Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,141 members, 7,818,432 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:35 PM

Should I Sack My Staff For Stealing #500:00? - Career (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Should I Sack My Staff For Stealing #500:00? (11932 Views)

Resign Or I Sack You - Female Director To PA For Denying Her Sex / Wells Carlton Hotel Celebrates Members Of Staff For Hardwork And Devotion / Man Sacks Female Staff For Insulting His Wife & Vying For Side Chic Position (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should I Sack My Staff For Stealing #500:00? by Nobody: 10:36am On Jul 28, 2017
KingOfThePay:

This is serious
this is really serious. Most Nigerians are twisted.
Re: Should I Sack My Staff For Stealing #500:00? by Nobody: 10:38am On Jul 28, 2017
avicenna1:
Someone was sacked in my office because of #100
whoever your boss is, he or she is real business person.

1 Like

Re: Should I Sack My Staff For Stealing #500:00? by panel71biafra(m): 10:40am On Jul 28, 2017
no mercy for him or her
Re: Should I Sack My Staff For Stealing #500:00? by bedfordng(m): 10:41am On Jul 28, 2017
hmmm
Re: Should I Sack My Staff For Stealing #500:00? by ddjay: 10:56am On Jul 28, 2017
adollyboy:
Two of my staff rendered the company service to a client this morning.They however did not remit the #500 being cost of service rendered.Unfortunately,they were caught.Right now am thinking of sacking them to serve as deterrence to others.Will my action be justified looking at the amount involved?
Haba u sef,find some punishment na,give dem grass 2 cut,cloths 2 wash,plug cain and flog,toilet 2 wash,gutter 2 empty, shit 2 pack and so on and so on,even salary cut sef
Re: Should I Sack My Staff For Stealing #500:00? by toye440: 11:19am On Jul 28, 2017
Evaberry:
will you also sack your wife for not licking and sucking your prick!
Deiziani spotted. slay Queen.
Re: Should I Sack My Staff For Stealing #500:00? by bayulll011(m): 11:21am On Jul 28, 2017
ultron12345:
Make sure u sack them, I suggest u make a policy that at the end of every year, anyone caught in fraud will have his/her full details including name, picture along with the persons crime published in several national dailies, also letters should b sent to prospective employers , warning them of the dangers of employing that fraudulent employee......with such policy in place, no employee will partake in fraud unless the person doesn't like himself.. ....also make them provide 3 guarantors at point of employment in case they steal money and run away...maybe with intention of starting their business......and after sacking and retrieving the stolen funds, they should be handed over to the EFCC........also ensure that a whistle blowing mechanism is in place

kila gbe kileju.

han han
Re: Should I Sack My Staff For Stealing #500:00? by hibee4uall(m): 11:29am On Jul 28, 2017
In instances like this it's not the amount involved that matter but trust that lost. Many companies have sacked employees because of the amount very low to this not because the stolen money has significant effect in the company's account but because such employee has proved him/herself to be untrustworthy.
The above being said, pls don't sack them yet just call them and give them serious warning that if such occur again they will definitely be sacked then be vigilant about their actions and /or inactions henceforth.

PLS CHECK MY SIGNATURE. THANKS FOR DOING SO
Re: Should I Sack My Staff For Stealing #500:00? by Filmewell(f): 11:37am On Jul 28, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Do not sack them,

Technically and ideally, 'cost of service' should go to the staff who rendered the service to the customer.

So it's you who is short-changing them.

500 is very negligible, it will be heartless of you to sack them.
The country is hard and everybody dey find small place where dem fit chop from.

I'm sure if you put yourself in their shoes, you'd see you'd have stolen more, those staffs of yours have a good heart if that's all they stole.

I understand it might be hard for you to overlook it, and you want to send a strong signal to other staff, but please just listen to 'Holy Pass' by Tuface and take a cold bottle of Hero beer; you'd be fine.

If you want this to stop, just increase their pay and give them more incentives.
Big lie a thief is a thief. They will call him a fool and repeat the act again
Re: Should I Sack My Staff For Stealing #500:00? by iRepNaija1: 12:31pm On Jul 28, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Do not sack them,

Technically and ideally, 'cost of service' should go to the staff who rendered the service to the customer.

So it's you who is short-changing them.

500 is very negligible, it will be heartless of you to sack them.
The country is hard and everybody dey find small place where dem fit chop from.

I'm sure if you put yourself in their shoes, you'd see you'd have stolen more, those staffs of yours have a good heart if that's all they stole.

I understand it might be hard for you to overlook it, and you want to send a strong signal to other staff, but please just listen to 'Holy Pass' by Tuface and take a cold bottle of Hero beer; you'd be fine.

If you want this to stop, just increase their pay and give them more incentives.

Even if services rendered should go to staff, which I honestly don't believe, it is the OP who should be making that call. The staff cannot take it upon themselves to take money that does not belong to them, whether they're entitled to it or not.

Don't increase their pay. That will just make them more bold. OP, as a leader, always trust but always verify. My vote is to replace them, get new people, and if the previous employees ask for a reference, you let the future employers know exactly what happened and how much they stole. Theft is theft. Some Nigerians parade naked people around for stealing an apple but some of ya'll want OP to forgive? This whole forgiving thing is why presidents, governors, and other officials steal Nigeria blind and get away with it. Complacency will kill us.
Re: Should I Sack My Staff For Stealing #500:00? by ayoballs: 12:43pm On Jul 28, 2017
are you madt ni.
Re: Should I Sack My Staff For Stealing #500:00? by Nobody: 12:53pm On Jul 28, 2017
adollyboy:
Two of my staff rendered the company service to a client this morning.They however did not remit the #500 being cost of service rendered.Unfortunately,they were caught.Right now am thinking of sacking them to serve as deterrence to others.Will my action be justified looking at the amount involved?
No need for sacking anyone jor... hunger dey town.... just call dem into your office and let dem know dia action and give dem warning....

remember hunger dey town...
Re: Should I Sack My Staff For Stealing #500:00? by lomaxbien(m): 1:00pm On Jul 28, 2017
If they can steal N500 then they can steal N5,000,000.
Do what you need to do.
Re: Should I Sack My Staff For Stealing #500:00? by Smartjob1(f): 1:12pm On Jul 28, 2017
Sack them.

However, ensure you know the reason behind their actions. Do you owe salaries? Get to know the reason. Deal with the cause. Not just the outcome.

Need to connect to other employers or easily recruit the kind of person you want? Join the world's smartest job network. It is free!

Re: Should I Sack My Staff For Stealing #500:00? by Nobody: 1:22pm On Jul 28, 2017
adollyboy:

Depends on how effective the staff member or members of staff are towards the growth of it business.

U have stolen stuffs on the past u know!
Re: Should I Sack My Staff For Stealing #500:00? by GoldenGracie: 1:25pm On Jul 28, 2017
adollyboy:
It's right if U sack them because U don't know what else or How much they will steal tomorrow. it gonna serve as a lesson for to do their next jobs uprightly
Re: Should I Sack My Staff For Stealing #500:00? by arnold123: 1:28pm On Jul 28, 2017
adollyboy:
did God take your life or all the great things that he did in your life from you because you sinned or offended him
Re: Should I Sack My Staff For Stealing #500:00? by Faseyi17: 2:47pm On Jul 28, 2017
Don't wait b4 they steal huge amounts of money. Abeg sack them
Re: Should I Sack My Staff For Stealing #500:00? by nwaimoroseyaho: 3:08pm On Jul 28, 2017
Give them a strong worded query and pardon them.
Re: Should I Sack My Staff For Stealing #500:00? by LEKAYHIS(m): 10:11am On Jul 29, 2017
Give him last chance pls
Re: Should I Sack My Staff For Stealing #500:00? by chidekings(m): 7:09am On Jun 03, 2022
LEKAYHIS:
Give him last chance pls

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Pwc Interview / First Bank Staff In Port Harcourt Reacts To Mass Sack Allegation / Govt And Private Firms Workers: How Are You Coping With High Transport Costs?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.