Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,845 members, 7,851,876 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 09:38 AM

I Will Be The Last Person To Condemn Biafra – Gani Adams (OPC) - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Will Be The Last Person To Condemn Biafra – Gani Adams (OPC) (3379 Views)

'I Am Not Afraid To Condemn The Attacks On Christians And Churches'' VP Osinbajo / Igbo Leaders Visit To Gani Adams, OPC Leader, Sparks Outrage (Photos) / Yorubas Are Solidly Behind The Creation Of Biafra- Gani Adams (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Will Be The Last Person To Condemn Biafra – Gani Adams (OPC) by BiafraBushBoy(m): 12:19pm On Jul 29, 2017
Guestlander:

What is the historical similarity between the countries you mentioned and Nigeria? You can only compare two things that are similar.
How is the American experience similar to Nigeria and how is the Ethiopian and South African experience similar to ours?

I just listed countries who fought fr their independence!!

That they agitated and got their independence makes them uncivilized?

The South west is the reason the country is still together. The northerners (parasites) aren't ready to leave their host (south).

So the Yorubas claiming not to agitate but only observe things, is just an act of Cowardice.

Nigeria is just a place inhabited by various countries!!.... This lead me to my question...

Are the Yorubas happy with Nigeria?

If No, why are they not joining the agitation?

7 Likes

Re: I Will Be The Last Person To Condemn Biafra – Gani Adams (OPC) by Guestlander: 12:26pm On Jul 29, 2017
BiafraBushBoy:

I just listed countries who fought fr their independence!!

That they agitated and got their independence makes them uncivilized?

The South west is the reason the country is still together. The northerners (parasites) aren't ready to leave their host (south).

So the Yorubas claiming not to agitate but only observe things, is just an act of Cowardice.

Nigeria is just a place inhabited by various countries!!.... This lead me to my question...

Are the Yorubas happy with Nigeria?

If No, why are they not joining the agitation?

Nigeria did not fight for independence because we were not involved in armed conflict with the British? By the way, Nigeria today is not ruled by a foreign power. If you want to form your own country then you should start by comparing yourself with countries like Eritrea and South Sudan.
India is far more diverse than Nigeria with similar multi ethnic composition, and they are making it work. If Biafrans must secede from Nigeria good luck to them but they must refrain from using blackmail against Yoruba by calling us cowards because we may have a different view.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Will Be The Last Person To Condemn Biafra – Gani Adams (OPC) by dudebuck: 12:41pm On Jul 29, 2017
Guestlander:

Nigeria did not fight for independence because we were not involved in armed conflict with the British? By the way, Nigeria today is not ruled by a foreign power. If you want to form your own country then you should start comparing yourself with countries like Eritrea and South Sudan.
India is far more diverse than Nigeria with similar multi ethnic composition, and they are making it work. If Biafrans must secede from Nigeria good luck to them but they must refrain from using blackmail against Yoruba by calling us cowards because we may have a different view.
Somebody that doesn't know history is here posting junk. So yoh want to tell me you don't know the difference between India and British India, India is a great country while British India is a fraud just like Nigeria. British India also disintegrated into Pakistan, India, Myanmar (Burma), Bangladesh. Evem right now there is Baluchistan waiting in the side lines, so India can be compared rather to Biafra not Nigeria.

5 Likes

Re: I Will Be The Last Person To Condemn Biafra – Gani Adams (OPC) by eunisam: 12:41pm On Jul 29, 2017
“A situation that Nigerians cannot
believe their Information Minister is bad.
When the Information Minister says
anything now, nobody believes him.

the above comment made me pause for a while and ponder if I have ever believe the information minister.

if you believe the information Mister (minister)click share

if no click like

if none none of the above click quote.
Re: I Will Be The Last Person To Condemn Biafra – Gani Adams (OPC) by rainylad(f): 12:45pm On Jul 29, 2017
mazimee:
The West side are just being the cunning creatures they are.
They are waiting for this whole agitations to be a success so they can get away from the contraption.

But as usual, they are not ready to confront the bull by the horn.

..You know them..speaking from both sdes of the mouths and so two-faced is their forte..

..I pity those who listens and believes the nonsense they spew.

3 Likes

Re: I Will Be The Last Person To Condemn Biafra – Gani Adams (OPC) by Guestlander: 12:51pm On Jul 29, 2017
tifany89:

Dude plz spare us dat crap of being civilized, u n I know that isn't the issue here. Truth is Yorubas have been benefiting the most from the contraption hence they are reluctant about the division and all. I want to ask you, why all the disparations and insult on Kanu coz I know there is nothing he has said that certain persons haven't said worse, so why the hate?

Kanu is a hate monger. He started his Biafran agitation by insulting and threatening to kill Yoruba. He could have presented his case without the hate speeches. As for Biafra, I would grant their secession from Nigeria today if I had the power to do so.

2 Likes

Re: I Will Be The Last Person To Condemn Biafra – Gani Adams (OPC) by Warship: 12:52pm On Jul 29, 2017
BiafraBushBoy:

Did you follow the documentary of Mandela to south Africa's freedom?

No need for questions again. The emotions were soaring high... South Africans just wanted someone to be the focal point and they were ready to give up their lives in exchange, just like the Igbo's have been doing!!

When emotions are involved, there isn't much time fr questions.

The only shortcoming is... The region is divided now.

Those who have been established in other perts of the country and don't wana lose investments, and those who are willing to let go of all and see Biafra come tru!!

Right now, the anger is growing down there in the east, and there isn't much time to ask questions again.

I will end with this...

"Treat the surrendering Biafrans well, or their children will raise up arms again" Col Effiong.

What is happening now?

BTW, I am from Delta state and not even Igbo, but my parents fought on the Biafran side; hence the affinity.

Which ethnic group do you belong to
Re: I Will Be The Last Person To Condemn Biafra – Gani Adams (OPC) by Guestlander: 12:54pm On Jul 29, 2017
dudebuck:
Somebody that doesn't know history is here posting junk. So yoh want to tell me you don't know the difference between India and British India, India is a great country while British India is a fraud just like Nigeria. British India also disintegrated into Pakistan, India, Myanmar (Burma), Bangladesh. Evem right now there is Baluchistan waiting in the side lines, so India can be compared rather to Biafra not Nigeria.

Don't get yourself confused. I didn't mention British india in my post.
Re: I Will Be The Last Person To Condemn Biafra – Gani Adams (OPC) by myright: 1:08pm On Jul 29, 2017
verygudbadguy:

While I agree with you, I think we the Yorubas are just waiting for the best opportunity that guarantees no loss of lives. No sane Yoruba person will see death and sacrifice his head. As the saying goes, He who runs, leaves to fight another day. There has to be a better option than sacrificing lives. It is no act of cowardice but rather that of wisdom. When there is life, there is hope.

I salute the Igbos though. They are fearless and courageous.
without our bravery, there wouldn't had been many revolts in slave camps during the slave trade. We are fearless before our enemies. We don't fear any man born of a woman. We only fear Chukwu Okike Abiama

4 Likes

Re: I Will Be The Last Person To Condemn Biafra – Gani Adams (OPC) by maxdosh(m): 1:09pm On Jul 29, 2017
Built2last:
Make no mistake about it. The Yorubas want their own country. They just do not know how best to approach it. Hence , the passive sideline comments you get occasionally.

The Yorubas have nothing to loose but their chains.

No sane Yoruba man should attack Igbos for seeking to secede. It's a cry in the heart of many minorities in the middle belt. Igbos have only taken the lead.

Bros may God over shower you with blessings. Na wisdom just flow from your mind now. God bless u abeg
Re: I Will Be The Last Person To Condemn Biafra – Gani Adams (OPC) by Guestlander: 1:39pm On Jul 29, 2017
myright:
without our bravery, there wouldn't had been many revolts in slave camps during the slave trade. We are fearless before our enemies. We don't fear any man born of a woman. We only fear Chukwu Okike Abiama

Why don't you shut the fc.uk up. What's up with this stupid self glorification? There were too many slave revolts during the slave era, which one exactly was led by ibos?
The fearlessness did not get you Biafra at first attempt. You keep extolling your abilities without anything to show for it. And yes, you feared Benjamin Adekunle, he struck terror in the hearts of ibos.

1 Like

Re: I Will Be The Last Person To Condemn Biafra – Gani Adams (OPC) by dudebuck: 1:46pm On Jul 29, 2017
Guestlander:

Don't get yourself confused. I didn't mention British india in my post.
were you not the one who mentioned India in your post? You said India is diverse but they manage themselves but you forgit that India and Pakistan where the same country called British India.
Re: I Will Be The Last Person To Condemn Biafra – Gani Adams (OPC) by Freemancipation: 1:56pm On Jul 29, 2017
BiafraBushBoy:

It is as obvious as pregnancy!!

Fact remains that they disappointed that Nnamdi Kanu didn't lead a national revolution, instead he segmented himself to Igbo's alone

Who in his right senses would include a Yoruba man in any fight? No offence...

But research has shown that you would surely be stabbed when you least expect it!!

I am not being a tribalist, but i speak from experience.

Very true. Nnamdi Kanu is not stupid. He understands Nigerian mentality and limited his movement to Biafra. Look at the history of all the Igbomen that were pro Nigerian from Nnamdi azikiwe to nzeogu to ironsi
Re: I Will Be The Last Person To Condemn Biafra – Gani Adams (OPC) by Alfranco(m): 2:18pm On Jul 29, 2017
verygudbadguy:

Bros, everything up here makes you a tribalist. Your encounter with few Yorubas mean all Yorubas are the same abi?
So because Chinedu sold a fake belt to me or the Igbo guy that refilled the AC gas but didn't work well mean that all Igbos are fraudster. Hell no. I stay with Igbos in Lagos and I know what i pass through in their hands. I still won't generalize that all Igbos are tribalist.
You mirrored the voice of countless sane minds across the nations in the country by rebuffing such myopia at generalizing the Yorubas or any other ethnicities based on baseless views.

1 Like

Re: I Will Be The Last Person To Condemn Biafra – Gani Adams (OPC) by verygudbadguy(m): 2:21pm On Jul 29, 2017
Alfranco:

You mirrored the voice of countless sane minds across the nations in the country by rebuffing such myopia at generalizing the Yorubas or any other ethnicities based on baseless views.
Gbam!
Re: I Will Be The Last Person To Condemn Biafra – Gani Adams (OPC) by Warship: 2:22pm On Jul 29, 2017
Guestlander:

Why don't you shut the fc.uk up. What's up with this stupid self glorification? There were too many slave revolts during the slave era, which one exactly was led by ibos?
The fearlessness did not get you Biafra at first attempt. You keep extolling your abilities without anything to show for it. And yes, you feared Benjamin Adekunle, he struck terror in the hearts of ibos.

Haiti war of freedom was spearheaded by Igbo slaves
Re: I Will Be The Last Person To Condemn Biafra – Gani Adams (OPC) by Guestlander: 2:27pm On Jul 29, 2017
Warship:

Haiti war of freedom was spearheaded by Igbo slaves

Yeah right.
Re: I Will Be The Last Person To Condemn Biafra – Gani Adams (OPC) by humblenature: 2:34pm On Jul 29, 2017
MrRational2:
The National coordinator of the Oodua People’s Congress (OPC) Mr. Gani Adams has said that he would be the last person to condemn Biafra. Speaking recently in an interview with The Sun, he said he can’t ask people not to agitate for Biafrabecause it is their rights. He maintained he was one of the people who supported the release of the leader of Indigenous people of Biafra, Nnamdi Kanu.
“I would be the last person that would ask the Igbo people to stop the agitation for the Republic of Biafra. It is their right for self-determination. Look at the population of the Igbo people now and they are the most vibrant and widely travelled Nigerians.”
“I was one of those that supported the release of the leader of the Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB), Nnamdi Kanu. The crackdown on IPOB would not help matters because if they are determined for liberation, you cannot stop them no matter the force you use against them. So, I believe that the only way to resolves all these agitations is to go back to the Republican Constitution of 1963.”
While faulting the federal structure, Gani Adams called for a return to the 1963 constitution so that all states can grow at their pace. He said that we have reached the crossroads in Nigeria owing to heavy borrowing on the part of the Federal Government. He said the present government of Buhari is worse than that of Abacha due to the high level of deceit at the presidency. He lampooned the president for referring to Osinbajo as coordinating vice president when he left for London.
Excerpts;
“It is a new experience in the history of Nigeria. As a matter of fact, I believe that we have reached the crossroads. Few days ago, the Federal Government released a statement that they cannot pay the salaries of civil servants any more unless they borrow money about $7billion.”
“That kind of thing has never happened in the history of this country. Look at the scenario of President Muhammadu Buhari sending a letter to the National Assembly purporting that the Vice President, Yemi Osinbajo that would act for him would be coordinating government affairs in his absence.”
“All these show that we are seeing new developments in Buhari’s government. In the history of this nation, Nigeria has never appointed a retired military officer to be the Comptroller General of the Nigerian Customs. So many things that have never happened before, we have witnessed it within the last two years of Buhari’s administration.”
“Any person that is concerned about the progress of Nigeria should see the situation as worrisome. There is no stability in the economy, there is no consistency in government’s policies and there is so much false information coming from the nation’s seat of power.”
“During the government of the late Head of State, Gen Sani Abacha, a similar scenario played out whereby a lot of falsehood was coming out from the presidency. I believe that this government is even worse than the regime of Abacha in terms of dissemination of information to the public.”
“A situation that Nigerians cannot believe their Information Minister is bad. When the Information Minister says anything now, nobody believes him. It is a very dangerous trend. I think the government should be very careful so that the citizens would not totally lose confidence in the administration.”
Cc

Lalasticlala
Ishilove
Semid4lyfe
Obinoscopy
http://mrrationalblog..in/2017/07/i-will-be-last-person-to-condemn-biafra.html
they will not come and put dis one in front page now..heediots
Re: I Will Be The Last Person To Condemn Biafra – Gani Adams (OPC) by humblenature: 2:34pm On Jul 29, 2017
MrRational2:
The National coordinator of the Oodua People’s Congress (OPC) Mr. Gani Adams has said that he would be the last person to condemn Biafra. Speaking recently in an interview with The Sun, he said he can’t ask people not to agitate for Biafrabecause it is their rights. He maintained he was one of the people who supported the release of the leader of Indigenous people of Biafra, Nnamdi Kanu.
“I would be the last person that would ask the Igbo people to stop the agitation for the Republic of Biafra. It is their right for self-determination. Look at the population of the Igbo people now and they are the most vibrant and widely travelled Nigerians.”
“I was one of those that supported the release of the leader of the Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB), Nnamdi Kanu. The crackdown on IPOB would not help matters because if they are determined for liberation, you cannot stop them no matter the force you use against them. So, I believe that the only way to resolves all these agitations is to go back to the Republican Constitution of 1963.”
While faulting the federal structure, Gani Adams called for a return to the 1963 constitution so that all states can grow at their pace. He said that we have reached the crossroads in Nigeria owing to heavy borrowing on the part of the Federal Government. He said the present government of Buhari is worse than that of Abacha due to the high level of deceit at the presidency. He lampooned the president for referring to Osinbajo as coordinating vice president when he left for London.
Excerpts;
“It is a new experience in the history of Nigeria. As a matter of fact, I believe that we have reached the crossroads. Few days ago, the Federal Government released a statement that they cannot pay the salaries of civil servants any more unless they borrow money about $7billion.”
“That kind of thing has never happened in the history of this country. Look at the scenario of President Muhammadu Buhari sending a letter to the National Assembly purporting that the Vice President, Yemi Osinbajo that would act for him would be coordinating government affairs in his absence.”
“All these show that we are seeing new developments in Buhari’s government. In the history of this nation, Nigeria has never appointed a retired military officer to be the Comptroller General of the Nigerian Customs. So many things that have never happened before, we have witnessed it within the last two years of Buhari’s administration.”
“Any person that is concerned about the progress of Nigeria should see the situation as worrisome. There is no stability in the economy, there is no consistency in government’s policies and there is so much false information coming from the nation’s seat of power.”
“During the government of the late Head of State, Gen Sani Abacha, a similar scenario played out whereby a lot of falsehood was coming out from the presidency. I believe that this government is even worse than the regime of Abacha in terms of dissemination of information to the public.”
“A situation that Nigerians cannot believe their Information Minister is bad. When the Information Minister says anything now, nobody believes him. It is a very dangerous trend. I think the government should be very careful so that the citizens would not totally lose confidence in the administration.”
Cc

Lalasticlala
Ishilove
Semid4lyfe
Obinoscopy
http://mrrationalblog..in/2017/07/i-will-be-last-person-to-condemn-biafra.html
they will not come and put dis one in front page now.heediots
Re: I Will Be The Last Person To Condemn Biafra – Gani Adams (OPC) by BiafraBushBoy(m): 2:59pm On Jul 29, 2017
Warship:

Which ethnic group do you belong to

I don't just know. I am as confused as other South Southerns . lol

One thing I know... I am a Biafra supporter.

2 Likes

Re: I Will Be The Last Person To Condemn Biafra – Gani Adams (OPC) by nokatakata: 3:22pm On Jul 29, 2017
Built2last:
Make no mistake about it. The Yorubas want their own country. They just do not know how best to approach it. Hence , the passive sideline comments you get occasionally.

The Yorubas have nothing to loose but their chains.

No sane Yoruba man should attack Igbos for seeking to secede. It's a cry in the heart of many minorities in the middle belt. Igbos have only taken the lead.

The yorubas should speak louder. They don't have to insult but they need to speak more often and make it known that country is not working and the solution is for everybody to find their level. This style of playing smart and looking at what will happen if their son is not allowed to become president doesn't make sense. The south needs to speak with one voice and let the born to rule understand that if they want one nigeria, they must change their annoying attitude of depending on holding onto government to live a normal life. if one nigeria is not working, let us all go our separate ways. We will always have the problem of tribal and religious sentiments if we continue with Nigeria, but if we all go our separate ways, no boko haram will come to osun or abia to attack you with your own army destroying them totally. No fulani man will carry their cows from borno to oyo or delta state to destroy people's farm without getting dealt with and getting help from their soldier brothers as usual. things need to change for peace to reign.
Re: I Will Be The Last Person To Condemn Biafra – Gani Adams (OPC) by BabaRamota1980: 3:26pm On Jul 29, 2017
verygudbadguy:

Lol. OK, lemme ask. Which spirit do you possess at the moment, that of God or the Devil? Your question will lead us to another angle.

While I was trying to download a TVseries on toxicwap, the spirit of the devil pointed to the porn ads by the side and the spirit of God resisted saying that it is not of God.

Dude, you saw porn and you ignored to click and watch. You wasted it. undecided

Next time you see porn like that dont let it go to waste, send me the link. Ok? cool
Re: I Will Be The Last Person To Condemn Biafra – Gani Adams (OPC) by Built2last: 3:27pm On Jul 29, 2017
nokatakata:

The yorubas should speak louder. They don't have to insult but they need to speak more often and make it known that country is not working and the solution is for everybody to find their level. This style of playing smart and looking at what will happen if their son is not allowed to become president doesn't make sense. The south needs to speak with one voice and let the born to rule understand that if they want one nigeria, they must change their annoying attitude of depending on holding onto government to live a normal life. if one nigeria is not working, let us all go our separate ways. We will always have the problem of tribal and religious sentiments if we continue with Nigeria, but if we all go our separate ways, no boko haram will come to osun or abia to attack you with your own army destroying them totally. No fulani man will carry their cows from borno to oyo or delta state to destroy people's farm without getting dealt with and getting help from their soldier brothers as usual. things need to change for peace to reign.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YdbCYXcoaAw

Gradually but steadily

1 Like

Re: I Will Be The Last Person To Condemn Biafra – Gani Adams (OPC) by verygudbadguy(m): 3:49pm On Jul 29, 2017
BabaRamota1980:

Next time you see porn like that dont let it go to waste, send me the link. Ok? cool
cheesy grin... After giving birth to Ramota, you still self-service? The last time I did that shit was like 17 years ago.
Re: I Will Be The Last Person To Condemn Biafra – Gani Adams (OPC) by BabaRamota1980: 5:25pm On Jul 29, 2017
nokatakata:

If you observe it should be clear to you by now that Yorubas are builders. We improve upon society. We add to what is good and beneficial.
Breaking ties of communal continuity is not beneficial to society or humanity. Therefore we believe that effort must continually be spent shaping improvements and progress and giving gains to people and their future. We are at a point that Nigeria must be improved and transform.

There are two options available to us to demonstrate transformation -

1. Restructuring -
This mode of transformation changes the internal contracts of associatiin and aligns the political organization to match with natural endowments that serve as reference point for progress and growth. The external alliances and treaties are retained.

2. Sovereingty -
This mode redefines Nigeria externally and along demarcation points pre-existing the formation of Nigeria. Everything intimate to the internal associations and fraternity is disrupted and all the gains previously accruing is brought to a standstill.

Yoruba can afford restructuring as a desirable optjon, and we can equally actualiza Sovereingty as an undesirable but necessary option. Over 95% of our production and capital investments is localized in Yorubaland. In the event we transform Sovereingty Yoruba risk disrupting 5% value stream to our economy and society. Restructuring on the other hand keep all 100% value stream in place.

In contrast to this, what is Ibo risking by actualizing a Biafran Sovereingty? Could you opt for restructuring and keep your trading networks and spread intact? Yes, you can.

So its not bravery when you shout Biafra up and down....its lack of vision and wisdom. Reason in terms of risk, not in your bravery.
Re: I Will Be The Last Person To Condemn Biafra – Gani Adams (OPC) by BabaRamota1980: 5:52pm On Jul 29, 2017
verygudbadguy:

cheesy grin... After giving birth to Ramota, you still self-service? The last time I did that shit was like 17 years ago.

I go watch porn as long dis thing still dey rise up,ramota or no ramota! cheesy
Re: I Will Be The Last Person To Condemn Biafra – Gani Adams (OPC) by BabaRamotu1988: 5:56pm On Jul 29, 2017
BabaRamota1980:

me too i love watching porn ramotu or no ramotu cool
Re: I Will Be The Last Person To Condemn Biafra – Gani Adams (OPC) by BabaRamotu1988: 5:57pm On Jul 29, 2017
[s]
BabaRamota1980:

If you observe it should be clear to you by now that Yorubas are builders. We improve upon society. We add to what is good and beneficial.
Breaking ties of communal continuity is not beneficial to society or humanity. Therefore we believe that effort must continually be spent shaping improvements and progress and giving gains to people and their future. We are at a point that Nigeria must be improved and transform.

There are two options available to us to demonstrate transformation -

1. Restructuring -
This mode of transformation changes the internal contracts of associatiin and aligns the political organization to match with natural endowments that serve as reference point for progress and growth. The external alliances and treaties are retained.

2. Sovereingty -
This mode redefines Nigeria externally and along demarcation points pre-existing the formation of Nigeria. Everything intimate to the internal associations and fraternity is disrupted and all the gains previously accruing is brought to a standstill.

Yoruba can afford restructuring as a desirable optjon, and we can equally actualiza Sovereingty as an undesirable but necessary option. Over 95% of our production and capital investments is localized in Yorubaland. In the event we transform Sovereingty Yoruba risk disrupting 5% value stream to our economy and society. Restructuring on the other hand keep all 100% value stream in place.

In contrast to this, what is Ibo risking by actualizing a Biafran Sovereingty? Could you opt for restructuring and keep your trading networks and spread intact? Yes, you can.

So its not bravery when you shout Biafra up and down....its lack of vision and wisdom. Reason in terms of risk, not in your bravery.
[/s]
Stop typing nonsense and go and watch porn grin
Re: I Will Be The Last Person To Condemn Biafra – Gani Adams (OPC) by BabaRamotu1988: 5:58pm On Jul 29, 2017
BabaRamota1980:

baba ramota oooooo

Pity your daughter naa because i don't do that to my daughter ramotu
Re: I Will Be The Last Person To Condemn Biafra – Gani Adams (OPC) by ESDKING: 6:06pm On Jul 29, 2017
Ok
Re: I Will Be The Last Person To Condemn Biafra – Gani Adams (OPC) by meritocrat: 6:17pm On Jul 29, 2017
THE SENATE ANTI-RESTRUCTURING VOTE, BIAFRA AGITATION AND THE REST OF US.

By Charles Ogbu

This is certainly not the best of time for Nigeria. And most certainly not for the advocates of #OneNigeria as Tuesday's "No Devolution Of Power" vote at the floor of the Senate appears to have finally given a very serious form of institutional credence to the assertion by the Nnamdi kanu led Biafran movement that the Nigeria state is unsalvageable.

But beyond the rhetorics and verbal gymnastics, there are some wildly held opinions which the Senate vote has simply elevated to the status of fact. Here are some of them:

1: It is not the Senate as an institution that doesn't want a restructured Nigeria. It is the North as a region. Sadly, long years of military rule championed by mostly northern military officers have succeded in skewing the political equation of Nigeria in favour of the North. As it stands now, the North is in a default position to hold the rest of the country to ransom and that is exactly what is happening. She gets whatever she wants no matter how scandalous such a want might seem and she ensures that what the other region wants doesn't see the light of day no matter how fair and just such a want might be. Even with the combination of the numerical strength of southern lawmakers, the North still has the veto power.

North East Development Commission bill was passed into law almost before it was even presented on the floor of the parliament. But, a bill to "gift" Lagos state with special status was killed. A bill to set up a development commission for the southeast was equally shut down. Before the adulterated version of PIB was allowed to pass 2nd reading, northern lawmakers made sure that Kano and Kaduna were included as beneficiaries of the Host Community fund even when those two northern states do not produce even one litre of oil.

2:No form of re-organization of the political and economic structure of the Nigerian state a.k.a restructuring, can be effected through the existing constitutional structure. The status-quo is terribly skewed in favour of the only region (North) currently benefiting from it.

The Yorubas want true federalism. The south south want to be in charge of their resources. Igbo elders want a well restructured Nigeria where every region will be able to harness her full potentials and develop at her own pace. Igbo youths, under Nnamdi kanu, is agitating for a total separation from Nigeria because they believe the North which holds the numerical advantage in every facets of state institution here would never allow for restructuring.

Under close examination, the aspirations by the aforementioned peoples/groups are not mutually exclusive but the bitter truth is that no amount of sophistry and beautiful poetry robed in flawless grammar will give us restructuring.

It was the height of naivity in the first place to assume that our Northern neighbours will willingly relinquish the undue advantage their military heads of state gifted them with, without a fight.

The North will never allow for a restructured Nigeria UNLESS she is confronted with an alternative such as a determined quest for a referendum by the other component units.

It is at this point that we must all admit that the leader of Indigenous People Of Biafra, Nnamdi Kanu, has been right all along. The action of the Northern Senate caucus has further legitimised the Biafra struggle. Above all, it has buried the argument that the Biafra strong man, Kanu, should use institutionalized politics to push his quest for a referendum.

Contrary to a very popular Igbo saying, what the young man, Nnamdi Kanu, saw while lying down, the elders have failed to see even while comfortably perched ontop of iroko tree.

Our biggest mistake was antagonizing the IPOB leader rather than seizing the momentous occasion his Biafra agitation gifted us with to demand in practical terms, an end to the grave injustices and institutionalized daylight roquery in the Nigerian system.

How can it be that an "Emeka" from Akpugo-Nkanu in Enugu state must score not less than 120 to get admitted into federal govt unity college while an "Ibrahim" from Daura in Katsina state only needs to score 10 to be admitted into the same unity college......in the same country? And paradoxically funny enough, this same Ibrahim will most likely end up as the president of Nigeria even if he decides not to finish his secondary school education while the more intellectually endowed Emeka has less than 1% chance of even getting a job at the end of his academic sojourn??

Why should a state like Kano have the right to operate a parallel system of govt with sharia court (judiciary), sharia police known as the Hisbah working under the office of the governor (Executive) plus another very powerful body known as the Sharia commission (legislature) in the same country where Ekiti state governor, Ayo Fayose, was almost crucified for setting up a security outfit to confront the marauding fulani herdsmen??

Institutionalized injustices such as these should be unacceptable even by the lowest moral standard of natural justice.

The enemies of Nigeria are not those pushing for her balkanization due to entrenched injustices in the system. The real enemies are the beneficiaries of the unjust system who have sworn to allow neither restructuring nor a referendum for us to determine our future. It is very important that we always remember this fact.

The fact that the advocates of restructuring are yet to hit the street in protest over the Senate action is a grave indictment on their seriousness and collective resolve as a group.

One thing is certain, the maintainability of the status-quo IS NOT an option.

Eventually, something must give.

The position of not just the Igbos but every southerner today DOES NOT call for political correctness.

By making a comprehensive restructuring of the system impossible, the North is only making the complete balkanization of the country inevitable.

1 Like

Re: I Will Be The Last Person To Condemn Biafra – Gani Adams (OPC) by verygudbadguy(m): 8:04pm On Jul 29, 2017
BabaRamota1980:

Hahahahaha grin grin cheesy

(1) (2) (Reply)

Buhari Nearly Fell From Stage In Lokoja / Season Of Politics Over, Hit The Ground Running, Ugwuanyi Tells New Appointees / Lagos Needs To Be Decongested And Migration Need To Be Controlled.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 110
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.