile soon

Nawa oĆ²oooooo. .just take heart. .....A whole five months. .....We need to do campaign
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Toluwaase(m): 9:37pm On Aug 14, 2017
I hail o
The CIC sent a mail to go for medical test without attaching the stamped data page of international passport. What should be done?
Secondly, IOM, Ikeja seems very expensive for medical test -42K+, what are the alternatives and how much.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Margs(f): 9:42pm On Aug 14, 2017
Hi Everyone,

Glad I stumbled on this thread. So I have a question. I plan on applying to study in Canada and here's a brief profile. First degree in Physics (3rd class) and this is my primary concern. I have worked for about 13 years mainly in the finance industry. I have ICAN, PMP and some UK insurance certificates.

What are my best options? My plan was to do a Masters in finance or economics or even management. But i just read up that the 3rd class will be a problem. I started out a masters locally but didn't complete - just one course left. Was finishing off with a distinction though.

Sorry the info is kind all over the place. Please advise.

I was considering Saskatchewan and Manitoba for my postgrad.

Thanks.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Nobody: 10:01pm On Aug 14, 2017
Toluwaase:
I hail o
The CIC sent a mail to go for medical test without attaching the stamped data page of international passport. What should be done?
Secondly, IOM, Ikeja seems very expensive for medical test -42K+, what are the alternatives and how much.

Very expensive but fast, I would recommend if you require urgent processing of your medicals.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by CPA01: 10:01pm On Aug 14, 2017
Margs:
Hi Everyone,

Glad I stumbled on this thread. So I have a question. I plan on applying to study in Canada and here's a brief profile. First degree in Physics (3rd class) and this is my primary concern. I have worked for about 13 years mainly in the finance industry. I have ICAN, PMP and some UK insurance certificates.

What are my best options? My plan was to do a Masters in finance or economics or even management. But i just read up that the 3rd class will be a problem. I started out a masters locally but didn't complete - just one course left. Was finishing off with a distinction though.

Thanks.

Hello. What's your cgpa for the last two years?. I will suggest you try some schools that offer pre MBA. But have you heard about express entry??. You can get to move and stay in Canada permanently without much stress.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Nobody: 10:11pm On Aug 14, 2017
sorry about that buddy.
However, my question is did you pass the medicals? ...if you probably got a copy of the result

Darrelah:
After 19weeks and five days!
Visa denied
Reason... Am not sure you will be Leaving....
It is well
I Dey kanpe cos Got got me
Infact I and three of my colleagues applied same day n same reason
CIC am coming for y'all after I finish my US visit this fall...
Thanks everyone
Peace!!
Yoruba will say A ni riru e mo o
Peace!!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by bluegirl080115: 10:27pm On Aug 14, 2017
For Future Applicants

Paper Route (the best way to submit a Canada study permit application with zero worries)

MAKE SURE YOU SUBMIT EARLY LIKE 5 MONTHS TO RESUMPTION DATE

1) Make sure all your academic docs are photocopies

2) Only Bank statement and all letters addressed to CIC should be original

3) Don't submit your passport (you might need it for other travels with faster results)

4) Link your application online

5) Live your life and check your account once a week (preferably Saturday night)

6) Pray and don't worry about the application

Note : All other documents should be photocopies
Medical Examination is optional (upfront or wait for permission to do so)
And most importantly live like you didn't submit an application

Because Canadian study permit question now is like "How old is your application?"

DON'T STRESS YOURSELF

Cheers!!

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by mcobex: 10:53pm On Aug 14, 2017
Toluwaase:
I hail o
recheck ur cic account again and u should see ur passport page. as for the medical, go to Children's practice clinic at Raymond Njoku street, falomo(#28,050)

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by PureRuby: 11:15pm On Aug 14, 2017
poesy:

Wow! @Ayoola03 So happy for you. Thank God for a safe journey and hassle-free POE experience. Please survey UWO very well for us o! Share pics if you can. PS. You'll find more info on London on Reddit. There's a Redeemed Church (Nigerian community) in the city as well.

Yea, RCCG Grace Assembly.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by diran18: 11:34pm On Aug 14, 2017
Please house how will I go about the payment of school fees. How can I get the Canadian dollar to pay? Then what more steps to take after securing admission. Please house enlightens me more. Thanks in anticipation
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by thesoj: 12:04am On Aug 15, 2017
dapoddon:
Guys, touchdown Toronto ! Very clean and beautiful country from the little have seen.
For the guys who haven't paid fees or have funding and going via Egypt Air, pls hold like 1k dollars, although non of their business the guys at MMIA might ask for it.
POE, was super chilled,just be bold, confident and honest. Might also be good to keep track of ur luggage in transit points to avoid stories upon arrival at final destination.
Apparently baba @thesoj is on a mission to relocate his entire family to Canada, met another of his brothers on the plane.
TRV fall on all hopefuls and refused applications.

Hahahahaha @ 'mission to relocate his entire family to Canada". grin

Yeah my bro told me that yesterday an employee of Egypt Air at the airline counter asked him that he must show that he has $1000 cash on him because he has a one-way ticket. The Nigerian employee of the airline said that Egypt Air doesn't want to foot the bill in case he is sent back at the Port of Entry; the employee said that this is because the airline has had to foot a lot of such bills for student visa holders lately lately (don't know if they are lying or not).

Regardless, it sounds extremely illegal for an airline to behave this way. They didn't allow my bro to check-in until he asked them if he could instead sign a letter of undertaking saying he'd foot the bill should he be sent back home at the POE. This is completely ridiculous. It even sounds like an attempted extortion where if you show the cash the employee takes a portion of it to enrich his pocket.

Anyone who experiences this should not let them deny you check-in. If it's possible, take a video on the incident, make a post of this illegal activity on Twitter or Instagram and mention the International Aviation body on Twitter (@IATA), Guardian Nigeria (@guardiannigeria), and Transport Canada (@Transport_gc), etc. Mention that your flight was booked from Lagos to Toronto or wherever.

Better yet, assert yourself and don't let the airline bully you.

@dapoddon: how did you convince them to let you check in? Did you have to find the $1000 cash?

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Frankrobbn1: 12:44am On Aug 15, 2017
OmalichaUC:

Maaazim biko you've not replied my mail. Pls I sent u my GCMS NOTES

Thanks so much bro. After sending them a reminder message, I received my GCMS note in less than 5hours yesterday.Thanks for your candid advice it worked. I appreciate.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Wango: 12:46am On Aug 15, 2017
amen brother, fingers crossed
KelechiNwachukw:

Hey I am also studying information technology at York Uni , hopefully we would get approved sometime this month IJN
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by mesh2003(f): 12:47am On Aug 15, 2017
Margs:
Hi Everyone,

Masters in Finance will be a good choice with your experience. You never can tell. With your experience and certifications you can get an admission. Also try an MBA and major in finance. If you have just one course left and coming out with distinction, why don't you complete it and then go for a PHD.Lots of funding for PHD students.

Thanks.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Ayoola03(f): 12:51am On Aug 15, 2017
I tell you my brother, the rate at which those guys/ladies demand for money at each check point at MM airport is so alarming, they demand like they don't get paid for their job, i was wise enough to have dropped all naija currency I had with me so when they Asked I gladly told them I have nothing to offer. Corruption everywhere. And please let us all be watchful whenever they demand to search your hand luggage, I almost forgot my fone with one of the officers at mm airport,he took my fone without my conscience for security check I later got to know when I noticed something was missing. It will end in praise by his grace. Cheers

Emmane:

Very informative..... Thanks as we would take precautions especially at MM Int'l. Chaiiii ... Lagos people and Zero chill. Nigerians will NEVER change. If to say u put money there or something expensive, na so them for open office for your head. Thanks AY once again.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Wango: 12:56am On Aug 15, 2017
aww, happy for you bro
Ayoola03:
Hello guys! Good morning from Toronto. So sorry for the late response. I have been trying to settle since I arrived.I used Egypt air and their service was impressive. There is nothin to worry about at the POE as no big deal at all infact it wasn't like how people Painted it, I was expecting a more drilling exercise but unfortunately I was proved wrong by the generosity shown by the officer smiley.the officers are all nice and friendly. I tendered my admission letters and the cic correspondence letter+passport and the questions goes thus :

What is the purpose of visit?
Is this your first time in Canada?
What is your undergraduate course?
The duration of the course?
Which school do you finished from and which city(when I told him lautech ogbomosho oyo state Nigeria, the pronunciation almost removed his tongue and he stated mocking me grin)
What graduate program are you going for
The duration of the course
What is the name of the school
What is the source of funding (self or government)
Jokes jokes jokes, the guy started making fun of me infact through out my chat with him, he only went true my funding letter he didn't bother to check my acceptance letter and the correspondence letter,he didn't give me the opportunity to answer the above questions he ended up answering those questions himself and never bother me at all, all I did was just to smile when he ask and immediately answer himself lol. Non of my luggage was checked everyone was able to collect their permit without stress and I wasn't even asked the amount of my PTA or if I came in with any . The experience was awesome and stress free shocked. Free wifi is available at Pearson international airport so you can easily connect to speak with your loved ones at home. The weather here is still the same sunny weather in naija just that it changes in the evening/night but not too bad tho. All you need is courage and smile. Lastly, anyone coming tru MM airport after your luggage has been weighed should immediately padlock your box and make sure you didn't put any valuable tins in the pockets or other external spaces in your box. Although I locked the main place in my box but other sides that can't be locked I kept some few things in it and discovered like two zips where partially opened when I went to claim my bags at the final destination in Toronto,few things was stolen in my bag but I thank God it is not something that useful. They also ended up damaging my box as well,they turned my box from 4legged to 3legged box,all thanks to those guyz at MM airport , please be careful and take caution.I wish everyone all the best and it will surely end in praise.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Ayoola03(f): 12:57am On Aug 15, 2017
tpain22:
Bro, How did you obtain your transcript from Lautech??

I applied online around dec last year tho the school was still on strike then but I was so lucky when some group including DDSA decided to help those students in need of transcript and certificate. I got the info from one of my lecturers tho. It finally got to my school in May.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Ayoola03(f): 1:05am On Aug 15, 2017
poesy:

Wow! @Ayoola03 So happy for you. Thank God for a safe journey and hassle-free POE experience. Please survey UWO very well for us o! Share pics if you can. PS. You'll find more info on London on Reddit. There's a Redeemed Church (Nigerian community) in the city as well.

Thanks sis, I will do just that. Going to London on wed for housing ishh

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Markab: 1:05am On Aug 15, 2017
Lol
wealth360:
madam Ayoola nah devoted Muslim ooooo. Lol. Mrs Ayoola check well we get mosque too all over the place grin. Congrats dear. Me and your Oga don thank Baba God on your behalf and success.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Markab: 1:06am On Aug 15, 2017
Let's meet at the other room... Just waking up
Ayoola03:

Thanks sis, I will do just that. Going to London on wed for housing ishh
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Ayoola03(f): 1:08am On Aug 15, 2017
wealth360:
madam Ayoola nah devoted Muslim ooooo. Lol. Mrs Ayoola check well we get mosque too all over the place grin. Congrats dear. Me and your Oga don thank Baba God on your behalf and success.

Thanks boss, we can't wait to have you here wink
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Ayoola03(f): 1:16am On Aug 15, 2017
All work and no play makes study thread a dull one, pardon me sir @justwise but I can't just resist the beauty of this country. It's 8:27pm and everywhere is as bright as the sun shocked. I wish everyone best of God in their application,may your dreams be fulfilled,Canada is waiting for you all.......cheers!

PS:will be removed soon wink

27 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by bbclue(f): 1:29am On Aug 15, 2017
I received my HALLELUJAH VISA

15 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by glam4444: 2:01am On Aug 15, 2017
bbclue:
I received my HALLELUJAH VISA

Congrats!!!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by bbclue(f): 2:05am On Aug 15, 2017
glam4444:

Congrats!!!

I am only staying positive. ...at glam444

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by maziude: 3:00am On Aug 15, 2017
Ayoola03:
All work and no play makes study thread a dull one, pardon me sir @justwise but I can't just resist the beauty of this country. It's 8:27pm and everywhere is as bright as the sun shocked. I wish everyone best of God in their application,may your dreams be fulfilled,Canada is waiting for you all.......cheers!

PS:will be removed soon wink

Welcome boss... so we dey the same time now... grin

We dey wait for the rest of una wey dey that list and silent readers... we are tired of time difference limitations.

Oluwa please do am for every...

11 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by IFY200: 3:17am On Aug 15, 2017
maziude:

Welcome boss... so we dey the same time now... grin

We dey wait for the rest of una wey dey that list and silent readers... we are tired of time difference limitations.

Oluwa please do am for every...

Bros I hail

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Hurricanecol11: 3:59am On Aug 15, 2017
Many thanks
Jjxtobi:

Please do ur upfront medicals in one of the accepted centres before submitting, and there's a question that asks if u have been examined by one.. ...change the answer to yes, then there would be a slot that's asks for proof of the upfront medicals. If u submit without it, u have to wait for Cic to send u medical mail
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by AdexStudio(m): 4:33am On Aug 15, 2017
This is the Canada visa application , you have a msg from the embassy pls come to pick up as soon as possible.

please my wife got that message yesterday, has anyone ever received this kind of message from VFS?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Yomalicious(f): 4:42am On Aug 15, 2017
Hi Everyone,
How long does it take to get my passport back from the embassy. It's been 13days after a final decision and I have not received neither a mail or text from VFS. I sent them a mail on Sunday night yet no response. Let them not try misplace my passport oh.

I need to travel for work oh

Cheers

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Yomalicious(f): 4:54am On Aug 15, 2017
thesoj:

Hahahahaha @ 'mission to relocate his entire family to Canada". grin

Yeah my bro told me that yesterday an employee of Egypt Air at the airline counter asked him that he must show that he has $1000 cash on him because he has a one-way ticket. The Nigerian employee of the airline said that Egypt Air doesn't want to foot the bill in case he is sent back at the Port of Entry; the employee said that this is because the airline has had to foot a lot of such bills for student visa holders lately lately (don't know if they are lying or not).

Regardless, it sounds extremely illegal for an airline to behave this way. They didn't allow my bro to check-in until he asked them if he could instead sign a letter of undertaking saying he'd foot the bill should he be sent back home at the POE. This is completely ridiculous. It even sounds like an attempted extortion where if you show the cash the employee takes a portion of it to enrich his pocket.

Anyone who experiences this should not let them deny you check-in. If it's possible, take a video on the incident, make a post of this illegal activity on Twitter or Instagram and mention the International Aviation body on Twitter (@IATA), Guardian Nigeria (@guardiannigeria), and Transport Canada (@Transport_gc), etc. Mention that your flight was booked from Lagos to Toronto or wherever.

Better yet, assert yourself and don't let the airline bully you.

@dapoddon: how did you convince them to let you check in? Did you have to find the $1000 cash?

There are certain destinations you are required to show a certain amount at POE e.g.. Malaysia Students and Visitors. And there are so many destinations like that. It's their customs regulations. So don't jump to the conclusion that it's illegal.

If a person is turned back at POE for not meeting the immigration requirements, The airline is charged over 10kUSD per inadmissible passenger. So what you don't know is that the person that profiled you at the airport and supervisors are held responsible and most times sacked.

As for Canada if you are travelling on one way ticket YOU MUST HAVE MONEY. You can show them by cash, ATM printout receipt or bank statement. Some people might not ask. But if you are asked be prepared.

This is my field.

Cheers

7 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (89) (90) (91) (92) (93) (94) (95) ... (501)

Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 / UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.