Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,145 members, 7,860,111 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 05:47 AM

Cnn Discusses Nigeria. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Cnn Discusses Nigeria. (817 Views)

APC Discusses Power Struggle Between Yemi Osinbajo And Nasir El-rufai TODAY / Monday In Westminister! UK Commons Discusses Nigeria's Situation / Jarus Discusses Nigeria, Youths & Social Media On Channels, LTV And Bentv (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Cnn Discusses Nigeria. by dmxqo(m): 9:57pm On Feb 09, 2010
C. Amanpour of CNN just had Nigeria as the focal point tonight. Interviewing Ministers, and Soyinka who made it intresting by opening criticizng individuals in Nigerian politics.
Re: Cnn Discusses Nigeria. by PapaBrowne(m): 10:08pm On Feb 09, 2010
Aondooaka was on. . . . . . . . . talking a bunch of gibberish!!
Re: Cnn Discusses Nigeria. by tundewoods(m): 10:39pm On Feb 09, 2010
PapaBrowne:

Aondooaka was on. . . . . . . . . talking a bunch of gibberish!!

@ What else do you expect from a confused AGF such as Aondooaka
Re: Cnn Discusses Nigeria. by dmxqo(m): 1:06am On Feb 10, 2010
Soyinka said he lies
Re: Cnn Discusses Nigeria. by hardywaltz(m): 1:38am On Feb 10, 2010
watched most part of it. Not particularly happy with Sonyinka's remarks (never been a fan of his). in criticising one should also be objective, straight to the point @ hand. The only way to effect change in any part of the world, is to join the current system and then change things when power is bestowed on you.
Fashola as an example, was part of the Tinubu govt, but on getting to power has changed the way a government is run to the highest standards, so also the likes of Ameachi.
To the issue at hand, Sonyinka should have made his comments based on the Jonathan being empowered as Actiing President, and how it will solve or not solve the Niger Delta wahala or if it takes care of power vaccum problem, not digressing into other issues and bad mouthing/washing our dirty linen in full glare of the entire world.
Whether we like it or not we have our ways of doing, which are yet to be perfect but with real commitment from all, we may change the way things are done. Sonyinka's records in FRSC in still very vivid to us who can remember, he must have seen how one good intents could easly be change into a propaganda against that person.
Re: Cnn Discusses Nigeria. by mahal(m): 9:16am On Feb 10, 2010
would they have a repeat broadcast??
Re: Cnn Discusses Nigeria. by citizenY(m): 9:27am On Feb 10, 2010
@hardywaltz,

I agree with your views on Soyinka. If you make him president, he will remain at the barricade
protesting against the president, till you remind him that he is indeed the president. This is why
was rather amused that MEND put him on their Aaron team. You see this is what happens
when people are living in the abstracts- big , verbose grammar and pretending to take themselves t
too seriously. We have problems, Yes , but can we talk? Why not? Please provide solutions not hot air.
The FRSC stint , I remember. The man will never join again.
Re: Cnn Discusses Nigeria. by edoyad(m): 9:43am On Feb 10, 2010
^ Talk with who ? Can an educated mind reason with one that has no appreciation for modern human values ?
Re: Cnn Discusses Nigeria. by Shoot2Kill: 9:51am On Feb 10, 2010
@citizen Y & Hardywaltz

It is people like you who are responsible for the kind of Nigeria we have today. What is wrong if Soyinka criticizes Nigeria. That ia a true Nigeria with a good heart. He is the only Nigeria can ca not even be accused one single corrupt act ever since he became popular.

That is a great man and he is the type of man who should rule Nigeria not that thief Jonathan who will soon steal as much as he can. You Nigerians make me wonder sometimes. We don't like good things that is why we will always be backward.
Re: Cnn Discusses Nigeria. by edoyad(m): 10:00am On Feb 10, 2010
Mr shoot2kill, 1. not every good man has to be president
2. There's no such thing as a perfect man, good men make bad decisions too but they've got the conscience, integrity and rationality to admit error and correct themselves
3. Soyinka is an academic who would far more valuable to this world nurturing youths than politicking with neanderthals.
The greatest influences of modern society never tasted power but they helped shape those societies.
Martin Luther King and Ghandi didn't need to be president to rescue their people.
Re: Cnn Discusses Nigeria. by Nobody: 10:20am On Feb 10, 2010
I also agree that Soyinka need not become president before he can change things. I have read the transcribed CNN interview, its an open and true criticisms of the current situation in the Nigerian state. Our main problem is that we live a lie and in denial of the problems confronting us. Admitting the problem is a first step towards its resolution.
Re: Cnn Discusses Nigeria. by citizenY(m): 11:20am On Feb 10, 2010
MR. Shoot2kill

It is rather people like you who will not allow others have their say that are the problem with Nigeria.
If Soyinka is your hero - fine. If he is not mine , fine too. You are also playing to the gallery, like all dramatists.

It is people like you who applaud nothingness and you have started by labeling the acting president a thief from
day one in office and your ilk will follow suit in NL. I do not see any sophistry in anything abstract , which is the
world you guys thrive in. Criticise and offer a solution.

(1) (Reply)

The Scarifice Of Development / Obasanjo Did Not Beg Me For 2003 Ticket, Says Atiku Abubakar ! / Igbos Are Not Appreciated By Nigeria – Uwechue

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.