Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,404 members, 7,850,443 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 09:23 PM

Obama's Envoy Meets Babangida - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obama's Envoy Meets Babangida (4381 Views)

Electing Buhari As President, Disaster For Africa – ex US Envoy / …babangida Defends Buhari / Saudis Block Nigerian Envoy From Detained Pilgrims (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Obama's Envoy Meets Babangida by redsun(m): 8:50pm On Feb 10, 2010
Africans are chain locked by mental slavery,it is worst than physical slavery because in most cases the enslaved are not even aware they are slaves.
Re: Obama's Envoy Meets Babangida by pcmecom(m): 8:52pm On Feb 10, 2010
@redsun
you are spot on, you took the words from my mouth
Re: Obama's Envoy Meets Babangida by Shoot2Kill: 8:55pm On Feb 10, 2010
pcmecom:

@ shoot2kill
                    I feel you brov, please tell my people so that they will wake up from their slumber, believe it or not,colonialism didnt end in 1960, it has continued up to this day(neo-colonialism).Elements in the US government are responsible for most of the crisis plaguing Africa since the 1960's. Even the 9/11 attacks was masterminded by elements in the US government.

Unfortunately some people still dont believe it, rather they will dismiss you as a "conspiracy theorist" or even a nutcase.

Spot on bro ,spoken like a true patriotic Nigerian.

South Africans died for their country and look at it today freedom and true democracy.

The polish fourth for their country in 1989 and today Poland is thriving better than Nigeria.

The same with Germany and many other countries.

Like someone said on this forum ,we Nigerian prefer sit behind our computers and type with our manicured fingers instead of organising protest and being very vocal like the Iranians and dealing with corrupt politicians like the Iraqis and the Afghans.

I live in South Africa ,i am a very successful person with a lot of achievements in life but that does not mean I will not run to nigeria and pick up arms if my country needs me. I am a Nigerian till the day I die ,whether Nigeria splits or remains one ,I still believe that something can be done but it is hard to find people who are ready to fight for their country. Look at Americans they are ready to fight tooth and nail to defend their country but we Nigerians prefer to speak big grammar in public forums and leave the rest to GOD. That is why I really respect what MEND is doing even though I may not agree with their tactics.

If America decided to impose IBB on us ,many of the people here will not make a single sound,they will just accept their fate.And we wonder why the westerners refer to us as monkeys?
Re: Obama's Envoy Meets Babangida by pcmecom(m): 8:59pm On Feb 10, 2010
I am not surprised, america has always sponsored dictators and tyrants by bank rolling their election campaigns, we should be very careful about america's sudden interest in nigeria's political crisis. They are just after their own interest as usual
Re: Obama's Envoy Meets Babangida by IykeD1(m): 9:00pm On Feb 10, 2010
@shoot2kill

No need to argue with fools, just keep talking. With all your experience and strong man talk I wonder why you haven't
given that bullet to IBB and co. Let me guess, you are another commander of the 21st Keyboardist Division, right?

Most of you have no clue how the real world works. You think China or Russia or any other country won't do the same?
Was it not the same CIA you are cursing that brought out millions like you to celebrate on the street when they helped
to "settle" the Abacha problem as alleged?

Oh by the way, its not the American visa I am protecting, its the American passport. Suck on that! And yes keep blaming
elements in the US government for causing most of the problems in Africa. I believe those same elements asked Yar Adua
not to write a simple damn letter to ensure a smooth transfer of power or it was those same elements that gave you the
Aaoodonkaa (sp).
Re: Obama's Envoy Meets Babangida by redsun(m): 9:05pm On Feb 10, 2010
pcmecom:

@redsun
              you are spot on, you took the words from my mouth

No be small thing my brother.Forest gate was my zone,i should believe you know the Big Joe in forest,the ghanian enterpreneur and a pan african,he is a true african.
Re: Obama's Envoy Meets Babangida by pcmecom(m): 9:19pm On Feb 10, 2010
@shoot2kill
From my own analysis, apart from the fact that we lack credible leadership in nigeria, another major issue that is also hindering our development is "religion". Religion has become a destructive force in nigeria, and it has also succeeded in making the average nigerian docile. The typical nigerian doesnt care about what i am saying, all he/she cares about is job,house,money and family. He believes that a "messiah" will appear from the sky crush his enemies including enemies of nigeria. He quickly forgets that God only helps those who help themselves

Personally, I dont ascribe to the disintegration of Nigeria, I wish nigerians can rise beyond these factors dividing us such as tribe, religion and social class.These factors are man made and can be resolved.
Re: Obama's Envoy Meets Babangida by Shoot2Kill: 9:21pm On Feb 10, 2010
Iyke-D:

@shoot2kill

No need to argue with fools, just keep talking. With all your experience and strong man talk I wonder why you haven't
given that bullet to IBB and co. Let me guess, you are another commander of the 21st Keyboardist Division, right?

Most of you have no clue how the real world works. You think China or Russia or any other country won't do the same?
Was it not the same CIA you are cursing that brought out millions like you to celebrate on the street when they helped
to "settle" the Abacha problem as alleged?

Oh by the way, its not the American visa I am protecting, its the American passport. Suck on that! And yes keep blaming
elements in the US government for causing most of the problems in Africa. I believe those same elements asked Yar Adua
not to write a simple damn letter to ensure a smooth transfer of power or it was those same elements that gave you the
Aaoodonkaa (sp).

Hahaha you sound like you are the first person in your family to travel to the USA. See the way said you “American passport,suck on that” like your passport is a cure for AIDS. Am I supposed to be impressed because you have a US passport. Dude grow up the USA means nothing to me ,I have been travelling to Houston since I was 13yrs old and I am 30 years old now so don’t even go there. I have been to several countries but live in SA because there is less competition here and better opportunities for a BLACK MAN. My relatives in the USA are not even as successful as i am and they have been there for over 2 decades while i have only been in SA for 8 years.They work 8am to 5pm while i run my own business. I am not of one those people who get hyped about the USA. As far as I am concerned it is just another country. So you will sell your country for a mere passport and allow terrorists to invade it just because the terrorists gave you citizenship of their country? Go figure, who is the fool now? Do you think a Saudi Man can betray his own country for a passport?

You have just proven to us that you do not wish Nigeria well, you can go stuff your blue passport up your anus for all I care. Yes I am a keyboard commando, don’t worry about my combat capabilities. Worry about the fact that nemesis will soon wipe your adopted country off the face of the planet at the rate they are going. Nigeria is also GOD’s own country and knowing the way my people pray, Nigeria will be saved one day from your blood sucking US government.
Re: Obama's Envoy Meets Babangida by pcmecom(m): 9:29pm On Feb 10, 2010
Please no playa hating, you guys should stick to the issues. Avoid character assaination
Re: Obama's Envoy Meets Babangida by IykeD1(m): 9:58pm On Feb 10, 2010

Hahaha you sound like you are the first person in your family to travel to the USA. See the way said you “American passport,suck on that” like your passport is a cure for AIDS. Am I supposed to be impressed because you have a US passport. Dude grow up the USA means nothing to me ,I have been travelling to Houston since I was 13yrs old and I am 30 years old now so don’t even go there. I have been to several countries but live in SA because there is less competition here and better opportunities for a BLACK MAN. My relatives in the USA are not even as successful as i am and they have been there for over 2 decades while i have only been in SA for 8 years.They work 8am to 5pm while i run my own business. I am not of one those people who get hyped about the USA. As far as I am concerned it is just another country. So you will sell your country for a mere passport and allow terrorists to invade it just because the terrorists gave you citizenship of their country? Go figure, who is the fool now? Do you think a Saudi Man can betray his own country for a passport?

You have just proven to us that you do not wish Nigeria well, you can go stuff your blue passport up your anus for all I care. Yes I am a keyboard commando, don’t worry about my combat capabilities. Worry about the fact that nemesis will soon wipe your adopted country off the face of the planet at the rate they are going. Nigeria is also GOD’s own country and knowing the way my people pray, Nigeria will be saved one day from your blood sucking US government.

I am not surprised my point was lost on you. In my very first comment I made no mention of whether I had a US visa or passport, just
stating the facts as I saw them regarding the reality of Nigerian politics and the US. I was insulted for being an "azz kisser" for America
because of the visa they gave me. All you seem to do is engage in name-calling, you never address any single issue. Do you have any
idea how stupid you sound?

In any case, here you are telling us how "successful" you are in South Africa and I guess I am supposed to be so impressed by your
"success". You have proceeded to tell me how you have been traveling to the US since you were 13 until you turned 30? Oh, and you
are a "business man". What do I care? I don't need your biography, this is just an internet forum! Christ!

Yes, I know Nigeria will be saved by the Chinese or whoever from the "blood sucking US government". Terrorists invading your country?
Are you for real? So from age 13 you were traveling to a terrorist country until you turned 30? Please take your medications or if you don't
have any see a doctor. Better yet, enroll in a good school in South Africa (there are none left in your country) because it appears you need
it (even though you are a very successful businessman). You are not rooted in reality.

Dude
Azz Kissers
Fxcking
Can't do jack

Can't get enough of US music videos or films?
Re: Obama's Envoy Meets Babangida by texazzpete(m): 11:17pm On Feb 10, 2010
@Shoot2Kill
When making your points, can't you at least TRY and sound intelligent?

Anyway, the article clearly says IBB and other influential politicians will be contacted. Singling out IBB was merely to generate a sensationalist headline.

Finally, no matter how many rabid, paranoid fantasies you have about the CIA, it's obvious that America's main concern is not with the oil, but the long term stability of Nigeria. An unstable Nigeria will be a massive breeding ground for the next generation of Islamic terrorists. And no-one wants that.
Re: Obama's Envoy Meets Babangida by xterra2(m): 11:35pm On Feb 10, 2010
@shoot2kill
Yeah,those bastards called americans should fxck off and leave us alone,are we not terrorist afterall.The real terrorist are the CIA ,there are more evil than evil itself,over the years US supported regime changed in parts of the world and some they initiated it themselves,or is it because of OIL.see the terrorist list,it can be called OPEC list because oil countries are the ones in US list.In the iraq inquiry going on in britian it was said that britian joined evil GW bush and they were after oil in iraq,idiots after losing 4000+ soldiers they still are there cus of oil they dont even care,
Now many people would disagree but US and Obama is no saint here,just because we are a small country,and US is the world leader(maybe china will be in 2020,2030 orbut by 2050 china will be-my GUESS), Infact,let jonathan not renew oil lincences to those chevron and give it off to chineese atleast they aint evil internationally at least
US and Obama leave us alone please,Why the HIDDEN interest in Babangida?
No matter what,he aint coming back,honour Maryam well by this.
US just a self-righteous Nation, You see the hatred the world has for US?thats y niggas wanna blow the pokes.Instead of this war on terrorism they should change thir foreign policy and the war is won,
Re: Obama's Envoy Meets Babangida by Abagworo(m): 1:10am On Feb 11, 2010
shoot2kill et al are you terrorists?
Re: Obama's Envoy Meets Babangida by IykeD1(m): 1:29am On Feb 11, 2010

@shoot2kill
Yeah,those bastards called americans should  fxck off and leave us alone,are we not terrorist afterall.The real terrorist are the CIA ,there are more evil than evil itself,over the years US supported regime changed in parts of the world and some they initiated it themselves,or is it because of OIL.see the terrorist list,it can be called OPEC list because oil countries are the ones in US list.In the iraq inquiry going on in britian it was said that britian joined evil GW bush and they were after oil in iraq,idiots after losing 4000+ soldiers they still are there cus of oil they dont even care,
Now many people would disagree but US and Obama is no saint here,just because we are a small country,and US is the world leader(maybe china will be in 2020,2030 orbut by 2050 china will be-my GUESS), Infact,let jonathan not renew oil lincences to those chevron and give it off to chineese atleast they aint evil internationally at least
US and Obama leave us alone please,Why the HIDDEN interest in Babangida?Huh
No matter what,he aint coming back,honour Maryam well by this.
US just a self-righteous Nation, You see the hatred the world has for US?thats y niggas wanna blow the pokes.Instead of this war on terrorism they should change thir foreign policy and the war is won,

Lord,  Nigeria's educational system needs serious help!

I never said the US was a saint, in fact, I said they will act to protect their interest.  Nigerians are in for a shocker if
they somehow believe their long term interest will be better advanced by the Chinese.  The communist Chinese or
whatever it is they call their state now? As per your OPEC list, I am yet to read where US has invaded Saudi Arabia.

You know its easy for every one to point finger at the US because they are the world's biggest super-power in all
ramifications and gets to decide and throw their weight around (rightfully and sometimes wrongfully).  But can you
pause for a minute and imagine a world where Russia or China is the only biggest super-power? Do you guys think
they will play nice with every one? They won't have interests to secure or protect? Folks, get real because the only
reason this article is public is because this time around the US is interested in making sure that the power players in
Nigeria will rally behind Jonathan for the sake of the country.  If they want to do something sinister, you will not get
to read it in advance on ThisDay.

Lastly, I find it sad, but hilarious that folks in Nigeria now freely uses the word "niggas", another "fine" import from the
US some of you guys are really loving to hate. You guys have no idea how much influence the US has on your lives.
Re: Obama's Envoy Meets Babangida by Ehoi: 1:42am On Feb 11, 2010
It is probably true that the US are going to meet IBB but i think we and the writer are reading too much into it. I don't believe they want to encourage him to run for election.

shoot2kill
You are taking panadol for another man's headache.  The US has started the ball rolling with their long tern plan about Nigeria and the west African region. Its more about the Niger delta and their oil. They want to remove the Niger delta from Nigeria or at worse make it a protected territory. The bad news  is that in the last 40 years Nigeria have treated the Niger deltans and the area like sh""t. Hence the region is in support of the US plans. So please don't break you vein. Its a battle you and your other patriots have already lost because the people who matters (Niger delta) are in support of the US plans because they will get a better deal. MEND have been calling the US to come. Even IBB have said something of the line of Nigeria being better off being a confederation or something similar. Its either there is full regional autonomy or the Niger delta is out.
Re: Obama's Envoy Meets Babangida by nethacker(m): 1:58am On Feb 11, 2010
i pray babangida join his wife soonest, he has caused more trouble in this country angry angry
Re: Obama's Envoy Meets Babangida by munky(m): 2:06am On Feb 11, 2010
Lord, Nigeria's educational system needs serious help!
Thats uncalled for, make your points known, you dont have to insult Nigerians, We know these Americans are not saints. But meeting with IBB is not a good example at all. Just like the french imposing rulers on Ivory coast and Gabon thereby putting these countries in strife. Obama should right now concentrate on bringing his country out of the dooldrums and please not manipulate Nigeria for selfish gains,because finally we are Human beings too,

And someone supporting Al-qaeda to bomb Americans is plain selfish, these people are innocent. If Bin Laden has a problem with the Bush family, He should take it up with them in the next family/company meeting, I do not suscribe to violence at all.
Re: Obama's Envoy Meets Babangida by IykeD1(m): 2:42am On Feb 11, 2010

Lord, Nigeria's educational system needs serious help!
Thats uncalled for, make your points known, you dont have to insult Nigerians, We know these Americans are not saints. But meeting with IBB is not a good example at all. Just like the french imposing rulers on Ivory coast and Gabon thereby putting these countries in strife. Obama should right now concentrate on bringing his country out of the dooldrums and please not manipulate Nigeria for selfish gains,because finally we are Human beings too,

And someone supporting Al-qaeda to bomb Americans is plain selfish, these people are innocent. If Bin Laden has a problem with the Bush family, He should take it up with them in the next family/company meeting, I do not suscribe to violence at all.

Granted IBB is not a saint, but if the US is seeking IBB's help in calming the hawks in the North so that Jonathan can govern, who
does that benefit? Doesn't that benefit Nigeria? We may not like IBB but the fact is he still holds a lot of sway in the country and
probably would have been the president today if was not stopped by Obasanjo in 2007.

The US president doesn't have the luxury of doing just one thing at a time. Making sure that Nigeria doesn't fall apart or a coup
does not occur is in the interest of US, hence Obama has to take some actions.
Re: Obama's Envoy Meets Babangida by redsun(m): 2:46am On Feb 11, 2010
There is no plausible justification whatsoever for a suppose credible country like america to be dealing with a known fugitive like babangida in the interest of millions of civil nigerians.

Nigeria is slipping into the present state of oblivion because of people like IBB,so getting him to help solve the problems in anyway is like adding petrol to a house on fire instead of water.

However,in reality,america is of no use to nigeria,if we are living creatures that breathes and reasons,we should be able to solve our problems without involving america or any other so-called developed world,we should be dealing with america on our terms as a sovereign  not them telling us what to do as if we are police dogs,mumus.
Re: Obama's Envoy Meets Babangida by redsun(m): 2:50am On Feb 11, 2010
A fool at forty is a fool for ever,that is the case of nigeria,cry cry baby.
Re: Obama's Envoy Meets Babangida by coldhearts(f): 3:13am On Feb 11, 2010
nethacker:

i pray babangida join his wife soonest, he has caused more trouble in this country angry angry

I concur or better yet i hope he gets imprisoned for meeting with people who do not have our interest. It is quite possible that these foreigners are only out to secure oil for themselves by whatever means possible.
Re: Obama's Envoy Meets Babangida by redsun(m): 3:23am On Feb 11, 2010
Just like one colo prophet predicted obasanjo will die in prison.Of course any rational human will know that people like obasanjo,ikimi,iboril,ibb and co will some how meet a drastic end,even if they die peacefully and escape direct justice,their atrocities will be carried over to their nest of kin.

The wicked shall never go unpunished,NEVER.
Re: Obama's Envoy Meets Babangida by becomricch: 4:17am On Feb 11, 2010
then i assume that Ambassador Jonnie Carson did not read nigeria history.  IBB is a powerful in nigeria. but , people reaction should tell you a story.
Re: Obama's Envoy Meets Babangida by Nobody: 7:57am On Feb 11, 2010
maybe Obama is related to Babangida.
Re: Obama's Envoy Meets Babangida by texazzpete(m): 8:02am On Feb 11, 2010
The hilarious thing is that not one of you has the slightest idea on the agenda the US rep will be discussing with Babangida. So why jump to conclusions?

As for those who feel the world will be better off having the Chinese as the sole superpower, i laugh in Etsako!!
Re: Obama's Envoy Meets Babangida by Afam(m): 8:28am On Feb 11, 2010
texazzpete:

The hilarious thing is that not one of you has the slightest idea on the agenda the US rep will be discussing with Babangida. So why jump to conclusions?

As for those who feel the world will be better off having the Chinese as the sole superpower, i laugh in Etsako!!

If you have it state it. At least we are sure the agenda is not to extradite him to the US or jail him.

Why bring in the Chinese? This has nothing to do with the thread at all because no one has stated anything about the country that is preferred as a super power.
Re: Obama's Envoy Meets Babangida by Ibime(m): 8:37am On Feb 11, 2010
Perhaps CIA has informed Obamas envoy that power lies in the hands of two men called IBB and Obasanjo.

Check any strategic position in Government (Bankole, Mark, Goodluck etc), they are all people that IBB and/or OBJ have placed in power.
Re: Obama's Envoy Meets Babangida by hakanai(m): 8:50am On Feb 11, 2010
well! IBB na person with both political and military relevance and if anyone needed a key to some political elements whether you like it or not he becomes relevant to them. don't forget no permenant foe or friend when it comes to the west.think of it, they will dine with the devil if it will give them what they desire.question is what do they want and at what cost to us?naturally what they want may not kill us but keep us always good old under developed. shocked grin
Re: Obama's Envoy Meets Babangida by citizenY(m): 9:59am On Feb 11, 2010
@Shoot2kill.

One question only. WHY di the Americans not consult you?

Answer- You are inconsequential, out of your depth and even outside Nigeria and
too young to even know IBB and Nigerian terrain. Na word of mouth you hear.

You are squeezing a few coins in South Africa, so what? This IBB still has clout.

Otherwise, I like your patriotism but be more practical.
Re: Obama's Envoy Meets Babangida by citizenY(m): 10:05am On Feb 11, 2010
@Shoot2kill.

One question only. WHY di the Americans not consult you?

Answer- You are inconsequential, out of your depth and even outside Nigeria and
too young to even know IBB and Nigerian terrain. Na word of mouth you hear. I
deduced that because you  have given us your history, warts and all, in this thread.

You are squeezing a few coins in South Africa, so what? This IBB still has clout and
no one can deny that.

Otherwise, I like your patriotism but be more practical. And reduce your harsh words.
Re: Obama's Envoy Meets Babangida by Caringpro(f): 10:34am On Feb 11, 2010
I really wonder what Obama is doing with IBB. Or why he must send somebody to meet with IBB. IBB is one of the major causes of Nigeria's problem today! This American dived and rule is causing them so much pain but they are yet to learn anything.
Re: Obama's Envoy Meets Babangida by Abagworo(m): 12:17pm On Feb 11, 2010
Caringpro:

I really wonder what Obama is doing with IBB. Or why he must send somebody to meet with IBB. IBB is one of the major causes of Nigeria's problem today! This American dived and rule is causing them so much pain but they are yet to learn anything.

ibb did his best even though it wasnt good enough.america consulting him is no news since he is a major power broker in nigeria.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

A Yoruba Is Chief Press Secretary In Bauchi State / Amaechi To Drag The Nigerian Senate To Court / Isn't It Funny Igbos Say African Countries Are Better Off Divided

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.