Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,848 members, 7,810,270 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:06 AM

Point Of Correction To Google: Igedes Are Igede, Not Idoma - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Point Of Correction To Google: Igedes Are Igede, Not Idoma (19977 Views)

Breif History Of Igede People Of Bunue State / Beautiful Idoma Brides In Pictures / Igede Names And Their Meaning (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Point Of Correction To Google: Igedes Are Igede, Not Idoma by IgedeBushBoy(m): 1:55pm On Jul 30, 2017
To my utmost dismay, I found, recently that the Igede ethnic group of southern Benue was classified under the Idoma tribe on Benue map. More shocking, however, is the fact that with so much curiosity, checking for the list of Nigerian ethnic groups, Igede was also found to be missing!

Well, I'm sure Igede is not the only tribe suffering from that. At this Age, one is forced to wonder why in God's name a country as vibrant as Nigeria will still have tribes unaccounted for, shame! To make matters worse, in a State as vibrant as Benue (the last time I checked, Benue is among the top five most populous States in Nigeria, with the past Senate president hailing from there) . Igede is the 3rd largest ethnic group in Benue (after Tiv and Idoma!). The (ghost) Ibo-speaking part of the State is put into consideration, but no, not a far more populous one, SMH.

Well, fellow Nairalanders, I just pointed that out so you can understand your country, and criticize well. For those in the helms responsible for collating such data, IBB has woken your lazy ass to your job; arise and do the needful instead of relaxing in the comfort of your office, reading one Old Map and giving stupid reports from your comfort zone. Lastly, google should sack their entire information collation team.

***invoking lalasticlala** bro join me to let the people know oo
cc: Omenka

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Point Of Correction To Google: Igedes Are Igede, Not Idoma by BiafraBushBoy(m): 2:25pm On Jul 30, 2017
But why you copy my name na

Igedebushboy

Biafrabushboy.

Nawa ooo... Una sabi copy copy for Nigeria ooo

Enjoy this erotic story for the weekend!! Men of god should stay off!!

Vaseline crew... Welcome!!

Sad story of a sex slave

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Point Of Correction To Google: Igedes Are Igede, Not Idoma by omenka(m): 2:26pm On Jul 30, 2017
IgedeBushBoy:
To my utmost dismay, I found, recently that the Igede ethnic group of southern Benue was classified under the Idoma tribe on Benue map. More shocking, however, is the fact that with so much curiosity, checking for the list of Nigerian ethnic groups, Igede was also found to be missing!

Well, I'm sure Igede is not the only tribe suffering from that. At this Age, one is forced to wonder why in God's name a country as vibrant as Nigeria will still have tribes unaccounted for, shame! To make matters worse, in a State as vibrant as Benue (the last time I checked, Benue is among the top five most populous States in Nigeria, with the past Senate president hailing from there) . Igede is the 3rd largest ethnic group in Benue (after Tiv and Idoma!). The (ghost) Ibo-speaking part of the State is put into consideration, but no, not a far more populous one, SMH.

Well, fellow Nairalanders, I just pointed that out so you can understand your country, and criticize well. For those in the helms responsible for collating such data, IBB has woken your lazy ass to your job; arise and do the needful instead of relaxing in the comfort of your office, reading one Old Map and giving stupid reports from your comfort zone. Lastly, google should sack their entire information collation team.

There are lots of misleading info out there, especially when it comes down to issues relating to traditional heritage of people. Ours is just one in a million.

What you have just narrated is the same perception alot of people, especially on this forum, have about the Igede people. Moreso because an Idoma man represents us at the Senate. They feel we are a subset of the Idoma people not knowing that we are totally different from them and more closely related to some tribes in Cross River State in terms of custom and tradition and language.

I am looking to write a comprehensive article regarding this but time is what I've not been having lately. We need to fix the misconceptions out there asap.

Good job.

25 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Point Of Correction To Google: Igedes Are Igede, Not Idoma by IgedeBushBoy(m): 2:37pm On Jul 30, 2017
omenka:
There are lots of anomalies sad regards info out there, especially when it comes down to issues relating to traditional heritage of people. Ours is just one in a million.

What you have just narrated is the same perception alot of people, especially on this forum, have about the Igede people. Moreso because an Idoma man represents us at the Senate. They feel we are a subset of the Idoma people not knowing that we are totally different from them and more closely related to some tribes in Cross River State in terms of custom and tradition and language.

I am looking to write a comprehensive article regarding this but time is what I've not been having lately. We need to fix the misconceptions out there asap.

Good job.
Thanks bro. You took it spot on. Will be expecting your piece.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Point Of Correction To Google: Igedes Are Igede, Not Idoma by IgedeBushBoy(m): 3:19pm On Jul 30, 2017
BiafraBushBoy:
But why you copy my name na
Explain further bro

1 Like

Re: Point Of Correction To Google: Igedes Are Igede, Not Idoma by Sharon6(f): 5:04pm On Jul 30, 2017
Nice one

GET RID OF STRETCH MARKS, CHECK MY SIGNATURE!
Re: Point Of Correction To Google: Igedes Are Igede, Not Idoma by Nobody: 5:04pm On Jul 30, 2017
cheesy una neva ready.. You should be happy that google know that your village exist. Most Afonga LG is not even on Google. grin grin

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Point Of Correction To Google: Igedes Are Igede, Not Idoma by Histrings08(m): 5:05pm On Jul 30, 2017
Pfft... They're minority in their own state nd country

1 Like

Re: Point Of Correction To Google: Igedes Are Igede, Not Idoma by ogorwyne(f): 5:05pm On Jul 30, 2017
IgedeBushBoy:
Explain further bro
Is his question not simple enough? Why you copy e name?

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Point Of Correction To Google: Igedes Are Igede, Not Idoma by mosegifted: 5:06pm On Jul 30, 2017
HOW TO CROSS ROAD NOW IN NAIJA Look left and right for motor, keke and bike. Look up for Niger Delta Avenger's Missiles. Look down for bombs Look back for kidnappers Hold your bag tight and watch the person beside you. Then walk zig zag to avoid stray bullet. OK bye! But this is a serious issue......

grin grin

(VIP)

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Point Of Correction To Google: Igedes Are Igede, Not Idoma by falconey(m): 5:06pm On Jul 30, 2017
Spit on thread!
Re: Point Of Correction To Google: Igedes Are Igede, Not Idoma by Nobody: 5:06pm On Jul 30, 2017
grin grin grin grin

I hope the currency note is just your fantasy roaming wide Op?

2 Likes

Re: Point Of Correction To Google: Igedes Are Igede, Not Idoma by Tobium1(m): 5:06pm On Jul 30, 2017
Igede are few, but their girls are sooo beautiful

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Point Of Correction To Google: Igedes Are Igede, Not Idoma by fratermathy(m): 5:06pm On Jul 30, 2017
Is this not the same place that IPOB youths proclaim as a part of the phantom Benue Igbo?

Anyway, thanks for the clarification @IgedeBushBoy. Nobody can speak for a people better than the people themselves!

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Point Of Correction To Google: Igedes Are Igede, Not Idoma by BiafraBushBoy(m): 5:07pm On Jul 30, 2017
ogorwyne:

I just weak ooo...

Lol...

1 Like

Re: Point Of Correction To Google: Igedes Are Igede, Not Idoma by Noblefreeman(m): 5:08pm On Jul 30, 2017
are u.trying to tell us that you.now know something more than google.

as far as Iam concerned,igodo,sorry igede is part of Yoruba

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Point Of Correction To Google: Igedes Are Igede, Not Idoma by gurunlocker: 5:09pm On Jul 30, 2017
What's the difference between Igedes in Ekiti and Benue?

1 Like

Re: Point Of Correction To Google: Igedes Are Igede, Not Idoma by Nobody: 5:09pm On Jul 30, 2017
ogorwyne:

Why are you taking panadol for another person headache?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Point Of Correction To Google: Igedes Are Igede, Not Idoma by charleff512(m): 5:09pm On Jul 30, 2017
But you failed to mention that your people are also in Cross River state correct me if am wrong
Nice piece!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Point Of Correction To Google: Igedes Are Igede, Not Idoma by nnokwa042(m): 5:11pm On Jul 30, 2017
nigerian and tribe matter nawa,once person lose any post he will form another tribe,what is igede i hope the so called igede can understand idoma,

6 Likes

Re: Point Of Correction To Google: Igedes Are Igede, Not Idoma by gentlechyke(m): 5:12pm On Jul 30, 2017
K

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Point Of Correction To Google: Igedes Are Igede, Not Idoma by Nobody: 5:13pm On Jul 30, 2017
IgedeBushBoy:
Lastly, google should sack their entire information collation team.

Quite educational

Hope you've also contacted the Google Team...or are they on Nairaland?

5 Likes

Re: Point Of Correction To Google: Igedes Are Igede, Not Idoma by Sweetguy25: 5:14pm On Jul 30, 2017
An Idoma person once told me Igede people are their slaves. Is this true?

3 Likes

Re: Point Of Correction To Google: Igedes Are Igede, Not Idoma by CltrAltDel: 5:14pm On Jul 30, 2017
EntMirror:
cheesy [s]una neva ready.. You should be happy that google know that your village exist. Most Afonga LG is not even on Googl[/s]e. grin grin
See them Kanu Zombies always talking off point…. Even when the thread is not about yorubas, they cant but mention us. Who is fixated with who grin grin grin.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Point Of Correction To Google: Igedes Are Igede, Not Idoma by herkeym001(m): 5:14pm On Jul 30, 2017
Na so me self dey always SMH when some claim that Ilorin is Fulani's city.

7 Likes

Re: Point Of Correction To Google: Igedes Are Igede, Not Idoma by anyebedgreat: 5:14pm On Jul 30, 2017
Igede language is different from idoma language and I think it must have been an oversight for it not to be included in the list because languages like Akwaiya and ufiya are mentioned. But then, the Igedes have always been part of the idoma tribe. So are other languages like Akwaiya and ufiya . Mr Op didn't mention that the previous ochidoma was an Igede man. Though there has been much clamouring recently for the breaking away of the Igedes from the idoma nation (as a result of external political influence I think). But until the breakaway is sealed and the Adutu-Igede is upgraded to a first class chief, we are still one nation.

9 Likes

Re: Point Of Correction To Google: Igedes Are Igede, Not Idoma by benn94(m): 5:16pm On Jul 30, 2017
fratermathy:
Is this not the same place that IPOB youths proclaim as a part of the phantom Benue Igbo?

Anyway, thanks for the clarification @IgedeBushBoy. Nobody can speak for a people better than the people themselves!

Afonja stop trolling on IPOB issues and get a life

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Point Of Correction To Google: Igedes Are Igede, Not Idoma by Nobody: 5:17pm On Jul 30, 2017
Op, instead of blaming the government, why not just do the job for your tribe? Those tribes that have their presence on the map, were not there by chance. Members of those tribes did the job. So stop complaining and do the needful.

1 Like

Re: Point Of Correction To Google: Igedes Are Igede, Not Idoma by sirade(m): 5:17pm On Jul 30, 2017
fratermathy:

IPOB youths are actually giving some nightmare even during the day, you are seriously deteriorating.

At Op, I once had a colleague from Igede, they are easy to flow with.

One love to Igede brethren.

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Point Of Correction To Google: Igedes Are Igede, Not Idoma by SamuelAnyawu(m): 5:18pm On Jul 30, 2017
Oju and Obi L.G.A.

cc Omenka

2 Likes

Re: Point Of Correction To Google: Igedes Are Igede, Not Idoma by sugardad1(m): 5:19pm On Jul 30, 2017
IgedeBushBoy:

You forgot that we once had an Igede man as the Ochi doma! Oga stop confusing yourself!

8 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Giving And Recieving With The Left Hand. / Emir Sanusi Accused Of Fraud (Full Report) / An Insight On The Gbagyi People: Real Owners Of Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.