Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,013 members, 7,838,546 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 03:46 AM

Loyola Jesuit Abuja In Pictures - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Loyola Jesuit Abuja In Pictures (40944 Views)

Loyola Jesuit Entrance Exam Into Js 1 (2018 - 2019)- Secret Of Success Unveiled / National Open University Headquarters In Abuja In Pictures / Baze University, Abuja In Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Loyola Jesuit Abuja In Pictures by texazzpete(m): 5:30pm On Aug 01, 2017
remi1444:
summary is your post is kind of self contradictory.

It isn't. I suggest you read again
Re: Loyola Jesuit Abuja In Pictures by Sterope(f): 5:34pm On Aug 01, 2017
Please speak for yourself

You have no idea the kind of stress they go through everyday.

remi1444:
am not being jealous ma. I opined the former when the poster I quoted said STUDENTS FROM THE SAID SCHOOL CAN COMPETE WITH GRADUATES, Btw when put under stress they might likely not survive.
Re: Loyola Jesuit Abuja In Pictures by NL1960: 5:38pm On Aug 01, 2017
Sterope:

Iam sure most people think that the school is for ajebotas because of the fees. You cannot see a catholic boarding school that is ajebota. If you like, make your papa be President. You misbehave or you do not obey the strict rules and regulations, you are punished or either suspended or expelled and your President papa cannot do anything.
Re: Loyola Jesuit Abuja In Pictures by remi1444: 6:06pm On Aug 01, 2017
Sterope:

an alumni
Re: Loyola Jesuit Abuja In Pictures by OCcool: 6:33pm On Aug 01, 2017
Loyola that my school (FGBC) defeated in Commonwealth quiz competition back to back and wrested the hosting rights from them ( the winning school usually hosts the next edition of the quiz). After we thrashed them, they stopped participating in the quiz competition.
Re: Loyola Jesuit Abuja In Pictures by OCcool: 6:41pm On Aug 01, 2017
DutchBrah:

You're right, a lot of Goverment officials went to the school like Oshiomole son,Okorocha daughter,Daggash,Madueke etc,but they also have alot of people from the private sector that can afford the fees brah.
Yeah, even Pat Utomi's son and late Chuba Okadigbo's daughter attended the school
Re: Loyola Jesuit Abuja In Pictures by lonelydora: 9:09pm On Aug 01, 2017
Statsocial:

You are right Loyola is very good. But there are other good ones in naija. Have you also heard of the private secondary schools in Ota? Quite good.

Chrisland?
Re: Loyola Jesuit Abuja In Pictures by gidjah(m): 9:42pm On Aug 01, 2017
VickyRotex:

I knew Orozo 4 years ago.
hmmmm ok sis, nice environment they've got in that school.major trouble with that school is u need to be an expatriate (of a kind) IGCSE LEVEL, (UK educational standard qualified teacher ) b4 dem fit attend to ur cv talk more of granting u audience for interview.
Re: Loyola Jesuit Abuja In Pictures by VickyRotex(f): 2:47am On Aug 02, 2017
gidjah:
hmmmm ok sis, nice environment they've got in that school.major trouble with that school is u need to be an expatriate (of a kind) IGCSE LEVEL, (UK educational standard qualified teacher ) b4 dem fit attend to ur cv talk more of granting u audience for interview.

lol. You go fear qualification na.
Re: Loyola Jesuit Abuja In Pictures by enomakos(m): 2:18pm On Aug 02, 2017
migeoart:
not all are politicians kids,some are there based on community effort some are also they based on loan! Is those ones am referring to
OK I understand

1 Like

Re: Loyola Jesuit Abuja In Pictures by temmiedebbie(f): 3:31pm On Aug 02, 2017
hazan041:
But op 2.8 million upon wetin?

nah PhD dem dey give them?
I tire ooooh!
Re: Loyola Jesuit Abuja In Pictures by Uzyvicks(f): 10:17pm On Aug 02, 2017
Nchabuomo:

The school opened a branch in Port Harcourt in honor of the kids that lost their life, flying Abj to PH.
. I lost a nursery school friend with her kid sis on that plane, I never knew dey were dead already not until this year, even after trying to reunite with her on Facebook, so sad wen I heard she was among the dead.
Re: Loyola Jesuit Abuja In Pictures by Nchabuomo: 6:53am On Aug 03, 2017
Uzyvicks:
. I lost a nursery school friend with her kid sis on that plane, I never knew dey were dead already not until this year, even after trying to reunite with her on Facebook, so sad wen I heard she was among the dead.
Yes, it was quite a sad one! God bless their souls
Re: Loyola Jesuit Abuja In Pictures by NL1960: 9:52am On Aug 03, 2017
Uzyvicks:

Quite a sad and unfortunate incident. One of the key reasons for the building of Jesuit Memorial college in Port Harcourt by the Jesuits.
Re: Loyola Jesuit Abuja In Pictures by Centrix: 12:51am On Aug 13, 2017
There are also full fee paying scholarships to Loyola for poor kids
Re: Loyola Jesuit Abuja In Pictures by JSMMUYIWA(m): 1:33am On Aug 13, 2017
Statsocial:
Lalasticlala
Loyola Jesuit College is a private, co-educational, boarding, secondary school in Abuja,[1] operated by the Society of Jesus of the Roman Catholic church. The school was opened on October 2, 1996, and is named after the Society's founder, St. Ignatius of Loyola. The highly selective, six-year school has claimed the best results on the West African Examination Council (WAEC) examinations for the past seven years, as well as the best JAMB results for several of those years, and is thus regarded as one of the best secondary schools in West Africa

Loyola Jesuit College is one of the most academically selective secondary schools in Nigeria, but welcomes boys and girls of all faiths. In the year 2010, 5000 wrote the school entrance exam and LJC accepted 100, or 2% of its applicants. It is one of the first schools in Nigeria to implement a strictly online application policy. Prospective students both apply online and receive their results online.[6] LJC does not accept transfers: students must enter the school into First Year.

Cost: 2.8 million

At the end of the day, we all shall meet at the University.....
Not by Structure nor by Fees....
Shuuu!!

undecided
Statsocial:
Lalasticlala
Loyola Jesuit College is a private, co-educational, boarding, secondary school in Abuja,[1] operated by the Society of Jesus of the Roman Catholic church. The school was opened on October 2, 1996, and is named after the Society's founder, St. Ignatius of Loyola. The highly selective, six-year school has claimed the best results on the West African Examination Council (WAEC) examinations for the past seven years, as well as the best JAMB results for several of those years, and is thus regarded as one of the best secondary schools in West Africa

Loyola Jesuit College is one of the most academically selective secondary schools in Nigeria, but welcomes boys and girls of all faiths. In the year 2010, 5000 wrote the school entrance exam and LJC accepted 100, or 2% of its applicants. It is one of the first schools in Nigeria to implement a strictly online application policy. Prospective students both apply online and receive their results online.[6] LJC does not accept transfers: students must enter the school into First Year.

Cost: 2.8 million

At the end of the day, we all shall meet at the University.....
Not by Structure nor by Fees....
Shuuu!!
Re: Loyola Jesuit Abuja In Pictures by KingAzubuike(f): 9:44pm On Nov 10, 2019
Met quite a number of them during my university days. Even the bottom of the table students at Loyola Jesuit were quite topping my department at unilag. Most of them end up in big schools like pennsylvania, Harvard , Cambridge , mit and co. It's a school for the rich and smart. Thumbs up to them coz to be frank , their standards are quite high. Work hard so your kids can enjoy quality education.

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Loyola Jesuit Abuja In Pictures by Ilamina(f): 8:24pm On Apr 22, 2021
Jephthah comprehensive school in portharcourt is good
It was very hard to get in

But not that competitive like loyola obviously
Re: Loyola Jesuit Abuja In Pictures by Ilamina(f): 3:19am On Apr 23, 2021
The girls have to cut their hair
It sucks
Re: Loyola Jesuit Abuja In Pictures by NL1960: 8:37am On Apr 23, 2021
Ilamina:
It sucks

That is the standard in all catholic schools. It is not only in Loyola.

2 Likes

Re: Loyola Jesuit Abuja In Pictures by cooooooks(m): 10:52am On Apr 23, 2021
Guys will still fall in love, low cut or skin cut.

Ilamina:
It sucks
Re: Loyola Jesuit Abuja In Pictures by Ilamina(f): 11:31am On Apr 23, 2021
Not every genius kid in montessori went to loyola
Re: Loyola Jesuit Abuja In Pictures by Ilamina(f): 11:36am On Apr 23, 2021
Re: Loyola Jesuit Abuja In Pictures by Ilamina(f): 3:21pm On Apr 23, 2021
Obi1kenobi:
If you can afford it, send your kids there. It's more than worth it if you can afford it, your kids are smart enough and they are well behaved. I was there till my JSSCE. I left because the fees were rising beyond our means, I was slacking badly in my academics (by their very high standards) and I was also a troublesome student. I was suspended twice for leaking a fire extinguisher and a certain fracas with a classmate, plus I was always on detention for one small reason or the other (lateness, not doing an assignment, not doing morning duty, noisemaking etc). grin They enforce really strict discipline (with no corporal punishment) and the schedule is highly regimented and you get a proper drilling in academic rigour.
grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Man Deported To Nigeria When Daughter Was 8, Shows Up At Her Graduation In U.S / 12-Year-Old Chika Ofili Awarded In UK For His New Discovery In Maths / Can I Still Go Back And Write My Carry Over After 2 Years?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.