Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,107 members, 7,852,755 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 04:19 AM

Osinbajo Commissions Fertilizer Plant In Rivers State (Photos) - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Osinbajo Commissions Fertilizer Plant In Rivers State (Photos) (18544 Views)

Yemi Osinbajo Commissions Aminu Dantata Flyover, Kano (Photos) / Vice President Osinbajo Commissions The Dome In Abuja / Osinbajo Commissions Calabar Monorail (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Osinbajo Commissions Fertilizer Plant In Rivers State (Photos) by godquality: 11:34am On Jul 28, 2017
Fertilizer plant. Oh God please don't make them use the fertilizers to make more homemade bombs. That's my only fear
Re: Osinbajo Commissions Fertilizer Plant In Rivers State (Photos) by engrobidigbo: 11:37am On Jul 28, 2017
Blue3k:
World's biggest or world class? This story needs details.
This is the world's largest single train urea fertilizer plant...no size like this ever

yarimo:
That is all AMEACHI'S projects, thank you AMEACHI for laying solid foundation for rivers state when you are governor of the state.

Shut up...which Amechi's project? angry this is a private project from Indians...

2 Likes

Re: Osinbajo Commissions Fertilizer Plant In Rivers State (Photos) by yarimo(m): 11:38am On Jul 28, 2017
erico2k2:

You say??

Re: Osinbajo Commissions Fertilizer Plant In Rivers State (Photos) by FBLJ(m): 11:38am On Jul 28, 2017
Are the people carrying placards protesting?
Re: Osinbajo Commissions Fertilizer Plant In Rivers State (Photos) by LordVoldemort(m): 11:48am On Jul 28, 2017
DaniDani:
This junky journalism is getting messier by the day. Instead of giving us details of daily capacity of production of the plant, source of raw materials, maintenance, and managerial capacity and all that, they ended up coining few words on commissioning. They couldn't even get clear picture of the plant, or detailed pictures of parts of the plant, hell no, they dissipated their energies on snapping wiked and osibande. Rubbish.

A simple Google search could have helped you but you are as lazy as the journalists you abusing

Fertilizer
Indorama is building a mega sized urea fertilizer plant in Nigeria under the helm of “Indorama Eleme Fertilizer & Chemicals Limited (“IEFCL”). The project consists of 2300 TPD Ammonia plant, 4000 TPF Urea plant, 83 km long Gas Pipeline, and an Export Port Terminal.
The main plant, measuring approximately 40 hectares, will be located within the perimeter of Indorama’s existing petrochemical site in Port Harcourt.
The Gas Pipeline for the fertilizer plant is being constructed by IEFCL within an existing 15 meter wide Right of Way (“ROW”). The new Port Terminal (Jetty) will be built at Onne Port on a plot of land measuring approximate 6 hectares
The Port Terminal will comprise of a 320 m long Quay / Jetty along with terminal infrastructure including all material handling facilities necessary for urea and a urea storage facility with a capacity of 45,000 MT. The transfer of urea from the fertilizer plant will be by road via an existing road network.
Construction of the new fertilizer plant commenced in early 2013 with commissioning expected in late 2015.

2 Likes

Re: Osinbajo Commissions Fertilizer Plant In Rivers State (Photos) by winterfell007(m): 11:50am On Jul 28, 2017
Wow!!! This could match the one Dangote is constructing in lekki. The only problem I envisage is that no more organically grown foods, everything we eat now is genetically modified.

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo Commissions Fertilizer Plant In Rivers State (Photos) by martooski(m): 11:50am On Jul 28, 2017
rottennaija:
Was this a state or federal project?
PRIVATE
Re: Osinbajo Commissions Fertilizer Plant In Rivers State (Photos) by VeniJu: 11:55am On Jul 28, 2017
Buhari and Osinbajo has thought some of us that there's nothing wrong in having only one cloth... #belieftongue

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo Commissions Fertilizer Plant In Rivers State (Photos) by dami2boi(m): 12:00pm On Jul 28, 2017
yarimo:
That is all AMEACHI'S projects, thank you AMEACHI for laying solid foundation for rivers state when you are governor of the state.

Please it is too early to be drunk, **apologies**
The Fact is that it was a federal asset which was sold to private company. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo Commissions Fertilizer Plant In Rivers State (Photos) by zionic(m): 12:02pm On Jul 28, 2017
Bad belle go kill you.
DaniDani:
This junky journalism is getting messier by the day. Instead of giving us details of daily capacity of production of the plant, source of raw materials, maintenance, and managerial capacity and all that, they ended up coining few words on commissioning. They couldn't even get clear picture of the plant, or detailed pictures of parts of the plant, hell no, they dissipated their energies on snapping wiked and osibande. Rubbish.

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo Commissions Fertilizer Plant In Rivers State (Photos) by ibadantiti(f): 12:19pm On Jul 28, 2017
Why are they deceiving themselves

This is never a new fertilizer plant..

It was former the National Fertilizer Company of Nigeria Limited (NAFCON) that was sold to NOTORE at a give away price of $150m after FG intial pumped in about $400 million. The so called INDORAMA is part of NOTORE which have Gen Gowon as one of the Board member

http://nm.onlinenigeria.com/templates/?a=14529
http://www.notore.com/index.php/board-of-directors
Re: Osinbajo Commissions Fertilizer Plant In Rivers State (Photos) by ancientbanana: 12:26pm On Jul 28, 2017
rottennaija:
state project
Re: Osinbajo Commissions Fertilizer Plant In Rivers State (Photos) by bigpicture001: 12:35pm On Jul 28, 2017
Hahahaha...now I can confirm what the Nigerian computer whiz kid once said abt nigeria when he was asked why he moves all his extended family into the US.he said nigerians are not focus people,they expend more energy discussing politics and give less time to important issues as economy,science and development...now I said this cause after reading comments from this thread all I can see are people..nobody tries to find out anything about the project.all concern is whether it's wide or amaechi's project.i pity for naija youth.for your info sha.indorama is a private firm from Asia that bought FG petrochemical plant during obasanjo's tenure,and now they are expanding into building a fertiliser plant also....so you see?,its neither state or federal project
Re: Osinbajo Commissions Fertilizer Plant In Rivers State (Photos) by jossyco(m): 12:43pm On Jul 28, 2017
rottennaija:
State
Re: Osinbajo Commissions Fertilizer Plant In Rivers State (Photos) by obalolaunited(m): 1:08pm On Jul 28, 2017
jossyco:

State
It's a private company they also own eleme petrochemical sold to indorama during the obasanjo era. Their head office is in Abuja.
Re: Osinbajo Commissions Fertilizer Plant In Rivers State (Photos) by lurvy: 1:32pm On Jul 28, 2017
[
engrobidigbo:

This is the world's largest single train urea fertilizer plant...no size like this ever

Shut up...which Amechi's project? angry this is a private project from Indians...

It's quite unfortunate that we seem to be celebrating mediocrity... Nigeria needs world class facilities and not this death trap which is gradually wiping away the local population.
How can you build a so-called largest facility that emits large volumes of toxic pungent smelling ammonia gases straight into the atmosphere? This occurs every night making it difficult for residents to sleep.
Take a look at this video with link below showing massive pollution of the atmosphere by Indorama Petrochemicals.
There are several of such videos showing massive pollution of the atmosphere by Indorama Petrochemicals. This has been reported several times even to the United Nations Environmental Program.
Just last week, the workers in this indorama petrochemicals protested being exposed to inhumane working conditions and paid peanuts.
If Nigeria truly has a government that cares for her citizens then the government should ensure that environmental standards are obeyed and not celebrating Indians killing Nigerians right in Nigeria, WHAT A SHAME!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cj0mXkM6GLA
Re: Osinbajo Commissions Fertilizer Plant In Rivers State (Photos) by martooski(m): 1:44pm On Jul 28, 2017
yarimo:
yeye dey smell
Re: Osinbajo Commissions Fertilizer Plant In Rivers State (Photos) by Aragon: 2:01pm On Jul 28, 2017
Ogbuefi2020:
Oyibos will rake billions and indigenes will still be poor and backward

Rather you should concentrate on getting your own Cheap Fertilizer and start Raking your own Millions
Re: Osinbajo Commissions Fertilizer Plant In Rivers State (Photos) by engrobidigbo: 3:35pm On Jul 28, 2017
lurvy:
[

It's quite unfortunate that we seem to be celebrating mediocrity... Nigeria needs world class facilities and not this death trap which is gradually wiping away the local population.
How can you build a so-called largest facility that emits large volumes of toxic pungent smelling ammonia gases straight into the atmosphere? This occurs every night making it difficult for residents to sleep.
Take a look at this video with link below showing massive pollution of the atmosphere by Indorama Petrochemicals.
There are several of such videos showing massive pollution of the atmosphere by Indorama Petrochemicals. This has been reported several times even to the United Nations Environmental Program.
Just last week, the workers in this indorama petrochemicals protested being exposed to inhumane working conditions and paid peanuts.
If Nigeria truly has a government that cares for her citizens then the government should ensure that environmental standards are obeyed and not celebrating Indians killing Nigerians right in Nigeria, WHAT A SHAME!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cj0mXkM6GLA

Let's say the truth always... They don't emit ammonia from the plant... The plant can not emit ammonia from anywhere... There is a continuous running flare to handle any such leakage.... Yes, their welfare package is terrible.... But they any video you saw might be draft from thecooling towers (water molecules trapped in exhaust air). Even the flue gases from the furnaces and power plant there are properly combusted.

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo Commissions Fertilizer Plant In Rivers State (Photos) by twilliamx(m): 3:52pm On Jul 28, 2017
This amechi expression though.
Re: Osinbajo Commissions Fertilizer Plant In Rivers State (Photos) by Bacon21(m): 3:55pm On Jul 28, 2017
Re: Osinbajo Commissions Fertilizer Plant In Rivers State (Photos) by lurvy: 4:17pm On Jul 28, 2017
engrobidigbo:

Let's say the truth always... They don't emit ammonia from the plant... The plant can not emit ammonia from anywhere... There is a continuous running flare to handle any such leakage.... Yes, their welfare package is terrible.... But they any video you saw might be draft from thecooling towers (water molecules trapped in exhaust air). Even the flue gases from the furnaces and power plant there are properly combusted.

I'm not in your category where you write based on speculation..just like your response shows, I provide facts with first-hand information and video evidence, mind you, i reside around that environment, residents have confirmed this, workers have also confirmed this, so WHO ARE YOU
Whenever this dastardly act of massive pollution is perpetrated by Indorama, it gets into our homes even with windows closed, thereby making breathing difficult... I'm not interested in your petty politics, I'm more interested in Nigerians living right in their land.. even the Nigerian constitution provides for our right to life. Therefore, no foreigner or Nigerian should deprive a us of that right to life just because you want to make money. Our environmental laws must be respected and the government must ensure this, this evil perpetrated by Indorama Petrochemicals cannot happen in civilized and developed climes, there are fertilizer plants even in the US but you can't witness such massive pollution of the atmosphere...
Re: Osinbajo Commissions Fertilizer Plant In Rivers State (Photos) by engrobidigbo: 4:23pm On Jul 28, 2017
lurvy:

I'm not in your category where you write based on speculation..just like your response shows, I provide facts with first-hand information and video evidence, mind you, i reside around that environment, residents have confirmed this, workers have also confirmed this, so WHO ARE YOU
Whenever this dastardly act of massive pollution is perpetrated by Indorama, it gets into our homes even with windows closed, thereby making breathing difficult... I'm not interested in your petty politics, I'm more interested in Nigerians living right in their land.. even the Nigerian constitution provides for our right to life. Therefore, no foreigner or Nigerian should deprive a us of that right to life just because you want to make money.

Well, i'm a worker there...a 1st hand respondent...do you know the smell of ammonia? If ammonia smell gets into your home, all workers in the plant, especially the indians who reside in Indorama complex will all be dead by now.... So stop spreading false rumour...

You may smell the chemicals used for effluent treatment...but i repeat, you didn't smell ammonia....

3 Likes

Re: Osinbajo Commissions Fertilizer Plant In Rivers State (Photos) by lurvy: 4:34pm On Jul 28, 2017
engrobidigbo:

Well, i'm a worker there...a 1st hand respondent...do you know the smell of ammonia? If ammonia smell gets into your home, all workers in the plant, especially the indians who reside in Indorama complex will all bbe dead by now.... So stop spreading false rumour...

You may smell the chemicals used for effluent treatment...but i repeat, you didn't smell ammonia....

Let me educate you, ammonia has a pungent smell and this is what is released into the atmosphere in large volumes by Indorama in the process of producing Fertilizer.
There are various categories of workers working at Indorama, even the security guards, drivers, gardeners, cleaners are all workers, I don't know what category you belong... so if at all you passed chemistry in secondary school and studied process / chemical engineering, you would be able to have some knowledge about gases.
I'm not here to engage you because that will be a waste of my precious time as its apparent you need some schooling.
END OF DISCUSSION!!!
Re: Osinbajo Commissions Fertilizer Plant In Rivers State (Photos) by marv1: 4:49pm On Jul 28, 2017
yarimo:
Was it Amaechi that started the project?
Re: Osinbajo Commissions Fertilizer Plant In Rivers State (Photos) by agyo(m): 5:00pm On Jul 28, 2017
Bros Individual project o!!! But learnt that rivers state has a small stake in the investment.

rottennaija:
Re: Osinbajo Commissions Fertilizer Plant In Rivers State (Photos) by engrobidigbo: 9:51am On Aug 01, 2017
lurvy:

Let me educate you, ammonia has a pungent smell and this is what is released into the atmosphere in large volumes by Indorama in the process of producing Fertilizer.
There are various categories of workers working at Indorama, even the security guards, drivers, gardeners, cleaners are all workers, I don't know what category you belong... so if at all you passed chemistry in secondary school and studied process / chemical engineering, you would be able to have some knowledge about gases.
I'm not here to engage you because that will be a waste of my precious time as its apparent you need some schooling.
END OF DISCUSSION!!!

Quite unfortunte that you chose to wallow in ignorance.... I'm a process engineer working in the fertilizer company and it's u that need some schooling.... Ammonia is not released into the atmosphere during the process of making fertilizer... If indeed you have worked in a process plant, and not learnt the process in a secondary school or university, you'll understand the meaning of recycle....

I offer my over 10yrs of industry experience to educate you for free. Kindly inbox me for private tutorials... smiley
Re: Osinbajo Commissions Fertilizer Plant In Rivers State (Photos) by lurvy: 5:51pm On Aug 01, 2017
engrobidigbo:

Quite unfortunte that you chose to wallow in ignorance.... I'm a process engineer working in the fertilizer company and it's u that need some schooling.... Ammonia is not released into the atmosphere during the process of making fertilizer... If indeed you have worked in a process plant, and not learnt the process in a secondary school or university, you'll understand the meaning of recycle....

I offer my over 10yrs of industry experience to educate you for free. Kindly inbox me for private tutorials... smiley

You're already a forgotten case as I earlier closed your case long ago but since you came to display your ignorance or better put foolishness online, I would have expected you continue displaying it here for the world, I don't know why you're trying to hide by going INBOX according to you...
It's a shame that you ended up making noise without any point or iota of sense in your post....
Well, you talked about 10 years of industry experience ?? I can see you're still a kid... You truly need some schooling..
I'm not here to brag,... I've worked in several countries within and outside of Africa with several years of experience, It's quite unfortunate that I wasted my precious time to reply you, nevertheless I'm out of here for good....because... He who speaks with with a mad man will also be considered mad..

(1) (2) (Reply)

Osinbajo And Wife Represent Buhari In Dubai (Photos) / Bayelsa Gives Miyetti Allah, Others 14-day Ultimatum To Vacate Yenagoa / President Buhari Arrives New York Ahead Of 76th UN Summit (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.