Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,944 members, 7,817,775 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:18 PM

Point Of Correction To Google: Igedes Are Igede, Not Idoma - Culture (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Point Of Correction To Google: Igedes Are Igede, Not Idoma (20017 Views)

Breif History Of Igede People Of Bunue State / Beautiful Idoma Brides In Pictures / Igede Names And Their Meaning (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Point Of Correction To Google: Igedes Are Igede, Not Idoma by KENFERDYOORI(m): 9:52pm On Jul 30, 2017
Pejah:
Obi be
Obi ha Okpunyi be?
Re: Point Of Correction To Google: Igedes Are Igede, Not Idoma by Karlman: 10:24pm On Jul 30, 2017
IgedeBushBoy:
I was born and bred in the state capital, but never met one. Kindly show me one Ibo-speaking Benue indegene and we will know who's high. Just one.
...SEE? you are suffering from abject illiteracy...you grow up in tiv land and here you are talking about idoma land...go to otukpo and cure your ignorance
Re: Point Of Correction To Google: Igedes Are Igede, Not Idoma by Nobody: 11:12pm On Jul 30, 2017
IgedeBushBoy:
Kindly google the two

This is actually a professional issue, not issues u visit random websites to find definitions.

Go online, find scholarly articles and read up the Anthropology definition of tribe n ethnic group.

It is various tribes that make up an ethnic group, they have never been same.

China has about 50 ethnic groups, Nigeria can't have over 300 ethnic groups and yet equal just 10% of the Chinese population...
Re: Point Of Correction To Google: Igedes Are Igede, Not Idoma by Konquest: 11:14pm On Jul 30, 2017
IgedeBushBoy:
To my utmost dismay, I found, recently that the Igede ethnic group of southern Benue was classified under the Idoma tribe on Benue map. More shocking, however, is the fact that with so much curiosity, checking for the list of Nigerian ethnic groups, Igede was also found to be missing!

Well, I'm sure Igede is not the only tribe suffering from that. At this Age, one is forced to wonder why in God's name a country as vibrant as Nigeria will still have tribes unaccounted for, shame! To make matters worse, in a State as vibrant as Benue (the last time I checked, Benue is among the top five most populous States in Nigeria, with the past Senate president hailing from there) . Igede is the 3rd largest ethnic group in Benue (after Tiv and Idoma!). The (ghost) Ibo-speaking part of the State is put into consideration, but no, not a far more populous one, SMH.

Well, fellow Nairalanders, I just pointed that out so you can understand your country, and criticize well. For those in the helms responsible for collating such data, IBB has woken your lazy ass to your job; arise and do the needful instead of relaxing in the comfort of your office, reading one Old Map and giving stupid reports from your comfort zone. Lastly, google should sack their entire information collation team.

***invoking lalasticlala** bro join me to let the people know oo
cc: Omenka
Re: Point Of Correction To Google: Igedes Are Igede, Not Idoma by ThefemaleKing: 11:56pm On Jul 30, 2017
Lmao, welcome to Benue. Home of tribalism. Whatever will happen to our Benue our future tho. undecided
Re: Point Of Correction To Google: Igedes Are Igede, Not Idoma by adoyi81: 1:08am On Jul 31, 2017
Nawa o!
I can't understand what the problem is,
Idoma and egede are two different tribes,
If Google isn't recognizing the egedes tribe,how is that the fault of the idomas.
Op and co, rather than blaming the idomas,U and your people should go do your home work.
Lastly, as far as Benue state politics is concern, the egedes need the idomas more than we need u.
Enjoy ur night Rest.

2 Likes

Re: Point Of Correction To Google: Igedes Are Igede, Not Idoma by Nobody: 6:20am On Jul 31, 2017
KENFERDYOORI:

Obi ha Okpunyi be?
Oha lume

1 Like

Re: Point Of Correction To Google: Igedes Are Igede, Not Idoma by jayriginal: 8:47am On Jul 31, 2017
OP is a real bush boy. Google is a search engine, not a source of information.
Re: Point Of Correction To Google: Igedes Are Igede, Not Idoma by Idango(m): 8:50am On Jul 31, 2017
Op I don't know how you are doing your search on google. Igede is clearly there , and clearly defined in Wikipedia as the third largest ethnic group in Benue state.

1 Like

Re: Point Of Correction To Google: Igedes Are Igede, Not Idoma by thinkmoney(m): 9:11am On Jul 31, 2017
The (ghost) Ibo-speaking part of the State is put into consideration, but no, not a far more populous one, SMH.

Well, fellow Nairalanders, I just pointed that out so you can understand your country, and criticize well.
cc: Omenka[/quote]
IDIOT...hopeless mofo...you are sure criticising well with ur dump head mention of 'ghost IBO speaking part'...ur type is the problem we have in this world. if giving the opportunity you will dismiss an entire Igbo nation.
I love the IGEDES, I have them as friends-girl friend kwa!!!
you, which tribe are uomo ale
Re: Point Of Correction To Google: Igedes Are Igede, Not Idoma by Vladdo: 10:20am On Jul 31, 2017
But isn't it the same Idomas that claim the Tivs are marginalising them (and cry for Akpa state) that turn around to mete same treatment on the Igedes?

..just asking ni.
Re: Point Of Correction To Google: Igedes Are Igede, Not Idoma by IgedeBushBoy(m): 12:29pm On Jul 31, 2017
Karlman:
...SEE? you are suffering from abject illiteracy...you grow up in tiv land and here you are talking about idoma land...go to otukpo and cure your ignorance
Chai, what is in OT? Clay houses?
Shut up my friend, speak only when you know what you're saying
Re: Point Of Correction To Google: Igedes Are Igede, Not Idoma by IgedeBushBoy(m): 12:34pm On Jul 31, 2017
PrecisionFx:

This is actually a professional issue, not issues u visit random websites to find definitions.

Go online, find scholarly articles and read up the Anthropology definition of tribe n ethnic group.

It is various tribes that make up an ethnic group, they have never been same.

China has about 50 ethnic groups, Nigeria can't have over 300 ethnic groups and yet equal just 10% of the Chinese population...
Check http://africaunlimited.com/blog/tribe-vs-ethnic-group or goan sit down my friend
Re: Point Of Correction To Google: Igedes Are Igede, Not Idoma by IgedeBushBoy(m): 12:37pm On Jul 31, 2017
No be only joke, Mr. Comedian
ogorwyne:

You talk too much. Was just joking around. Loosen up abeg
Re: Point Of Correction To Google: Igedes Are Igede, Not Idoma by Nobody: 12:49pm On Jul 31, 2017
Re: Point Of Correction To Google: Igedes Are Igede, Not Idoma by Nobody: 12:52pm On Jul 31, 2017
IgedeBushBoy:
Check http://africaunlimited.com/blog/tribe-vs-ethnic-group or goan sit down my friend

Jesus Christ, Igedebushboy u need to goan collect back ur school fees ooo, where did u study

The link u sent me clearly explains the difference between tribe n ethnic group and u couldn't even understand what u posted.

On average, They even highlighted the difference for you using lemon green fonts.

CHAI!!!

1 Like

Re: Point Of Correction To Google: Igedes Are Igede, Not Idoma by IgedeBushBoy(m): 1:47pm On Jul 31, 2017
PrecisionFx:

Jesus Christ, Igedebushboy u need to goan collect back ur school fees ooo, where did u study

The link u sent me clearly explains the difference between tribe n ethnic group and u couldn't even understand what u posted.

On average, They even highlighte
d the difference for you using lemon green fonts.

CHAI!!!
So where's the difference? It's in your head; coz that's what you want to see
Re: Point Of Correction To Google: Igedes Are Igede, Not Idoma by ogorwyne(f): 2:36pm On Jul 31, 2017
IgedeBushBoy:
No be only joke, Mr. Comedian
Smh
Re: Point Of Correction To Google: Igedes Are Igede, Not Idoma by Justiceleague1: 11:52am On Aug 06, 2017
StarPlayer:
And yes I'm Idoma
wheelbarrow driver grin grin Star-Illi________ grin
Re: Point Of Correction To Google: Igedes Are Igede, Not Idoma by StarPlayer: 4:34pm On Oct 10, 2017
Justiceleague1:

wheelbarrow driver grin grin
Star-Illi________ grin

Bush man
Re: Point Of Correction To Google: Igedes Are Igede, Not Idoma by Jonwesley(m): 8:14am On Oct 11, 2017
Idango:

Ajene okpabi was named the och idoma not just because of his closeness to ogiri oko but because the throne is rotated among the various regions that made up idoma. It was the turn of igedes.

The idomas also have people living in cross river. The iyalas are actually idomas. An idoma person can understand when an iyala person speaks to some extent.

It will be really difficult for the igedes to produce a senator for Benue south just as it will be difficult for the idomas to produce a governor.

Thank you. You know history. That is what omenka and the writer have turned to another thing. My earlier reply to omenka and his mention was also misunderstood. In the real sense I have a lot of respects for him for rising to the occasion to explain things about Benue and particularly the Idomas on this forum. Meaning he has shown he was Idoma and maybe an ardent lover of the Idomas.Hence it wld be a total denial for him to join the OP to posit that.

My grouse is why appear like a mole. I'm not in any way stopping anyone from having allegiance to his tribe or race. No, but a clandestine act and disparage for hatred of the idomas whom Omenka had defended when his real tribe came up made me write those things. Yes, there is lot out there that needs to be corrected, and political imbalance et all.

Really sincerely I'm sorry to have said some things just that those points behind the OP motivations for the write up were malignly thought out. Omenka I'm sorry by my earlier direct attack on ur mention.. I'm not a kid though and far your senior by age most likely.

Cc Omenka.
Re: Point Of Correction To Google: Igedes Are Igede, Not Idoma by Jonwesley(m): 8:18am On Oct 11, 2017
omenka:
Shoooooo! What is this rant really about? Do I know you? Why don't you take your anger and frustration elsewhere?

You say if I like I should go and quote you further? Dude, i don't even know you exist and I doubt I've EVER quoted you especially regarding anything of this nature. Sure you aren't drunk or hallucinating?

Scram go look for your playmates abeg.

What utter nonsense.

Thank you. You know history. That is what omenka and the writer have turned to another thing. My earlier reply to omenka and his mention was also misunderstood. In the real sense I have a lot of respects for him for rising to the occasion to explain things about Benue and particularly the Idomas on this forum. Meaning he has shown he was Idoma and maybe an ardent lover of the Idomas.Hence it wld be a total denial for him to join the OP to posit that.

My grouse is why appear like a mole. I'm not in any way stopping anyone from having allegiance to his tribe or race. No, but a clandestine act and disparage for hatred of the idomas whom Omenka had defended when his real tribe came up made me write those things. Yes, there is lot out there that needs to be corrected, and political imbalance et all.

Really sincerely I'm sorry to have said some things just that those points behind the OP motivations for the write up were malignly thought out. Omenka I'm sorry by my earlier direct attack on ur mention.. I'm not a kid though and far your senior by age most likely.

Cc Omenka.
Re: Point Of Correction To Google: Igedes Are Igede, Not Idoma by Jonwesley(m): 8:20am On Oct 11, 2017
jesus500:
You disrespectful punk, how dare you utter such demeaning words against Igede! Let's see if the statuesque will remain, what is idoma's population compared to igede? Maybe slightly higher, we have been cheated politically at both the state and federal level since the creation of the state because you idoma people are selfish and hateful, you don't want an igede man to become a senator and control you, we have woken up, we are wiser now, its just a matter of time, just watch out, I'm repulsed by your insolence.

Cc Omenka.
Re: Point Of Correction To Google: Igedes Are Igede, Not Idoma by omenka(m): 8:36am On Oct 11, 2017
Jonwesley:

Cc Omenka.
It's alright brother. I bear no grudges against you. All we seek is just the protection of the interests of our people. Any Idoma man is as much a brother to me as an Igede man.

God bless us all.

Have a splendid day ahead.

2 Likes

Re: Point Of Correction To Google: Igedes Are Igede, Not Idoma by Justiceleague1: 12:45pm On Oct 11, 2017
StarPlayer:

Bush man
haaahahahahaaaa.. grin welcome from pri... grin
chai! U don lean ooo grin
Re: Point Of Correction To Google: Igedes Are Igede, Not Idoma by Justiceleague1: 1:27pm On Oct 13, 2017
StarPlayer:

I served a ban because of those useless ipob terrorists like you. Make I see the stupid ipob tout wey go still misbehave come my side again angry
eeyaa
grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Important Drums Of The Yoruba People / An Insight On The Gbagyi People: Real Owners Of Abuja / Yoruba - Translation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.