Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,971 members, 7,825,037 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 01:23 AM

Should I Send My Father This Message Our Family Is tearing apart - Family (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Should I Send My Father This Message Our Family Is tearing apart (34943 Views)

My Husband's Family Is Sucking Him Dry / She Is Single And Living On Rented Apartment, Away From Family ! Is It Good? / My Family Is Tearing Apart! Help (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should I Send My Father This Message Our Family Is tearing apart by Emmaculate77(m): 4:04pm On Jul 30, 2017
eyinjuege:
If your mother's people can find her some money to get something doing they will be a nice idea.
As for your father, he's a lost cause. He'll only become normal when he's old and needs someone to look after him.
If his people can help your mum and your younger ones out too, to pay their school fees, that would be nice. But it's better your mum finds something doing too.
She can be a nanny to young couples who are both working to save up some money, or if her relatives can contribute some money for her to start a trade.
Re: Should I Send My Father This Message Our Family Is tearing apart by Nobody: 4:54pm On Jul 30, 2017
dfrost:

Excellent advise right? Beni.ta27, I've seen your signature albeit oblige me to ask: have you ever been in the OP's situation?
No. My dad passed when I was little and based on what I was told by my siblings: he wasn't irresponsible, though, he and my mum did have their differences. Theirs was about 32 when he passed.
Re: Should I Send My Father This Message Our Family Is tearing apart by Donkonyon: 5:06pm On Jul 30, 2017
My younger brother, I understand how you feel right now , because I have once been in your shoes. My advice to you is to keep off between a husband and wife matter, I understand very well that the person involved is your father, but please and please again, keep off, as long as your dad is not getting physical with your mum, keep off. From your story, your dad is a chronic womaniser and the best you can do for him is to put him in prayers, hand him over to God. He is the only one that can save him, because womanising is more of a spiritual issue. A normal father cannot neglect the challenges in his house and be assisting other. Just concentrate on your education for now.
Re: Should I Send My Father This Message Our Family Is tearing apart by TheCongo2: 5:56pm On Jul 30, 2017
Medunah:

I care less about his father's side of the story......no matter what's happened, it's not enough for him to neglect his children!! even if his wife has done something wrong to him, does that stop him from being a good father to his kids?? or will u cut off ur nose just to spite ur face??

and when these kids become successful in life, he will want to reap where he didn't sow. Rubbish

I like that.

1 Like

Re: Should I Send My Father This Message Our Family Is tearing apart by TheCongo2: 5:58pm On Jul 30, 2017
Benita27:
Ok Sir, but don't send your dad that letter. We have elders for a reason.

What if the elders are on his dad payroll?

1 Like

Re: Should I Send My Father This Message Our Family Is tearing apart by TheCongo2: 6:24pm On Jul 30, 2017
Fawklicant:

Exactly. I used to get infuriated whenever one of my neighbours lashed out at his wife for a period. The man would just just insult her at the slightest provocation calling her all sorts of names, pig, idiot etc. And this ugleee man is married to a very pretty woman with a body to die for.
Well, my perception changed when I noticed that the woman is a serial cheat and the man was just lashing out to vent his frustaration and helplessness. This woman would take calls in the kitchen while observing the husband through the peephole and cut such calls whenever the man approached. She would leave the house giggling and smiling while talking on the phone immediately after hubby leaves.

She even made passes at people I know.

I cannot vouch for anybody, let alone a woman. They always have a way of playing victim everytime.

And you actually saw her in her kitchen doing this, correct?
You say she is very pretty with a body to die for. So, maybe she started cheating on her ugly monster after the abuse had started.
She was living with an ugly man who showed no affection while thousand of people outside was ready to make her feel like she was everything.

3 Likes

Re: Should I Send My Father This Message Our Family Is tearing apart by dfrost: 9:25pm On Jul 30, 2017
Benita27:
No. My dad passed when I was little and based on what I was told by my siblings: he wasn't irresponsible, though, he and my mum did have their differences. Theirs was about 32 when he passed.

Oops! Sorry about that. Pardon my inquiry. Just that I'm always of the opinion that one will never understand what people pass through unless you have been in their shoes.

1 Like

Re: Should I Send My Father This Message Our Family Is tearing apart by Nobody: 9:29pm On Jul 30, 2017
dfrost:

Oops! Sorry about that. Pardon my inquiry. Just that I'm always of the opinion that one will never understand what people pass through unless you have been in their shoes.
That's true. The op's case is a different situation entirely, from the story and how humans behave one could tell the outcome if he confronts his dad.
Re: Should I Send My Father This Message Our Family Is tearing apart by ebby9z(m): 9:57pm On Jul 30, 2017
Donjazzy12:

I was angered by the boys audacity in rubbishing his father on social media. He forgot that he is a man who someday will marry and have kids. He forgot that the law of Karma is especially effective when a child goes against any of his parents for whatever reason.
As for you, duckling, you should also have understood that my anger stemmed from the fact that the idiot was not really looking for advice but support as he has already drafted a letter to his dad.
Writing his dad that rash letter would lead to a lot of compounded issues that might not likely go away. He'd gonna regret it and would wish he could undo it. However, that's what's called immaturity and delinquency. And since he has come here for mature advice, I believe advising him strongly but reasonably would save him instead of hurting insults at him.
Re: Should I Send My Father This Message Our Family Is tearing apart by dfrost: 10:03pm On Jul 30, 2017
Benita27:
That's true. The op's case is a different situation entirely, from the story and how humans behave one could tell the outcome if he confronts his dad.

Yes you are right about that.
Re: Should I Send My Father This Message Our Family Is tearing apart by cuteoly(f): 11:40pm On Jul 30, 2017
My dear, just relax till you are independent. My Dad's case was worse than your father's own, he even sleeps with the ladies staying with us then while my mom gives them space and pretends like she doesn't know what's happening but my elder brother condoned all till the week he came back from his youth service. He confronted my Dad and there was war, my father ended up taking the matter to the police station and the way people insulted my Dad made him change abit.
He later turned to a saint before he died, I remember back then in the hospital when he was sick, he would call my mom all sorts of sweet names asking her to forgive him that he was carried away by worldly things. That she is a good woman that God blessed him with but that he started mishaving. My Dad could just sit and cry for the whole day after remembering all his wayward life while he was sick.
Do not worry yourself, God will judge him. Just tell your mom to still be submissive that God will reward her. Ur Dad will later come back to his senses.

2 Likes

Re: Should I Send My Father This Message Our Family Is tearing apart by LorenzoWisdom(m): 5:42pm On Aug 01, 2017
na wa
Re: Should I Send My Father This Message Our Family Is tearing apart by bukatyne(f): 6:20pm On Aug 01, 2017
Benita27:
I've come to the realisation that when there're issues between parents, the "Mother" usually gets sympathy from the kids. There's no smoke without fire. That you haven't caught your mum cheating doesn't mean she may not have cheated on your dad ever. I don't support the domestic violence but this isn't your call but elders. It's disrespectful calling his bluff for him. Let an older person with more wisdom handle this issue, your actions could aggravate things.

The first paragraph of your letter shows you took your mother's side and your dad would see it that way. Why not write him another letter, telling him of the good times you all shared together as a family, and stating why you would love him to change and make things work between him and your mum. Do this then invite the elders to talk to them both.

Most marriages go through this phase over time 'cause "Love" isn't enough. What they need to live with is wisdom.

In most cases, when a woman is married, she tries hard not to lose the marriage and swallows a lot of shit from her husband. Her children sees it and naturally will take her 'side'. Children are not stupid that's why sometimes, they will side with the parent painted evil when they can see the truth.

On the average, nothing stops a Nigerian husband from dumping a wife and picking the next one so why should he accommodate her excesses?

If a parent is visibly maltreating a partner (not hearsay), it is the duty of children to settle whatever rift is between their parents or provide support to the maltreated party.

1 Like

Re: Should I Send My Father This Message Our Family Is tearing apart by bukatyne(f): 6:22pm On Aug 01, 2017
Prosper24:

My mom can, the most painful thing is the little the man has he is still sharing it with his concubines. Up till date my dad prefers to show himself outside and let the family manage.

A man who worked for years before his retirement, had cars and even dashed one out couldn't complete his house till date.

I understand.

I know someone who left his wife because.... (fill in the gap) when he retire and collected his gratuity. After lavishing it on women, he came back home like a prodigal son after years of separation.

It can be very painful with people telling you to forgive.
Re: Should I Send My Father This Message Our Family Is tearing apart by bukatyne(f): 6:29pm On Aug 01, 2017
MadCow1:

So you want to disown your father.. grin Nna you must be very stupiid. Youths of today have let Wizkid and Davido erode their ability to reason.

Now listen before you let the small aji amu (pubic hair) you started growing last week deceive you into doing something extremely unproductive and foolish, go to Mama Tega's shop, collect 1 SK of 200 Naira and rizla, find a nice quiet place where Police no go catch you and smoke the whole thing. When you call down, ask yourself what that foolish letter aims to achieve and what will it solve.

Taking your story to be true, that means your mother is in an abusive marriage. I will hazard a guess that you are the Di Opkara (first born Son) of the house. That means you should always be around to protect your mother from your father's wrath in case it goes overboard. If you are not in that house, you can't protect your mother. I am not saying fight your Father, but take whatever measures are necessary to only stop the beating and nothing more.

If your father is indeed a philanderer, there is nothing you can do about it. I have a strong feeling your mother will not leave your father so you have to hurry up and grow up, find a genuine hustle, step up and become the provider for your mother and siblings.

I can bet your mother will never leave your father as it is almost always the situation in these types of cases. I suggest you start recording these acts of violence towards your mother whenever they happen for posterity sake as you never know when you may need it. But whatever you do, do not leave your mother alone without protection. Also do not confront your father. Nothing good will come out of it. If your father kicks all of you out today, do you have any support outside? If No, then patience and tolerance should become your mantra. Don't antagonize him.

Try and consult any elders that he listens to and respects. Approach them with solid evidence like the videos you would have recorded and photos you would have taken and more (not verbal accusations). Only they can talk sense into his head and even then, nothing says he will listen or change. In fact depending on the type of Man he is, it may worsen things.

Don't let your tostestorone push you into making any rash decisions.

A word is enough for the wise.

Madcow..

@Prosper24,

Really agree with this.

When you can take of your mum and siblings, just arrange for her to travel from one place to another or start doing all sort of courses

She is not divorced, she is not married either.... it is called married but living single.
Re: Should I Send My Father This Message Our Family Is tearing apart by bukatyne(f): 6:46pm On Aug 01, 2017
humblenature:
i have given up on women. i hate them . they are devilish and evil. even my mother too

Haa Haa!

Now I see the source of the problem.

It is well.
Re: Should I Send My Father This Message Our Family Is tearing apart by bukatyne(f): 6:55pm On Aug 01, 2017
cuteoly:
My dear, just relax till you are independent. My Dad's case was worse than your father's own, he even sleeps with the ladies staying with us then while my mom gives them space and pretends like she doesn't know what's happening but my elder brother condoned all till the week he came back from his youth service. He confronted my Dad and there was war, my father ended up taking the matter to the police station and the way people insulted my Dad made him change abit.
He later turned to a saint before he died, I remember back then in the hospital when he was sick, he would call my mom all sorts of sweet names asking her to forgive him that he was carried away by worldly things. That she is a good woman that God blessed him with but that he started mishaving. My Dad could just sit and cry for the whole day after remembering all his wayward life while he was sick.
Do not worry yourself, God will judge him. Just tell your mom to still be submissive that God will reward her. Ur Dad will later come back to his senses.

This is the issue

They always come back to their senses when they are sick and need care.

Why can't they 'repent' when they are still vibrant with something in their body to enjoy? angry sad

1 Like

Re: Should I Send My Father This Message Our Family Is tearing apart by humblenature: 8:58pm On Aug 01, 2017
bukatyne:

Haa Haa!

Now I see the source of the problem.

It is well.
SO NA SO U DEY SEE YOUR OWN ABI? YOU CARRY MICROSCOPE NOW U DON DIAGNOSE D PATIENT. QUACK DOCTOR . ABEG SHIFT MAKE I HEAR WORD. EBEANO
Re: Should I Send My Father This Message Our Family Is tearing apart by TheCongo2: 12:06am On Aug 02, 2017
Phinalphantasy:

1. Your father will turn a new leaf after all the kids become independent
2. By then all the kids attention would be on the mom, sponsoring her every needs and the dad would truly understand the consequences of all his actions
3. Wait till that time. The patient dog eats the most successful bone
4. Instead of letter, by the you would verbally say your mind to your dad. That convo is gonna be a teary one. Trust me.

Spoken from real life experience

My brother, when the kids attention would be on the mom, the father will be accusing the mom for turning the Kids against him. Trust me.

1 Like

Re: Should I Send My Father This Message Our Family Is tearing apart by Prosperkaro(m): 7:44pm On Aug 03, 2017
TonyeBarcanista:
Prosper is that you?
Certainly not.
Re: Should I Send My Father This Message Our Family Is tearing apart by Nobody: 9:59am On Aug 05, 2017
[quote author=Adorbs post=58966309][/quote]

i understand brother. my experience was terrible as well. going to uni alleviated mine.
Re: Should I Send My Father This Message Our Family Is tearing apart by Nobody: 11:00pm On Aug 05, 2017
Please get your mother away from your father before he kills her.
Re: Should I Send My Father This Message Our Family Is tearing apart by Adorbs: 7:46pm On Aug 07, 2017
Phinalphantasy:

i understand brother. my experience was terrible as well. going to uni alleviated mine.

I am a lady ☺
Re: Should I Send My Father This Message Our Family Is tearing apart by iDRAW(m): 5:11pm On Aug 19, 2017
TheCongo2:

Good day sir,

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

My Friend Needs Help, Six Children No Male Child? / Akwa-Ibom Baby Left To Starve & Die For Being A Witch In Healthy-Looking Photos / Did This Happen In Your Family While Growing Up? (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.