Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,360 members, 7,819,293 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:49 PM

Biafra Not Possible, Agitate For Igbo Presidency -- Orji Uzor Kalu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Biafra Not Possible, Agitate For Igbo Presidency -- Orji Uzor Kalu (706 Views)

Police Vs IPOB Clash : "If You Don't Want Peace, We'll Agitate In Pieces" - Kanu / 9th NASS: I Will Contest For The Deputy Senate Presidency  - Orji Kalu / Why Do Ipob Hate To Agitate For A Homogenous Igbo Country? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Biafra Not Possible, Agitate For Igbo Presidency -- Orji Uzor Kalu by Youngadvocate(m): 3:36pm On Jul 30, 2017
Erstwhile governor of Abia state, Dr. Mazi Orji Uzor Kalu has ruled out the possibility of the Biafra restoration, stating that the dream cannot be actualized without including Referendum in the constitution of Nigeria.

According to the business Mogul, instead of wasting energy on the agitation for secession, Ndigbo should rather focus on agitating for the Presidency which they have been denied of, since the fall of the First Republic in 1966.

Though he has been largely accused of condemning Biafra agitation and campaigning for the Presidency of Ndigbo because of his long-nursed ambition for the Presidency, Kalu has remained resolute in his clear detestation of the Biafra call.

He also take a swipe on Governor Ayodele Fayose of Ekiti state over his comment in a recent interview that he (Kalu) was misleading the Igbo to embrace the All Progressive Congress, and also on his (Fayose) comments on President Muhammed Buhari.

Mazi Kalu made this statement in Lokoja on Saturday while delivering a lecture at an Igbo gathering for the inauguration of Igbo Support Group for Governor Yahaya Bello of Kogi State, which he titled: “Mainstreaming Igbo in Nigeria Politics”.

He said, “We must fix Nigeria to work for all inclusive of all aspiration of all. We (Igbo) have made progress but it is not yet Uhuru for us. This is not the time to pop champagne but a time for conscious reflection on the road we have passed, where we are and where we intend to be in the years ahead.

“As Igbos, we must stop listening to people who say Biafra is possible. If we want Biafra we must first ensure that referendum is included in the constitutional review.

“Nigeria should be thinking of annexing other Africa country rather than dividing it. China is 2 billion and not talking about secession. But Nigeria with less than 200 million populace is talking secession.”

On the recent quit notice giving to Igbo by the Arewa youth, Kalu said, “Recently, we have witnessed a rise in ethnic activism. A lot of people have expressed fears that Nigeria may be coming to an end. Well in politics, you have to entertain all manner of fears while working on possibilities. However, because of that fears, we have seen a ‘quit notice’ order from some northern youth groups. I will focus on the possibilities. And the first is that a United Nigeria is an easier possibility than a balkanized country. I see a more united country rising from the ashes of hate and fear.

“However, the issues raised have causes some to wonder if the Igbo have leaders. Of course, Igbo’s leaders are talking and dialoguing. In politics, you often dialogue more than you talk. So in managing a diverse country like Nigeria, you need to dialogue and communicate rightly. That way you will be able to manage tension. In this regard, I want to specially thank the leadership of Ohaneze Ndigbo led by Chief John Nnia Nwodo for the matured way they handle the quit notice.

“People are naturally attached to their religion, customs, and tradition. People take offence at the abuse of their religion, customs and tradition. This is because any such abuse is considered an affront. I am not sure of any Igbo man who will like a non-Igbo resident in his village transgressing the custom of his people. If you will not like that, don’t do it to another person. That is the golden rule. If you do just that, the source of friction and trouble will be defeated.

“I believe the Igbo are in a better position to understand that all politics, like they say, is local. It therefore suggest that the Igbo must see the need to align properly and seek strategic partnership of other interest groups and political blocs to achieve whatever developmental ideas that they have; such as the shoot for the presidency.

“In politics, you market yourself and make yourself a strategic ally. It is when you achieve this that you put your cards on the table. If the Igbo work themselves into a very strategic political partner, while not putting their eggs into one basket, we can then put the cards on the table before our partners to determine what we get for and what they get from us. We cannot however do that when we remain antagonistic to one another. We cannot achieve it when we scare everyone away with hate. We cannot achieve it if we think its Igbo and Igbo alone. We must build necessary networks. We must build alliances across political divide. This are very important so that our own stories can be told and heard too. If we don’t build such alliances, we may not be able to market our demands.”

On Governor Ayodele Fayose, he said, “I call on my friend, Governor Ayodele Fayose to focus his criticism of President Muhammed Buhari on his performance rather than his health or family issues. When I was a governor I was at logger head with former president Olusegun Obasanjo but it was purely on government activities. I never went personal. Fayose should take a cue too.

“His (Fayose) recent interview in the Interview Magazine where he said I was deceiving the Igbo’s into joining APC is uncalled for. I’m taking the Igbo to the central stage of politics and decision taking. I was a founder of PDP, if PDP were to be a company, I would own 90 percent. PDP Balkanized Nigeria. PDP cannot come back to power. So I advised Fayose to stop hate speeches. It is distractive, bad, not brotherly and against the spirit of brotherhood. We must not allow our country just like the Rwanda genocide to thread the path of hate speeches.”

He however concluded that Igbo can no longer be ignore in the politics of Nigeria, just that the Igbo has not seen themselves so, “Igbo can no longer be ignored or shove aside. If Igbo stop paying taxes in Lagos, the IGR of Lagos will drop by 60 percent, because 70 percent of manufacturing and commercial activities in Lagos is owned or control by Igbo. Igbo must find a new political discourse, show interest in how in the past their areas were developed on personal contributions without federal or state interest.”

http://igbobia.com/?q=biafra-not-possible-agitate-for-igbo-presidency-orji-uzor-kalu.html

Lalasticlala, Mynd44

Re: Biafra Not Possible, Agitate For Igbo Presidency -- Orji Uzor Kalu by Ezigboune: 3:39pm On Jul 30, 2017
Oga emegi vam na-anya
Re: Biafra Not Possible, Agitate For Igbo Presidency -- Orji Uzor Kalu by BiafranBushBoy: 3:57pm On Jul 30, 2017
Dear Orji Uzor anuofia,

You are a big fool...

Asshole!!

3 Likes

Re: Biafra Not Possible, Agitate For Igbo Presidency -- Orji Uzor Kalu by Stingman: 3:59pm On Jul 30, 2017
Igbo presidency that would be like the presidency of OBJ abd GEJ? No way....we don't need it...
Re: Biafra Not Possible, Agitate For Igbo Presidency -- Orji Uzor Kalu by GMBuhari: 4:01pm On Jul 30, 2017
They'll soon Call him Ojo Kabiru Kalu

Just like Okorocha is OkoroHausa

and this lagos based publisher given a yoruba name
Re: Biafra Not Possible, Agitate For Igbo Presidency -- Orji Uzor Kalu by chimeee: 4:20pm On Jul 30, 2017
the worst ex governor in the whole world
Re: Biafra Not Possible, Agitate For Igbo Presidency -- Orji Uzor Kalu by Youngadvocate(m): 4:36pm On Jul 30, 2017
GMBuhari:

Lagos state publisher?
Re: Biafra Not Possible, Agitate For Igbo Presidency -- Orji Uzor Kalu by ZombieTAMER: 4:42pm On Jul 30, 2017
Hahaha.,...Kalu wants to be president....Clowns everywhere
Re: Biafra Not Possible, Agitate For Igbo Presidency -- Orji Uzor Kalu by Nobody: 4:42pm On Jul 30, 2017
Erstwhile governor of Abia state, Dr. Mazi Orji Uzor Kalu has ruled out the possibility of the Biafra restoration, stating that the dream cannot be actualized without including Referendum in the constitution of Nigeria.

Mr Kalu,Referendum was also not in the constitution before Bakassi was seceded to cameroon.Secondly,there is what is called constitutution amendment.

According to the business Mogul, instead of wasting energy on the agitation for secession, Ndigbo should rather focus on agitating for the Presidency which they have been denied of, since the fall of the First Republic in 1966.

Mr Kalu,what did an average Yoruba man gain from 8 years of OBJ presidency?What did Niger Deltans gain from GEJ.Presidency for any region is to make the poor masses feel good that their 'son' is the president.Nothing else.While the elites who are the president's cronies from all the regions benefit.We say no to Igbo presidency.

He said, “We must fix Nigeria to work for all inclusive of all aspiration of all. We (Igbo) have made progress but it is not yet Uhuru for us. This is not the time to pop champagne but a time for conscious reflection on the road we have passed, where we are and where we intend to be in the years ahead.

Mr Kalu,Nigerian can not be fixed,the foundation wrong,the ethnic nationalities may be better off as separate countries than being in this abusive marriage

Nigeria should be thinking of annexing other Africa country rather than dividing it. China is 2 billion and not talking about secession. But Nigeria with less than 200 million populace is talking secession.

Straw man fallacy,the population of Spain is 67 million and more than 18 regions want to secede from spain,the United kingdom is 65 million and Scotland,England and London are talking about secession.Secession is not dependent on population.

On the recent quit notice giving to Igbo by the Arewa youth, Kalu said, “Recently, we have witnessed a rise in ethnic activism. A lot of people have expressed fears that Nigeria may be coming to an end. Well in politics, you have to entertain all manner of fears while working on possibilities. However, because of that fears, we have seen a ‘quit notice’ order from some northern youth groups. I will focus on the possibilities. And the first is that a United Nigeria is an easier possibility than a balkanized country. I see a more united country rising from the ashes of hate and fear

Being economical with the truth,you could not openly condemn the quit notice,you are afraid of your pay masters,the Fulani Oligarch

However, the issues raised have causes some to wonder if the Igbo have leaders. Of course, Igbo’s leaders are talking and dialoguing. In politics, you often dialogue more than you talk. So in managing a diverse country like Nigeria, you need to dialogue and communicate rightly. That way you will be able to manage tension. In this regard, I want to specially thank the leadership of Ohaneze Ndigbo led by Chief John Nnia Nwodo for the matured way they handle the quit notice.

There are no leaders in Igbo,Ohaneze should be registered as a political party,the elites are seeking for their selfish gain,that is why the masses are rallying behind Nnamdi Kanu,after Ojukwu,he is the person that is trying to be the voices of the masses without asking for anything in return.

Igbos do not follow the person with the highest wealth,but the person that wants their well being without asking for anything in return
People are naturally attached to their religion, customs, and tradition. People take offence at the abuse of their religion, customs and tradition. This is because any such abuse is considered an affront. I am not sure of any Igbo man who will like a non-Igbo resident in his village transgressing the custom of his people. If you will not like that, don’t do it to another person. That is the golden rule. If you do just that, the source of friction and trouble will be defeated.

I agree with you,but if you say you are a good host,travel and live in other regions to see if you be a good guest.

His (Fayose) recent interview in the Interview Magazine where he said I was deceiving the Igbo’s into joining APC is uncalled for. I’m taking the Igbo to the central stage of politics and decision taking. I was a founder of PDP, if PDP were to be a company, I would own 90 percent. PDP Balkanized Nigeria. PDP cannot come back to power. So I advised Fayose to stop hate speeches. It is distractive, bad, not brotherly and against the spirit of brotherhood. We must not allow our country just like the Rwanda genocide to thread the path of hate speeches.

Just like other elites form other regions,you people have not ideology,principle and integrity ,that is why you people jump from one party to another.Please stop saying APC or PDP,there is no difference,na the same people

You were also critical of Buhari when you were in PDP.

1 Like

Re: Biafra Not Possible, Agitate For Igbo Presidency -- Orji Uzor Kalu by evilyoruba: 4:52pm On Jul 30, 2017
GMBuhari:

Have you diabolically asked orji what he has been waiting all along, why hasnt he and his likes gotten presidency for the Igbo's, why did they wait this long Diabolical hypocrites
Re: Biafra Not Possible, Agitate For Igbo Presidency -- Orji Uzor Kalu by hammerF: 4:54pm On Jul 30, 2017
Efulefu Uzor Kanjo.

Onye- Iberibe!
Re: Biafra Not Possible, Agitate For Igbo Presidency -- Orji Uzor Kalu by Agumbankembu: 5:01pm On Jul 30, 2017
This fool wants us to help his presidential ambition.

E no work.
Re: Biafra Not Possible, Agitate For Igbo Presidency -- Orji Uzor Kalu by ERockson: 5:03pm On Jul 30, 2017
Igbo with bragging. 70% of lagos Asset or what's this Iddiot saying. Igbo can not govern Nigeria, Kalu should wake up from political slumber.
Re: Biafra Not Possible, Agitate For Igbo Presidency -- Orji Uzor Kalu by Nobody: 5:52pm On Jul 30, 2017
kalu doesnt have the moral justification to tell the igbos which way to go,...after looting abia state dry he still has the nerve utter rubbish because the apc has bought him over ,.......he shud get lost he is a disgrace and betrayal to the igbo ppl jus like rochas .

(1) (Reply)

Igbo Quit Notice: I Am Married To An Igbo Woman - Arewa Youth President / APC Is Confused - Rabiu Kwankwaso / Operation Python Dance: Nigerian Army Apologizes To Igbo Mandate Congress Chieft

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.