Stats: 3,152,970 members, 7,817,846 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:06 PM

Is There Anything Special When You Pray On The Mountain - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is There Anything Special When You Pray On The Mountain (5263 Views)

TB Joshua Praying On The Mountain For Coronavirus To End (Video) / TB Joshua On The Mountain Praying For Coronavirus End (Photos) / The Lord Said, I Should Pray On Your Picture For Favour. Listen To The Prayer On (2) (3) (4)

Is There Anything Special When You Pray On The Mountain by maxdosh(m): 11:33am On Jul 31, 2017
I was at home when someone was telling me how her pastor said he went to the mountain to pray. And i was like errm undecided so?

I have heard several times that people go to the mountain to pray. I was asking one time why people do that as in does it mean that God has his house built on the mountain or if you pray in your house there is network failure so your prayers don't reach God? I don't understand.

I am even considering shooting a documentary soon regarding it. Because its really awkward how ppl have these beliefs.

Now guys for you who have gone there to pray.... i would like to know if there is anything special that happens when one goes to the mountain to pray.

Secondly if there is anything special i would like to know myself how to get there from Oshodi, Lagos.
Re: Is There Anything Special When You Pray On The Mountain by Nobody: 11:38am On Jul 31, 2017
YES, THEY GO THERE TO PRAY TO THEIR god's....

WHEN JESUS TAUGHT US HOW TO PRAY, HE NEVER ASKED US TO GO TO THE MOUNTAIN. HE ASKED US TO GO INTO THE INNER ROOM, SHUT THE DOORS AND PRAY SILENTLY. MATHEW 6:6

SO MANY CHRISTIANS WILL NEVER MAKE HEAVEN BECAUSE OF THE DOCTRINES AND TEACHINGS THEY PRACTICE.

Re: Is There Anything Special When You Pray On The Mountain by hopefulLandlord: 11:40am On Jul 31, 2017
hmmmm
Re: Is There Anything Special When You Pray On The Mountain by yomi007k(m): 11:47am On Jul 31, 2017
StephDamielola:

WHEN JESUS TAUGHT US HOW TO PRAY, HE NEVER ASKED US TO GO TO THE MOUNTAIN. HE ASKED US TO GO INTO THE INNER ROOM, SHUT THE DOORS AND PRAY SILENTLY. MATHEW 6:6

SO MANY CHRISTIANS WILL NEVER MAKE HEAVEN BECAUSE OF THE DOCTRINES AND TEACHINGS THEY PRACTICE.

Wow...ds is hoe I pray....I dont believe in noise making or climbing mountains.

I believe in finding a quiet place to connect with God both at home n at work.
Re: Is There Anything Special When You Pray On The Mountain by Nobody: 11:55am On Jul 31, 2017
yomi007k:

Wow...ds is hoe I pray....I dont believe in noise making or climbing mountains.

I believe in finding a quiet place to connect with God both at home n at work.

THOSE WHO MAKE NOISE WHILE PRAYING, JESUS REGARDED THEM AS HYPOCRITES....

DON'T LET THE HERBALISTS/SPIRITUALISTS CUM PASTORS DECEIVE YOU.

AFRICAN VOODOO IS VERY POTENT EVEN THE WHITES KNOW THIS. THE GUYS WITH VOODOO KNOWLEDGE ARE NOW REFINED AND OWN CHURCHES NOW.

Re: Is There Anything Special When You Pray On The Mountain by sekundosekundo: 12:01pm On Jul 31, 2017
Read John 4:21-24
Re: Is There Anything Special When You Pray On The Mountain by maxdosh(m): 12:05pm On Jul 31, 2017
StephDamielola:

As in eh. These are my thoughts exactly. Thats exactly what Jesus said
Re: Is There Anything Special When You Pray On The Mountain by yomi007k(m): 12:15pm On Jul 31, 2017
StephDamielola:

THOSE WHO MAKE NOISE WHILE PRAYING, JESUS REGARDED THEM AS HYPOCRITES....

DON'T LET THE HERBALISTS/SPIRITUALISTS CUM PASTORS DECEIVE YOU.

AFRICAN VOODOO IS VERY POTENT EVEN THE WHITES KNOW THIS. THE GUYS WITH VOODOO KNOWLEDGE ARE NOW REFINED AND OWN CHURCHES NOW.
Hmmm....tnx babe.

Im not really a religious person but I believe in God plus my prayers get answered- so long as I do wat is right n follow laws of nature.

I agree wt wat u hv said
Re: Is There Anything Special When You Pray On The Mountain by Nobody: 12:26pm On Jul 31, 2017
yomi007k:

Hmmm....tnx babe.

Im not really a religious person but I believe in God plus my prayers get answered- so long as I do wat is right n follow laws of nature.

I agree wt wat u hv said

Thank you Sir.

I believe so much in the laws of nature and religion is a failed project for me. I pray and give alms because its a Natural law of (GIVING AND RECEIVING). What i don't have, i am not entitled to it yet. I cant aim for a Lambo when i can only afford a Benz without a borrowing. Most people live on CREDIT, yet they dedicate cars in church to maintain their social status...... LIFE IS IN PHASES WHILE MEN ARE IN SIZES

I follow the teachings of JESUS only and I DONT PAY TITHE... YET I AM OK IN LIFE AND BUSINESS.

THE BOOK OF PSALMS ARE FOR OCCULTIC MEN.... I KNOW WHAT I AM TALKING ABOUT BELIEVE ME cheesy

THEY USE THE BIBLE AND ALSO, THE QURAN..

MODERN DAY CHRISTIANITY IS NOTHING BUT OCCULTISM AND SPIRITUALISM. THAT'S WHY THEY ARE INTERESTED IN MEMBERSHIP
Re: Is There Anything Special When You Pray On The Mountain by yomi007k(m): 12:30pm On Jul 31, 2017
StephDamielola:

Thank you Sir.

I believe so much in the laws of nature and religion is a failed project for me. I pray and give alms because its a Natural law of (GIVING AND RECEIVING). What i don't have, i am not entitled to it yet. I cant aim for a Lambo when i can only afford a Benz without a borrowing. Most people live on CREDIT, yet they dedicate cars in church to maintain their social status...... LIFE IS IN PHASES WHILE MEN ARE IN SIZES

I follow the teachings of JESUS only and I DONT PAY TITHE... YET I AM OK IN LIFE AND BUSINESS.

THE BOOK OF PSALMS ARE FOR OCCULTIC MEN.... I KNOW WHAT I AM TALKING ABOUT BELIEVE ME cheesy

MODERN DAY CHRISTIANITY IS NOTHING BUT OCCULTISM AND SPIRITUALISM. THAT'S WHY THEY ARE INTERESTED IN MEMBERSHIP

Hmmmm....u r speaking my mind.

I knew a long time ago that religion in Africa is nothing but a game. That's y I gave up on it.
Re: Is There Anything Special When You Pray On The Mountain by maxdosh(m): 12:36pm On Jul 31, 2017
StephDamielola:

Thank you Sir.

Hmmm really some revelation going on here. Please elaborate more. I am a person with an open mind.

I have a covenant with God that requires i pay my tithe not to the church but people in need and that has worked for me. If you give and it works for you we are on the same path just in a different style.

Now i would like to know why you say the book of psalms is for occultic men. You sound wise some people would like to eat ur brains a little (figuratively speaking)
Re: Is There Anything Special When You Pray On The Mountain by Nobody: 12:53pm On Jul 31, 2017
maxdosh:

Hmmm really some revelation going on here. Please elaborate more. I am a person with an open mind.

I have a covenant with God that requires i pay my tithe not to the church but people in need and that has worked for me. If you give and it works for you we are on the same path just in a different style.

Now i would like to know why you say the book of psalms is for occultic men. You sound wise some people would like to eat ur brains a little (figuratively speaking)

Sir, i have been doing a study on Modern Day Christianity in Africa and The Rise of the Prophets. Most of my revelations are based on experiences, research and questions answered. I have traveled to so many countries (Mostly African) in search of the truth.

Have you wondered why there are so many prophets (Psychics) in Africa lately?

And why there are so many cases of miscarriages lately?

And why are these Prophets always accused of Infidelity?

ITS NOT A COINCIDENCE

In a bid to get those powers, before now they use live Babies. But time has changes, they don't need all those. They just need to sleep with you, and Viola your they kill any child that finds its way into that womb while they continue with their promiscuity.
It is a lasting circle, so they cannot stop sleeping with young girls.

They get this powers from Ghana or Benin Republic.

Nana Kwaku Bonsam claimed to have given over 4000 African Prophets the power to Prophesy

I really have alot but i will speak when it is time...
Re: Is There Anything Special When You Pray On The Mountain by yomi007k(m): 12:58pm On Jul 31, 2017
StephDamielola:

Sir, i have been doing a study on Modern Day Christianity in Africa and The Rise of the Prophets. Most of my revelations are based on experiences, research and questions answered. I have traveled to so many countries (Mostly African) in search of the truth.

ITS NOT A COINCIDENCE

In a bid to get those powers, before now they use live Babies. But time has changes, they don't need all those. They just need to sleep with you, and Viola your they kill any child that finds its way into that womb while they continue with their promiscuity.

Nana Kwaku Bonsam claimed to have given over 4000 African Prophets the power to Prophesy

Im beginning to like u more...

U hv highlighted a problem. Now how do we solve this? I mean how will one help a lady that is a victim of these men? .
Re: Is There Anything Special When You Pray On The Mountain by maxdosh(m): 12:59pm On Jul 31, 2017
StephDamielola:

ITS NOT A COINCIDENCE

Could you please contact me on whatsapp with the number in my signature. Lets talk more
Re: Is There Anything Special When You Pray On The Mountain by Nobody: 1:09pm On Jul 31, 2017
Let me Share a Personal Experience

One day i was driving through Orlu Road in Owerri, Imo State.

I saw a lady run out of the Hotel and was crying. I pulled over and When we asked her "What happened" she said. The Man that just drove off the Hotel (I saw the car) Took her into the hotel only for them to Have sex and he just stood up and said "What i am looking for, someone has already taken it". He gave her money, wore his clothes and drove off. She was Afraid and Dumbfounded.

These men don't use prostitutes, they look for Young girls and Fertile Married Women.

I have alot of friends and if they tell you what they have experienced in the hands of these so called MEN OF GOD, you ears will tingle.

I can even name some Prophets that have been caught on the act. I will tell you names of Ladies they used and where they did it.
Re: Is There Anything Special When You Pray On The Mountain by Nobody: 1:15pm On Jul 31, 2017
yomi007k:

Im beginning to like u more...

U hv highlighted a problem. Now how do we solve this? I mean how will one help a lady that is a victim of these men? .

During these times, i can BODLY say "The girls were never hypnotized"

They were sweet talked and most of them did it out of FEAR. Maybe they dont want to Attract the Wrath of GOD or a CURSE FROM THE Men of gods.

So the solution is a reorientation, These men are not God. They have no right to have sex with you. And God will never Punish you for refusing them sex. They have no power to curse you unless they choose to use spiritualism to Hinder your success for a while but certainly, they cant stop you.

Re: Is There Anything Special When You Pray On The Mountain by yomi007k(m): 1:20pm On Jul 31, 2017
StephDamielola:

During these times, i can BODLY say "The girls were never hypnotized"

They were sweet talked and most of them did it out of FEAR. Maybe they dont want to Attract the Wrath of GOD or a CURSE FROM THE Men of gods.

So the solution is a reorientation, These men are not God. They have no right to have sex with you. And God will never Punish you for refusing them sex. They have no power to curse you unless they choose to use spiritualism to Hinder your success for a while but certainly, they cant stop you.

Great...I will try to do my bit in helping the ones I see.

Take care.
Re: Is There Anything Special When You Pray On The Mountain by maxdosh(m): 6:56pm On Jul 31, 2017
StephDamielola:
Let me Share a Personal Experience

One day i was driving through Orlu Road in Owerri, Imo State.

I saw a lady run out of the Hotel and was crying. I pulled over and When we asked her "What happened" she said. The Man that just drove off the Hotel (I saw the car) Took her into the hotel only for them to Have sex and he just stood up and said "What i am looking for, someone has already taken it". He gave her money, wore his clothes and drove off. She was Afraid and Dumbfounded.

These men don't use prostitutes, they look for Young girls and Fertile Married Women.

I have alot of friends and if they tell you what they have experienced in the hands of these so called MEN OF GOD, you ears will tingle.

I can even name some Prophets that have been caught on the act. I will tell you names of Ladies they used and where they did it.

Hmm this is fascinating
Re: Is There Anything Special When You Pray On The Mountain by xtivin(m): 7:29pm On Jul 31, 2017
StephDamielola:

Jesus himself prayed at the mountain and we are his follower. try and understand the context in which he was speaking there. Jesus answers question in relation to their intention. There is nothing bad in praying in the mountain because it's a direct way to communicate with nature.By design some mountains are holy and has specific function, you might not understand this but it's a spiritual wisdom. There are specific angels that dwell in a certain holy mountain and you can only get what you want depending on your faith. I am a redeemer but I don't play with my personal mountain prayer

Re: Is There Anything Special When You Pray On The Mountain by maxdosh(m): 1:09am On Aug 01, 2017
xtivin:

Jesus himself prayed at the mountain and we are his follower. try and understand the context in which he was speaking there. Jesus answers question in relation to their intention. There is nothing bad in praying in the mountain because it's a direct way to communicate with nature.By design some mountains are holy and has specific function, you might not understand this but it's a spiritual wisdom. There are specific angels that dwell in a certain holy mountain and you can only get what you want depending on your faith. I am a redeemer but I don't play with my personal mountain prayer

So you are saying angels dwell on the mountains and there are holy mountains? Interesting. Please how do o go to any of these mountains, i would like to see this fpr myself. I need an address
Re: Is There Anything Special When You Pray On The Mountain by oaroloye(m): 6:00am On Aug 01, 2017
SHALOM!

According to NAGUALISM, a certain amount of SPIRITUAL ENERGY is dedicated TO BINDING us to THINGS WE CARE ABOUT.

Going up a mountain BREAKS THOSE BONDS.

The Spiritual Energy so freed up can be diverted to Spiritual Feats- such as PRAYER.

Separated from TOWN-RELATIONSHIP, we BECOME ACCESSIBLE to Spirit Entities who do not want to deal with other people.
Re: Is There Anything Special When You Pray On The Mountain by nlPoster: 11:11am On Feb 26, 2020
maxdosh:

Hmm this is fascinating

Weird story.

If true, the lady needs to pray and also change her associates.

If I have to point out she should also desist from random sex habits, that would be counterproductive because it should go without saying.

You cant play this game better than the experts.
Re: Is There Anything Special When You Pray On The Mountain by Lovelash: 3:26pm On Feb 26, 2020
maxdosh:

I was at home when someone was telling me how her pastor said he went to the mountain to pray. And i was like errm undecided so?

I have heard several times that people go to the mountain to pray. I was asking one time why people do that as in does it mean that God has his house built on the mountain or if you pray in your house there is network failure so your prayers don't reach God? I don't understand.

I am even considering shooting a documentary soon regarding it. Because its really awkward how ppl have these beliefs.

Now guys for you who have gone there to pray.... i would like to know if there is anything special that happens when one goes to the mountain to pray.

Secondly if there is anything special i would like to know myself how to get there from Oshodi, Lagos.
Read Jeremiah 3: 23 for answer.
Re: Is There Anything Special When You Pray On The Mountain by OBichukwuTehil: 12:16am On Apr 20, 2021
I saw this write up and i decided not to skip because many are ignorant of what they are saying. I am not suppose to reply but am doing this based on the people that will come across this that they might not be deceived. You are saying that praying in the mountain is not scriptural to go Luke 6vs 12 when Jesus went to pray in the mountain. Go to mark 6vs 46, Mathew 14vs 23. I can go on and on and on and give you scriptures. All this baby Christians go and study well before you start arguing the word of the Lord. Why people go to the mountains to pray is for them to be able to pray without out disturbance, a place that is very quiet that the only thing that happens there is prayer. They also go there to pray for a special spiritual gift like being filled with the holy ghost. Remember it is written that after Jesus Christ was baptized that the spirit of God laid him into the wilderness where he fasted for forty days and forty nights. The truth is that some of us reading this scripture is not reading with understanding because they are not spirit filled. the bible is not a novel. Go and check the definition of wilderness. I don't want to go further on that. I also saw an uninformed person saying that psalms should not be studied that it is used by occult men. And i laughed ignorance again did you know the scripture more than the devil himself. The one that was in heaven that even asked Jesus to turn stones to bread and eat. He quoted scriptures to Jesus but because Jesus was informed He defended himself with scriptures. Be wise. Remember in the book of revelation it says do not remove any word i have spoken or add anything to it. It is also written that heaven and earth will pass away but the word of the Lord will remain. Be guided. I also hear someone talking about prophets. It is also written that in the end time many will come in my name doing mighty things but they are not from me, They are the anti Christ. That doesn't mean that there are no good prophets out there. Its left for you as a spirit filled christian to know the one that is from God and the one that is from the devil.About tithing i will keep that for another day. Because that's a teaching on its own.
Re: Is There Anything Special When You Pray On The Mountain by Lawly: 8:09pm On May 12, 2021
OBichukwuTehil:
I saw this write up and i decided not to skip because many are ignorant of what they are saying. I am not suppose to reply but am doing this based on the people that will come across this that they might not be deceived. You are saying that praying in the mountain is not scriptural to go Luke 6vs 12 when Jesus went to pray in the mountain. Go to mark 6vs 46, Mathew 14vs 23. I can go on and on and on and give you scriptures. All this baby Christians go and study well before you start arguing the word of the Lord. Why people go to the mountains to pray is for them to be able to pray without out disturbance, a place that is very quiet that the only thing that happens there is prayer. They also go there to pray for a special spiritual gift like being filled with the holy ghost. Remember it is written that after Jesus Christ was baptized that the spirit of God laid him into the wilderness where he fasted for forty days and forty nights. The truth is that some of us reading this scripture is not reading with understanding because they are not spirit filled. the bible is not a novel. Go and check the definition of wilderness. I don't want to go further on that. I also saw an uninformed person saying that psalms should not be studied that it is used by occult men. And i laughed ignorance again did you know the scripture more than the devil himself. The one that was in heaven that even asked Jesus to turn stones to bread and eat. He quoted scriptures to Jesus but because Jesus was informed He defended himself with scriptures. Be wise. Remember in the book of revelation it says do not remove any word i have spoken or add anything to it. It is also written that heaven and earth will pass away but the word of the Lord will remain. Be guided. I also hear someone talking about prophets. It is also written that in the end time many will come in my name doing mighty things but they are not from me, They are the anti Christ. That doesn't mean that there are no good prophets out there. Its left for you as a spirit filled christian to know the one that is from God and the one that is from the devil.About tithing i will keep that for another day. Because that's a teaching on its own.

Tell them my brother. All those baby anti Christ christains love criticizing what other pastors do to show themselves off. Must they run down other pastors to make themselves noticed simply because they can't move the presence of God like the pastors they criticize do.
They exhibit the character of Cain in the Bible that ended up incuring curse from God. They also forgot that in the old testament, when the children of Israel were taken into exile to Babylon, some faithfull servants of God arose to take israel away from captivity. On getting back Israel, the first commandment from God they did was to build tabernacle for God. King Solomon too in the Bible or thereabouts built the largest tabanacle for God after a prophet of God prophesied that the children of Israel rob by building their own houses and ignoring God's house.
These miscreants pastors looking for attention like the one above will always attack other pastors higher in calling than them with distorted facts to curry the minds of the undercsinds. They will deliberately hide their eyes and ears from the humongous charity works and lives these other bigger pastors do which they themselves can never do in their lifetime. When pastor Enenche he criticises gave out materials worth N2billion to save the lives of the poor against corona virus where was he? When pastor Enenche gave communities drinking water and tarred their roads and put too many indigent children on scholarships, helped widows, helped the physically challengeds, removed prostitutes from prostitutions and gave them meaningful means of living, rented houses for people who couldn't, repaired families, fed people, gave a lot of people employment, where was he? And who even told him Dunamis, winners etc are one man's church? Does he know what they called incorporated trustees? Please people should get their facts correct b4 coming on public media to vomit rubbish. That's one thing with Christianity. We tolerate too much and that's why people take us for granted.
Re: Is There Anything Special When You Pray On The Mountain by Kobojunkie: 8:22pm On May 12, 2021
OBichukwuTehil:
1. When Jesus Christ taught you how to pray,He said should enter into your closet to pray in secret where no one will see or hear you. Praying in the mountain is not "scriptural" in the sense that it is not commanded. You can pray pretty much anywhere so long as you are able to do so in secret, away from the eyes and ears of anyone listening.

2. If you pray sometimes in secret and other times in the open, as you do in your churches though, you defeat the purpose since you are expected to offer all God your prayers in obedience to the commandments of Jesus Christ and not sometimes. undecided

3. Wherever you pray, the same God is there to hear and answer you so suggeting that special meaning is ascribed in scripture to your practices of praying in the mountain is rubbish. You can pray in your house or in your toilet and God will answer you as long as you do so in obedience to His commandment. undecided
Re: Is There Anything Special When You Pray On The Mountain by Kobojunkie: 8:35pm On May 12, 2021
Lovelash:
Read Jeremiah 3: 23 for answer.
ROFLMAO! That verse no warn you against mountains abeg!
grin cheesy grin cheesy cheesy
Re: Is There Anything Special When You Pray On The Mountain by mysticwarrior(m): 9:24pm On May 12, 2021
Mountain is a place where people go to for high spiritual meditation, there are no noise, disturbance or distractions in the mountain, Christians clergymen, Buddhist monks and hindu priests go to the mountain for spiritual encounter.
Re: Is There Anything Special When You Pray On The Mountain by Kobojunkie: 9:28pm On May 12, 2021
mysticwarrior:
Mountain is a place where people go to for high spiritual meditation, there are no noise, disturbance or distractions in the mountain, Christians clergymen, Buddhist monks and hindu priests go to the mountain for spiritual encounter.
"High spiritual meditation" sounds alot light spiritual bullsheet to me though since I have met some folks who live and pray atop of mountains and they are no more spiritual than I am and I've never been to the top of any mountain, ever. undecided

How Many Times Do You Have To "break A Curse" / "The Lord's Prayer" Is Not For Believers / Was This The Family That Invented Jesus?

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98