Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,365 members, 7,815,782 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:14 PM

Matthew 10:28 : Fear God Who Can Throw Us Into Hell? - Paul Ellis - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Matthew 10:28 : Fear God Who Can Throw Us Into Hell? - Paul Ellis (6697 Views)

When Did The Old Covenant End? - Paul Ellis / What If I Disappoint God? - Paul Ellis / Does God Scourge Us? 7 Reasons To Say No!! - Paul Ellis (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Matthew 10:28 : Fear God Who Can Throw Us Into Hell? - Paul Ellis by walls01: 11:00am On Aug 06, 2017
Freiden:
God wouldn't be that wicked to throw people into fire...That's if he's interested in what we do in the first place

He wouldn't destroy the world with water let alone fire.

NOTE: There nothing like hell...Hell is like Santa Claus

Don't bother quoting me....I am entitled to my own opinion and my opinion shouldn't be your headache.

yes your opinion is your own but be sure to back up what you say especially if it is about the things of the spirit

1 Like

Re: Matthew 10:28 : Fear God Who Can Throw Us Into Hell? - Paul Ellis by walls01: 11:03am On Aug 06, 2017
merryossai:
I believe in grace but I also believe in punishment for sinners. I believe hell exist but not as we have envisioned it cos God is merciful.

the Bible says weeping and gnashing of teeth, what do you envisioned?
Re: Matthew 10:28 : Fear God Who Can Throw Us Into Hell? - Paul Ellis by walls01: 11:07am On Aug 06, 2017
AntiIPOB:
I kept asking this question s,how can you said God will throw some people to hell fire?

Where is the love of God?

And as a father i don't need to wait for my children fast and starved for me to do something for them,this also confused me?

And the bible said,do not be afraid but when Isis attacked the yazidis in iraq,bokoharam attacked and kidnapped students etc,God do not sent them a rescued,so why must you said I should not be afraid?
This also confused me.

Don't get it twisted iam a winner with LCD cert.

you have tried to use your mind to understand spiritual things, hence you have got it wrong

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Matthew 10:28 : Fear God Who Can Throw Us Into Hell? - Paul Ellis by walls01: 11:14am On Aug 06, 2017
KinzyeWriter:
grin grin grin. don't kill person with laugh joor.

God that knows everything even regretted He created Man. grin

Abracadabra

God said he regretted creating man can you explain what he mean? it means he can regret actions but have the power to make things back as he originally planned. hence he allow every thing to continue as it Is until he plans to change it
Re: Matthew 10:28 : Fear God Who Can Throw Us Into Hell? - Paul Ellis by Nobody: 11:27am On Aug 06, 2017
jiggaz:
“Do not be afraid of those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. Rather, be afraid of the One who can destroy both soul and body in Hell.” (Matt 10:28)

This verse is a puzzle because of what Jesus says next:

“Are not two sparrows sold for a penny? Yet not one of them will fall to the ground apart from the will of your Father. And even the very hairs of your head are all numbered. So don’t be afraid; you are worth more than many sparrows.” (Mat 10:29-31)

Be afraid? Don’t be afraid? Which is it? I’m confused. Is Jesus sending a mixed message? No, he isn’t. But there is no doubt Matthew 10:28 has been used to sow fear among the saints. This verse has caused the children of God to be insecure about their Father’s love. It has led to confusion and anxiety and diabolical thoughts like this: I know God loves me on account of Jesus, but I still need to perform lest he destroy me in Hell.

No, no, no! That is not what Jesus is saying at all. So what’s going on in this passage? What is Jesus saying?

The easiest jigsaw puzzle

Read Matthew 10:28 out of context and you’ll end up insecure and anxious. But read this verse in context and you’ll end up secure, encouraged, and confident of your Father’s great love.

The “be afraid” speech is recorded in two gospels; (1) Matthew 10:28 and (2) Luke 12:5.

– In Matthew’s account Jesus is about to send out the twelve to demonstrate the gospel of the kingdom.

– In Luke’s account Jesus has just rebuked the law experts for taking away the “key to knowledge,” a reference to the law that reveals sin and our need for Jesus. Jesus declares woe on these law experts because, “You yourselves have not entered, and you have hindered those who were entering” (Lu 11:52).

The same story is told twice, in Matthew and Luke, and these two accounts are like a two-piece jigsaw puzzle. A two-piece puzzle is the easiest puzzle there is. You don’t need a theology degree to assemble such a simple puzzle. Even a small child can do it. And so can we.

The picture in the puzzle

Here’s the context: The disciples are about to go and proclaim the gospel and will likely face persecution from the religious leaders and law-lovers. Got it? Good. Now here, in point form, is everything Jesus says to encourage them.

Go out and reveal the kingdom by healing the sick and driving out demons (Matt 10:7-cool.

But be on your guard against the yeast of the Pharisees, which is hypocrisy (Lu 12:1). Those guys have the key to knowledge but have not used it to help themselves or others enter the kingdom. Woe to them!

Since you’re going to be sheep among wolves, be as shrewd as snakes and as innocent as doves (Mat 10:16).

Understand that you will face opposition. You may even be persecuted and tortured (Matt 10:17).

If these men have persecuted the head of the house (i.e., me) how much more will they persecute the members of his house (Matt 10:25).

But don’t be afraid of these men because a day of reckoning is coming when their hypocrisy will be exposed for the sham it is (Matt 10:26).

Ha – you want to know who to be afraid of? It’s not these clowns who can only hurt your bodies. There is One far scarier than these guys – One who is able to destroy both body and soul (Mat 10:28).

That scary One is your Father who loves you and cares for you (Mat 10:29).

As you encounter the opposition of wicked men, remember that Almighty God is for you and will vindicate you. So don’t be afraid (Mat 10:30).

Indeed, don’t even worry about what you will eat and wear, etc. (Lu 12:22). As you seek the kingdom your loving Father will take care of all your needs (Lu 21:31).

You who have acknowledged me before men, I will acknowledge before my Father. But those clowns who think they’re hot stuff – those law-lovers who have taken away the key to knowledge, have denied me and chosen to remain outside the kingdom – I will deny them before my Father (Mat 10:32-33).

So I say again, do not be afraid, little flock, for your Father is pleased to give you the kingdom (Luk 12:32).

Do you see how it’s important to read things in context? Jesus isn’t threatening his disciples with Hell. He is encouraging them. Again and again he says “Do not be afraid.” At first blush this seems unrealistic. How can we not fear given all the trouble and opposition we face when preaching the gospel? “The solution,” says Jesus, “is to look at your Father. He’s awesome! He’ll vindicate you and take care of you.”

The fearless children of a fearful Father

Only a wicked parent gives their children mixed messages. Only a wicked parent mixes love with terror. Your heavenly Father is not a wicked parent.

Jesus is not sending a mixed message to his disciples. He is not saying be afraid and don’t be afraid. There is no fear in love. Rather, he’s putting persecution into perspective. It’s like he’s saying:

Guys it’s natural to be scared of persecution and death. But there are scarier things out there. Your Father for One. He’s the scariest hombre there is! And you have nothing to fear from him. When you understand this – when you know that God is for you, not against you – it will free you from the fear of men. So don’t be afraid and don’t worry. He who cares for the sparrows cares for you. And don’t think you have to do any of this gospel-preaching stuff to earn your way into my kingdom. No, little flock, your Father is pleased to give you the kingdom.

We live in a world enslaved to fear. Jesus came to set us free from the fear of death and every other fear (Heb 2:15). It is inconceivable that Jesus would use fear to free us from fear. The disciples understood this which is why one of them later said:

“Do not fear what they fear; do not be frightened.” But in your hearts set apart Christ as Lord. (1 Pet 3:14-15)

When you set apart Christ as “Lord” you are literally saying Jesus is the ultimate power and authority. You are saying he is the kurios, the supreme ruler, and the final word on every subject. When fear comes to you, perhaps in the form of opposition or a bad doctor’s report, this is the time to set apart Christ as Lord. This is the time to speak to your fears about the One who is above all and at whose name every knee will bow.

“Be afraid of God?” Not us, not his dearly beloved kids. But those enemies of his who hate Jesus and seek to intimidate and threaten his kids – yes, a little fear of the Lord might yet do them some good.

https://escapetoreality.org/2013/07/09/matthew-10v28-fear-god/

Ah, The Christian hell.

The Christian hell is for Christians.

The Muslim hell is for Muslim.

The Hindu hell is for Hindus.

Dazzol.
Re: Matthew 10:28 : Fear God Who Can Throw Us Into Hell? - Paul Ellis by nwosu35: 12:01pm On Aug 06, 2017
emmanuelike:

What are u saying?

Please try read very well, before you jump into conclusion, have you asked yourself how did the word come about,. . .? How is it also related to hades and shoel,. . .? I pity for your understanding to that Bible scripture.
If you are a pastor of any church l really pity ur members.
Re: Matthew 10:28 : Fear God Who Can Throw Us Into Hell? - Paul Ellis by smat101(m): 12:29pm On Aug 06, 2017
RedArrow:
When people conclude that God cannot destroy with water I begin to wonder if Noah's flood was a fiction and when they also assume that He cannot destroy with fire I also imagine if the account of Sodom and Gomorrah never took place. Please read Psalm 136, it gives a picture of mercy and judgment.
That is Old testament bro
Re: Matthew 10:28 : Fear God Who Can Throw Us Into Hell? - Paul Ellis by smat101(m): 12:34pm On Aug 06, 2017
walls01:

That place is not for christians....
That place is for people who DO NOT BELEIVE in Jesus Christ...
Its for false prohet...people who DENY our Saviour...
Re: Matthew 10:28 : Fear God Who Can Throw Us Into Hell? - Paul Ellis by Nobody: 1:10pm On Aug 06, 2017
jiggaz:
“Do not be afraid of those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. Rather, be afraid of the One who can destroy both soul and body in Hell.” (Matt 10:28)

This verse is a puzzle because of what Jesus says next:

“Are not two sparrows sold for a penny? Yet not one of them will fall to the ground apart from the will of your Father. And even the very hairs of your head are all numbered. So don’t be afraid; you are worth more than many sparrows.” (Mat 10:29-31)

Be afraid? Don’t be afraid? Which is it? I’m confused. Is Jesus sending a mixed message? No, he isn’t. But there is no doubt Matthew 10:28 has been used to sow fear among the saints. This verse has caused the children of God to be insecure about their Father’s love. It has led to confusion and anxiety and diabolical thoughts like this: I know God loves me on account of Jesus, but I still need to perform lest he destroy me in Hell.

No, no, no! That is not what Jesus is saying at all. So what’s going on in this passage? What is Jesus saying?

The easiest jigsaw puzzle

Read Matthew 10:28 out of context and you’ll end up insecure and anxious. But read this verse in context and you’ll end up secure, encouraged, and confident of your Father’s great love.

The “be afraid” speech is recorded in two gospels; (1) Matthew 10:28 and (2) Luke 12:5.

– In Matthew’s account Jesus is about to send out the twelve to demonstrate the gospel of the kingdom.

– In Luke’s account Jesus has just rebuked the law experts for taking away the “key to knowledge,” a reference to the law that reveals sin and our need for Jesus. Jesus declares woe on these law experts because, “You yourselves have not entered, and you have hindered those who were entering” (Lu 11:52).

The same story is told twice, in Matthew and Luke, and these two accounts are like a two-piece jigsaw puzzle. A two-piece puzzle is the easiest puzzle there is. You don’t need a theology degree to assemble such a simple puzzle. Even a small child can do it. And so can we.

The picture in the puzzle

Here’s the context: The disciples are about to go and proclaim the gospel and will likely face persecution from the religious leaders and law-lovers. Got it? Good. Now here, in point form, is everything Jesus says to encourage them.

Go out and reveal the kingdom by healing the sick and driving out demons (Matt 10:7-cool.

But be on your guard against the yeast of the Pharisees, which is hypocrisy (Lu 12:1). Those guys have the key to knowledge but have not used it to help themselves or others enter the kingdom. Woe to them!

Since you’re going to be sheep among wolves, be as shrewd as snakes and as innocent as doves (Mat 10:16).

Understand that you will face opposition. You may even be persecuted and tortured (Matt 10:17).

If these men have persecuted the head of the house (i.e., me) how much more will they persecute the members of his house (Matt 10:25).

But don’t be afraid of these men because a day of reckoning is coming when their hypocrisy will be exposed for the sham it is (Matt 10:26).

Ha – you want to know who to be afraid of? It’s not these clowns who can only hurt your bodies. There is One far scarier than these guys – One who is able to destroy both body and soul (Mat 10:28).

That scary One is your Father who loves you and cares for you (Mat 10:29).

As you encounter the opposition of wicked men, remember that Almighty God is for you and will vindicate you. So don’t be afraid (Mat 10:30).

Indeed, don’t even worry about what you will eat and wear, etc. (Lu 12:22). As you seek the kingdom your loving Father will take care of all your needs (Lu 21:31).

You who have acknowledged me before men, I will acknowledge before my Father. But those clowns who think they’re hot stuff – those law-lovers who have taken away the key to knowledge, have denied me and chosen to remain outside the kingdom – I will deny them before my Father (Mat 10:32-33).

So I say again, do not be afraid, little flock, for your Father is pleased to give you the kingdom (Luk 12:32).

Do you see how it’s important to read things in context? Jesus isn’t threatening his disciples with Hell. He is encouraging them. Again and again he says “Do not be afraid.” At first blush this seems unrealistic. How can we not fear given all the trouble and opposition we face when preaching the gospel? “The solution,” says Jesus, “is to look at your Father. He’s awesome! He’ll vindicate you and take care of you.”

The fearless children of a fearful Father

Only a wicked parent gives their children mixed messages. Only a wicked parent mixes love with terror. Your heavenly Father is not a wicked parent.

Jesus is not sending a mixed message to his disciples. He is not saying be afraid and don’t be afraid. There is no fear in love. Rather, he’s putting persecution into perspective. It’s like he’s saying:

Guys it’s natural to be scared of persecution and death. But there are scarier things out there. Your Father for One. He’s the scariest hombre there is! And you have nothing to fear from him. When you understand this – when you know that God is for you, not against you – it will free you from the fear of men. So don’t be afraid and don’t worry. He who cares for the sparrows cares for you. And don’t think you have to do any of this gospel-preaching stuff to earn your way into my kingdom. No, little flock, your Father is pleased to give you the kingdom.

We live in a world enslaved to fear. Jesus came to set us free from the fear of death and every other fear (Heb 2:15). It is inconceivable that Jesus would use fear to free us from fear. The disciples understood this which is why one of them later said:

“Do not fear what they fear; do not be frightened.” But in your hearts set apart Christ as Lord. (1 Pet 3:14-15)

When you set apart Christ as “Lord” you are literally saying Jesus is the ultimate power and authority. You are saying he is the kurios, the supreme ruler, and the final word on every subject. When fear comes to you, perhaps in the form of opposition or a bad doctor’s report, this is the time to set apart Christ as Lord. This is the time to speak to your fears about the One who is above all and at whose name every knee will bow.

“Be afraid of God?” Not us, not his dearly beloved kids. But those enemies of his who hate Jesus and seek to intimidate and threaten his kids – yes, a little fear of the Lord might yet do them some good.

https://escapetoreality.org/2013/07/09/matthew-10v28-fear-god/
Re: Matthew 10:28 : Fear God Who Can Throw Us Into Hell? - Paul Ellis by walls01: 1:46pm On Aug 06, 2017
smat101:

That place is not for christians....
That place is for people who DO NOT BELEIVE in Jesus Christ...
Its for false prohet...people who DENY our Saviour...

correct, God warned man several times but men would not listen. he formed hell out of anger, but gave all men wisdom to avoid it, but men just love darkness. at the end the wheat will be separated from the shaft. meaning only the obedient ones will witness the new world the original thought of creating man at first
Re: Matthew 10:28 : Fear God Who Can Throw Us Into Hell? - Paul Ellis by KinzyeWriter(m): 2:42pm On Aug 06, 2017
walls01:

God said he regretted creating man can you explain what he mean? it means he can regret actions but have the power to make things back as he originally planned. hence he allow every thing to continue as it Is until he plans to change it
Lol, God regretted what he did, meaning he didn't know the human future, biko

1 Like

Re: Matthew 10:28 : Fear God Who Can Throw Us Into Hell? - Paul Ellis by Peacefullove: 3:37pm On Aug 06, 2017
walls01:

Gnashing of teeth , do souls/spirits have TEETH ? don't forget teeth is a bone .

i await your answers
Re: Matthew 10:28 : Fear God Who Can Throw Us Into Hell? - Paul Ellis by Peacefullove: 3:39pm On Aug 06, 2017
walls01:

correct, God warned man several times but men would not listen. he formed hell out of anger
, but gave all men wisdom to avoid it, but men just love darkness. at the end the wheat will be separated from the shaft. meaning only the obedient ones will witness the new world the original thought of creating man at first

on which day of Creation @ bold?
Re: Matthew 10:28 : Fear God Who Can Throw Us Into Hell? - Paul Ellis by walls01: 3:41pm On Aug 06, 2017
KinzyeWriter:
Lol, God regretted what he did, meaning he didn't know the human future, biko

you don't understand God. he said I will send my prophets some you will kill and others you will put in jail. even though he know they will be killed he send them anyway. but is purpose will stand that is the area you should look. in one verse the prophet said he changed his line of action when he saw the outcome. he is God he does as he wills
Re: Matthew 10:28 : Fear God Who Can Throw Us Into Hell? - Paul Ellis by walls01: 3:52pm On Aug 06, 2017
Peacefullove:

Gnashing of teeth , do souls/spirits have TEETH ? don't forget teeth is a bone .

i await your answers

that is simple enough. through out the Bible the writers always express the spirit in the similitude of man. one verse why referring to God said with an outstretched arm, do God have a arm? exodus 33:23 said and I quote :- I will take away mine hand, and thou shalt see my back parts but my face shall not be seen. read this verse and you will understand that throughout the Bible the spirit beings are given man attributes
Re: Matthew 10:28 : Fear God Who Can Throw Us Into Hell? - Paul Ellis by walls01: 3:57pm On Aug 06, 2017
Peacefullove:

on which day of Creation @ bold?

before the creation of man. hell was prepared for the devil and his angels. Read revelation 19:20, 20:15 you can also read 18:8, 19-20 and 14:10-11 all in revelation.
Re: Matthew 10:28 : Fear God Who Can Throw Us Into Hell? - Paul Ellis by KinzyeWriter(m): 4:33pm On Aug 06, 2017
walls01:

you don't understand God. he said I will send my prophets some you will kill and others you will put in jail. even though he know they will be killed he send them anyway. but is purpose will stand that is the area you should look. in one verse the prophet said he changed his line of action when he saw the outcome. he is God he does as he wills
And that same God regretted His action grin... This people with their imbalance beliefs sha, shior.

1 Like

Re: Matthew 10:28 : Fear God Who Can Throw Us Into Hell? - Paul Ellis by KinzyeWriter(m): 4:36pm On Aug 06, 2017
Abi what gan?

Re: Matthew 10:28 : Fear God Who Can Throw Us Into Hell? - Paul Ellis by walls01: 5:38pm On Aug 06, 2017
KinzyeWriter:
And that same God regretted His action grin... This people with their imbalance beliefs sha, shior.

what do you understand by the term regret. what is imbalance? when God is angry he say or do things he later wish he had not done. but his words will stand. in a verse he said they (Israelites) moved me to anger and I gave them ordinances that are not good, but in the right time I will deliver them. God has the ability to see the end from the beginning, but act on the present. take for instance he had seen the destruction of the world, but if the present do not follow a sequence that will never happen.
you can't understand fully cause this are spiritual things you think with your brain.
to test the limit of your brain tell me IN THE BEGINNING WHAT HAPPENED OR WHAT HAPPENED BEFORE THE BEGINNING. try and see if you can comprehend this whether you believe in God or not
Re: Matthew 10:28 : Fear God Who Can Throw Us Into Hell? - Paul Ellis by KinzyeWriter(m): 5:54pm On Aug 06, 2017
walls01:

what do you understand by the term regret. what is imbalance? when God is angry he say or do things he later wish he had not done. but his words will stand. in a verse he said they (Israelites) moved me to anger and I gave them ordinances that are not good, but in the right time I will deliver them. God has the ability to see the end from the beginning, but act on the present. take for instance he had seen the destruction of the world, but if the present do not follow a sequence that will never happen.
you can't understand fully cause this are spiritual things you think with your brain.
to test the limit of your brain tell me IN THE BEGINNING WHAT HAPPENED OR WHAT HAPPENED BEFORE THE BEGINNING. try and see if you can comprehend this whether you believe in God or not
With The Bolded Words, it is finished grin

1 Like

Re: Matthew 10:28 : Fear God Who Can Throw Us Into Hell? - Paul Ellis by walls01: 6:16pm On Aug 06, 2017
KinzyeWriter:
Re: Matthew 10:28 : Fear God Who Can Throw Us Into Hell? - Paul Ellis by walls01: 6:19pm On Aug 06, 2017
KinzyeWriter:

what about the words in capital. what is wrong about the bolded? don't you know we make God angry through disobedience. and we force him to punish us because we break the law and must be punished
Re: Matthew 10:28 : Fear God Who Can Throw Us Into Hell? - Paul Ellis by KinzyeWriter(m): 6:26pm On Aug 06, 2017
walls01:

what about the words in capital. what is wrong about the bolded? don't you know we make God angry through disobedience. and we force him to punish us because we break the law and must be punished
If you can't see any fault in the bolded, then you will never be able to reason with your common sense. let's chill bro... Ion dwell on poo.

you can stay off my mention now, thanks wink

1 Like

Re: Matthew 10:28 : Fear God Who Can Throw Us Into Hell? - Paul Ellis by walls01: 6:30pm On Aug 06, 2017
KinzyeWriter:
If you can't see any fault in the bolded, then you will never be able to reason with your common sense. let's chill bro... Ion dwell on poo.

you can stay off my mention now, thanks wink

explain the bolded? you can't reason beyond your normal reasoning. explain the word in capital
Re: Matthew 10:28 : Fear God Who Can Throw Us Into Hell? - Paul Ellis by Peacefullove: 6:35pm On Aug 06, 2017
walls01:

before the creation of man. hell was prepared for the devil and his angels. Read revelation 19:20, 20:15 you can also read 18:8, 19-20 and 14:10-11 all in revelation.

Many things in your revelation book aint real, Using random sampling. Revelation 19 vs 20 you cited above proves that by mentioning a wild beast , now show me that Wild beast with 7 horns and 10 heads and I will take you serious.

My question is: On which day of Creation was hell made ? don't give me that crap of before the creation of man, of cos many things are created before man and they are well documented in Genesis. so tell me which of the 6 days of creation was hell made
Re: Matthew 10:28 : Fear God Who Can Throw Us Into Hell? - Paul Ellis by walls01: 6:47pm On Aug 06, 2017
Peacefullove:

Many things in your revelation book aint real, Using random sampling. Revelation 19 vs 20 you cited above proves that by mentioning a wild beast , now show me that Wild beast with 7 horns and 10 heads and I will take you serious.

My question is: On which day of Creation was hell made ? don't give me that crap of before the creation of man, of cos many things are created before man and they are well documented in Genesis. so tell me which of the 6 days of creation was hell made

I see you writing out of unbelief. I told you things about the spirit was written in the similitude of Mans world, the wild beast with seven horn means something different from what you think. are you really waiting to see a beast with seven horn?
read Isaiah 66:24
Re: Matthew 10:28 : Fear God Who Can Throw Us Into Hell? - Paul Ellis by Peacefullove: 6:48pm On Aug 06, 2017
walls01:

that is simple enough. through out the Bible the writers always express the spirit in the similitude of man. one verse why referring to God said with an outstretched arm, do God have a arm? exodus 33:23 said and I quote :- I will take away mine hand, and thou shalt see my back parts but my face shall not be seen. read this verse and you will understand that throughout the Bible the spirit beings are given man attributes

Man, God is invisible according to the bible so that tells you the bible writers are trying to explain him in human terms to let readers understand, yet the fact is Spirit does not have flesh and bones. so those things are pure imaginations.

But this is a different case, When a man dies his TEETH are buried with him , now Jesus said there will be gnashing of teeth .

there are two possibilities
1. Souls/Spirit have teeth

2. It's just a description NOT real, if so on what basis can you claim hell is real or place of fire if spirit terms in the bible are not expressed in their actual sense ?
Re: Matthew 10:28 : Fear God Who Can Throw Us Into Hell? - Paul Ellis by Peacefullove: 6:53pm On Aug 06, 2017
walls01:

I see you writing out of unbelief. I told you things about the spirit was written in the similitude of Mans world, the wild beast with seven horn means something different from what you think. are you really waiting to see a beast with seven horn?

Rightfully then, do you agree the lake of fire into which the wild beast is thrown is Something different from what you think ?
Re: Matthew 10:28 : Fear God Who Can Throw Us Into Hell? - Paul Ellis by Peacefullove: 6:53pm On Aug 06, 2017
walls01:

I see you writing out of unbelief. I told you things about the spirit was written in the similitude of Mans world, the wild beast with seven horn means something different from what you think.
are you really waiting to see a beast with seven horn?

Rightfully then, do you agree the lake of fire into which the wild beast is thrown is Something different from what you think ?
Re: Matthew 10:28 : Fear God Who Can Throw Us Into Hell? - Paul Ellis by walls01: 6:56pm On Aug 06, 2017
Peacefullove:

Man, God is invisible according to the bible so that tells you the bible writers are trying to explain him in human terms to let readers understand, yet the fact is Spirit does not have flesh and bones. so those things are pure imaginations.

But this is a different case, When a man dies his TEETH are buried with him , now Jesus said there will be gnashing of teeth .

there are two possibilities
1. Souls/Spirit have teeth

2. It's just a description NOT real, if so on what basis can you claim hell is real or place of fire if spirit terms in the bible are not expressed in their actual sense ?

Isaiah 66:24:- and they shall go forth, and look upon the carcases of the men that have transgressed against me; for their worm shall not die, neither shall their fire be quenched; and they shall be an abhorring unto all flesh.
if you still need more verse about hell let me know
Re: Matthew 10:28 : Fear God Who Can Throw Us Into Hell? - Paul Ellis by Peacefullove: 7:03pm On Aug 06, 2017
walls01:

Isaiah 66:24:- and they shall go forth, and look upon the carcases of the men that have transgressed against me; for their worm shall not die, neither shall their fire be quenched; and they shall be an abhorring unto all flesh.
if you still need more verse about hell let me know

To quote is one thing, to understand is another

so this is talking about hell to you, grin grin do souls have carcasses ?
Re: Matthew 10:28 : Fear God Who Can Throw Us Into Hell? - Paul Ellis by walls01: 7:05pm On Aug 06, 2017
Peacefullove:

read matt 25:41-46 verse 46 I read and these shall go away into everlasting punishment; but the righteous into life eternal. please explain what you understand by this verse

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Tribute to Pastor Bimbo Odukoya / 10 Secrets To Make Any Charm Work For You / Why Are There So Many Inconsistencies Between Mathew And Luke?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.