Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,742 members, 7,824,142 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:23 AM

Hired President In Nigeria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Hired President In Nigeria (572 Views)

CBN Secretly Hired 909 Staff Without Advert - Daily Trust (See Map) / Tobby Onyekele Murdered In A Pool Of Blood By Hired Assassins s(pictured) / Mammoth Crowd Waiting For Mr President In Kano (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Hired President In Nigeria by Shoot2Kill: 2:22pm On Feb 09, 2010
Now this topic is just for opinion sake I want to see what you all think about this idea. Our beloved country has existed for 49 years and has been lead by Nigerians for all those 49years.Unfortunately, Nigeria is still a very backward country. A country like South Korea which was a country recovering from war in 1960 has since licked it’s wounds and become one of the world biggest economies.

Have any of you ever thought about Nigeria having a fresh start? Military regimes have failed us, so has political parties. Is Democracy really made for Africa and Africans because if you look at Africa, democracy seems to be failing us? Democracy is a western system of government which was imposed on us. Can’t we as African create our own unique system of government which will be suitable for us? Even Ghana that everyone is shouting about is backward in terms of infrastructure and economic planning.

I have an idea that many people will hate. My idea is for Nigeria to do away with democracy and instead use a system whereby a panel of experts from various universities is set up to advertise the position of the president ,vice president ,governors ,ministers and other government positions in newspapers.

This panel will interview potential candidates from all over the world who will be interested in taking up these positions. The best candidates will be hired.The panel will control the Nigeria armed forces while the president and his colleagues will just be hired workers working to uplift Nigeria image and economy. The panel could be called the The Supreme Council of Nigeria. The panel will have the power to fire any president that is not performing ,while the people of Nigeria will hold elections every 5 years to vote in new panel members or retain the old ones. The panel will not interfere with the economy or handle the nation finances, the hired president and his hired cabinet will be in charge of boosting the economy and planning the nation’s infrastructures.

All budgets and spending in Government must be approved and signed by the panel before the president can have access to the funds. The nation’s fund will be in the coffers of the Nigerian Treasury ,no single individual will be able to sign a cheque or authorize a withdrawal ,all payments will only be made after all members of the panel as well as the hired panel have signed the withdrawal form.

In other words, the Nigerian government will become an organization which can be named the Nigerian Management Council headed by the hired president. These are just my thoughts; I will like to hear your views on this matter.

(1) (Reply)

Ondo To Spend N1b On Rural Projects / Kidnapping: Oni Wants To Implicate Us -ac / Now That We Have A President:

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.