Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,645 members, 7,809,443 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:40 AM

Point Of Correction To Google: Igedes Are Igede, Not Idoma - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Point Of Correction To Google: Igedes Are Igede, Not Idoma (19971 Views)

Breif History Of Igede People Of Bunue State / Beautiful Idoma Brides In Pictures / Igede Names And Their Meaning (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Point Of Correction To Google: Igedes Are Igede, Not Idoma by Karlman: 5:20pm On Jul 30, 2017
...IGEDEBUSHBOY

are you high on mental medicament?

what in hell do you mean by (ghost) ibo speaking part?
...who else is on ghost mode in that state if not your IGEDE!

11 Likes

Re: Point Of Correction To Google: Igedes Are Igede, Not Idoma by nengibo: 5:23pm On Jul 30, 2017
Fp...really
Re: Point Of Correction To Google: Igedes Are Igede, Not Idoma by ogorwyne(f): 5:24pm On Jul 30, 2017
NorthSide:

Why are you taking panadol for another person headache?
The headache hold me too.
Re: Point Of Correction To Google: Igedes Are Igede, Not Idoma by Nobody: 5:26pm On Jul 30, 2017
Wanted to have fun lol.. I don't usually do this... cry
CltrAltDel:

See them Kanu Zombies always talking off point…. Even when the thread is not about yorubas, they cant but mention us. Who is fixated with who grin grin grin.
Re: Point Of Correction To Google: Igedes Are Igede, Not Idoma by Nov6(m): 5:27pm On Jul 30, 2017
Am not from Benue
Idoma
Igede

So why should i worry myself with all this geographical errors abi na google historical error sef?
Re: Point Of Correction To Google: Igedes Are Igede, Not Idoma by realbest(m): 5:42pm On Jul 30, 2017
omenka:
There are lots of misleading info out there, especially when it comes down to issues relating to traditional heritage of people. Ours is just one in a million.

What you have just narrated is the same perception alot of people, especially on this forum, have about the Igede people. Moreso because an Idoma man represents us at the Senate. They feel we are a subset of the Idoma people not knowing that we are totally different from them and more closely related to some tribes in Cross River State in terms of custom and tradition and language.

I am looking to write a comprehensive article regarding this but time is what I've not been having lately. We need to fix the misconceptions out there asap.

Good job.
Bros well done. I did my NYSC @ OJU local gvt area:To be precise , Government day secondary school oju . I am proud Fulani man from Sokoto.I enjoy my stay and also realise the difference between idoma,tiv and IGEDE . I can still remember some words like obecho , no le , juju me etc places like ibila , ainu ,are still fresh in me. Many friends we spend time with and also play football at the local government secretariat are also fresh and I still keep contact with some of them.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Point Of Correction To Google: Igedes Are Igede, Not Idoma by kodath(f): 5:45pm On Jul 30, 2017
BiafraBushBoy:
But why you copy my name na

Igedebushboy

Biafrabushboy.

Nawa ooo... Una sabi copy copy for Nigeria ooo

Enjoy this erotic story for the weekend!! Men of god should stay off!!

Vaseline crew... Welcome!!

Sad story of a sex slave
lol
Re: Point Of Correction To Google: Igedes Are Igede, Not Idoma by omenka(m): 5:46pm On Jul 30, 2017
realbest:

Bros well done. I did my NYSC @ OJU local gvt area:To be precise , Government day secondary school oju . I am proud Fulani man from Sokoto.I enjoy my stay and also realise the difference between idoma,tiv and IGEDE . I can still remember some words like obecho , no le , juju me etc places like ibila , ainu ,are still fresh in me. Many friends we spend time with and also play football at the local government secretariat are also fresh and I still keep contact with some of them.
Hahaha. True words. cheesy

Hope you people went hiking on those beautiful hills in Ibilla. smiley

Our ladies are very beautiful too! wink

3 Likes

Re: Point Of Correction To Google: Igedes Are Igede, Not Idoma by Zabilon007(m): 5:51pm On Jul 30, 2017
The problem is from the Igede people.... When you ask them their tribe, they simply align with Idoma. They say "Idoma"

4 Likes

Re: Point Of Correction To Google: Igedes Are Igede, Not Idoma by omenka(m): 5:55pm On Jul 30, 2017
Tobium1:
Igede are few, but their girls are sooo beautiful
Tuché! I knew someone's gonna talk about the girls. cheesy cheesy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Point Of Correction To Google: Igedes Are Igede, Not Idoma by PHfinest(m): 5:58pm On Jul 30, 2017
IgedeBushBoy:
To my utmost dismay, I found, recently that the Igede ethnic group of southern Benue was classified under the Idoma tribe on Benue map. More shocking, however, is the fact that with so much curiosity, checking for the list of Nigerian ethnic groups, Igede was also found to be missing!

Well, I'm sure Igede is not the only tribe suffering from that. At this Age, one is forced to wonder why in God's name a country as vibrant as Nigeria will still have tribes unaccounted for, shame! To make matters worse, in a State as vibrant as Benue (the last time I checked, Benue is among the top five most populous States in Nigeria, with the past Senate president hailing from there) . Igede is the 3rd largest ethnic group in Benue (after Tiv and Idoma!). The (ghost) Ibo-speaking part of the State is put into consideration, but no, not a far more populous one, SMH.

Well, fellow Nairalanders, I just pointed that out so you can understand your country, and criticize well. For those in the helms responsible for collating such data, IBB has woken your lazy ass to your job; arise and do the needful instead of relaxing in the comfort of your office, reading one Old Map and giving stupid reports from your comfort zone. Lastly, google should sack their entire information collation team.

***invoking lalasticlala** bro join me to let the people know oo
cc: Omenka

Why berate a minority in your midst because you are fighting for your own recognition?
Is it fair?

I always feel bad for my cousin. He is not welcome in his state and he is not appreciated in his mother's state.

4 Likes

Re: Point Of Correction To Google: Igedes Are Igede, Not Idoma by omenka(m): 6:01pm On Jul 30, 2017
charleff512:
But you failed to mention that your people are also in Cross River state correct me if am wrong
Nice piece!
Alot of us are in CRS, why I stated earlier we are even closer to folks in Cross River than Benue. Go to Ukele, Wanikade, Ogoja, Yahe, Ikom, etc, and you find vast communities populated by Igedes.

Ogoja is my mom's birth place. smiley

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Point Of Correction To Google: Igedes Are Igede, Not Idoma by solexybaba(m): 6:08pm On Jul 30, 2017
Same problem wit d Etulo tribe also in benue state.bt we r classified under tiv.which is not proper.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Point Of Correction To Google: Igedes Are Igede, Not Idoma by charleff512(m): 6:15pm On Jul 30, 2017
omenka:
Alot of us are in CRS, why I stated earlier we are even closer to folks in Cross River than Benue. Go to Ukele, Wanikade, Ogoja, Yahe, Ikom, etc, and you find vast communities populated by Igedes.

Ogoja is my mom's birth place. smiley

That's cool
I know someone who is from CRS but claims benue as state of origin

2 Likes

Re: Point Of Correction To Google: Igedes Are Igede, Not Idoma by omenka(m): 6:17pm On Jul 30, 2017
Zabilon007:
The problem is from the Igede people.... When you ask them their tribe, they simply align with Idoma. They say "Idoma"
You are the most gullible liar I've ever met.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Point Of Correction To Google: Igedes Are Igede, Not Idoma by TonyeBarcanista(m): 6:23pm On Jul 30, 2017
omenka:
Hahaha. True words. cheesy

Hope you people went hiking on those beautiful hills in Ibilla. smiley

Our ladies are very beautiful too! wink
How do I find my way to Igedeland?

1 Like

Re: Point Of Correction To Google: Igedes Are Igede, Not Idoma by 99foxxy(f): 6:26pm On Jul 30, 2017
I have many igede friends and their babes are so beautiful.

4 Likes

Re: Point Of Correction To Google: Igedes Are Igede, Not Idoma by Nobody: 6:28pm On Jul 30, 2017
IgedeBushBoy:
To my utmost dismay, I found, recently that the Igede ethnic group of southern Benue was classified under the Idoma tribe on Benue map. More shocking, however, is the fact that with so much curiosity, checking for the list of Nigerian ethnic groups, Igede was also found to be missing!

Well, I'm sure Igede is not the only tribe suffering from that. At this Age, one is forced to wonder why in God's name a country as vibrant as Nigeria will still have tribes unaccounted for, shame! To make matters worse, in a State as vibrant as Benue (the last time I checked, Benue is among the top five most populous States in Nigeria, with the past Senate president hailing from there) . Igede is the 3rd largest ethnic group in Benue (after Tiv and Idoma!). The (ghost) Ibo-speaking part of the State is put into consideration, but no, not a far more populous one, SMH.

Well, fellow Nairalanders, I just pointed that out so you can understand your country, and criticize well. For those in the helms responsible for collating such data, IBB has woken your lazy ass to your job; arise and do the needful instead of relaxing in the comfort of your office, reading one Old Map and giving stupid reports from your comfort zone. Lastly, google should sack their entire information collation team.

Igede is a tribe.
U guys should stop equating or misusing the word ethnic group/tribe.
Re: Point Of Correction To Google: Igedes Are Igede, Not Idoma by omenka(m): 6:29pm On Jul 30, 2017
TonyeBarcanista:

How do I find my way to Igedeland?
Just imagine! Of ALL what has been said on this thread, this is the one that sprang your fancy to life. sad

Re: Point Of Correction To Google: Igedes Are Igede, Not Idoma by TonyeBarcanista(m): 6:34pm On Jul 30, 2017
omenka:
Just imagine! Of ALL what has been said on this thread, this is the one that sprang your fancy to life. sad
You won't understand how u felt after reading that...

1 Like

Re: Point Of Correction To Google: Igedes Are Igede, Not Idoma by BiafraBushBoy(m): 6:37pm On Jul 30, 2017
ymee:
THE SAME IGEDE FROM EKITI?

����Meanwhile
Contact me for...your any of these
SERVICES
1. Desktop-publishing
2. Web designing/training
3. Home tutor
4. Online registration
5. Corporate training
6. Software Training
7. Graphics designing
8. systems repair, installation and troubleshooting etc
babs4realscience@yahoo.com

Are you in Lagos?
Re: Point Of Correction To Google: Igedes Are Igede, Not Idoma by omenka(m): 6:41pm On Jul 30, 2017
TonyeBarcanista:

You won't understand how u felt after reading that...
Guy you need serious deliverance aswear.

1 Share

Re: Point Of Correction To Google: Igedes Are Igede, Not Idoma by KENFERDYOORI(m): 6:41pm On Jul 30, 2017
Wherefore Google misconstrues our tribe, we must correct the error. Lucky enough, we've come of age to speak for ourselves.
#IgedeIhiooo!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Point Of Correction To Google: Igedes Are Igede, Not Idoma by omenka(m): 6:43pm On Jul 30, 2017
99foxxy:
I have many igede friends and their babes are so beautiful.
Comfirm. smiley

1 Like

Re: Point Of Correction To Google: Igedes Are Igede, Not Idoma by Philinho(m): 6:44pm On Jul 30, 2017
Igede is not IDOMA you said? Y did Ajene Okpabi,an Igede Son ruled as Oci'Idoma in Idoma land more than 15yrs? You can't fool Google or map

1 Like

Re: Point Of Correction To Google: Igedes Are Igede, Not Idoma by KENFERDYOORI(m): 6:45pm On Jul 30, 2017
Igede all the way!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Point Of Correction To Google: Igedes Are Igede, Not Idoma by Eastfield1: 6:48pm On Jul 30, 2017
fratermathy:
Is this not the same place that IPOB youths proclaim as a part of the phantom Benue Igbo?

Anyway, thanks for the clarification @IgedeBushBoy. Nobody can speak for a people better than the people themselves!

The stupidity from some of you amuse me sometimes.
guess you didn't read the post to see where the Op mentioned about the Igbo people of Benue
[quote author=IgedeBushBoy post=58977378]To my utmost dismay, I found, recently that the Igede ethnic group of southern Benue was classified under the Idoma tribe on Benue map. More shocking, however, is the fact that with so much curiosity, checking for the list of Nigerian ethnic groups, Igede was also found to be missing!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Point Of Correction To Google: Igedes Are Igede, Not Idoma by Benzyyn(m): 6:51pm On Jul 30, 2017
KENFERDYOORI:
Wherefore Google misconstrues our tribe, we must correct the error. Lucky enough, we've come of age to speak for ourselves.
#IgedeIhiooo!
Ihiooo..!!! my brother

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Point Of Correction To Google: Igedes Are Igede, Not Idoma by Nobody: 6:53pm On Jul 30, 2017
Egede are somehow Ibo/Idoma.. I don't even understand their way sef
Re: Point Of Correction To Google: Igedes Are Igede, Not Idoma by TonyeBarcanista(m): 6:54pm On Jul 30, 2017
omenka:
Guy you need serious deliverance aswear.
Na true say Igede man been don rule as Ochidoma before? If Yes, what changed?
Re: Point Of Correction To Google: Igedes Are Igede, Not Idoma by TonyeBarcanista(m): 6:54pm On Jul 30, 2017
Xlpacks:
Egede are somehow Ibo/Idoma.. I don't even understand their way sef
Omenka must explain this
Re: Point Of Correction To Google: Igedes Are Igede, Not Idoma by Nobody: 6:55pm On Jul 30, 2017
TonyeBarcanista:
Omenka must explain this
omenka where art Thou?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Important Drums Of The Yoruba People / Masquerades Doing The 'Shaku Shaku' Dance In Abeokuta (Video) / Giving And Recieving With The Left Hand.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.