Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,120 members, 7,818,360 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:29 PM

Should I Sack My Staff For Stealing #500:00? - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Should I Sack My Staff For Stealing #500:00? (11931 Views)

Resign Or I Sack You - Female Director To PA For Denying Her Sex / Wells Carlton Hotel Celebrates Members Of Staff For Hardwork And Devotion / Man Sacks Female Staff For Insulting His Wife & Vying For Side Chic Position (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should I Sack My Staff For Stealing #500:00? by Afamed: 7:40am On Jul 28, 2017
I will recommend you suspend them for 2 weeks Without pay. if they are remorseful enough they will return in a better leaf after the 2 weeks otherwise they sack themselves by not returning afterwards.

2 Likes

Re: Should I Sack My Staff For Stealing #500:00? by Anusiemgood(m): 7:41am On Jul 28, 2017
I don't support the idea to sack them,you can talk sense into their lives then if such is repeated, you can kick them out from your company.
If you don't mind sir,please if you have any vacancy in your company,help a brother, goodluckanusiem@gmail.com
Re: Should I Sack My Staff For Stealing #500:00? by webcalculator(m): 7:41am On Jul 28, 2017
Most of the people asking you to sack them don't run any business. Not even employed.

I advice for strict warning for everybody, not only them. Only sack them if you have warned everybody before

3 Likes

Re: Should I Sack My Staff For Stealing #500:00? by omoiyalayi(m): 7:43am On Jul 28, 2017
Hw much is their salary?

Sack them if u ve nt stole #500 before or anything equivalent to #500.
Re: Should I Sack My Staff For Stealing #500:00? by Nobody: 7:43am On Jul 28, 2017
Have pity and check their past antecedents if it's good to let them go and the multiplier effect on their household

Re: Should I Sack My Staff For Stealing #500:00? by toprealman: 7:44am On Jul 28, 2017
What is your company policy on stealing? When was it last reviewed? Follow whatever it says.....if you don't have one, this is a wake up call.

1 Like

Re: Should I Sack My Staff For Stealing #500:00? by SalamRushdie: 7:44am On Jul 28, 2017
adollyboy:
Two of my staff rendered the company service to a client this morning.They however did not remit the #500 being cost of service rendered.Unfortunately,they were caught.Right now am thinking of sacking them to serve as deterrence to others.Will my action be justified looking at the amount involved?

Sack them now or you won't have business or a life tommorow ...İ know what I am saying sack them now
Re: Should I Sack My Staff For Stealing #500:00? by Originalsly: 7:45am On Jul 28, 2017
You caught him today....N500.... was that all he didn't remit for today?....do you know how much he stole yesterday?....the day before?... the other days? ... do you know what else he is stealing from the company? You can sit him down and talk to him... I guarantee you whatever you have to say will enter one ear and exit the other. Give someone else an opportunity... he spoiled his.
Re: Should I Sack My Staff For Stealing #500:00? by Afamed: 7:46am On Jul 28, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Do not sack them,

Technically and ideally, 'cost of service' should go to the staff who rendered the service to the customer.

So it's you who is short-changing them.

500 is very negligible, it will be heartless of you to sack them.
The country is hard and everybody dey find small place where dem fit chop from.

I'm sure if you put yourself in their shoes, you'd see you'd have stolen more, those staffs of yours have a good heart if that's all they stole.

I understand it might be hard for you to overlook it, and you want to send a strong signal to other staff, but please just listen to 'Holy Pass' by Tuface and take a cold bottle of Hero beer; you'd be fine.

If you want this to stop, just increase their pay and give them more incentives.
You have come with your contradiction as usual.
Re: Should I Sack My Staff For Stealing #500:00? by joey150(m): 7:48am On Jul 28, 2017
There is this saying, 500 naira may be small. But you can be sure that this is surely not the first time. It's just the first time that they are getting caught.

Decision is yours
Re: Should I Sack My Staff For Stealing #500:00? by AreaFada2: 7:49am On Jul 28, 2017
Please first ensure it was really a theft and not an error or misunderstanding.

Also check if they are above age 18 and if the salary they earn is theirs to use as they wish, not taken off them by a guardian or spouse. If all the above are positive, then sack them.

It is not the amount that matters but the mind to do it.

If you had asked them to go deposit one million in the bank for you, they might equally vanish with it.
Re: Should I Sack My Staff For Stealing #500:00? by waleco2008: 7:50am On Jul 28, 2017
Christ said if there is any one among you without sin let him be the first to cast a stone and they all went aways bros Pls call them and warn them and pray along with them and let them give there life to Christ. Christ has not come to condemned anyone but that we might be save Pls bros things are tough it take the grace of God be compassionate and you might be wining a soul for christ God bless us all amen.

1 Like

Re: Should I Sack My Staff For Stealing #500:00? by Elcuba: 7:50am On Jul 28, 2017
Pass them to us. Let's give them jungle justice!
Re: Should I Sack My Staff For Stealing #500:00? by phatnpretty(f): 7:51am On Jul 28, 2017
Don't sack them, there are many ways to kill rats. The economy is too bad, please let them stay but punish them severely so others will take note. you can deduct their salary, pay them half of it when the month ends. At least they will regret their action because the money they stole is peanuts compared to whatever you pay them. if they repeat it next time, sack them straight.
Re: Should I Sack My Staff For Stealing #500:00? by Nobody: 7:53am On Jul 28, 2017
How much are you paying them as salaries? Let's start from there. If they aren't satisfied, how would they work hard for the company? If they are unsatisfied, believe me they are justified to steal as much as they want. That's the bitter truth.

adollyboy:
Two of my staff rendered the company service to a client this morning.They however did not remit the #500 being cost of service rendered.Unfortunately,they were caught.Right now am thinking of sacking them to serve as deterrence to others.Will my action be justified looking at the amount involved?
Re: Should I Sack My Staff For Stealing #500:00? by khalhokage(m): 7:53am On Jul 28, 2017
Don't sack them ffs, sanction them, put them on probation or something.

Things are hard enough in this country to just sack people for such a negligible amount of money.
Re: Should I Sack My Staff For Stealing #500:00? by BENSIR: 7:54am On Jul 28, 2017
DON'T SACK THEM BUT WARN
Re: Should I Sack My Staff For Stealing #500:00? by TinaAnita(f): 7:54am On Jul 28, 2017
You are not their God so do whatever shitty thing going through your head. You are the boss today while tomorrow you might be their boot-licker so enjoy your "bossmanship".

Those asking you to sack them aren't better than your erring staff and that I can assure you. It's not as if you kept the money and they practically stole it? So the decision is yours.
Re: Should I Sack My Staff For Stealing #500:00? by MrEdimulo82(m): 7:55am On Jul 28, 2017
Trust Nigerians to say you shld not sack them, cos blah blah. .. for me you can suspend them or find a way to get the money back from their salary.

1 Like

Re: Should I Sack My Staff For Stealing #500:00? by habayinc(m): 7:55am On Jul 28, 2017
adollyboy:
give them query as first shot warning and an apology letter from them will be needed...the next time ,don't pity

Somebody cannot play with you again .

2 Likes

Re: Should I Sack My Staff For Stealing #500:00? by olagbemi118(m): 7:56am On Jul 28, 2017
Woteva rocks ur boat bro... God will provide a better job for them.
Re: Should I Sack My Staff For Stealing #500:00? by Ahmeduana(m): 7:57am On Jul 28, 2017
adollyboy:
IF YOU ARE PAYING THEM PEANUT YOU SHOULD BE EXPECTING SUCH!
Re: Should I Sack My Staff For Stealing #500:00? by kkboy(m): 8:01am On Jul 28, 2017
No wait until they steal 5M naira.
Re: Should I Sack My Staff For Stealing #500:00? by Teaveapoet(f): 8:01am On Jul 28, 2017
1k was deducted from my salary because i got to work 8am instead of 7:30am. a week later, i was sacked no query, no warning, no formality just a clean brown envelop.
Re: Should I Sack My Staff For Stealing #500:00? by Jabioro: 8:03am On Jul 28, 2017
You wanted to sack the young one just because of five hundred naira.. Please do not do as your power reached on them.. I did more than that before I am what I am today.. Give them stern warning.. I beg you!
Re: Should I Sack My Staff For Stealing #500:00? by bobbybrown007: 8:04am On Jul 28, 2017
No, dont do it at all. Buh instead u sit them down and talk to them sayin the next time it will happen again, it will nt be 500 h again buh 5k
Re: Should I Sack My Staff For Stealing #500:00? by clow(m): 8:07am On Jul 28, 2017
Don't sack him for stealing #500, Sack him for stealing......

1 Like

Re: Should I Sack My Staff For Stealing #500:00? by miraclea: 8:08am On Jul 28, 2017
babniyen:
Best advice...
Best idea my dear
Check-out their salary too small they may be hungry
Check if they are hard working
Discipline don't sack for now but if that reoccur again please sack and let them know that
Re: Should I Sack My Staff For Stealing #500:00? by Austeeenxx: 8:11am On Jul 28, 2017
Bruh, why dyu wanna sack them? Don't you know this country is now the survival of the fittest?
Please, I beg of you to sack them when they abscond with your entire life savings.... I believe by that time, there would be no need of you asking whether to sack them or not.
Re: Should I Sack My Staff For Stealing #500:00? by InvertedHammer: 8:12am On Jul 28, 2017
//
Re: Should I Sack My Staff For Stealing #500:00? by Slurity(m): 8:12am On Jul 28, 2017
No. sack him when he kidnapped you
Re: Should I Sack My Staff For Stealing #500:00? by BrainnewsNg(f): 8:13am On Jul 28, 2017
oluseyiforjesus:
Deduct it frm their salary n gv dem d last chance
Hw I wish we can sack our senators too....

Good point

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Pwc Interview / First Bank Staff In Port Harcourt Reacts To Mass Sack Allegation / Govt And Private Firms Workers: How Are You Coping With High Transport Costs?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.