Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,853 members, 7,810,281 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:09 AM

Top Paying Law Firms In Nigeria 2017 - Law Repository Nigeria - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Top Paying Law Firms In Nigeria 2017 - Law Repository Nigeria (34597 Views)

Top 11 Female Lawyers In Nigeria 2017 / Top 10 Richest Lawyers In Nigeria 2017 - Law Repository Nigeria / Top 10 Litigation Law Firms In Nigeria 2017 - Law Repository (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Top Paying Law Firms In Nigeria 2017 - Law Repository Nigeria by queenfav(f): 9:42am On Aug 02, 2017
Thanks a lot @4rty @anaton @rayralph , my boss and his wife are aware of my business. Two of my colleagues imports and sells cars on the side too. Wait till you work as a professional from 8-6pm, Monday to Saturday on a salary of less than 70k, then you would understand!You can't expect us to survive on the meagre pay, so my boss is well aware of our side hustles and gives us ample time to do it. He knows the economy. All he asks is go to court, do your assignments, complete your tasks and file early..Sometimes he would even tell you, take the work home and do, bring it when u come back from your trip. If u want to travel for two weeks, he would allow you and pay you fully .I'd rather be there than work in a top law firm that would work you like a dog for 150k. Wheras you can make twice that amount from a side business while working with a firm that allows you time and space to hustle.I appreciate my boss for all he is. He is one of the few senior lawyers that understands how bad d legal profession works against juniors. So advisers, thank u very much .Even if my boss were on nairaland, he would read this and laugh,cos he knows we all have side businesses and he allows it!End of story..

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Top Paying Law Firms In Nigeria 2017 - Law Repository Nigeria by anasbeaut(f): 9:48am On Aug 02, 2017
Please has any one heard of LESAT? Will it increase my chances of getting hired by any of these big law firm, if I take the test? Thanks
Re: Top Paying Law Firms In Nigeria 2017 - Law Repository Nigeria by samjey: 10:19am On Aug 02, 2017
Ayam a lawya o!
Re: Top Paying Law Firms In Nigeria 2017 - Law Repository Nigeria by Nobody: 10:23am On Aug 02, 2017
Diamonddris:
Face of a what?

Please, what bleachin' cream do you use?
Re: Top Paying Law Firms In Nigeria 2017 - Law Repository Nigeria by KingRex1(m): 10:31am On Aug 02, 2017
Ebayray:

If you know them, link me tongue after Law school
Lol my naija people and connection tongue
The firm was of some sorta help to my degree project.
Re: Top Paying Law Firms In Nigeria 2017 - Law Repository Nigeria by castrokins(m): 11:02am On Aug 02, 2017
Wetin Lawyers Dey Do Sef?
Re: Top Paying Law Firms In Nigeria 2017 - Law Repository Nigeria by Nobody: 11:11am On Aug 02, 2017
queenfav:
These firms will use you till you have no life left in you! Some of them require you to work sundays.I am very happy with my firm because i have freedom to do my business and work at my own pace in a very relaxed atmosphere. I resume work when i like, all i need to do is call the secretary and say "Tell oga i stepped out". With that line, i can go and meet with clients for my hair business and resume 2pm in the afternoon.It is more than perfect for me considering my biz.

If you were more wiser you wont state this in details. Dont forget Lawyers are not allowed to do the sort of business you say you run alongside practice. Moreover a reputable Law firm will not take a person with such post seriously. On the other hand i agree that the rule against Lawyers doing business causes undue hardship; the rule is needless in this century and in the present day economic climate in Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Top Paying Law Firms In Nigeria 2017 - Law Repository Nigeria by Nobody: 11:12am On Aug 02, 2017
KingRex1:
Lol my naija people and connection tongue The firm was of some sorta help to my degree project.

Aww nice.

Lol, who doesn't like connection before grin
Re: Top Paying Law Firms In Nigeria 2017 - Law Repository Nigeria by Nobody: 11:13am On Aug 02, 2017
castrokins:
Wetin Lawyers Dey Do Sef?

We fry balls! shocked

1 Like

Re: Top Paying Law Firms In Nigeria 2017 - Law Repository Nigeria by ogbiwa: 11:27am On Aug 02, 2017
queenfav:
These firms will use you till you have no life left in you! Some of them require you to work sundays.I am very happy with my firm because i have freedom to do my business and work at my own pace in a very relaxed atmosphere. I resume work when i like, all i need to do is call the secretary and say "Tell oga i stepped out". With that line, i can go and meet with clients for my hair business and resume 2pm in the afternoon.It is more than perfect for me considering my biz.

How much do they pay you
Re: Top Paying Law Firms In Nigeria 2017 - Law Repository Nigeria by herrdeustch: 11:53am On Aug 02, 2017
NIce post OP
Re: Top Paying Law Firms In Nigeria 2017 - Law Repository Nigeria by ogbiwa: 12:04pm On Aug 02, 2017
anaton:

Chai!See finishing grin and e don tay wey the guy been dey feel good about the picture.

grin grin grin grin
Chai. You just add salt for the injury bros grin grin
Re: Top Paying Law Firms In Nigeria 2017 - Law Repository Nigeria by yunnyp(m): 12:45pm On Aug 02, 2017
Try and dig about Akanbi&Wigwe Legal Practitioners. You know nothing about Law firm that pays well.

1 Like

Re: Top Paying Law Firms In Nigeria 2017 - Law Repository Nigeria by sgtponzihater1(m): 1:31pm On Aug 02, 2017
queenfav:

Who u epp?, you are not serious with ur job and u have the effontry to preach it's on social media. Will u accept such from ur own employee, or are u running shows with the Oga?
Re: Top Paying Law Firms In Nigeria 2017 - Law Repository Nigeria by queenfav(f): 2:20pm On Aug 02, 2017
adesewa4uyahoo:
Yusuf Ali and Co too I think. These firms will squeeze the juice out of your brain ehn... No Saturday no Sunday abeg leave me with my firm! Na when I get matter I dey go. No queries. When my House of krafts business still dey? Abeg Rule 7 no dey my own RPC.
lol.. We are together! The non lawyers cannot understand what lawyers face, especially in this harsh economic climate. If you don't have a side biz, you will wallow in poverty. The rich kids who are well connected have it better. Some are even given employment before graduation and start working with above 100k pay. Those of us that have no one but God, has to be ingenious, else you will dabble into crime and all sorts to survive. I just thank God for my boss's understanding nature, that man no get wahala at all!

3 Likes

Re: Top Paying Law Firms In Nigeria 2017 - Law Repository Nigeria by SirMazi: 2:46pm On Aug 02, 2017
kn23h:
grin When we say Yorubas dominate, keep shut and don't argue

Bloomfield Law Practice - Yoruba

Detail Solicitors - Yoruba

Olaniwun Ajayi LP - Yoruba

ǼLEX - Yoruba

Aluko & Oyebode - Yoruba

Templars - Yoruba

Banwo & Ighodalo: - Yoruba co-founder

Babalakin & Co - Yoruba

Rule 2 Mynd44 take note
Re: Top Paying Law Firms In Nigeria 2017 - Law Repository Nigeria by adesewa4uyahoo(f): 5:23pm On Aug 02, 2017
queenfav:
lol.. We are together! The non lawyers cannot understand what lawyers face, especially in this harsh economic climate. If you don't have a side biz, you will wallow in poverty. The rich kids who are well connected have it better. Some are even given employment before graduation and start working with above 100k pay. Those of us that have no one but God, has to be ingenious, else you will dabble into crime and all sorts to survive. I just thank God for my boss's understanding nature, that man no get wahala at all!
my sister I Waka follow o.. People won't understand.

1 Like

Re: Top Paying Law Firms In Nigeria 2017 - Law Repository Nigeria by queenfav(f): 5:40pm On Aug 02, 2017
adesewa4uyahoo:
my sister I Waka follow o.. People won't understand.
Na so e just be..
Re: Top Paying Law Firms In Nigeria 2017 - Law Repository Nigeria by hibee4uall(m): 7:21pm On Aug 02, 2017
Sterope:
Those working there know what they want from life, just like you do too

Also, isn't it against your professional ethics not to engage in other businesses especially buying and selling
while practicing as a lawyer?

My thoughts exactly

Re: Top Paying Law Firms In Nigeria 2017 - Law Repository Nigeria by hibee4uall(m): 7:25pm On Aug 02, 2017
Op just say those you know

There are many law firms that pay above what you mentioned above...

PLS CHECK MY SIGNATURE. THANKS FOR DOING SO
Re: Top Paying Law Firms In Nigeria 2017 - Law Repository Nigeria by Pojomojo: 12:39pm On Aug 03, 2017
Pojomojo:
Pelumi, Penilerin & co
The pay is fair.
Re: Top Paying Law Firms In Nigeria 2017 - Law Repository Nigeria by Kobicove(m): 3:19pm On Aug 04, 2017
queenfav:

------CLARIFICATION FOR THOSE CONCERNED NAIRALANDERS BLOWING UP MY PHONE WITH MENTIONS!
my boss and his wife are aware of my business. Two of my colleagues imports and sells cars on the side too. Wait till you work as a professional from 8-6pm, Monday to Saturday on a salary of less than 70k, then you would understand!You can't expect us to survive on the meagre pay, so my boss is well aware of our side hustles and gives us ample time to do it. He knows the economy. All he asks is go to court, do your assignments, complete your tasks and file early..Sometimes he would even tell you, take the work home and do, bring it when u come back from your trip. If u want to travel for two weeks, he would allow you and pay you fully .I'd rather be there than work in a top law firm that would work you like a dog for 150k. Wheras you can make twice that amount from a side business while working with a firm that allows you time and space to hustle.I appreciate my boss for all he is. He is one of the few senior lawyers that understands how bad d legal profession works against juniors. So advisers, thank u very much .Even if my boss were on nairaland, he would read this and laugh,cos he knows we all have side businesses and he allows it!End of story..Thanks for your concern. That's how we operate in my firm and everyone goes home happy!

I foresee a lot of instances of conflict of interest in this law firm
Re: Top Paying Law Firms In Nigeria 2017 - Law Repository Nigeria by jamesuwaboi: 1:12pm On Aug 24, 2017
Sniper12:
Lies. Number one is totally false
You are possibly speaking about the Firm (Bloomsfield Law Practice) before it was restructured last year. My friend there told me they increase their salaries by between 15%-20% every year now and that youth corpers earn 120k a month and entry level is much higher. Says they may not really be number one but are amongst the highest paying Firms now and give free breakfast and lunch, recharge cards and allow you do at least one international travels on the Firm's bill every year and also give bonuses in millions. My friend also told me that it has not always been the case and that all these started last year when the Firm was restructured with one or two new Partners coming from two of the biggest and highest paying firms with their own ideas of how the Firm should be run. I think they now also have some of the biggest deals in the market but don't make too much noise.

2 Likes

Re: Top Paying Law Firms In Nigeria 2017 - Law Repository Nigeria by jamesuwaboi: 1:19pm On Aug 24, 2017
InvertedHammer:

/
This is sad.

About N250k/month as top pay.

SMH.
\

I think the figures are for youth corpers, entry level. Not experienced people who earn up to a million a month and salary Partners who earn up to 2.5 million a month. I do not think it is that bad for the top 10/15 Firms. Pay is decent.
Re: Top Paying Law Firms In Nigeria 2017 - Law Repository Nigeria by Chigekwu(m): 8:08pm On Aug 24, 2017
Hello my people
Re: Top Paying Law Firms In Nigeria 2017 - Law Repository Nigeria by Chigekwu(m): 8:11pm On Aug 24, 2017
Pls can I get help here ?. I seriously need a law fiirm as it has been difficult for me to get any.
Re: Top Paying Law Firms In Nigeria 2017 - Law Repository Nigeria by Honora000: 12:51am On Feb 02, 2019
queenfav:

------CLARIFICATION FOR THOSE CONCERNED NAIRALANDERS BLOWING UP MY PHONE WITH MENTIONS!
my boss and his wife are aware of my business. Two of my colleagues imports and sells cars on the side too. Wait till you work as a professional from 8-6pm, Monday to Saturday on a salary of less than 70k, then you would understand!You can't expect us to survive on the meagre pay, so my boss is well aware of our side hustles and gives us ample time to do it. He knows the economy. All he asks is go to court, do your assignments, complete your tasks and file early..Sometimes he would even tell you, take the work home and do, bring it when u come back from your trip. If u want to travel for two weeks, he would allow you and pay you fully .I'd rather be there than work in a top law firm that would work you like a dog for 150k. Wheras you can make twice that amount from a side business while working with a firm that allows you time and space to hustle.I appreciate my boss for all he is. He is one of the few senior lawyers that understands how bad d legal profession works against juniors. So advisers, thank u very much .Even if my boss were on nairaland, he would read this and laugh,cos he knows we all have side businesses and he allows it!End of story..Thanks for your concern. That's how we operate in my firm and everyone goes home happy!

I get your point totally. All these private firms use the juniors a lot and I know some that sometimes sleep in the office
Re: Top Paying Law Firms In Nigeria 2017 - Law Repository Nigeria by Bscholarly: 5:33pm On Nov 28, 2019
Highest paying law firms in Nigeria

Below are Nigeria's highest paying law firms in 2019/2020:

Banwo & Igbodalo - N100,000 per month

Templars - N100,000 per month

Aluko & Oyebode - N100,000 per month

Ajumogobia & Okeke - N90,000 per month

Olaniwun Ajayi LP - N90,000 per month

Udo Udoma & Bello Osagie - N80,000 per month

Abdulahi, Taiwo & Co - N75,000 per month

Adepetun Caxton Martins Agbor and Segun - N70,000 per month

Aelex - N80,000 per month

Gani Fawehinmi Chambers - N50,000 per month

To read full article please follow the link below:

https://bscholarly.com/highest-paying-law-firms-in-nigeria/
Re: Top Paying Law Firms In Nigeria 2017 - Law Repository Nigeria by Okoyiboz3: 9:19pm On Dec 03, 2019
Bscholarly:
Highest paying law firms in Nigeria

Below are Nigeria's highest paying law firms in 2019/2020:

Banwo & Igbodalo - N100,000 per month

Templars - N100,000 per month

Aluko & Oyebode - N100,000 per month

Ajumogobia & Okeke - N90,000 per month

Olaniwun Ajayi LP - N90,000 per month

Udo Udoma & Bello Osagie - N80,000 per month

Abdulahi, Taiwo & Co - N75,000 per month

Adepetun Caxton Martins Agbor and Segun - N70,000 per month

Aelex - N80,000 per month

Gani Fawehinmi Chambers - N50,000 per month

To read full article please follow the link below:

https://bscholarly.com/highest-paying-law-firms-in-nigeria/

Stop typing nonsense like a drunkard.

Banwo pays North of 200k, same with Templars and Aluko. You didn't even add Olaniwun Ajayi.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

10 African Countries With The Highest Minimum Wage / Princess Owowoh Graduates In UK As First Female Officer Cadet From Nigeria / Dear Employer, Have You Seen Neymar New Salary Breakdown? – Nigerian

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.