Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,615 members, 7,809,259 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:53 AM

Arewa People Come In Here - Culture (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Arewa People Come In Here (11110 Views)

Have You Ever Felt Like You Have Synced With People? Come Share / Ndị Arewa Ekwena Nkwa Ịkwado Obianọ Nke Ugboro Abụọ. By Izunna Okafor / Arewa Of Ogbomosho (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Arewa People Come In Here by Nobody: 11:20pm On Sep 15, 2017
The worst thing we can do now is to retaliate and garner them any form of sympathy. We should wait patiently for the army to take care of the situation.

But measures must be taken to prevent any resurgence of such agitations in the future, just like military action isn't enough to completely defeat boko haram and its ideology in the north its not enough in this case either. Compromises must be made.

1 Like

Re: Arewa People Come In Here by Nobody: 6:46pm On Sep 20, 2017
I just saw a story on nairaland and i dont know about you but i am absolutely gutted, i cant fully confirm the authenticity of this story but if its true this "king" needs to be petitioned. This is one too many blunders and i really feel there are many who can do this job better than him. It truly is shameful.
Re: Arewa People Come In Here by fk001(m): 8:55pm On Sep 20, 2017
VomeSchakleton:
I just saw a story on nairaland and i dont know about you but i am absolutely gutted, i cant fully confirm the authenticity of this story but if its true this "king" needs to be petitioned. This is one too many blunders and i really feel there are many who can do this job better than him. It truly is shameful.

Is very annoying kam gaskiya,

We have many local singers in the north that deserve the title.

Meh yasa zai ba wa Wanda ba ya jin Hausa mulkin.
Re: Arewa People Come In Here by yerimas(m): 9:13am On Sep 22, 2017
fk001:

Then what are the reasons?

The reasons are a lot to mention which the few among is their dependency on politics. All the money ment for public services are therefore shared among the certain individuals and those representing the community.

1 Like

Re: Arewa People Come In Here by dinak1(f): 6:00pm On Sep 23, 2017
well, well, well.
The thread is good for unity but it has a misplaced priority here.( pardon me please)
you shouldn't be bothered about what the southerners say about you , because you owe no one an explanation. I came to the southwest in 2012 to complete my education. I was actually referred to as "mola" lol. it was funny and annoying. Before I could speak or act, I was completely judged as dull and not intelligent to their standard. it was hard to admit me into ss3 if not for my report card shown in the ministry of education of the state. i proved every single one of them wrong because I beat their "asses" off.
that actually gave me my respect and they never looked at me the same again!
what I am trying to say here is that we need to dust ourselves up. we need to enlighten and educate our people. most of us and the ones they interact with are the illiterates. Few that are educated feel like gods in the north( you all dare not deny that)
just knowing how to speak a little English we tend to mock our mates that can't. we stay in the majalis and out of our ten sentences, eight are mixed with English words to prove we know it. ( all for what please?)
how many of you here have stood to make sure that children in your areas are educated?
what effort have you made to enlighten your parents?
how many immediate family member's life have you changed to make them adapt to the fast moving world?
They( southerners) have to mock us because we don't actually learn but show off.
I have cousins that are in school but trust me they are worst than illiterates; why because they behave in a funny way.
----to them being educated means wearing jeans and shirt and taking pictures to post on Facebook with terrible spellings as status
----it means having pipe beside you with smoke oozing out.
---- it means carrying your parents cars to hang around in schools while lectures are going on
---- it means mocking others that ain't like you( to them " ba su waye ba"wink etc.
we need education more than any fight online with anybody. because if you improve your community, others will follow suit to respect.
Forgive me i have offended anyone. I didn't mean to.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Arewa People Come In Here by WeirdoNg: 6:51pm On Sep 23, 2017
dinak1:
well, well, well.
The thread is good for unity but it has a misplaced priority here.( pardon me please)
you shouldn't be bothered about what the southerners say about you , because you owe no one an explanation. I came to the southwest in 2012 to complete my education. I was actually referred to as "mola" lol. it was funny and annoying. Before I could speak or act, I was completely judged as dull and not intelligent to their standard. it was hard to admit me into ss3 if not for my report card shown in the ministry of education of the state. i proved every single one of them wrong because I beat their "asses" off.
what I am trying to say here is that we need to dust ourselves up. we need to enlighten and educate our people. most of us and the ones they interact with are the illiterates. Few that are educated feel like gods in the north( you all dare not deny that)
just knowing how to speak a little English we tend to mock our mates that can't. we stay in the majalis and out of our ten sentences, eight are mixed with English words to prove we know it. ( all for what please?)
how many of you here have stood to make sure that children in your areas are educated?
how many immediate family member's life have you changed to make them adapt to the fast moving world?
They( southerners) have to mock us because we don't actually learn but show off.
I have cousins that are in school but trust me they are worst than illiterates; why because they behave in a funny way.
----to them being educated means wearing jeans and shirt and taking pictures to post on Facebook with terrible spellings as status
---- it means carrying your parents cars to hang around in schools while lectures are going on
---- it means mocking others that ain't like you( to them " ba su waye ba"wink etc.
we need education more than any fight online with anybody. because if you improve your community, others will follow suit to respect.
Good piece
Re: Arewa People Come In Here by Usernamesucks: 8:42pm On Sep 23, 2017
dinak1:
well, well, well.

Well said. God bless you dear.
Re: Arewa People Come In Here by Ladyjumong(f): 3:13pm On Sep 27, 2017
kiss
Re: Arewa People Come In Here by fk001(m): 6:54pm On Sep 27, 2017
Ladyjumong:
kiss

Sannu da zuwa yar uwa
Re: Arewa People Come In Here by Isahalbash(m): 1:46am On Sep 29, 2017
dinak1:
well, well, well.

This is a killer by @dinak1

One girl even asked me to defined " English."

gringrin
Re: Arewa People Come In Here by Isahalbash(m): 1:52am On Sep 29, 2017
I just dey Waka pass like Wakama, wen I sight dis thread.

I hail wuna fa Sosai... ina gaisuwa mutanen wannan gida mai Albarka.
Re: Arewa People Come In Here by nadleeh: 11:22am On Oct 02, 2017
Happy Independence Day (in Hausa) The Hausa Cast Ep.3
Haba haba don allah, wan nan ba independence ba, wan nan Happy-koren bature ne don corruption ya shiga !!!

This isn't independence,this is happy-chasing out white men from Nigeria to bring in corruption.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1SZk4ccoFwo&t=25s
Re: Arewa People Come In Here by JikanBaura(m): 7:57pm On Oct 08, 2017
grin ina Yan Jaha ta..... Kebbi state cheesy ...
Re: Arewa People Come In Here by tarano: 4:48pm On Oct 17, 2017
Who is really AREWA. check 21min

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m4u8vJ9O4Yg
Re: Arewa People Come In Here by nadleeh: 12:32pm On Oct 21, 2017
Maganin Komei

Haba Haba don allah,za ka gaya mun wey magani na Naira Dari zey warkar da chiwo guda dari biyar

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3qa2Vo1D3RA&t=25s
Re: Arewa People Come In Here by eodavids(m): 4:46pm On Oct 21, 2017
"Lastly i want us to do something tangible in our various community/locations, like creating an awareness to our local people on the relevance of education, and also volunteering to the victims of insurgency, I personally have took countless of almajiris off the street and enrolled them in western school while they are still going to islamiya, i am not bragging no showing off, i just want you to do the same in your various communities and let the circle continue until we achieve our goal".

Jonathan built gigantic schools for our children in the North, called almajiri schools. These projects were for the north alone, and Muslim north to be precise. It cost Nigeria billions of naira to build the schools, but you and your types abandoned them all so as to discredit GEJ. Aren't you a hypocrite now to be telling the world of the need to take the almajirai out of streets?

If you want to convince us, begin a movement on how our northern elites will immediately put those schools into proper use in line the purpose for which they were built, anything less is hypocrisy.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Ever Witnessed A Witch Confessing? / Photos:Emir Of Kano Visits Alaafin Of Oyo,sanusi Bows ToGreet Oba Lamidi Adeyemi / How Many Languages Do You Speak Fluently?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.