Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,710 members, 7,816,916 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:10 PM

Tesla Unveils The World’s Cheapest Fully Electric Car At N11 Million - Car Talk (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Tesla Unveils The World’s Cheapest Fully Electric Car At N11 Million (32686 Views)

Sbarro 4×4+2: The Ugliest Car At The 2018 Geneva Motor Show (Photos) / Mercedes-Benz Unveils The All-New 2019 G550 G-Wagon / Tesla Unveils New Electric Truck & Stuns The World With New Roadster2 Sports Car (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tesla Unveils The World’s Cheapest Fully Electric Car At N11 Million by Nobody: 9:22am On Aug 01, 2017
Sagay212:
Ordinary from CMS to ajah....all your battery go drain for traffic jam. May be they have to produce power banks to charge the car...kikikikiki...I trust the Chinese to do that.
Lol please read about electric cars. They don't have ignitions, no engine to consume electricity. Infact it's like a toy car running on battery. When the car is not in motion does it drain battery? It only drains battery when it moves.. But electric cars are much better cause acceleration is directly proportional to the power required meaning more battery consumption only when required to move faster.

4 Likes

Re: Tesla Unveils The World’s Cheapest Fully Electric Car At N11 Million by nosiebaba(m): 9:23am On Aug 01, 2017
cosby02:
What will now happen to our oyel

This oyibo people sef undecided
It's called evolution. Technology made people dependent on oil now the same technology has come up with something better after years of painstaking research. Expect solar car's and expect Nigeria to be the dumping ground or petrol cars

1 Like

Re: Tesla Unveils The World’s Cheapest Fully Electric Car At N11 Million by Nobody: 9:24am On Aug 01, 2017
EgunMogaji:

Out of curiosity why this route specifically?
that's like the busiest federal route in the whole of Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Tesla Unveils The World’s Cheapest Fully Electric Car At N11 Million by Ebendo123(m): 9:29am On Aug 01, 2017
Just buy a good power bank to charge this car for road in case of Low Battery...
Just imagine driving from Uyo to Bornu and your car battery rundown along sambisa forest road... tongue
tongue tongue grin grin
Re: Tesla Unveils The World’s Cheapest Fully Electric Car At N11 Million by Nobody: 9:29am On Aug 01, 2017
Am glad, finally we will be able to drink our useless oil.

1 Like

Re: Tesla Unveils The World’s Cheapest Fully Electric Car At N11 Million by Crystalom3(m): 9:31am On Aug 01, 2017
Time to start constructing strategic charging points I.e filling station. No dulling man

2 Likes

Re: Tesla Unveils The World’s Cheapest Fully Electric Car At N11 Million by 400billionman: 9:32am On Aug 01, 2017
selfemployed:
Dangote is spending billions on oil refinery...

Others are investing on electric energy...

There's a possibility that the price of this electric car will fall by half and production will double in the next two years.

Who knows who else is researching on it and will improve on it?

Who can see the future better?

We in Africa are still backward.

He likes controlling the whole economy, but the refinery might fail him economically.

Trust Nigerian importers, the electric cars will be here in 2019..

1 Like

Re: Tesla Unveils The World’s Cheapest Fully Electric Car At N11 Million by Nobody: 9:33am On Aug 01, 2017
If innoson motor guys are smart, they should buy one of this cars and use it to research how to build electric cars, don't wait till you are out of business , jump ahead.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tesla Unveils The World’s Cheapest Fully Electric Car At N11 Million by Nobody: 9:33am On Aug 01, 2017
PrecisionFx:

""The standard version can travel 354 kilometres on a single charge""

The time of electric cars Is still over a century away. A single charge can't even go from Lagos to abuja (around 700km) and @ 11 million, most people in the world won't afford it.
Oil will still be here for a very long time.

Just look at the evolution of smartphones from 2008 till 2017, I can bet you are very wrong. One thing about technology you should remember is once a discovery is made and research and development is complete and licensed nothing else can stop it from reaching the rest of the world, in just 2 years you will see this cars in Nigeria I bet you. And in the next two years their will be drastic improvements in battery life just like our smartphone battery life of today.

3 Likes

Re: Tesla Unveils The World’s Cheapest Fully Electric Car At N11 Million by rottennaija(m): 9:36am On Aug 01, 2017
medexico:
No light to charge this car in Nigeria

I am a loving experience to the fact that in Nigeria, some areas do have more light than others. I recently moved to a new area and I can say, I have never experienced this type of power supply in this area as I had experienced in the past 28 years of my life.

And it's not a GRA

2 Likes

Re: Tesla Unveils The World’s Cheapest Fully Electric Car At N11 Million by Nobody: 9:41am On Aug 01, 2017
ucsparks:
that's like the busiest federal route in the whole of Nigeria

And is it mandated that it should be used as the measuring stick for limited range electric vehicles?
Re: Tesla Unveils The World’s Cheapest Fully Electric Car At N11 Million by Nobody: 9:42am On Aug 01, 2017
rottennaija:

I am a loving experience to the fact that in Nigeria, some areas do have more light than others. I recently moved to a new area and I can say, I have never experienced this type of power supply in this area as I had experienced in the past 28 years of my life.

And it's not a GRA

My site is not GRA in Ibadan and my Mai Guard reports 16 to 20 hours light per day.
Re: Tesla Unveils The World’s Cheapest Fully Electric Car At N11 Million by Tayeni(m): 9:43am On Aug 01, 2017
rozayx5:

if you live in bonny isalnd or all these IOCs estates in rivers state

an electric car could be fun
its no fun at all. The infrastructure to maintain this car is non existent....Tesla is not even looking here for market sef. But it will get here no doubt....maybe in 10 or 20 years after its common place in rich countries

1 Like

Re: Tesla Unveils The World’s Cheapest Fully Electric Car At N11 Million by dozymars(m): 9:45am On Aug 01, 2017
henryobinna:
cheesy cheesy
Nigerian...

The battery is not removable

You don't need to remove the battery, there are ways to integrate a spare battery

1 Like

Re: Tesla Unveils The World’s Cheapest Fully Electric Car At N11 Million by victorioushands: 9:50am On Aug 01, 2017
We are gradually advancing to the Asgardia reality. Let electric cars take over. One million miles before servicing is like driving the car from Abuja to Lagos and back everyday for 1500 days -an approximation of 4 years of continuous driving.

1 Like

Re: Tesla Unveils The World’s Cheapest Fully Electric Car At N11 Million by Nobody: 9:53am On Aug 01, 2017
PDPGuy:
Elon Musk, CEO and co-founder of Tesla, has unveiled the world’s cheapest fully electric car, Tesla Model 3.

The car, which was unveiled over the weekend cost $35,000 (N11,033,750 at official rate) for the standard version, while the long range version goes for $44,000.

The standard version can travel 354 kilometres on a single charge, and when charged for 30 minutes, it can travel for 209 kilometres.

Musk, who handed over 30 Tesla Model 3 to the first set of buyers, said the demand for the vehicle has surpassed supply till 2018. He added that the auto company had taken orders in excess of 500,000 reservations.

“It’s an amazing car, but we’re going to go through at least six months now of manufacturing hell… There’s 10,000 unique components in the car, and production moves as fast as the slowest one,” Musk told reporters.

“Demand is not a challenge for the Model 3… We do everything we can to unsell the car. Have you ever seen an ad for the Model 3?”

The Canadian-American said the car will not need servicing as often as other cars around the world, promising over a million miles before first servicing.

“We’re designing the Model 3 to ideally not require service. The next-generation powertrain is designed to be roughly a million miles between service, aspirationally.

“This is a great day for Tesla. it’s what we’ve been working for. The point of Tesla was to make a great, affordable car that was better than any gasoline car. It was never our goal to just make expensive cars.”

The car is in line with the world’s decision to move away from fossil fuel to electric cars before 2040.

https://www.thecable.ng/elon-musks-tesla-unveils-worlds-cheapest-fully-electric-car-n11m
Pls where is ben Bruce electric car.
Talk is cheap.
Even phone can produce battery that car last for 23 hours na big load like car na him fit.
Abeg swerve make I pass.
Re: Tesla Unveils The World’s Cheapest Fully Electric Car At N11 Million by Nobody: 9:57am On Aug 01, 2017
pcguru1:
Am glad, finally we will be able to drink our useless oil.
I ve forgotten you have electrical generator
Re: Tesla Unveils The World’s Cheapest Fully Electric Car At N11 Million by Nobody: 9:58am On Aug 01, 2017
Ebendo123:
Just buy a good power bank to charge this car for road in case of Low Battery...
Just imagine driving from Uyo to Bornu and your car battery rundown along sambisa forest road... tongue
tongue tongue grin grin
Lol

Na die hard fan you be b DAT
Re: Tesla Unveils The World’s Cheapest Fully Electric Car At N11 Million by Nobody: 10:00am On Aug 01, 2017
medexico:
No light to charge this car in Nigeria
don't worry. This will open a new business opportunity in Nigeria as shown by this photo

1 Like

Re: Tesla Unveils The World’s Cheapest Fully Electric Car At N11 Million by iukpe: 10:01am On Aug 01, 2017
can it pass Nwaja junction in Ph after heavy rain when i am going home? if so,.. N11m is ok
Re: Tesla Unveils The World’s Cheapest Fully Electric Car At N11 Million by pharaohmonch: 10:02am On Aug 01, 2017
I am Just going to drop this here.

The developed countries always look for a way out of difficult situations; from food with green houses and genetically modified foods due to their seasons and the threat of Frost for the better part of the year to Home heaters to save them from the chills. These countries do not have crude oil and as such have enriched the oil rich African/Arab nations over the past years due to their dependent on our black Gold and what have we given them in return? Terrorism, Heightened Corruption and no recourse to develop our own countries because we have black Gold and the developed countries will pay us for it.

These countries in the late 90's and early millennial started to think in the line of bio-diesel and made engines from VW, Mercedes and a host of other reputable car companies running on 100% bio-diesel and variants that used 20%, 5% and the likes, but again they realised that in the long run they would enrich Africa and they would have to source the Jatropha, Moringa and Cassava form Africa. So they came up with the excuse that bio diesel was competing with edible food and due to their limited agricultural abilities they placed less emphasis on these engines.

Now they know that even the best countries in Africa; the likes of Kenya and South Africa still have power cuts and they probably have not power cuts in the last 50+ years, Electric is the way to go. This would save them the Billions of Dollars that would have gone to oil producing African countries and OPEC nations; Yes they solved their problem.

Instead of following them to this electric race where we would play catch up as we have played in the last 2 centuries; can we solve our problems for once? China is proof that a nation can only overtake by solving its problems. In my opinion we have all it takes, while I am not saying we should not solve our electricity problems, what we can do is use what we have ...990,000 sq kilometres of fertile land, all year round sunshine , Crude oil and a huge population; We can build our bio-diesel engines (the technology is existent), improve their electric car to carry hybrid solar panels as roofs and a host of other things. People we have the chance lets use it to our advantage.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tesla Unveils The World’s Cheapest Fully Electric Car At N11 Million by gabe: 10:02am On Aug 01, 2017
Good. Expensive used petrol cars will now become cheap. Nobody will buy our oil since china and europe have also keyed into the electric revolution so we will refine and use cheap petrol in Nigeria. Cheap cars, cheap fuel. Win win

1 Like

Re: Tesla Unveils The World’s Cheapest Fully Electric Car At N11 Million by Kokaine(m): 10:03am On Aug 01, 2017
EgunMogaji:

Yes they have, where have you been hiding?
Land Wind X7
fvck!! i didnt know... omo!!! this people dey madt oh.. they can spoil market.

1 Like

Re: Tesla Unveils The World’s Cheapest Fully Electric Car At N11 Million by Nobody: 10:04am On Aug 01, 2017
selfemployed:
Dangote is spending billions on oil refinery...

Others are investing on electric energy...

There's a possibility that the price of this electric car will fall by half and production will double in the next two years.

Who knows who else is researching on it and will improve on it?

Who can see the future better?
Believe me, before this electrical cal will come into limelight the world has already gone into extinction. Na today I done dey hear of electric car. Most people will still prefer petrol car to electric. Because no light. Imagine driven to a think forest and the battery is down, you will open your boot remove petrol to fuel it, op sorry battery to fuel it grin
They also have an electrical generator I guess.
Re: Tesla Unveils The World’s Cheapest Fully Electric Car At N11 Million by Kokaine(m): 10:07am On Aug 01, 2017
TheAlchemist:

people keep on talking of solar charging option forgetting that wind is equally feasible. I just hope the pay back period of dangote's refinery is not in the very long run horizon, because advancement of green technology may soon obsolete the building of new refineries across the world.

thats true. because once automobile is knocked off, petrol is almost useless. maybe new application of crude may come up.
Re: Tesla Unveils The World’s Cheapest Fully Electric Car At N11 Million by JaffyJoe(m): 10:09am On Aug 01, 2017
As with every awesome inventions, improvement and upgrade would be achieved. The car might travel only 350kms today but surpass 10000kms in 5years. By this time, oil and its associated enviromental issues will be a thing of the past.

1 Like

Re: Tesla Unveils The World’s Cheapest Fully Electric Car At N11 Million by Nobody: 10:12am On Aug 01, 2017
Kokaine:
fvck!!
i didnt know...
omo!!! this people dey madt oh.. they can spoil market.

grin

I'm trying to buy this rebranded Chinese Land Rover Defender copy from Innoson.

Re: Tesla Unveils The World’s Cheapest Fully Electric Car At N11 Million by JaffyJoe(m): 10:15am On Aug 01, 2017
beamtopola:

Believe me, before this electrical cal will come into limelight the world has already gone into extinction. Na today I done dey hear of electric car. Most people will still prefer petrol car to electric. Because no light. Imagine driven to a think forest and the battery is down, you will open your boot remove petrol to fuel it, op sorry battery to fuel it grin
They also have an electrical generator I guess.

Based on regional needs, Tesla may come up with a hybrid version for fossil fuel lovers, that'd be even cooler. Don't you think?

1 Like

Re: Tesla Unveils The World’s Cheapest Fully Electric Car At N11 Million by EMIOMOADEOYE: 10:16am On Aug 01, 2017
cosby02:
What will now happen to our oyel

This oyibo people sef undecided

Haaaa.....

Siddon there...Oyel ko oyel ni

The world is leaving you behind. Very soon na you by yourself go they drink your oil.

Oil will soon become so obsolete it wont make financial sense to drill them anymore.
Re: Tesla Unveils The World’s Cheapest Fully Electric Car At N11 Million by Nobody: 10:20am On Aug 01, 2017
JaffyJoe:

Based on regional needs, Tesla may come up with a hybrid version for fossil fuel lovers, that'd be even cooler. Don't you think?
No body will like to drive an electric car our of the city. If you do, you find your doom.
Re: Tesla Unveils The World’s Cheapest Fully Electric Car At N11 Million by Sagay212: 10:23am On Aug 01, 2017
grossintel:
Lol please read about electric cars. They don't have ignitions, no engine to consume electricity. Infact it's like a toy car running on battery. When the car is not in motion does it drain battery? It only drains battery when it moves.. But electric cars are much better cause acceleration is directly proportional to the power required meaning more battery consumption only when required to move faster.

Thank you for the explanation.
Re: Tesla Unveils The World’s Cheapest Fully Electric Car At N11 Million by sigmundfreud(m): 10:30am On Aug 01, 2017
Make I join the queue for the order...before the thing reach me, money go Don complete.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Pictures Of A Pimped Peugeot 504 / Carquest/Milex Deals & Specials Thread courtesy of Rad Auto Works / I Went To Driving School Today And I'm Really Giving Up.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.