Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,778 members, 7,817,211 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:16 AM

Agony Of 2.2 Bachelors Degree With Masters Degree - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Agony Of 2.2 Bachelors Degree With Masters Degree (5217 Views)

Pastor Adeyemi's Daughter Graduates With Masters Degree In Law In US / Why Is university certificate Called Bachelors Degree? / Nigerian Lady With Masters In Law From A UK University Offered N35k As Salary (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Agony Of 2.2 Bachelors Degree With Masters Degree by otabuko(m): 11:07am On Jul 31, 2017
This is going to be a lesson. As short as possible. Undergraduates should strive to make atleast a 2.1. People refer to Timaya and 16/400 in Jamb and my simple question is, would everyone make it like Timaya in Music. Some refer to Dino. Now, do you have the connection he has. *back to my point* after making a 2.2[CGPA 3.42] and bagging masters, I still see job openings that say 2.1 in first degree plus masters. I just feel like fainting, and no one agrees to shift for me to faint. Try your best undergraduates. Your first degree is always the strongest side. Cheers.
Do not let people deceive you with entrepreneurship, everyone would not be one.
Cheers again!
Mynd 44
Lala.

26 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Agony Of 2.2 Bachelors Degree With Masters Degree by lastmessenger: 2:58pm On Jul 31, 2017
And in your mind going to school is all about getting a job in a company.

12 Likes

Re: Agony Of 2.2 Bachelors Degree With Masters Degree by ThundrCork(m): 3:09pm On Jul 31, 2017
Even the 2.1 or first class is no guarantee

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Agony Of 2.2 Bachelors Degree With Masters Degree by Mcowubaba: 4:08pm On Jul 31, 2017
I know a first class graduate who just applied for this recent 2017 Npower program grin grin True story Bro

Don't get me wrong, I'm not mocking him or first class graduates, I'm just telling you that, your own no worse pass.

Ogbeni Calm down jare, so if I may ask, why didn't you apply for Npower, 30K for a start...

Or are you too big for Npower program grin, is 30K too small. grin

Then continue in your anguish tongue tongue

The earlier you realise that nobody owes you anything in this present Nigeria, the better for you.
You think say Nigeria na Developed/reasonable country

If you like graduate with CGPA of 4.98/5.0, if you are not lucky, diligent or connected ,you're on your own.

6 Likes

Re: Agony Of 2.2 Bachelors Degree With Masters Degree by Airoflaw(m): 4:48pm On Jul 31, 2017
Npower saving life since 1520

1 Like

Re: Agony Of 2.2 Bachelors Degree With Masters Degree by swagguElite(m): 8:58pm On Jul 31, 2017
I dnt know why everyone thinks business is everyone's way! ...just because yuar successful in your own business does not mean anoda person should engage in a business to be successful!

Are yu telling me that one-third of your customers or consumers are not people who got job using their degree! ... Op is making a useful point here! ... Instead of deriving from his points the theme he was trying to create you are telling him to drop his degree n look for a better job!

I believe if yu work yu will get rewarded! ..either yu go through the self employment channel or either using your degree channel! ... Just read the words of Op n get into your head that in wateva yu seem to do ...do it well to be the best!

Yuar seeking a pathway in your career by going for a whitecollar or any job whose salary is worthy of showing off ...get the best results First Class or Second class Upper

If yuar into the self employment module! ...get better in your communication,customer service skills most esp. ICT skills ...the world is quite evolving!

It is not like they are no white collar jobs out Nigeria ...you just don't expect employment offers to be spread across the net ...over 70% of employment offers are not advertised or placed online you should know that ...so be wise!

Whether white collar or self employed! ...it is a game of _different method _same result! ...you both get your money ..depending on how great your passion is!

Am very sure when Oyedepo told his friends he wanted to be a pastor ...he would surely be made jest of! ...Now the n!gga is in money! ...money mostly gotten from pockets of self-employed n white collar job holders! ...he is not self-employed neither is he employed he is a man of God so to say! ...blessed by your pockets!

Lord is God! ..halleluyaaah sumbody! Hehehehe! ...if yu get deep voice n White teeth ..better go open church n get your money quick before they start taxing them in few years time!
tongue

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Agony Of 2.2 Bachelors Degree With Masters Degree by Nobody: 8:58pm On Jul 31, 2017
Mcowubaba:
I know a first class graduate who just applied for this recent 2017 Npower program grin grin True story Bro

Don't get me wrong, I'm not mocking him or first class graduates, I'm just telling you that, your own no worse pass.

Ogbeni Calm down jare, so if I may ask, why didn't you apply for Npower, 30K for a start...

The earlier you realise that nobody owes you anything in this present Nigeria, the better for you.

If you like graduate with CGPA of 4.98/5.0, if you are not lucky, diligent or connected ,you're on your own.

Lol

you know one?
I know 7 grin. Survival in Nigeria is like living in a jungle. No free meals

1 Like

Re: Agony Of 2.2 Bachelors Degree With Masters Degree by confirmguy: 9:17pm On Jul 31, 2017
otabuko:
This is going to be a lesson. As short as possible. Undergraduates should strive to make atleast a 2.1. People refer to Timaya and 16/400 in Jamb and my simple question is, would everyone make it like Timaya in Music. Some refer to Dino. Now, do you have the connection he has. *back to my point* after making a 2.2[CGPA 3.42] and bagging masters, I still see job openings that say 2.1 in first degree plus masters. I just feel like fainting, and no one agrees to shift for me to faint. Try your best undergraduates. Your first degree is always the strongest side. Cheers.
Cheers again!
Mynd 44
Lala.

I sight u brother, makes sense
Re: Agony Of 2.2 Bachelors Degree With Masters Degree by yomalex(m): 11:25pm On Jul 31, 2017
very important
Re: Agony Of 2.2 Bachelors Degree With Masters Degree by laudate: 2:08am On Aug 01, 2017
otabuko:
Cheers again!
Mynd 44
Lala.

Please do not make yourself miserable. sad I have seen 2.2 graduates with a Masters' degree, being gainfully employed by multinationals. And I have seen 2.1 graduates with the same masters' degree, flunking interviews and entrance exams into several companies. Different strokes for different folks. HR managers & recruiters always ask for 2.1 graduates in order to make their own job easier, or to reduce the large volume of applications, they receive for a role. undecided

I have sat on interview panels before, and I have seen graduates with a 3rd class perform even better during interview and assessment sessions, than 2.1 graduates. cheesy When you finally get a job in a structured multinational firm, you will see there isn't much difference between 2.1 graduates and 2.2 graduates. In fact, what would probably count more are your willingness to learn, aptitude to execute tasks, ability to think outside the box and get solutions, as well as the tenacity to go the extra mile. undecided Getting additional professional qualifications, also helps a candidate more than a 2.1 grade would do. It is only God that opens a door, and no man shuts it. Even a 1st class degree, may not open some doors for you.

7 Likes

Re: Agony Of 2.2 Bachelors Degree With Masters Degree by benzion72(m): 3:00am On Aug 01, 2017
Still leaving in the era of industrial revolution go to school get good grade so you can get good job
Friend that era is dead wake up to reality. It is a market era take something peop
le need to the market and be the best at it
Take only one topic in your years of study and give it a market value. If you study phe start aerobic gym teach slimming through exercise my one kobo

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Agony Of 2.2 Bachelors Degree With Masters Degree by Nobody: 4:19am On Aug 01, 2017
otabuko:
Cheers again!
Mynd 44
Lala.
I feel you bruh. I'll suggest you go for your PhD, considering the age restrictions with jobs in naija and seems you ain't got no hands-on experience in your field, your best bet might be PhD, try look for scholarship abroad, maybe in US or Canada.
Re: Agony Of 2.2 Bachelors Degree With Masters Degree by otabuko(m): 5:33am On Aug 01, 2017
laudate:

Please do not make yourself miserable. sad I have seen 2.2 graduates with a Masters' degree, being gainfully employed by multinationals. And I have seen 2.1 graduates with the same masters' degree, flunking interviews and entrance exams into several companies. Different strokes for different folks. HR managers & recruiters always ask for 2.1 graduates in order to make their own job easier, or to reduce the large volume of applications, they receive for a role. undecided

I have sat on interview panels before, and I have seen graduates with a 3rd class perform even better during interview and assessment sessions, than 2.1 graduates. cheesy When you finally get a job in a structured multinational firm, you will see there isn't much difference between 2.1 graduates and 2.2 graduates. In fact, what would probably count more are your willingness to learn, aptitude to execute tasks, ability to think outside the box and get solutions, as well as the tenacity to go the extra mile. undecided Getting additional professional qualifications, also helps a candidate more than a 2.1 grade would do. It is only God that opens a door, and no man shuts it. Even a 1st class degree, may not open some doors for you.
seriously I appreciate this writeup/response. Thanks brother.

1 Like

Re: Agony Of 2.2 Bachelors Degree With Masters Degree by otabuko(m): 5:41am On Aug 01, 2017
swagguElite:
I dnt know why everyone thinks business is everyone's way! ...just because yuar successful in your own business does not mean anoda person should engage in a business to be successful!

Are yu telling me that one-third of your customers or consumers are not people who got job using their degree! ... Op is making a useful point here! ... Instead of deriving from his points the theme he was trying to create you are telling him to drop his degree n look for a better job!

I believe if yu work yu will get rewarded! ..either yu go through the self employment channel or either using your degree channel! ... Just read the words of Op n get into your head that in wateva yu seem to do ...do it well to be the best!

Yuar seeking a pathway in your career by going for a whitecollar or any job whose salary is worthy of showing off ...get the best results First Class or Second class Upper

If yuar into the self employment module! ...get better in your communication,customer service skills most esp. ICT skills ...the world is quite evolving!

It is not like they are no white collar jobs out Nigeria ...you just don't expect employment offers to be spread across the net ...over 70% of employment offers are not advertised or placed online you should know that ...so be wise!

Whether white collar or self employed! ...it is a game of _different method _same result! ...you both get your money ..depending on how great your passion is!

Am very sure when Oyedepo told his friends he wanted to be a pastor ...he would surely be made jest of! ...Now the n!gga is in money! ...money mostly gotten from pockets of self-employed n white collar job holders! ...he is not self-employed neither is he employed he is a man of God so to say! ...blessed by your pockets!

Lord is God! ..halleluyaaah sumbody! Hehehehe! ...if yu get deep voice n White teeth ..better go open church n get your money quick before they start taxing them in few years time!
tongue
seriously. People refuse to understand what they read. Thanks for stopping by.

2 Likes

Re: Agony Of 2.2 Bachelors Degree With Masters Degree by otabuko(m): 5:42am On Aug 01, 2017
lastmessenger:
And in your mind going to school is all about getting a job in a company.
read and țry to comprehend.
Re: Agony Of 2.2 Bachelors Degree With Masters Degree by otabuko(m): 5:45am On Aug 01, 2017
Mcowubaba:

this is a show of ignorance. I should continue in my anguish. Can we as young people make our point without insults?
Re: Agony Of 2.2 Bachelors Degree With Masters Degree by otabuko(m): 5:46am On Aug 01, 2017
desiigner:

I feel you bruh. I'll suggest you go for your PhD, considering the age restrictions with jobs in naija and seems you ain't got no hands-on experience in your field, your best bet might be PhD, try look for scholarship abroad, maybe in US or Canada.
I'm waiting for one though but finance shaa.. There's God. Lol
Re: Agony Of 2.2 Bachelors Degree With Masters Degree by lastmessenger: 7:39am On Aug 01, 2017
otabuko:
read and țry to comprehend.
what else do I need to comprehend when your emphasy is on job after school? I my opinion, people should go to school to get knowledge which they will apply in life to succeed.
Re: Agony Of 2.2 Bachelors Degree With Masters Degree by Nobody: 7:43am On Aug 01, 2017
ThankGod I'm in 2_1. Can't risk it.
Re: Agony Of 2.2 Bachelors Degree With Masters Degree by walex2(m): 8:28am On Aug 01, 2017
People like this make me sick. Your life is about making 2.1 and work in a company. Low self esteem, your 2.1 is as useless as anything if you can think above board. Do you even bother to ask the qualification of the CEO of the company you want to work with
Please move away from your shell and create jobs rather than looking for one.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Agony Of 2.2 Bachelors Degree With Masters Degree by Robbin7(m): 8:56am On Aug 01, 2017
OP, the problem basically is "there is no job in Nigeria" looking at those companies, even the CEO's and Managers didn't make that good result in their time, but they are trying to reduce the number if people coming for interview and look for ways to even lower the salaries they'll pay. Its only in Nigeria here we have or Africa we have 2.2, in the western world, its 1,2,3. That's all.
So, my davuce for young matriculants, strive to be the best knowing you put in your best and you will be proud of what comes out and don't fail to develop yourself extra curricular.
Re: Agony Of 2.2 Bachelors Degree With Masters Degree by otabuko(m): 9:47am On Aug 01, 2017
Rorachy:
Darling. Don't risk oh. Don't mind some irrelevant comments above and below.
Re: Agony Of 2.2 Bachelors Degree With Masters Degree by Nobody: 9:55am On Aug 01, 2017
otabuko:
Darling. Don't risk oh. Don't mind some irrelevant comments above and below.
I've always had that in mind since I entered school.
Re: Agony Of 2.2 Bachelors Degree With Masters Degree by Nobody: 9:59am On Aug 01, 2017
walex2:
People like this make me sick. Your life is about making 2.1 and work in a company. Low self esteem, your 2.1 is as useless as anything if you can think above board. Do you even bother to ask the qualification of the CEO of the company you want to work with
In an economic system especially a market economy, some people will be entrepreneur while others will be workers, we all can't be entrepreneurs at the same time, someone like me now, I have made up my mind that I will work not be a CEO cos I don't have business ideas neither can I do business.

1 Like

Re: Agony Of 2.2 Bachelors Degree With Masters Degree by otabuko(m): 10:12am On Aug 01, 2017
Rorachy:
I've always had that in mind since I entered school.
you're bae.
Re: Agony Of 2.2 Bachelors Degree With Masters Degree by otabuko(m): 10:14am On Aug 01, 2017
walex2:
you're a noise maker. I bet you don't have a company name talk more of registration. You hide behind your phones and talk about entrepreneurship and job creation. You should be sick thinking about how your line of thoughts flow. How many jobs have you created? Abeg.

2 Likes

Re: Agony Of 2.2 Bachelors Degree With Masters Degree by DonnyE(m): 10:24am On Aug 01, 2017
Rorachy:
It's very good and exciting to graduate with a 2.1 hoping to get a job just after school.Atleast I am testimony of that.But it didn't come easy because I obtained two professional certification courses in Engineering during my Nysc service year...Thats what most graduates with first class and 2.1 and 2.2 fail to realize..A lot of times your first degree is not just enough,you need something to distinguish you out..Good guys.
Re: Agony Of 2.2 Bachelors Degree With Masters Degree by otabuko(m): 10:30am On Aug 01, 2017
DonnyE:

It's very good and exciting to graduate with a 2.1 hoping to get a job just after school.Atleast I am testimony of that.But it didn't come easy because I obtained two professional certification courses in Engineering during my Nysc service year...Thats what most graduates with first class and 2.1 and 2.2 fail to realize..A lot of times your first degree is not just enough,you need something to distinguish you out..Good guys.
it's good to have an additional backup to distinguish yourself. Thanks for stopping by.
Re: Agony Of 2.2 Bachelors Degree With Masters Degree by Nobody: 10:37am On Aug 01, 2017
DonnyE:

Same thing I want to do, as am graduating next year, I will strive to write at least two professional exams to support my degree.
ICAN and NIM and my school will register me in TRCN as per education student.
Re: Agony Of 2.2 Bachelors Degree With Masters Degree by ogawisdom(m): 10:39am On Aug 01, 2017
otabuko:
Cheers again!
Mynd 44
Lala.

Even with a first class nothing is guaranteed

Employers will continue to raise the bar as long as supply of graduates far exceeds d demand. First class degree with first class masters is d future struggling for a job of 70k lol
We have heard of dangote PhD holder truck driver applicants, many jobless PhD holders are in town

Skill acquisition n entrepreneurship works
Another thing dt works too is connection angry angry angry

1 Like

Re: Agony Of 2.2 Bachelors Degree With Masters Degree by ogawisdom(m): 10:58am On Aug 01, 2017
swagguElite:

tongue

Sometimes you dnt have a choice than to seek self employment whether u like it or not BC u must earn a living n survive. You cant finish sch n be eating mama thank ma for over 5 yrs BC u r submitting CV n nt try other ways to earn a living.

Bottomline get started with self employment while looking for paid job. Sitting at home daily doing nothing but submitting CVs is a no no

(1) (2) (Reply)

His CGPA Is 1.14 After Two Years, PLEASE ADVICE! / JAMB UTME 2018: Change Of Course/institution Now On [how To Apply] / Actors/Athletes Who Died/were Killed On Stage Performance(histogore)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.