Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,045 members, 7,810,865 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:19 PM

Do Atheists Experience Nightmares - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Do Atheists Experience Nightmares (2177 Views)

Why Do Atheists Desist From Answering This Question ? / Why Do Atheists Love Bashing Religion? / Do Atheists Celebrate Christmas? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do Atheists Experience Nightmares by obinna58(m): 3:41pm On Jul 27, 2017
Dreams are one of the pillars of religion, there are many types of dreams people experience when drift off to sleep, many Christians tends to believe that atheists also have terrible nightmares even to an extent of calling Jesus for help grin
When I found out the frauds of religion, I sticked with deism cos I felt that having affair with supreme being must not require the help of another human being, then later journeyed into atheism after discovering there is no means I cold ever communicate with supreme being,
At tender age I av been seriously tormented by all sorts of beings, demons/ghosts/monsters/evilspirits etc also I av had quite number of sweet dreams, but nightmares wouldn't just get off me, to be sincere I was raised with fear of all sort of unknown beings, av also heard thousands of stories mostly about how people are being attacked spiritually,
Honestly Jesus is always my Savior during a terrible dreams unless the beast hurriedly took away my voice before I could call un Jesus for help(when still a deist), I later realized dreams are just what u operate by urself unknowingly, took me months to figure out though,
I learnt that Jesus is just an illusion I created in dreams as a helper, and the beasts/demons/ghosts/monsters/evilspirit they are what I also made as attackers

I av seen many threads encouraging dreamers who think they do see supreme beings talking to them, teaching them on how advance to a level where they could get a very positive advantage through dreams which is impossible,
Every single shits u experience in dreams is what u created for urself nothing more

Anyway to The purpose of why Created this thread
Do atheists also experience nightmares?

hopefulLandlord, Adepeter26, Brahampaul, akintom, scepticalpyrrho, Martinez19, jonbellion, Ngo40, winner01, blueAgent, 0temAtum, otemanduno, hahn, thehomer, JackBizzle, lepasharon, cloudgodess, frecocoa, CatFishBilly, Kay17, joseph1013, frank317, HardMirror, wiegraf, EvilBrain, teempakguy, Lennycool, akintom, SirWere, jonbellion, onetrack, plaetton, ifenes, hopefulLandlord, phuckjesus666, OtemAtum,Martinez19, CAPSLOCKED, chemystery, branham paul, folykaze, pagan9ja, hanabian,plaetton,
Niflheim, Wilgrea7, felixomor

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Do Atheists Experience Nightmares by Deicide: 4:55pm On Jul 27, 2017
I do get sleep paralysis one of those demons that Anas01 use to talk about normally torment me embarassed

2 Likes

Re: Do Atheists Experience Nightmares by Wilgrea7(m): 5:41pm On Jul 27, 2017
yes .. anyone.. irrespective of religion can have a nightmare... nightmares arise from fears.. if a person fears something, he/she can have a nightmare related to that thing.. that's why children get more nightmares when they watch certain horror movies..

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do Atheists Experience Nightmares by obinna58(m): 8:49pm On Jul 27, 2017
Wilgrea7:
yes .. anyone.. irrespective of religion can have a nightmare... nightmares arise from fears.. if a person fears something, he/she can have a nightmare related to that thing.. that's why children get more nightmares when they watch certain horror movies..
I don't have nightmares, definitely not everyone
Re: Do Atheists Experience Nightmares by hahn(m): 9:49pm On Jul 27, 2017
I have some bad dreams but when I wake up I brush it aside. I do not allow it affect my reality

Besides, dreams are what you have when you are awake. Not when you are asleep wink

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do Atheists Experience Nightmares by chemystery: 10:14pm On Jul 27, 2017
What most people refer to as demonic attacks is what is known scientifically as Sleep Paralysis.
Sure I have experienced nightmares but most of which occurred when I believe in gods, Satan, demons, ghosts, witches, etc. But since I became an atheist, I don't think I have experienced any of such. So I think everything we dream about is all in our head.
Re: Do Atheists Experience Nightmares by CuteMadridista: 10:22pm On Jul 27, 2017
Yes, I fear 2 things

snake and heights

I dream about them once in a while but the snakes never bite me in the dream although I do fall from a height and wake up, before I used to call on Jesus always when such dreams come up but now I simply wake up and go about my business like nothing happened
Re: Do Atheists Experience Nightmares by UncleSnr(m): 10:33pm On Jul 27, 2017
Since I became an Atheist, I don't take dreams serious. I have grown to know that it is my brain wandering wild in thoughts so I don't bother about dreams.

I don't have nightmares.

I could remember being conscious during one of my dream session. And was relating fine with a masquerade I watched in a video. grin
Re: Do Atheists Experience Nightmares by Nobody: 12:36am On Jul 28, 2017
Wilgrea7:
That's why most or some children get more nightmares when they watch horror movies. There are children that don't fear or get nightmares from horror movies.
Re: Do Atheists Experience Nightmares by Nobody: 12:38am On Jul 28, 2017
Dreams are real.They to a large extend control the world
Re: Do Atheists Experience Nightmares by obinna58(m): 1:04am On Jul 28, 2017
hahn:
I have some bad dreams but when I wake up I brush it up. I do not allow it affect my reality

Besides, dreams are what you have when you are awake. Not when you are asleep wink

People don't realize this

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Do Atheists Experience Nightmares by Nobody: 1:17am On Jul 28, 2017
No...no Mr. Obi,
I'm gonna be respectful towards you because it's you, instead of just scrolling past (and screaming to myself, "NEXT"wink...
but I'm not gonna go there with this one smiley
Re: Do Atheists Experience Nightmares by Wilgrea7(m): 7:10am On Jul 28, 2017
obinna58:
I don't have nightmares, definitely not everyone

yeah.. it depends on your fear and how deeply you fear it
Re: Do Atheists Experience Nightmares by CatfishBilly: 8:41am On Jul 28, 2017
I don't even dream when I sleep not to talk of nightmares.

1 Like

Re: Do Atheists Experience Nightmares by analice107: 9:17am On Jul 28, 2017
CatfishBilly:
I don't even dream when I sleep not to talk of nightmares.
Does the dead dream?
Re: Do Atheists Experience Nightmares by sonofluc1fer: 9:53am On Jul 28, 2017
analice107:

Does the dead dream?
Lol.
Re: Do Atheists Experience Nightmares by analice107: 10:09am On Jul 28, 2017
sonofluc1fer:
Lol.
Do they? Answer Lucifer's favorite son. do you dead beings dream? Hmm?
Re: Do Atheists Experience Nightmares by sonofluc1fer: 10:26am On Jul 28, 2017
analice107:

Do they? Answer Lucifer's favorite son. do you dead beings dream? Hmm?
Yes, I dream. I have a vivid imagination so my dreams can be a bit intense sometimes.
In my dreams, you are a beautiful, warm and nice lady.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do Atheists Experience Nightmares by Nobody: 10:45am On Jul 28, 2017
analice107:

Does the dead dream?

Are you saying atheists are dead?
Re: Do Atheists Experience Nightmares by hahn(m): 10:50am On Jul 28, 2017
analice107:

Does the dead dream?

What a stupid question undecided

1 Like

Re: Do Atheists Experience Nightmares by kevoh(m): 11:20am On Jul 28, 2017
I still have nightmares as an atheist grin but not the stupid demon,devil, witch type angry angry but sweet ones.. An example is me repeatedly finding myself in boarding house/school in my dreams. Then I did master's programme in 2015 and those nightmares stopped coming. Another example, if I have to defend a project/assignment at work I will dream about failing to defend it but wake up and go to ace the defence.
Re: Do Atheists Experience Nightmares by sonofluc1fer: 11:27am On Jul 28, 2017
kevoh:
I still have nightmares as an atheist grin but not the stupid demon,devil, witch type angry angry but sweet ones.. An example is me repeatedly finding myself in boarding house/school in my dreams. Then I did master's programme in 2015 and those nightmares stopped coming. Another example, if I have to defend a project/assignment at work I will dream about failing to defend it but wake up and go to ace the defence.
I used to have those too. One idiot told me its the spirit of the serpent. Always moving, but staying in one place..i was at a tough place in life then, academically. It all made spiritual sense.

I would have bought it, if he hadn't asked me for offering and money later.

1 Like

Re: Do Atheists Experience Nightmares by mmsen: 11:28am On Jul 28, 2017
Dreams are nothing to do with a religion - they are part of the animal experience. Even dogs dream.

You might as well claim that reproduction and death are also religious experiences.

1 Like

Re: Do Atheists Experience Nightmares by kevoh(m): 11:39am On Jul 28, 2017
sonofluc1fer:

I used to have those too. One idiot told me its the spirit of the serpent. Always moving, but staying in one place..i was at a tough place in life then, academically. It all made spiritual sense.

I would have bought it, if he hadn't asked me for offering and money later.
The emboldened is always the goal! grin grin Always looking for a means to scam the gullible ones!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do Atheists Experience Nightmares by hahn(m): 11:44am On Jul 28, 2017
kevoh:

The emboldened is always the goal! grin grin Always looking for a means to scam the gullible ones!

That is not a bad thing when you think about it

The way these Christians defend their god here on nairaland I wish I could exploit them too just for the fun of it smiley

3 Likes

Re: Do Atheists Experience Nightmares by kevoh(m): 12:01pm On Jul 28, 2017
hahn:

The way these Christians defend their god here on nairaland I wish I could exploit them too just for the fun of it smiley
Lol...if you can perform magic tricks like Criss Angel, you will be getting millions of followers to exploit in no time!
Re: Do Atheists Experience Nightmares by MrMontella(m): 12:02pm On Jul 28, 2017
Wilgrea7:
one of the most sensible Christians on this forum has spoken

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Do Atheists Experience Nightmares by hahn(m): 12:04pm On Jul 28, 2017
kevoh:

Lol...if you can perform magic tricks like Criss Angel, you will be getting millions of followers to exploit in no time!

But these pastors are smarter than Criss Angel. They do not do anything but claim that their prayers are responsible for whatever good happens to you and they have a permanent fall guy, the devil, who is responsible for anything bad. Totally genius I must say cheesy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do Atheists Experience Nightmares by MrMontella(m): 12:05pm On Jul 28, 2017
hahn:

grin grin grin grin
Re: Do Atheists Experience Nightmares by obinna58(m): 12:14pm On Jul 28, 2017
mmsen:
Dreams are nothing to do with a religion - they are part of the animal experience. Even dogs dream.

You might as well claim that reproduction and death are also religious experiences.

I'm sure u av heard testimonies of how an evil spirits/dead beings tormenting people in dreams were chased away, pastors interpreting about the unpleasant dream u had telling u to prayed hard about it, people u loved telling u about what God revealed to them while dreaming, how witches/occultic societies attack people in their dreams and why u need to be prayerful in order to defeat as source of demons and remember tithes must be paid to continue the work of God cheesy
The reason why many even believed in supreme is mostly Cos the experience they encountered while dreaming.
Re: Do Atheists Experience Nightmares by mmsen: 12:23pm On Jul 28, 2017
obinna58:

I'm sure u av heard testimonies of how an evil spirits/dead beings tormenting people in dreams were chased away, pastors interpreting about the unpleasant dream u had telling u to prayed hard about it, people u loved telling u about what God revealed to them while dreaming, how witches/occultic societies attack people in their dreams and why u need to be prayerful in order to defeat as source of demons and remember tithes must be paid to continue the work of God cheesy
The reason why many even believed in supreme is mostly Cos the experience they encountered while dreaming.

So dogs and cats need to start paying tithes to stop having nightmares?
Re: Do Atheists Experience Nightmares by obinna58(m): 12:26pm On Jul 28, 2017
mmsen:

So dogs and cats need to start paying tithes to stop having nightmares?
No pastors won't say so, it would be unprofessional cheesy

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why Do Atheists Have The Highest Suicide Rates? / 5 Nights of Glory / SHOCKER: The SCAM In Christ Embassy Church

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.