Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,788 members, 7,817,278 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:19 AM

House Of Reps Approves Devolution Of Powers To States - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / House Of Reps Approves Devolution Of Powers To States (29357 Views)

Minimum Wage: Senate Committee Concur With Reps, Approves N30,000 / Southern Nigerian Governors Call For Devolution Of Powers / Senate Rejects Devolution Of Powers To States (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: House Of Reps Approves Devolution Of Powers To States by Grundig: 9:56pm On Jul 27, 2017
So why exactly do we have both chambers?
Re: House Of Reps Approves Devolution Of Powers To States by reptile1: 10:01pm On Jul 27, 2017
They can keep twisting their mouths and constitution for their benefits. all I want is division.

1 Like

Re: House Of Reps Approves Devolution Of Powers To States by Rikidony(m): 10:38pm On Jul 27, 2017
Justiceleague1:

[s] "....will be RULE by..."
ngbanti nepa bill degree holder.. grin unity begger grin[/s]
October 1 loading................ %
Re: House Of Reps Approves Devolution Of Powers To States by sapele914(m): 11:55pm On Jul 27, 2017
ESDKING:
Restructuring is a waste of time.
This country must be divided.

People should read from second to the last paragraph down before rejoicing.
The only option now is break up, nothing more nothing less. We can't continue like this.
Nonsense.
Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon that will shitsay on the board and strut around like it won something,a wise man confesses his wrong a fool defends it, to call a man a fool is not necessary an insult for his authentic life has frequently been pictured under the metaphor of a fool.
Re: House Of Reps Approves Devolution Of Powers To States by sapele914(m): 12:00am On Jul 28, 2017
Earthquake1:
Useless fools think we want restructuring.

WE WANT REFERENDUM.
Hello Mr Man are you there?No one recognizes either acknowledges your absence or presence. Mr Nobody.
Re: House Of Reps Approves Devolution Of Powers To States by victor8269: 12:13am On Jul 28, 2017
Rikidony:

because Biafra will be rule by angels, dude wise up
How far with the angel that has been in London since he gave Pastor E.A Adeboye quit notice?
Re: House Of Reps Approves Devolution Of Powers To States by victor8269: 12:19am On Jul 28, 2017
MisterLomantic:
That's not what your monkey-looking dilektoh of comedy said. According to one of his many Radio Biafra facebook posts, he said and I quote "We have hundreds of Biafrans ready to die for the struggle. It's Biafra or Death. Bring your army and I will bring mine. We are not afraid of death. I know I didn't attend any military school nor recieve any military training, but we have Chukwu Okike Kerewawa on our side and victory will be ours".

If you think I made this up, sorry for your life. Visit his facebook page.

Dude also said Buhari is a pedophile and threatened he would call LE officers to arrest him whenever he visits London grin

Deranged goat. Ewu Gambia grin
After quoting him, with the same mouth, I want you to also quote Ur role model's 97% and 5% statement, don't spit or brush yet, cos I also want you to quote all that Uncle Lie.M has been saying. I would then allow you to be the jury and the judge and watch you lose woefully to your own judgement.
Re: House Of Reps Approves Devolution Of Powers To States by AreaFada2: 3:53am On Jul 28, 2017
Basic123:
The more reason why the senate must be scrapped.They are very unreasonable!
Most senators have tasted power at a high level: former governors/military administrators, ministers, military top brass, etc.

They even eye more positions of power at the centre in the future, so they are not willing to decentralise that much.

Considering our recurrent expenditure, an extra layer of parliament is unnecessary like a goitre. House of rep or just senate of not more than about 350 members is enough.

2 Likes

Re: House Of Reps Approves Devolution Of Powers To States by Basic123: 5:34am On Jul 28, 2017
AreaFada2:

Most senators have tasted power at a high level: former governors/military administrators, ministers, military top brass, etc.

They even eye more positions of power at the centre in the future, so they are not willing to decentralise that much.

Considering our recurrent expenditure, an extra layer of parliament is unnecessary like a goitre. House of rep or just senate of not more than about 350 members is enough.
Exactly.

That is why I dont believe and be deceived with Atiku call for restructuring,well,I dont know his own definition of restructuring.

No aspiring presidential candidate will support devolution of power in nigeria when he knows how powerful that Nigerian millitary constitution has made the president and virtually all governors and senators eye presidency
Re: House Of Reps Approves Devolution Of Powers To States by Rikidony(m): 6:31am On Jul 28, 2017
victor8269:

How far with the angel that has been in London since he gave Pastor E.A Adeboye quit notice?
hwfa with Nnamdi Kawnu I taught he promise not to left his comrade behind in prison
Re: House Of Reps Approves Devolution Of Powers To States by vikithor(m): 6:56am On Jul 28, 2017
Nigeria,patch patch,
Call obioma the tailor,to patch am well,
Call,Sura,the carpenter,to cut,sand paper,plain the rough surface well well,
Don't forget to invite okoroausa,he has idea on how better to repackage this falling zoo,

Safe journey to all the re packaging stakesholders

Let's see how far this solutions will stand
Re: House Of Reps Approves Devolution Of Powers To States by ESDKING: 7:00am On Jul 28, 2017
SilverSurfer:
After all your rantings, you just had to find a way to smuggle the igbos into your discourse. Hear me clearly, I'd rather we stay in Nigeria than have a confused lots as the Niger delta in any igbo nation. God forbid! I'll never support any biafra that is not entirely igbo. I'm tired of this constant cry of marginalisation. We have every we need to stand alone. The energy you waste in talking about the igbos should be channeled to your phantom Niger delta Republic. We have no need for you guys. See mouse wey dey hide make vulture no carry am as if to say the vulture don even gree say e go carry the mouse.

Re: House Of Reps Approves Devolution Of Powers To States by victor8269: 7:32am On Jul 28, 2017
Rikidony:

hwfa with Nnamdi Kawnu I taught he promise not to left his comrade behind in prison
The case is still ongoing. U supposed dey follow N.K 4 Facebook Na. U no c him last move for Ebonyi?. Do you know that he has been the most discussed person in Nigeria in 2017?
Re: House Of Reps Approves Devolution Of Powers To States by victor8269: 7:32am On Jul 28, 2017
Rikidony:

The case is still ongoing. U supposed dey follow N.K 4 Facebook Na. U no c him last move for Ebonyi?. Do you know that he has been the most discussed person in Nigeria in 2017?. Keep Ur good work, d publicity dey pay
Re: House Of Reps Approves Devolution Of Powers To States by AreaFada2: 7:34am On Jul 28, 2017
Basic123:

Exactly.

That is why I dont believe and be deceived with Atiku call for restructuring,well,I dont know his own definition of restructuring.

No aspiring presidential candidate will support devolution of power in nigeria when he knows how powerful that Nigerian millitary constitution has made the president and virtually all governors and senators eye presidency
Atiku is just making the noise the South want to hear. Just to get more popularity and secure presidential ticket. If he turns out to be the most popular Northerner candidate, he will still get their votes and secure more in the South.

All along he would have secretly assured the Northern elite that nothing will change. To secure second term in office, he might even bring a restructuring bill to NASS and allow it to be purposely defeated by the Northern majority and some Southern power hungry and selfish members.

He might even force through a severely watered down version of it that makes no difference. grin

1 Like

Re: House Of Reps Approves Devolution Of Powers To States by victor8269: 7:34am On Jul 28, 2017
Rikidony:

No be left Na leave eh. English hard for people wey no go school sha. The case is still ongoing. U supposed dey follow Nnamdi Kalu 4 Facebook Na. U no c him last move for Ebonyi?. Do you know that he has been the most discussed person in Nigeria in 2017?. Keep Ur good work, d publicity dey pay
Re: House Of Reps Approves Devolution Of Powers To States by precious1967(m): 8:33am On Jul 28, 2017
ds useless nass members knows dt nigerians ll be busy for d next two weeks debatin on dre suggestions to amend d constitution when d economy is biting harder on d masses of ds country. analysts also ve 4gotten dt ds amendments ll also goes to d state assemblies for dre approval.
Re: House Of Reps Approves Devolution Of Powers To States by soflygerian(m): 10:07am On Jul 28, 2017
Good move... Some people fail to see government as a business- Inefficient CEOs i guess, no wonder the Northern Senators rejected it.. They never attended a business management class...
Re: House Of Reps Approves Devolution Of Powers To States by soflygerian(m): 10:14am On Jul 28, 2017
They rejected it oh.. this Op na wa for you oh... Our National Assembly is a bunch of cankerworms!!!
Re: House Of Reps Approves Devolution Of Powers To States by 2016v2017: 11:00am On Jul 28, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Nonsense,

What we want is a referendum,
Then a peaceful secession.
Re: House Of Reps Approves Devolution Of Powers To States by Nobody: 11:18am On Jul 28, 2017
So the senate is the pharaoh in the way of the progress of this country currently?
Re: House Of Reps Approves Devolution Of Powers To States by SilverSurfer: 7:19pm On Jul 28, 2017
NtoAkwaIbom:

Hahahahaha
See this one.. Nk and fellow Igbos will attack u for saying that u dnt need the Niger Delta.

This is what this moniker is for, to get u guys to ur senses...
One down..
You guys are completely irrelevant in igbo discourse. I, for one have never wanted anything to do with you guys. You've absolutely nothing to offer the igbos. Stop taking yourself too serious because you've got nothing to offer to my people. Let me sound it clearly one more time......... I would never support an independent igbo nation with you guys. God forbid!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

FG's Response To Monday’s Terrorist Attack On Abuja-Kaduna Train / PDP Presidential Campaign Kick-off; A Show Of Shame / Wike To Atiku: For Hosting Rivers People In Abuja, You Are Unworthy Of Our Votes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.