Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,460 members, 7,816,079 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:00 AM

We Should Keep Praying For Buhari To Get Well - PDP chairman, Markarfi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We Should Keep Praying For Buhari To Get Well - PDP chairman, Markarfi (884 Views)

PDP Primaries, NW Leaders Endorse Markarfi As Consensus Candidate / PDP Will Defeat Buhari Or Any APC Presidential Candidate In 2019 - Markarfi / God Should Keep Buhari Alive So He Can Witness His Removal - Markarfi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

We Should Keep Praying For Buhari To Get Well - PDP chairman, Markarfi by itsdumebi(m): 5:25am On Jul 28, 2017
Chairman of the caretaker committee of the People's Democratic party, PDP, Ahmed Markarfi has called on Nigerians to keep praying for President Muhammadu Buhari's health to improve.

Markarfi, while fielding questions in a recent interview, had this to say when asked if the PDP was in support of calls for the president to resign and take care of his health;

It’s immaterial because the president has done what is required of him, to transfer power. He is not exercising political power now. When President Jonathan was acting president, he dissolved cabinet because the full powers of acting president is not reduced by the power of president. The responsibility now is on acting president Osinbanjo, not on Buhari. We should continue to pray that the president should get well. Let’s not lose sight of the fact that the person responsible now is the acting president.

When asked if the PDP had plans of merging with other parties for the 2019 general elections, he said;

We will go beyond that. Alliance is a different thing from merger. In alliance, parties maintain their identity but in respect of specific elections, you come together and agree on a common candidate. But for merger, it means the parties merging will lose their current identity and assume a new one which is cumbersome. I don’t see much appetite for that because it requires lots of steps to be taken and we don’t have that much time. I think what the party can do now is to bring back disenchanted members, bringing in new members and talk to other parties and see how we can work together without going into a procedure that is cumbersome and a procedure that might be used against us one way or the other. We are politicians and we know how it all works.

Markarfi also revealed that the PDP was in support of restructuring the country. He said;

We support it but it is how we get there that matters because restructuring means different things to different people. It is when we sit and talk like matured people, not insulting each other or calling each other names, that we can form a general agreement on what should be restructured because restructuring can be territorial, political, financial or economic. It can be political where some will prefer we go back to zones because some zones can be homogenous such as south west. South east, to some, east and north west, but you cannot find a homogenous in north east or north central. It is the decision of the majority that we will have to take, not minority. But let people talk and let’s see what is workable and what is not.
http://politicsngr.com/2017/07/28/keep-praying-buhari-get-well-markarfi/
cc: lalasticlala, Mynd44

Re: We Should Keep Praying For Buhari To Get Well - PDP chairman, Markarfi by sarrki(m): 5:26am On Jul 28, 2017
Hold your devilish prayer
Re: We Should Keep Praying For Buhari To Get Well - PDP chairman, Markarfi by remi1444: 5:34am On Jul 28, 2017
Markafi I need to thank you on this, No matter how much wrong we've done showing concerns about other people matters.
Re: We Should Keep Praying For Buhari To Get Well - PDP chairman, Markarfi by Luciferdevil(m): 5:35am On Jul 28, 2017
The old vegetable should be fast and come to hell, I hav so many punishments for him. First day in hell should be frog-jump nd fanning me to sleep.
Re: We Should Keep Praying For Buhari To Get Well - PDP chairman, Markarfi by simplyhonest(m): 5:39am On Jul 28, 2017
we will keep praying for him.... may president buhari's health be restored.... God bless Nigeria

1 Like

Re: We Should Keep Praying For Buhari To Get Well - PDP chairman, Markarfi by optional1(f): 5:40am On Jul 28, 2017
but you people waste our tax to go pay him a visit and you people said he is well and fit to come back to his country..

What do you people now need our prayers for? Did We tell you people that we have finished praying for ourselves?
Re: We Should Keep Praying For Buhari To Get Well - PDP chairman, Markarfi by sarrki(m): 5:42am On Jul 28, 2017
Luciferdevil:
The old vegetable should be fast and come to hell, I hav so many punishments for him. First day in hell should be frog-jump nd fanning me to sleep.

A prayer of a sinner is a noise to God Almighty
Re: We Should Keep Praying For Buhari To Get Well - PDP chairman, Markarfi by Luciferdevil(m): 5:46am On Jul 28, 2017
sarrki:

Zombie pls let me be biko, as if you knw who God is. Very soon, the salary you think you collecting from the lanky man to type this sHit will be all gone.

2 Likes

Re: We Should Keep Praying For Buhari To Get Well - PDP chairman, Markarfi by SELFmade7(m): 5:48am On Jul 28, 2017
Like say e from his heart
Re: We Should Keep Praying For Buhari To Get Well - PDP chairman, Markarfi by sarrki(m): 5:49am On Jul 28, 2017
Luciferdevil:
Zombie pls let me be biko, as if you knw who God is. Very soon, the salary you think you collecting from the lanky man to type this sHit will be all gone.

All the one PDP paid you what have you done with it ?

1 Like

Re: We Should Keep Praying For Buhari To Get Well - PDP chairman, Markarfi by chimah3(m): 5:50am On Jul 28, 2017
What are we praying for? Did he tell us what is wrong with him ?

We can't be praying blindly abeg!
Re: We Should Keep Praying For Buhari To Get Well - PDP chairman, Markarfi by sarrki(m): 5:52am On Jul 28, 2017
chimah3:
What are we praying for? Did he tell us what is wrong with him ?

We can't be praying blindly abeg!

Only Nigerians are asked to pray

1 Like

Re: We Should Keep Praying For Buhari To Get Well - PDP chairman, Markarfi by dannytoe(m): 5:53am On Jul 28, 2017
Save us all this noise, and tell us what you fvcking saw in london

1 Like

Re: We Should Keep Praying For Buhari To Get Well - PDP chairman, Markarfi by rainylad(f): 5:54am On Jul 28, 2017
....Pray for who?..that one 'Lost in London'?...story.
Re: We Should Keep Praying For Buhari To Get Well - PDP chairman, Markarfi by sarrki(m): 5:55am On Jul 28, 2017
rainylad:

....Pray for who?..that one 'Lost in London'?...story.

Strictly Nigeria issues
Re: We Should Keep Praying For Buhari To Get Well - PDP chairman, Markarfi by dannytoe(m): 5:57am On Jul 28, 2017
sarrki:

see kettle calling pot black.

1 Like

Re: We Should Keep Praying For Buhari To Get Well - PDP chairman, Markarfi by rainylad(f): 5:59am On Jul 28, 2017
sarrki:

Strictly Nigeria issues

....ezi ohia continue with your dance of shame.

1 Like

Re: We Should Keep Praying For Buhari To Get Well - PDP chairman, Markarfi by chimah3(m): 6:03am On Jul 28, 2017
sarrki:

Only Nigerians are asked to pray

But only Nigerians were not asked to comment. Receive sense...that you have embattled with since!

1 Like

Re: We Should Keep Praying For Buhari To Get Well - PDP chairman, Markarfi by Rilwayne001: 6:08am On Jul 28, 2017
We pray God give him good and sound health. But he needs to resign, so as to further have time for himself and reduce the load on his head. Why he's still adamant is what I don't know. Apparently he doesn't look fit.

Re: We Should Keep Praying For Buhari To Get Well - PDP chairman, Markarfi by Luciferdevil(m): 6:15am On Jul 28, 2017
sarrki:

All the one PDP paid you what have you done with it ?
I'm the devil dnt forget. I hav all the money i need in life. In fact, I give people money.
Re: We Should Keep Praying For Buhari To Get Well - PDP chairman, Markarfi by sarrki(m): 6:18am On Jul 28, 2017
Luciferdevil:
I'm the devil dnt forget. I hav all the money i need in life. In fact, I give people money.

Then you shouldn't be commenting here

You should be in NYSE and Lse
Re: We Should Keep Praying For Buhari To Get Well - PDP chairman, Markarfi by Luciferdevil(m): 6:22am On Jul 28, 2017
sarrki:

Then you shouldn't be commenting here

You should be in NYSE and Lse
Feel like chewing you right now. Abeg no dey fisturb my sleep sarrki.

Re: We Should Keep Praying For Buhari To Get Well - PDP chairman, Markarfi by Wantedmiller: 6:31am On Jul 28, 2017
thats the way politics suppose be.......
Re: We Should Keep Praying For Buhari To Get Well - PDP chairman, Markarfi by Rilwayne001: 7:02am On Jul 28, 2017
optional1:
but you people waste our tax to go pay him a visit and you people said he is well and fit to come back to his country..What do you people now need our prayers for? Did We tell you people that we have finished praying for ourselves?

Lol. You can pray for yourself and still pray for the president, it's for the love of your country. It would be selfish to pray for yourself alone without doing so for those around you. But still yet, the man needs to resign so has to concentrate more on himself. Nigeria problem is bigger than waiting for a sickling president.
Re: We Should Keep Praying For Buhari To Get Well - PDP chairman, Markarfi by optional1(f): 7:08am On Jul 28, 2017
Rilwayne001:

Lol. You can pray for yourself and still pray for the president, it's for the love of your country. It would be selfish to pray for yourself alone without doing so for those around you. But still yet, the man needs to resign so has to concentrate more on himself. Nigeria problem is bigger than waiting for a sickling president.

they prayers i have been praying for them, is it not enough yet? Time to pray for myself and my family and friends biko..

Those that will pray will pray, there is no need tell us to pray for their president as if they are threatening us..
Re: We Should Keep Praying For Buhari To Get Well - PDP chairman, Markarfi by chakula: 7:12am On Jul 28, 2017
May Allah the Exalted heal him amen.

(1) (Reply)

Catholic Church Massacre: Listen To Ozubulu Youth Rep Expose Obiano (video) / PHOTO: Obasanjo Ready For Christ Coming / Why Nnamdi Kanu's Home Was Invaded

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.