Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,872 members, 7,817,571 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:40 PM

Tips To Prevent Your Phone From Overheating - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Tips To Prevent Your Phone From Overheating (2440 Views)

5 Ways To Prevent Your Phone From Getting Stolen At A Nigerian Wedding / Checkout These Tips To Protect Your Phone From Overheating / 6 Ways To Prevent Your Smartphones From Overheating (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tips To Prevent Your Phone From Overheating by Ennyholar: 8:02am On Aug 02, 2017
We have heard series of news of phone exploding from Samsung to Infinix ,from Infinix to Xiaomi and the main cause of the explosion is overheating.
It can be hard not to worry when your device is running hot, but if you can get to the cause, you should be able to solve the problem, or, at least, stop it from happening again in the future.
So lets see the list of things causing the overheating and their solutions below:-
1.Whats the cause of the heat?
It’s better to attempt to identify just what is causing your device to heat up. If you’re not running anything heavy, make sure to kill any apps running in the background anyway.
Playing games is often the most common cause of overheating because most phones lack any cooling systems such as the fans you’ll find in computers and consoles. Games tend to push hardware to the limit, and your device will start to overheat depending on just how heavy the game is.
Using your device in the sun can cause it to overheat rapidly, which can lead to battery damage.

2.Hot while charging.
If your device is charging, it’s normal for it to convert some of the power into heat. Keeping it plugged in while gaming will cause it to get hotter, It’s best to leave the device to charge up before using it, as that can cause overheating, and it can damage overall battery life.
However, if your device is becoming extremely hot turn it off and remove it from the charger. Wait for it to cool down completely before turning it back on again. (Make sure you let it cool down naturally.)

3. Is your pouch suffocating your phone.
Almost every pouch is constructed from plastic or has a large amount of plastic, and even those that are made with leather have the same problem: the phone is insulated, keeping heat in and cold out. But for safety reasons, as the phone gets warm (particularly during high performance tasks), it needs to radiate the heat away, and the presence of a pouch made from an insulated material prevents this,the solution here will be to remove the pouch until it cools off.

4. Will the heat damage your phone.
If you’re just playing games, or you notice a slight change in temperature while charging, it’s unlikely that your device will suffer any damage. Rather than exploding, your device will switch itself off if it gets too hot.
Heat can damage the overall battery life of your device, and once this happens, there’s no way to get it back to the way it was.

Conclusion.
Keeping your device cool will help to prolong battery life, so it’s always recommended not to ignore a noticeable rise in heat. You should now have a better understanding of just why your phone gets hot, and what you can do to prevent any further damage.

1 Like

Re: Tips To Prevent Your Phone From Overheating by Ennyholar: 8:11am On Aug 02, 2017
Mods sorry for disturbing you guys this early morning
Make una help push this fp

cc:

honeric01

semid4lyfe

seun
Lalasticlala
Ishilove
Marpol
Semid4lyfe
Obinoscopy
Re: Tips To Prevent Your Phone From Overheating by Abiodunspectre(m): 8:17am On Aug 02, 2017
Nice one OP
But is it normal for phone's to be warm a bit while using with 3G or playing heavy games?
Re: Tips To Prevent Your Phone From Overheating by Realboygenius(m): 8:23am On Aug 02, 2017
grin grin
I can't imagine myself using a phone that is over heating (that can boil water)....
My Camon CX is ever cool while using it to browse on 4GLte....but I noticed some little warmness when plugged to a power outlet which I think is totally normal

Re: Tips To Prevent Your Phone From Overheating by Ennyholar: 9:59am On Aug 02, 2017
Abiodunspectre:

Nice one OP
But is it normal for phone's to be warm a bit while using with 3G or playing heavy games?

It's normal with heavy games.
Re: Tips To Prevent Your Phone From Overheating by dejiWEST: 11:48am On Aug 02, 2017
It's all about how you handle and take care of the phone tbh, overheating is almost impossible to avoid if you don't take care of it.
Re: Tips To Prevent Your Phone From Overheating by MarkWayne89: 1:54pm On Aug 02, 2017
Also, if you're using it as a GPS, don't put it in direct sunlight when it's very hot outside! It's recommended to opt for a holder that can be mounted in the air vent.
Re: Tips To Prevent Your Phone From Overheating by Abiodunspectre(m): 5:14pm On Aug 02, 2017
MarkWayne89:
Also, if you're using it as a GPS, don't put it in direct sunlight when it's very hot outside! It's recommended to opt for a holder that can be mounted in the air vent.
Why is that?
Re: Tips To Prevent Your Phone From Overheating by bravesoul247(m): 6:50pm On Aug 02, 2017
I was always wondering why my phone was always hot. Never knew I was causing it myself. Thanks op.
Re: Tips To Prevent Your Phone From Overheating by Riyikebaby(f): 12:29am On Aug 08, 2017
My Cx air don't overheat, so this is not useful for me
Re: Tips To Prevent Your Phone From Overheating by SleekMadam: 12:10am On Aug 23, 2017
I find this very useful, thanks for sharing
Re: Tips To Prevent Your Phone From Overheating by austinereds(m): 8:55am On Aug 23, 2017
Nice one op. think phone makers should look into this issue. remember how Apple computers came through!
Re: Tips To Prevent Your Phone From Overheating by Shadedtee: 12:14am On Aug 31, 2017
Nice

(1) (Reply)

New Iphone 8 For Sale.!!!. / Itel Is A Good Phone,,✌️✌️ / Samsung Galaxy S4 Thread; I Llike This Phone

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.