Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,829 members, 7,810,188 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:49 PM

8 Great Tips To Become A Super Writer - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / 8 Great Tips To Become A Super Writer (8963 Views)

Authors - 3 Tips To Make More Money With Your Okadabooks Referral Link / 7 Amazing Tips To Improve Your Writing Skills Quickly / 12 Tips To Write Your First Short Story (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

8 Great Tips To Become A Super Writer by BiafranBushBoy: 6:34am On Jul 28, 2017
After my last post How To Make Money as a writer in Nigeria, I got lots of questions regarding how to start writing. This will be our entry point for the newbies. Please read and digest.

I have been writing professionally for a while, and over time I hear and keep getting questions from people who keep asking “How Can I Become a Better Writer?” There is only a single answer to this question and that answer is

“Practice writing every day, Read and get to know about others who write.”

Writing is an art that is meant to be studied, felt and not just something you feel like doing just because you want to. It is more of imaginations, ability to join various words together and form sentences that become a beauty in the mind of readers. It is also about creating a write-up that is magical, an illusion that can keep your target audience captivated for a long period of time. If you can become a better writer, chances have it that you can make money from it as long as your brain remains functional.

If you are thinking about how to become a better writer, there’s some great news – the more you write the better you will become, so just keep writing. Of course, there are always things you can do to improve your writing. Let’s have a look at some ways to do that.

Become a blogger

Blogging is an easy way to become better at what you do and gain more experience, while for the most part working in a relatively relaxed writing environment. Nobody forces anything down your throat while writing on your blog and it is a better way to write from your own imagination. It also gives you room for improvement and adjustments. Besides, blogging is also a great way to make a living if you become good at it.

Limit your words

Writers tend to ramble on. In a bid to either to either make their article a bit lengthy to cover lots of aspects, they end up boring reader with write-ups that aren’t so important. The best way to keep your writing clear and concise is to simply limit how many words your content will hold. By doing so you force yourself to think about what you are writing. People often think that writing a few words will affect the quality of their write-up, but that isn’t the case. It is better to create something of little quantity with great quality than write loads of jargons that will bore readers.

Outline

When you are writing an e-book, print book, report, or an academic paper, creating an outline is a good place to start. To create an outline is like creating a mental picture of exactly what you wish to write, how you will write it and whom you are writing for. By creating an outline, you can create your structure for your writing.

Live passionately

If you are passionate about living, you’ll also be passionate when you write. You live once – take it in, wrap yourself in life, and ‘live.’ As a writer, this attitude will come through.

Write-Stop-Edit

You should do your writing, and then take a break before you start your edit so that you are looking at it with fresh eyes. A rule says you shouldn’t write under pressure or when the environment isn’t conducive. If you write and edit right away, your brain is smart and will often see what’s not there because it knows it should be there.

Learn daily new words

Every day learn a new word. Why? Because it expands your vocabulary and allows you to keep learning more. Trust me – it will be reflected in your writing.

Write & write some more

This is particularly helpful when you are writing longer content. Do your writing, stop and come back and expand the content you’ve written to ensure all necessary points are covered. A little break gives your brain a time out and when you return you will have thought of additional content that should be added.

Write with no distractions

Nothing will cause your writing to be poor than distractions. You need to have a quiet place where you can let your thoughts flow and the results will be good quality writing that’s desirable. This will help you if you want to avoid the Reasons You Will Fail as a Writer

There you have it – eight great tips on how to become a better writer. Why not give them a try today? The simple truth is that there is no way to improve your writing, other than to continually practice your craft. Write every day. Experiment, plan, revise, and revisit. Make challenges and deadlines and competitions. Push yourself and your writing will reward you. I promise. Write something inspired by a writer you admire and then write something completely your own.

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 8 Great Tips To Become A Super Writer by BiafranBushBoy: 6:35am On Jul 28, 2017
Source: http://topwritersden.com/how-to-become-a-better-writer/

lalasticlala please... let's promote this writing series. No knowledge is a waste.

Thanks.

1 Like

Re: 8 Great Tips To Become A Super Writer by Presh900(m): 11:47am On Jul 28, 2017
L.O.L.. Jennifer anywhere you're please am begging return my boxers to Me. That's my favorite boxer,please oh

3 Likes

Re: 8 Great Tips To Become A Super Writer by Chatflick(m): 12:03pm On Jul 28, 2017
Presh900:
L.O.L.. Jennifer anywhere you're please am begging return my boxers to Me. That's my favorite boxer,please oh
this cracked me up.
Re: 8 Great Tips To Become A Super Writer by Nobody: 12:07pm On Jul 28, 2017
grin grin grin grin

Dede Op, we never still yarn ooo...

1 Like

Re: 8 Great Tips To Become A Super Writer by saasala(m): 12:07pm On Jul 28, 2017
So I have seen some Fiverr topics made it to Frontpage lately. This article will help those who want to make money writing articles on Fiver.
Re: 8 Great Tips To Become A Super Writer by Cutezt(m): 12:07pm On Jul 28, 2017

1 Like

Re: 8 Great Tips To Become A Super Writer by CocoaOla: 12:08pm On Jul 28, 2017
Nice write up Op Educating

1 Like

Re: 8 Great Tips To Become A Super Writer by Opistorincos(m): 12:09pm On Jul 28, 2017
This is insightful
Re: 8 Great Tips To Become A Super Writer by felipemadero(m): 12:11pm On Jul 28, 2017
NA LIE!!!...IF U NO GET TALENT,FOGGERIT!!!

1 Like

Re: 8 Great Tips To Become A Super Writer by winkmart: 12:11pm On Jul 28, 2017
I write articles on any niche ooo, business, education, health, franchise, romance, children stories, tech, money and so on.

This thread has given me more insight.

Please if u need my service, mail me please

2 Likes

Re: 8 Great Tips To Become A Super Writer by blackbeau1(f): 12:12pm On Jul 28, 2017
And please if you are writing novels, make sure the first few pages of your novel has twist, something strong enough to keep readers hooked to the end. Avoid lengthy descriptions and extreme use of 'big' words.

7 Likes

Re: 8 Great Tips To Become A Super Writer by Kenny4lyfe(m): 12:13pm On Jul 28, 2017
Nice
Re: 8 Great Tips To Become A Super Writer by fergusen: 12:13pm On Jul 28, 2017
Nice. Following

1 Like

Re: 8 Great Tips To Become A Super Writer by Neduzze5(m): 12:22pm On Jul 28, 2017
You didn't mention reading articles written by other writers.

Go to some top blogs and see how their writers write. Read a lot of these articles and you would learn a lot in the process.

It gives you an insight as to how to better structure your articles and gain the attention of your readers.

Also, practice makes perfect. So when you read, go ahead and write something.

For a lot of people, money is a good motivator that pushes them to write.

If you're like that, look towards writing some paid articles. That way you improve your skills in the process.

4 Likes

Re: 8 Great Tips To Become A Super Writer by twosquare(m): 12:22pm On Jul 28, 2017
Good one. Also, get an editor (http://www.proofreadmybook.com)
Re: 8 Great Tips To Become A Super Writer by mykh01(m): 12:24pm On Jul 28, 2017
Nice one op
Re: 8 Great Tips To Become A Super Writer by xamiel: 12:31pm On Jul 28, 2017
Alright.
Re: 8 Great Tips To Become A Super Writer by adejone(m): 12:32pm On Jul 28, 2017
This is really helpful. I have discovered my talent in writing lately and with this piece, I hope to be a better and professional writer. Thanks OP
Re: 8 Great Tips To Become A Super Writer by superhumanist(m): 12:55pm On Jul 28, 2017
Simple and nice write up.
Re: 8 Great Tips To Become A Super Writer by Enare(m): 12:58pm On Jul 28, 2017
This is really insightful and incredibly " make sense" tips on writing and blogging. Please, add more materials on this blogging subject to elicid and increase our mental prowess for efficient communication.
Re: 8 Great Tips To Become A Super Writer by Jackipapa: 1:32pm On Jul 28, 2017
What am I writing sef!
Re: 8 Great Tips To Become A Super Writer by Chibydinho(m): 1:33pm On Jul 28, 2017
Sounds good to see this make front page..

I'm implementing the tips immediately.
Re: 8 Great Tips To Become A Super Writer by Nobody: 1:42pm On Jul 28, 2017
Great article.
It's a gradual process but I know I will be good at this.

1 Like

Re: 8 Great Tips To Become A Super Writer by henrimoto(m): 2:16pm On Jul 28, 2017
winkmart:
I write articles on any niche ooo, business, education, health, franchise, romance, children stories, tech, money and so on.

This thread has given me more insight.

Please if u need my service, mail me please
Your Contact Pls.
Re: 8 Great Tips To Become A Super Writer by lifeispeace: 4:33pm On Jul 28, 2017
BiafranBushBoy:
After my last post How To Make Money as a writer in Nigeria, I got lots of questions regarding how to start writing. This will be our entry point for the newbies. Please read and digest.

I have been writing professionally for a while, and over time I hear and keep getting questions from people who keep asking “How Can I Become a Better Writer?” There is only a single answer to this question and that answer is

“Practice writing every day, Read and get to know about others who write.”

Writing is an art that is meant to be studied, felt and not just something you feel like doing just because you want to. It is more of imaginations, ability to join various words together and form sentences that become a beauty in the mind of readers. It is also about creating a write-up that is magical, an illusion that can keep your target audience captivated for a long period of time. If you can become a better writer, chances have it that you can make money from it as long as your brain remains functional.

If you are thinking about how to become a better writer, there’s some great news – the more you write the better you will become, so just keep writing. Of course, there are always things you can do to improve your writing. Let’s have a look at some ways to do that.

Become a blogger

Blogging is an easy way to become better at what you do and gain more experience, while for the most part working in a relatively relaxed writing environment. Nobody forces anything down your throat while writing on your blog and it is a better way to write from your own imagination. It also gives you room for improvement and adjustments. Besides, blogging is also a great way to make a living if you become good at it.

Limit your words

Writers tend to ramble on. In a bid to either to either make their article a bit lengthy to cover lots of aspects, they end up boring reader with write-ups that aren’t so important. The best way to keep your writing clear and concise is to simply limit how many words your content will hold. By doing so you force yourself to think about what you are writing. People often think that writing a few words will affect the quality of their write-up, but that isn’t the case. It is better to create something of little quantity with great quality than write loads of jargons that will bore readers.

Outline

When you are writing an e-book, print book, report, or an academic paper, creating an outline is a good place to start. To create an outline is like creating a mental picture of exactly what you wish to write, how you will write it and whom you are writing for. By creating an outline, you can create your structure for your writing.

Live passionately

If you are passionate about living, you’ll also be passionate when you write. You live once – take it in, wrap yourself in life, and ‘live.’ As a writer, this attitude will come through.

Write-Stop-Edit

You should do your writing, and then take a break before you start your edit so that you are looking at it with fresh eyes. A rule says you shouldn’t write under pressure or when the environment isn’t conducive. If you write and edit right away, your brain is smart and will often see what’s not there because it knows it should be there.

Learn daily new words

Every day learn a new word. Why? Because it expands your vocabulary and allows you to keep learning more. Trust me – it will be reflected in your writing.

Write & write some more

This is particularly helpful when you are writing longer content. Do your writing, stop and come back and expand the content you’ve written to ensure all necessary points are covered. A little break gives your brain a time out and when you return you will have thought of additional content that should be added.

Write with no distractions

Nothing will cause your writing to be poor than distractions. You need to have a quiet place where you can let your thoughts flow and the results will be good quality writing that’s desirable. This will help you if you want to avoid the Reasons You Will Fail as a Writer

There you have it – eight great tips on how to become a better writer. Why not give them a try today? The simple truth is that there is no way to improve your writing, other than to continually practice your craft. Write every day. Experiment, plan, revise, and revisit. Make challenges and deadlines and competitions. Push yourself and your writing will reward you. I promise. Write something inspired by a writer you admire and then write something completely your own.

This is really inspiring...
Will surely use your tips....
Good day wink
Re: 8 Great Tips To Become A Super Writer by Nobody: 6:46pm On Jul 28, 2017
sight you bro @biafranbushboy

drabeey was HERE

felipemadero:
NA LIE!!!...IF U NO GET TALENT,FOGGERIT!!!

hin.no get anybody wey no.get talent bro
Re: 8 Great Tips To Become A Super Writer by Galacious1: 10:01pm On Jul 28, 2017
Nice one, op
Re: 8 Great Tips To Become A Super Writer by Austin234(m): 10:23pm On Jul 28, 2017
My services are available. 'TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN'. ;
I am a niche writer on Agriculture, Business, Health, Politics, Religion etc
Re: 8 Great Tips To Become A Super Writer by Aliyah9: 1:39pm On Apr 14, 2018
Great tips, already bookmarked your post! I would also add the necessity of reading, as other writers can be rather inspiring and enrich our vocabulary with new words and phrases. Here's another excellent article highlighting peculiarities of writer's profession https://blog.payoneer.com/freelancers/writing-content/considering-a-freelance-ghostwriter-career-is-it-for-you/ , perfect for people eager to become a freelance writer and to build a career in this creative area. You will also find out what a ghostwriter is and what challenges he meets on his way.

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Sim Card... / Mara The Lesbian - Episode 1 (18+only) / Boarding Girls: Jessica's Story

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.