Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,193 members, 7,818,636 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:26 PM

Fists For Jesus - Just When You Think Religion Can't Get Any Weirder - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Fists For Jesus - Just When You Think Religion Can't Get Any Weirder (629 Views)

Jesus Just Sent A Message To Me. Dear Christian Fundamentalists Here. / Alfaseltzer Want To Know About Jesus...just Question And Answer / Was Jesus Just A Literal Word Of God? Jman05 And Gomb (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fists For Jesus - Just When You Think Religion Can't Get Any Weirder by jagunlabi(m): 5:50pm On Feb 09, 2010
A small but growing number of evangelical churches are using cage fighting programs to increase their odds of converting young men, reports the New York Times. Pastors say they hope to "inject" some irresistible "machismo" into their ministries by incorporating the bloody, but increasingly popular, sport of mixed martial arts: "What led me to find Christ was that Jesus was a fighter," Brandon Beals, 37, lead pastor at Canyon Creek Church outside of Seattle, told the Times. Is brawling consistent with Christianity?
More of the article here, http://www.redicecreations.com/article.php?id=9780
Re: Fists For Jesus - Just When You Think Religion Can't Get Any Weirder by AbuZola3(m): 6:51pm On Feb 09, 2010
Ofcourse nau, since jesu is a fraud what won't u hear
Re: Fists For Jesus - Just When You Think Religion Can't Get Any Weirder by jagunlabi(m): 9:09pm On Feb 09, 2010
I wonder what gimmick they will employ to recruit more female members.Desperation.
Re: Fists For Jesus - Just When You Think Religion Can't Get Any Weirder by Nobody: 11:26pm On Feb 09, 2010
Abu Zola:

Ofcourse nau, since jesu is a fraud what won't u hear
Tell us wot mohammad had instructed moslems to do to win souls for Allah
Re: Fists For Jesus - Just When You Think Religion Can't Get Any Weirder by Nobody: 11:38pm On Feb 09, 2010
jagunlabi:

I wonder what gimmick they will employ to recruit more female members.Desperation.
Any tactics adopted by any1 2day dat is not done by jesus is fake.Its leadershp by eg.Jesus never forced any1 to biliv him,neither did he fought/led a jihad,use konfu/taekwando to woo pple to himself in d bible.If any association does d contrary,they re on their own.I know of Jesus' opposite who encourage more criminality in his religion

(1) (Reply)

Http://muslimmadnes..com/ / What About The Elephant And The Giraffe? / Homosexualism Is It Right?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.