Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,974 members, 7,810,704 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:40 PM

'not Too Young To Run' Bill, A Show Of Real Governance Or A Camouflage? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 'not Too Young To Run' Bill, A Show Of Real Governance Or A Camouflage? (353 Views)

President Buhari Has Signed "Not To Young To Run" Bill / Buhari: I Will Sign ‘Not Too Young To Run’ Bill In Few Days / 2019: ‘not Too Young To Run’ Bill Scales Through 21 States Assemblies (names) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

'not Too Young To Run' Bill, A Show Of Real Governance Or A Camouflage? by callonme(m): 5:40pm On Jul 27, 2017
Sequel to the recently passed 'Not too young to run' bill. #My opinion#.

Whenever reputable companies are organizing contests, I do see a restriction that states 'Family members or relatives of members of staff of the company are not eligible'.

So, back to the 'Not too young to run' bill.
I hope we won't still have to queue behind our politicians' children and relatives as usual?

I wish their children or relatives can be tagged ineligible to run for office. But that remains a mere wish as far as the present Nigeria is concerned.

I have seen colleagues celebrating this since yesterday, I felt the joy within me too, but at the same time, I see the bill as a means for the self-acclaimed 'ruling class' to keep their feet firm in office even after departure from office.

My opinion though.
Ambassador Aina

(1) (Reply)

Paris Club Fund: Gov Ajimobi Approves Payment Of April,may 2017 Workers Salaries / Youths Showing Interest Already To Run 2019 Election #nottooyoungtorun / Not Sin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.