Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,193 members, 7,818,636 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:25 PM

Court Dissolves 20-year-old Marriage Over Threat To Life - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Court Dissolves 20-year-old Marriage Over Threat To Life (356 Views)

Court dissolves Five Year-old Marriage Over Husband’s Impotence / Man Ends 22-year-old Marriage Over Wife’s Trousers / Lady Celebrates As Court Dissolves Her Marriage (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Court Dissolves 20-year-old Marriage Over Threat To Life by omusiliyu(m): 5:19am On Aug 02, 2017
A Mapo Customary Court in Ibadan, on Tuesday dissolved a 20-year-old marriage between one Iyabo and her husband, Mukaila Akinpelu, over threat to life.

The President of the court, Mr Ademola Odunade, said the love between Iyabo and Mukaila had broken down irretrievably.

He ordered that two out of the four children produced by the union should stay with Iyabo, and asked both parties to maintain the peace.

He directed Mukaila to pay monthly feeding allowance of N8, 000 to Iyabo for the upkeep of the two children, and that he must be responsible for their education and welfare.

Iyabo, a farmer, told the court that her husband, Mukaila, usually beat her as well as preventing her from going to work.

“My lord, Mukaila has almost killed me with daily battery and I can no longer move with my friends.

“I can’t even go out to my different farmlands because he keeps monitoring me.

“The only business I know is farming and my life is being threatened by hunger.

“Worst still, Mukaila has asked his son from another wife to beat me and he beats me at will.

“Not too long ago, after he had barred me from stepping out of the house and I managed to go to the farm, I overheard him discussing with some of his friends on how he could kill me.

“Mukaila did not know that I have that secret with me because he didn’t see me.

“I then informed my senior brother of his threat to kill me.

“In addition, Mukaila has refused to send any of our children to school for education.

“He is not interested in their welfare,” Iyabo added.

Mukaila, who agreed with Iyabo’s request, however, denied some of the allegations leveled against him.

“My Lord, even though I am tired of staying with Iyabo as a husband, do not grant her custody of any of the children.

“It is not true that I was discussing with anyone to kill her.

“Iyabo is just insensitive; she is aware that I have little, but she wants the children to go to the best of the schools in town.

“She keeps misguiding the children against my advice,” Mukaila said.

http://tribuneonlineng.com/court-dissolves-20-year-old-marriage-threat-life/
Re: Court Dissolves 20-year-old Marriage Over Threat To Life by omusiliyu(m): 5:20am On Aug 02, 2017
Cc RoyalRoy lalasticlala
Re: Court Dissolves 20-year-old Marriage Over Threat To Life by Nobody: 5:51am On Aug 02, 2017
Nice one

My signature is the deal!!!!

(1) (Reply)

Father Angrily Released Extremely Hot Water On His Son / Family Goals / How To Help Your Kids Set Standards Of Living

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.