Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,835 members, 7,810,213 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:05 AM

A Thread For Nintendo Fans - Gaming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / A Thread For Nintendo Fans (2035 Views)

Original 128gb Sd Needed Asap For Nintendo Switch Installation / Call Of Duty Black Ops 4 Out In 2018 For Nintendo Switch, PS4, Xbox One, And PC / Super Mario Odyssey For Nintendo Switch (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Thread For Nintendo Fans by Requiem18(m): 8:33pm On Aug 01, 2017
Gaming in Nigeria is seriously on the bad end of the spectrum.... And the worst part is....no one seems to know what Nintendo is which is sad. Calling all fans of Nintendo to give their thoughts on all things Nintendo grin
Re: A Thread For Nintendo Fans by Nobody: 8:38pm On Aug 01, 2017
writingking:
The most successful people are those who are good at plan B.
Plan B in what??
Re: A Thread For Nintendo Fans by HyDef(m): 10:28pm On Aug 01, 2017
Requiem18:
Gaming in Nigeria is seriously on the bad end of the spectrum.... And the worst part is....no one seems to know what Nintendo is which is sad. Calling all fans of Nintendo to give their thoughts on all things Nintendo grin

I'm here. Legend of Zelda, Mario, Kirby, Pokémon, Smash Bros. I unfortunately haven't played Metroid though.

Hopefully this thread gains momentum. Probably not enough Nintendo fans here for that.
Re: A Thread For Nintendo Fans by Requiem18(m): 10:35pm On Aug 01, 2017
HyDef:

I'm here. Legend of Zelda, Mario, Kirby, Pokémon, Smash Bros. I unfortunately haven't played Metroid though.

Hopefully this thread gains momentum. Probably not enough Nintendo fans here for that.
Nice to see I'm not alone!!!..... And you should totally pick up older titles of metroid if you enjoy platformers grin

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Nintendo Fans by HyDef(m): 11:29pm On Aug 01, 2017
Requiem18:
Nice to see I'm not alone!!!..... And you should totally pick up older titles of metroid if you enjoy platformers grin

Maybe one day, when life is much less busy.

I've only had 2 Nintendo consoles. The N64 and the GBA SP, but it really set me up for gaming.

What are your favourite Nintendo games?
Re: A Thread For Nintendo Fans by Requiem18(m): 9:47am On Aug 02, 2017
HyDef:

Maybe one day, when life is much less busy.

I've only had 2 Nintendo consoles. The N64 and the GBA SP, but it really set me up for gaming.

What are your favourite Nintendo games?
That's tough.... I love the fire emblem series, Zelda series, Mario Kart series, 3d Mario games(like 64, sunshine and galaxy), Metroid, Pokemon, and super Smash Bros.
Re: A Thread For Nintendo Fans by HyDef(m): 10:30am On Aug 02, 2017
Requiem18:
That's tough.... I love the fire emblem series, Zelda series, Mario Kart series, 3d Mario games(like 64, sunshine and galaxy), Metroid, Pokemon, and super Smash Bros.

Very nice.

I've played one game in the Fire Emblem series, The Sacred Stones on GBA and I enjoyed it immensely (after my younger brother wouldn't stop yapping about it).
Legend of Zelda goes way back with me, Ocarina of Time, A Link to the Past.
Mario Kart 64 and about 30 minutes of the Mario Kart game on Wii. tongue
3D Mario, well I've only really played 64, but I've probably beaten it twice, and started it like 10 times. Great game.
No Metroid here.
Pokémon. Where do I start? I've played Red, Yellow, oddly haven't finished Silver/Gold/Crystal, Emerald (too many times), Fire Red/Leaf Green, Pearl and Platinum, and that's where it stops. I have played Pokémon Stadium 1 and 2, as well as Mystery Dungeon.
Super Smash Bros 64 may be the game I've clocked the most hours in overall. Give me either Fox or Jigglypuff and I will decimate. I learnt how to use Jigglypuff purely to annoy my brothers, and I ended up mastering the character. Great stuff really. grin

Then Kirby and the Crystal Shards, Kirby's Dreamland and another game on SNES, Nightmare in Dreamland, Kirby And The Amazing Mirror, Squeak Squad.

So many good times! grin
Re: A Thread For Nintendo Fans by Requiem18(m): 11:16am On Aug 02, 2017
HyDef:

Very nice.

I've played one game in the Fire Emblem series, The Sacred Stones on GBA and I enjoyed it immensely (after my younger brother wouldn't stop yapping about it).
Legend of Zelda goes way back with me, Ocarina of Time, A Link to the Past.
Mario Kart 64 and about 30 minutes of the Mario Kart game on Wii. tongue
3D Mario, well I've only really played 64, but I've probably beaten it twice, and started it like 10 times. Great game.
No Metroid here.
Pokémon. Where do I start? I've played Red, Yellow, oddly haven't finished Silver/Gold/Crystal, Emerald (too many times), Fire Red/Leaf Green, Pearl and Platinum, and that's where it stops. I have played Pokémon Stadium 1 and 2, as well as Mystery Dungeon.
Super Smash Bros 64 may be the game I've clocked the most hours in overall. Give me either Fox or Jigglypuff and I will decimate. I learnt how to use Jigglypuff purely to annoy my brothers, and I ended up mastering the character. Great stuff really. grin

Then Kirby and the Crystal Shards, Kirby's Dreamland and another game on SNES, Nightmare in Dreamland, Kirby And The Amazing Mirror, Squeak Squad.

So many good times! grin
I can't believe I forgot Kirby.... When I've played almost everything grin.....Lol now I really want to buy a switch.... But school is a bitch
Re: A Thread For Nintendo Fans by HyDef(m): 1:12pm On Aug 02, 2017
Requiem18:
I can't believe I forgot Kirby.... When I've played almost everything grin.....Lol now I really want to buy a switch.... But school is a bitch

Particularly for Breath of the Wild. It looks amazing, even on the limited hardware.
Re: A Thread For Nintendo Fans by Requiem18(m): 2:06pm On Aug 02, 2017
HyDef:

Particularly for Breath of the Wild. It looks amazing, even on the limited hardware.
Yeah.....plus the new metroid, Kirby, Yoshi and Mario Odyssey are going to be lit

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Nintendo Fans by HyDef(m): 3:14pm On Aug 02, 2017
Requiem18:
Yeah.....plus the new metroid, Kirby, Yoshi and Mario Odyssey are going to be lit

Unfortunately, most people think Nintendo games are for children. I can agree that's how it may look, but the gameplay tends to be a lot more satisfying and innovative than other titles.

Mario Odyssey, I am excited for. That theme song is really good.

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Nintendo Fans by veeflamesnl: 5:54am On Aug 04, 2017
Oh look, a thread for Nintendo fans. I'll just waltz right in, if ya don't mind... tongue
I'm afraid there aren't too many Nintendo fans (at least, not on this site) for this thread to fully blossom... but we'll see.
Re: A Thread For Nintendo Fans by HyDef(m): 2:09am On Aug 05, 2017
veeflamesnl:
Oh look, a thread for Nintendo fans. I'll just waltz right in, if ya don't mind... tongue
I'm afraid there aren't too many Nintendo fans (at least, not on this site) for this thread to fully blossom... but we'll see.

Ah. The only other Nintendo fan I knew before the op came along. Welcome.
Re: A Thread For Nintendo Fans by Requiem18(m): 8:59pm On Aug 06, 2017
veeflamesnl:
We seem to be outnumbered sadly...
Re: A Thread For Nintendo Fans by veeflamesnl: 12:47am On Aug 07, 2017
Yeah, we do seem to be lacking the numbers. Oh well, hopefully we don't allow this thread to be drowned out.
So it seems the next biggest Switch game is Mario + Rabbids, the game that shocked literally everyone as looking and actually playing decent, according to most previews (and proving the internet is garbage because it think its knows how things run). Are you interested in it? I want to be, but I know I'm not too big on strategy games (only one I really like is Advance Wars and some strategy RPG games here and there such as Valkyria Chronicles, Fire Emblem Awakening, and Ghost Recon: Shadow Wars. Yeah, I don't really like strategy games lol), so I might get it later... even if it gets great reviews upon release. Of course, if I don't get ARMS this month or next month, the next Switch game I'm gonna pick up (and everyone else, I presume) is Odyssey. That may just be my game of the year (as much as I agree BoTW is easily my best game of 2017 so far, its no Wind Waker 2).

I think there are really exciting times for a Nintendo fan in the future. The most exciting the company has seen in a long while! And hello, HyDef!
Re: A Thread For Nintendo Fans by veeflamesnl: 12:58am On Aug 07, 2017
Oh, and I mention how awesome Splatoon 2 is? No, I did not? Well, Splatoon 2 is awesome. cheesy
Re: A Thread For Nintendo Fans by Requiem18(m): 9:46am On Aug 07, 2017
veeflamesnl:
Oh, and I mention how awesome Splatoon 2 is? No, I did not? Well, Splatoon 2 is awesome. cheesy
You own a switch?.... Lucky.... Well I'm a strategy fan all through and I've played all the strategy games you mentioned.... Rabbids+ Mario looks like something I'd sink my teeth into if I had a switch smiley
Re: A Thread For Nintendo Fans by HyDef(m): 4:20pm On Aug 07, 2017
@veeflamesnl Advance Wars and Fire Emblem are great strategy games. I enjoyed AW immensely after my younger brother basically forced me to try it. And you finally got a Switch, huh? cheesy Was it hard to find? I wouldn't know much about Splatoon though, looks competitive though.

Regarding Rabbids and Mario, I've never played Xcom, but it doesn't look bad at all.
Re: A Thread For Nintendo Fans by veeflamesnl: 5:03pm On Aug 08, 2017
HyDef:
@veeflamesnl Advance Wars and Fire Emblem are great strategy games. I enjoyed AW immensely after my younger brother basically forced me to try it. And you finally got a Switch, huh? cheesy Was it hard to find? I wouldn't know much about Splatoon though, looks competitive though.

Regarding Rabbids and Mario, I've never played Xcom, but it doesn't look bad at all.
Oh man. I had to go to several shops just to find a Switch! Funny thing is that I picked up the last Switch in store. After all I went through, imagine if I came to the store any later than I did. And I wanted the Switch with neon Joy Cons, but I told myself I wasn't heading home until I got a Switch. At least I can still buy neon Joy Cons whenever I can. But yeah, I did go through a lot just for my Switch. I think it was worth it, though.

One of the big reasons why I like Advance Wars is because of its Haribo-like visuals. It's really a big deal for me as I didn't really enjoy Days of Ruin as much due to that game's dark atmosphere. Other than Advance Wars, though... not many strategy games appeal to me. I just can't get too far into any of them without losing interest. I might enjoy Mario + Rabbids (even though I haven't played XCOM either), but I'm not banking on it.

Oh, and I should have sent this reply much more earlier than now, but I had to sleep after some casual Overwatch fun with some friends. Hope ya don't mind! cheesy
Re: A Thread For Nintendo Fans by HyDef(m): 5:56pm On Aug 08, 2017
veeflamesnl:

Oh man. I had to go to several shops just to find a Switch! Funny thing is that I picked up the last Switch in store. After all I went through, imagine if I came to the store any later than I did. And I wanted the Switch with neon Joy Cons, but I told myself I wasn't heading home until I got a Switch. At least I can still buy neon Joy Cons whenever I can. But yeah, I did go through a lot just for my Switch. I think it was worth it, though.

One of the big reasons why I like Advance Wars is because of its Haribo-like visuals. It's really a big deal for me as I didn't really enjoy Days of Ruin as much due to that game's dark atmosphere. Other than Advance Wars, though... not many strategy games appeal to me. I just can't get too far into any of them without losing interest. I might enjoy Mario + Rabbids (even though I haven't played XCOM either), but I'm not banking on it.

Oh, and I should have sent this reply much more earlier than now, but I had to sleep after some casual Overwatch fun with some friends. Hope ya don't mind! cheesy

Nah, it's no problem. Who do you main in Overwatch, or you just go with the flow?

Wait, a dark Advance Wars game? Advance Wars on GBA was so light hearted, and surprisingly addictive. Although I did notice the second game I played, can't remember the name, seemed a little stranger. Aliens I think.
Re: A Thread For Nintendo Fans by Requiem18(m): 6:35pm On Aug 08, 2017
HyDef:

Nah, it's no problem. Who do you main in Overwatch, or you just go with the flow?

Wait, a dark Advance Wars game? Advance Wars on GBA was so light hearted, and surprisingly addictive. Although I did notice the second game I played, can't remember the name, seemed a little stranger. Aliens I think.

He's talking about the the last one.... On the ds.... It was interesting but it features a completely new cast and environment and it's wayyyy darker.....
Re: A Thread For Nintendo Fans by veeflamesnl: 3:54am On Aug 10, 2017
HyDef:

Yep, what Requiem said.
Also, I main Mei. Out of the 10 hours I've spent playing OW, 7 hours I've devoted to Mei. Ever since I laid my eyes on her I told myself she was going to be my main. She's cute, and I like her weapons and defense nature. I think it allows me to support my teammates from behind the scenes quite effectively. Only problem is I haven't gotten a single PotG with her. The ONE PotG I got was with Doomfist, of all people (you may have seen me saying this in cao's thread). Doomfist's also okay. He might be my second main (replacing either Ana or Widowmaker).

EDIT: Just got a PotG with Mei. HAHA YES!
Re: A Thread For Nintendo Fans by seyi42k(m): 1:17pm On Aug 17, 2017
Ninty fan here.

I love Mario, Zelda, Metroid. Mario kart has to be in of my most played title ever. Although work & life has reduced gaming time, its still a great hobby.

Nintendo will always be my favorite company as no other company does fun like Nintendo.

(1) (Reply)

Why Is Playin Video Games A Waste Of Time & Other Forms Of Entertainment Aren't? / Is OUYA The End Of Playstation, Nintendo And Xbox Gaming Domination? / Install Any Ps4 Games Of You Choice On Your Console

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.