Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,088 members, 7,818,265 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:27 AM

Adeosun: 55% Of Nigeria’s VAT Is From Lagos - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Adeosun: 55% Of Nigeria’s VAT Is From Lagos (83784 Views)

These Five States Account For 87 % Of Nigeria’s VAT Revenue / Kemi Adeosun Resigns Over NYSC Certificate Scandal - Daily Trust / These Five States Account For 87 % Of Nigeria’s VAT Revenue (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Adeosun: 55% Of Nigeria’s VAT Is From Lagos by EvilMetahuman: 8:18pm On Aug 01, 2017
Lakeside79:

Ask the ibos I am not one, but if I have to guess it's because humans by nature migrate where they see greener pastures

Trust me it's nothing special or specific to the south west it's everywhere in the world

Just like someone asking why there are so many of us yorubas in Kent or Brixton

Does that question make sense to you?
so did yorubas claim they developed kent and brixton?

Did they also claim they are the reason for british existence?

Having huge number of redundant igbos selling gala and fanyogo in lagos traffic doesn't mean they have any stake in lagos.

Igbo contribute less than 2% of what lagos generates.

Those who actually have good stakes in lagos apart from yorubas that own the city and have most of their investments there.

1 -Foreigners (chinese, lebanonese, turkey etc)
2- Hausas (Dangote's investments alone in lagos trumped everything igbos have in lagos.
3- Then followed by south southerners (because the "oil factor" that attracts some headquarters to lagos)

If anything at all, Igbos are serious burden to lagos state. Very lawless and a serious burden on lagos infrastructure.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Adeosun: 55% Of Nigeria’s VAT Is From Lagos by Nobody: 8:18pm On Aug 01, 2017
konoplyanka:

thanks. now I know better. a leopard can not change its color.

I wouldn't know that. I do not live in the zoo.
Re: Adeosun: 55% Of Nigeria’s VAT Is From Lagos by kn23h(m): 8:18pm On Aug 01, 2017
Lakeside79:

Like I said earlier you are a tout

I don't join issues with f00ls .. if f00ls decide to insult yorubas i practise the age old saying that goes the best response to a f00l is indeed silence

Now if you think my joining the bandwagon of nairaland touts to insult tribes makes me a man then sorry nigga I am a single father and I have a princess to raise to be a classy lady not a bread seller
I am educated and know the difference between being childish and downright stupidityy

I have insukted Ibis several times in my life and I have sat with touts like you to blame ibos for everything wrong in my life but what came of it?

Dude I am done being stupidd but if it's your thing then pls by all means go ahead

But do not expect me to join your delusional bandwagon

Then keep shut and stayed hidden in the shadow as you do when they insult Yorubas. For many of you sha, it's not your fault. It's your ignorance.

You don't know what you have in the SW. You don't know the companies Yorubas have. You don't know our agricultural and economical values.

You spend your days dancing to skelewu and reading lies from flat heads on twitter.

Then when asked if you want a Yoruba country, you say no because you think Yorubas need Nigeria.

Unfortunately for us, your ignorance hurts the whole Yoruba tribe.

If you can't can't self-cure your ignorance, then best believe that we will drag your likes as far as we drag the imbe.cilic ibos on this forum.

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Adeosun: 55% Of Nigeria’s VAT Is From Lagos by sunnyb0b0(m): 8:19pm On Aug 01, 2017
logica:

This is what you refer to as revenue right?

Using your bank manager friends in banks to accumulate non-performing loans. We frequently hear what these banks make as losses as a result of fraudulent loans. Which revenue? Abegi...

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2017/06/miraculous-escape-evans-cell-kidnap-victim/

First of all, you expect Mayfield (Maydon) to come out and say "oh, I just withdrew money from my bank account and paid Evans"? If he does that, he'll be exposing himself more and government may want to be interested on how much he pays as tax. Maydon gave out 40 brand new Toyota Corolla cars last year to some members of his staff and customers. How much is a Toyota corolla? Ebele of Greenlife pharm gave out 80 brand new cars that same last year. It's a competition. We were only able to give out 7 these year to our sales reps as we are just growing.

Secondly, an average Igbo trader hates bank loan. No average Igbo trader will take a loan from you at 21% interest. What many if them do is that they build trust with their suppliers in China and at some point, the suppliers start granting them credit facilities some tests running into millions of dollars (interest free) ie they release goods to you more than what you deposited and then you remit as you dispose.

Lastly, how many Igbo names do you see on list of those holding non performing loans in banks and of the few Igbos there, how many are traders?.

Dem say Travel and see. Make friends with young Igbo importers in the major markets (not roadside retailers), move around with them and let your eyes open.

1 Like

Re: Adeosun: 55% Of Nigeria’s VAT Is From Lagos by rosebowl01(m): 8:20pm On Aug 01, 2017
BabaRamota1980:

IGR - Yoruba
VAT - Yoruba
Most industrialized - Yoruba
Most developed - Yoruba
Most satisfied with their homeland - Yoruba

we too much abeg. cheesy

9 Likes

Re: Adeosun: 55% Of Nigeria’s VAT Is From Lagos by ELKHALIFAISIS(m): 8:20pm On Aug 01, 2017
scholes0:

Mumu, My grandpa has this apartment complex in Surulere which he rents out. The place is filled with squalid igbos from the east who live like rats, 20 in a room.
They no even let the old man renovate the place because there would be nowhere for them to stay in that time period.
And they don't even pay rent! And it is that same set of people that will come online to make noise. grin angry

Igbos, Go back to Enugu and Anambara.

#Operation Flattiess don't belong in the west.
hahahaha your grandpa owned what typical yellowbar demon will rather go back to his hinterland village than to pay a rent of 500k... few houses currently own by Yorubas are abandon properties, can a lazy man afford a plot of land in our Lagos grin

1 Like

Re: Adeosun: 55% Of Nigeria’s VAT Is From Lagos by kn23h(m): 8:23pm On Aug 01, 2017
ELKHALIFAISIS:
hahahaha your grandpa owned what typical yellowbar demon will rather go back to his hinterland village than to pay a rent of 500k... few houses currently own by Yorubas are abandon properties, can a lazy man afford a plot of land in our Lagos grin

Show us the properties Ibos own in lagos and stop lying.

And the companies you own too.

13 Likes

Re: Adeosun: 55% Of Nigeria’s VAT Is From Lagos by kn23h(m): 8:24pm On Aug 01, 2017
sunnyb0b0:

First of all, you expect Mayfield (Maydon) to come out and say "oh, I just withdrew money from my bank account and paid Evans"? If he does that, he'll be exposing himself more and government may want to be interested on how much he pays as tax. Maydon gave out 40 brand new Toyota Corolla cars last year to some members of his staff and customers. How much is a Toyota corolla? Ebele of Greenlife pharm gave out 80 brand new cars that same last year. It's a competition. We were only able to give out 7 these year to our sales reps as we are just growing.

Secondly, an average Igbo trader hates bank loan. No average Igbo trader will take a loan from you at 21% interest. What many if them do is that they build trust with their suppliers in China and at some point, the suppliers start granting them credit facilities some tests running into millions of dollars (interest free) ie they release goods to you more than what you deposited and then you remit as you dispose.

Lastly, how many Igbo names do you see on list of those holding non performing loans in banks and of the few Igbos there, how many are traders?.

Dem say Travel and see. Make friends with young Igbo importers in the major markets (not roadside retailers), move around with them and let your eyes open.

Tell us the revenues this Ibo companies make and stop telling us about the old ford cars they give out.

10 Likes

Re: Adeosun: 55% Of Nigeria’s VAT Is From Lagos by Nobody: 8:24pm On Aug 01, 2017
kn23h:

Then keep shut and remain to stay hidden in the shadow as you do when they insult Yorubas. For many of you sha, it's not your fault. It's your ignorance.

You don't know what you have in the SW. You don't know the companies Yorubas have. You don't know our agricultural and economical values.

You spend your days dancing to skelewu and reading lies from flat heads on twitter.

Then when asked if you want a Yoruba country, you say no because you think Yorubas need Nigeria.

Unfortunately for us, your ignorance hurts the whole Yoruba tribe.

If you can't can't self-cure your ignorance, then best believe that we will drag your likes as far as we drag the imbe.cilic ibos on this forum.

You should be shot or hung

I pray you are rendered impotent so you don't breed more vile creatures of your ilk

We your ad are known as the omoluabis , courageous, respectful and kind

You don't stabd for any of these virtues
You are vile hate filled and you are the very thing you accuse ibos of being

God must keep you impotent insha allah

I fear ypu the type of demons you will birth if allowed to have kids

No race deserves this kinda hate

If it were during the old days your type would be stoned to death
I think you are possessed by djin

I am thankful that your vermin kind represent less than 1% of the Yoruba race
Re: Adeosun: 55% Of Nigeria’s VAT Is From Lagos by sunnyb0b0(m): 8:25pm On Aug 01, 2017
rosebowl01:

so basically, ibos in SE are relatively poor because the rich ones are in Lagos? My question to you is; if ibos have that tendency to be rich, why are the ones at home relatively very poor going by all the stats?

Think about this, a lot of Brits moved to new land i.e. Australia, Canada, US etc, but UK did not become poor as a result. We know it's hard (ego), but just admit the truth sometimes.

I haven't said those at home are poor but yes they have less disposable income compared to many outside.

Igbos move to wherever are economic opportunities. Yes, Lagos for obvious reasons has more economic opportunities than any other state in Nigeria that's why you have millions of Igbos there and doing well. My brother left the East in 1995 for Lagos with only a plastic bag containing all his earthly belongings to go 'serve oga'. Today, he's a billionaire in nairn, employing people, owns properties in Surulere, Ikeja and banana island. Note, he's only armed with WAEC certificate but today employs 7 pharmacists, accountants etc. Mind you, he's just one out of many. How many locals have such success stories?

1 Like

Re: Adeosun: 55% Of Nigeria’s VAT Is From Lagos by kn23h(m): 8:26pm On Aug 01, 2017
Lakeside79:

You should be shot or hung

I pray you are rendered impotent so you don't breed more vile creatures of your ilk

We your ad are known as the omoluabis , courageous, respectful and kind

You don't stabd for any of these virtues
You are vile hate filled and you are the very thing you accuse ibos of being

God must keep you impotent insha allah

I fear ypu the type of demons you will birth if allowed to have kids

No race deserves this kinda hate

If it were during the old days your type would be stoned to death
I think you are possessed by djin

I am thankful that your vermin kind represent less than 1% of the Yoruba race

The vermin type knows what the SW contributes to Nigeria, what we own and how successful we are.

Your type? You spend your days insulting Yorubas along with flat heads.

Trust me when I say your types [i.e FFK] are best thrown into the lagoon once Nigeria breaks apart.

12 Likes

Re: Adeosun: 55% Of Nigeria’s VAT Is From Lagos by Nobody: 8:26pm On Aug 01, 2017
EvilMetahuman:

Having huge number of redundant igbos selling gala and fanyogo in lagos traffic doesn't mean they have any stake in lagos.

Those who actually have good stakes in lagos apart from yorubas that own the city and have most of their investments there.

2- Hausas (Dangote's investments alone in lagos trumped everything igbos have in lagos.
3- Then followed by south southerners (because the "oil factor" that attracts some headquarters to lagos)

If anything at all. Igbos are serious burden to lagos state. Very lawless and a serious burden on lagos infrastructure.

Ibos are not the only tribe in Lagos , are they more lawless than other tribes

Sorry but don't waste your time , I am more enlightened to be beguiled by your hate speeches

My mum of blessed memory raised me better
Re: Adeosun: 55% Of Nigeria’s VAT Is From Lagos by TVTKOKO(m): 8:27pm On Aug 01, 2017
EvilMetahuman:

If anything at all. Igbos are serious burden to lagos state. Very lawless and a serious burden on lagos infrastructure.
And yet, these guys don't make noise. These developers won't seize to amaze me. They're quick to chest beat as if the economy of Nigeria revolves around them

6 Likes

Re: Adeosun: 55% Of Nigeria’s VAT Is From Lagos by Nobody: 8:29pm On Aug 01, 2017
kn23h:

The vermin type knows what the SW contributes to Nigeria, what we own and how successful we are.

Your type? You spend your days insulting Yorubas along with flat heads.

Trust me when I say your types [i.e FFK] are best thrown into the lagoon once Nigeria breaks apart.

Lol

You are clearly a tout or a child being fed by his parents who thinks the world revolves around your tiny click of Ayo, bode and tunde

Listen kid bro but he time you get out in life and realize you need other tribes to achieve success no one will tell u to shut yourself up
Re: Adeosun: 55% Of Nigeria’s VAT Is From Lagos by kn23h(m): 8:29pm On Aug 01, 2017
Oga080666419419:

do you think it was generated with lazy yoouths crowding all betting centers in Oyo and Ogun States.

Lagos is a no man's land.

Mynd44, why was the reply to this post deleted? It wasn't even insulting anyone.

The fact is that it was generating so much likes. And the truth was so shocking y'all had to delete it.

10 Likes

Re: Adeosun: 55% Of Nigeria’s VAT Is From Lagos by kn23h(m): 8:30pm On Aug 01, 2017
Lakeside79:

Lol

You are clearly a tout or a child being fed by his parents who thinks the world revolves around your tiny click of Ayo, bode and tunde

Listen kid bro but he time you get out in life and realize you need other tribes to achieve success no one will tell u to shut yourself up

Now I'm for sure that this flat head disguised as Yoruba is not Yoruba. grin grin grin

7 Likes

Re: Adeosun: 55% Of Nigeria’s VAT Is From Lagos by EvilMetahuman: 8:33pm On Aug 01, 2017
Lakeside79:

Ibos are not the only tribe in Lagos , are they more lawless than other tribes

Sorry but don't waste your time , I am more enlightened to be beguiled by your hate speeches

My mum of blessed memory raised me better
So now you know that ibos are not the only tribe in lagos?

I thought ibos are 98% of lagos population according to you homoflatties?

Most notorious criminals operating in lagos have been igbos. (From evans to clifford orji etc)

Next time; let the men do the talking. Sit your baby ass down and learn. Okay?

8 Likes

Re: Adeosun: 55% Of Nigeria’s VAT Is From Lagos by rusher14: 8:34pm On Aug 01, 2017
awa:
This Finance Minister sounds so unintelligent to me... Why telling us instead of fixing the issue? Why are we paying her as Finance Minister.
Stop telling Nigerians and discuss it during your Weekly FEC meetings and explain to them why there is urgent need for Resources control....

Enough with your bias already.

She sounds unintelligent because her name isn't Ifeoma or Njideka?

States get allocations , some like my Delta state have all the necessary resources for development except for focused leadership and honest followership. Warri that used to be a hub of commercial activities has become desolate due to unwarranted violence and agitation that does nobody any good. Is that the fault of the finance minister? Did these problems not exist under the 'most brilliant finance minister'? what solutions did NOI proffer?

Until Nigerians stop this nature of hate/aggression/agitation, i'm sorry nothing good would come out of those impoverished states.

Lagos thrives because it is a region of calm bolstered by a young workforce married with a vibrant leadership.

Lagos accommodates, even an expatriate can take a morning jog in most parts of the state without incident. How many states can make the same boast?

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Adeosun: 55% Of Nigeria’s VAT Is From Lagos by Nobody: 8:34pm On Aug 01, 2017
kn23h:

Now I'm for sure that this flat head disguised as Yoruba is not Yoruba. grin grin grin

Hahahahahaha I have seen u guys call other yorubas worse for standing against your rubbish so it doesn't bother me

Funny thing is it's the very poor ones amongst us that talk like you guys , filled with so much hate

I understand, hunger makes one angry and hate filled
But trust me ibos didn't cause your hunger your parents poor planning did

I am proud son of oduduwa only child of an angel , and a single parent , a hustler and a proud Yoruba man

I will never partake in this f00lush as I one used to

So be gone insect
Re: Adeosun: 55% Of Nigeria’s VAT Is From Lagos by sunnyb0b0(m): 8:34pm On Aug 01, 2017
kn23h:

Tell us the revenues this Ibo companies make and stop telling us about the old ford cars they give out.

Do you know how many millions in profit Ebele of Greenlife make from Lonart alone. Mind you they have more than 70 other products.

Do you know how many millions in profit Poly Emenike of Neros makes daily from Artesunat tablets? That's just one of his numerous products.

Do you know how many millions in profit Paul Okafor of Elbe was making from Amalar tablets?

The reason I use the pharmaceutical industry as reference is because that's my home ground. Instances abound on all spheres.
Re: Adeosun: 55% Of Nigeria’s VAT Is From Lagos by ELKHALIFAISIS(m): 8:34pm On Aug 01, 2017
kn23h:

Show us the properties Ibos own in lagos and stop lying.

And the companies you own too.
when you get to banana island ask Linda my crush grin
Re: Adeosun: 55% Of Nigeria’s VAT Is From Lagos by Misterdhee1(m): 8:34pm On Aug 01, 2017
Ngokafor:

..SWs and empty noise-making/cheap grandstanding are like 5 and 6....see them taking the glory for Lagos..Meanwhile apart from Lagos,other parts of SW are a cesspit and glorified villages.

..As usual,according to them ,they single-handedly made Lagos what it is today,contributing all the taxes made there,while SEs are 'parasitic'..Ironical SE who have 'nothing' are the ones fighting to be from SW as one country.

..Tell them to have their oduduwa republic now and all hell will break loose as they display their fears and aprehensions..

..Very funny people indeed.
Name one state in your redmud region that's as economical viable as Ogun state. If you can't, pls kindly go back to the kitchen and prepare food for your hungry husband.

11 Likes

Re: Adeosun: 55% Of Nigeria’s VAT Is From Lagos by sunnyb0b0(m): 8:35pm On Aug 01, 2017
shukuokukobambi:

And you insist its those your horde of gala, fanyogo and spare parts sellers in the informal economy that pay the VAT in Lagos? angry

The SE is obviously operating under a debilitating spiritual burden that makes its indigenes pay tax in Lagos but refuse to do same to better their OWN HOMELAND!!

It's obvious you do not even know what VAT is.
Re: Adeosun: 55% Of Nigeria’s VAT Is From Lagos by Abusombody: 8:35pm On Aug 01, 2017
Dont 4get all d Oil industries drilling the blesssing of SS has its headquarter in lagos, so y VAT nor go high. thunder fire una
Re: Adeosun: 55% Of Nigeria’s VAT Is From Lagos by kn23h(m): 8:35pm On Aug 01, 2017
ELKHALIFAISIS:
when you get to banana island ask Linda my crush grin

How much is her revenue. Out of thousands of ibo miscreants in Lagos, Linda is the only one you can mention?

6 Likes

Re: Adeosun: 55% Of Nigeria’s VAT Is From Lagos by kn23h(m): 8:37pm On Aug 01, 2017
sunnyb0b0:

Do you know how many millions in profit Ebele of Greenlife make from Lonart alone. Mind you they have more than 70 other products.

Do you know how many millions in profit Poly Emenike of Neros makes daily from Artesunat tablets? That's just one of his numerous products.

Do you know how many millions in profit Paul Okafor of Elbe was making from Amalar tablets?

The reason I use the pharmaceutical industry as reference is because that's my home ground. Instances abound on all spheres.

Do you know much much Billions Honeywell generates?

It's enough to stunt the amount generated by these stunted ibo local companies. Not to even talk of Femi Odetola and Adenuga's companies.

10 Likes

Re: Adeosun: 55% Of Nigeria’s VAT Is From Lagos by freshest4live: 8:37pm On Aug 01, 2017
awa:
This Finance Minister sounds so unintelligent to me... Why telling us instead of fixing the issue? Why are we paying her as Finance Minister.
Stop telling Nigerians and discuss it during your Weekly FEC meetings and explain to them why there is urgent need for Resources control....
You are the one ranting now, she wasn't telling you, she was sharing with her followers on twitter her hope for the Nigerian economy. It wasn't an official press release or an interview.

3 Likes

Re: Adeosun: 55% Of Nigeria’s VAT Is From Lagos by Nobody: 8:37pm On Aug 01, 2017
totit:

Go check NBS data,she's actually correct. ..talking about IGR.

VAT and IGR are two different animals bro.
Re: Adeosun: 55% Of Nigeria’s VAT Is From Lagos by Nobody: 8:38pm On Aug 01, 2017
EvilMetahuman:

So now you know that ibos are not the only tribe in lagos?

I thought ibos are 98% of lagos population according to you homoflatties?

Most notorious criminals operating in lagos have been igbos. (From evans to clifford orji etc)

Next time; let the men do the talking. Sit your baby ass down and learn. Okay?

Shut the hell up kiddo

98% of robberies in Lagos aren't done by ibos
Raped too, infact child rape is so commonly done not by them (I used to stay in fadeyi and Lagos island )

One chance nko? Who owns that ?

Pick pickets who owns that ?

Don't throw stones in a glass house

My you sound so naive

I will not stand by and watch anyone insult yorubas but sorry I will call a spade a spade
Re: Adeosun: 55% Of Nigeria’s VAT Is From Lagos by kn23h(m): 8:38pm On Aug 01, 2017
Lakeside79:

Hahahahahaha I have seen u guys call other yorubas worse for standing against your rubbish so it doesn't bother me

Funny thing is it's the very poor ones amongst us that talk like you guys , filled with so much hate

I understand, hunger makes one angry and hate filled
But trust me ibos didn't cause your hunger your parents poor planning did

I am proud son of oduduwa only child of an angel , and a single parent , a hustler and a proud Yoruba man

I will never partake in this f00lush as I one used to

So be gone insect

You even sound like a frustrated flat head grin grin

Tell us how much your region generates.

10 Likes

Re: Adeosun: 55% Of Nigeria’s VAT Is From Lagos by kn23h(m): 8:39pm On Aug 01, 2017
Lakeside79:

Shut the hell up kiddo

98% of robberies in Lagos aren't done by ibos

Raped too, infact child rape is so commonly done not by them (I used to stay in fadeyi and Lagos island )

One chance nko? Who owns that ?

Pick pickets who owns that ?

Don't throw stones in a glass house

My you sound so naive

I will not stand by and watch anyone insult yorubas but sorry I will call a spade a spade

Evans people, Ibos are the ones doing most of the crimes in Lagos. Your people make up most of badoo members.

11 Likes

Re: Adeosun: 55% Of Nigeria’s VAT Is From Lagos by kn23h(m): 8:40pm On Aug 01, 2017
Oga080666419419:

do you think it was generated with lazy yoouths crowding all betting centers in Oyo and Ogun States.

Lagos is a no man's land.

Mynd44 tell us why the Yoruba response to this tribalistic post that was generating so much like was deleted.

The mods attempt to shut Yorubas up in this section is becoming more obvious as more intelligent Yoruba comes out.

They want omo ales that likes insulting Yorubas to dominate this forum.

14 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (17) (Reply)

ECOWAS New Currency - Compare Ghana's Response To Nigeria's Response / COVID-19: 3 Of Abba Kyari's Staff Test Positive / Iara Oshiomhole Shines At APC National Convention (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 110
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.