Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,602 members, 7,955,225 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 07:59 PM

Can You Remember How You Learnt The First 20 Elements? - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Can You Remember How You Learnt The First 20 Elements? (61864 Views)

Easy Way To Memorize The 20 Elements In Chemistry / You Remember Short Hand From Business Studies? How Has It Helped You? / How Many Of You Remember Writing This On Your Notebooks? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can You Remember How You Learnt The First 20 Elements? by ireke(m): 7:37am On Aug 03, 2017
Hi
He
Lives
Because
Boys
Can
Not
Overcome
Forces
Never
Nack
Maggi
Alive
Since
Paul
Succeeded
Clinton
Argon
Kill
Calcium
Re: Can You Remember How You Learnt The First 20 Elements? by Gravas(m): 7:42am On Aug 03, 2017
Good.
Re: Can You Remember How You Learnt The First 20 Elements? by DRPAIT123(m): 7:44am On Aug 03, 2017
I learnt the first 100 element by song,and it is quite easier than using the code method
Re: Can You Remember How You Learnt The First 20 Elements? by nikz(f): 7:51am On Aug 03, 2017
wahles:
Yh
Hydrogen. H He
Helium. He has
Lithium Li large
Beryllium Be brains
Boron B But
Carbon. C Can.
Nitrogen. . N Not
Oxygen. O Offer
Fluorine. F Full
Neon Ne Nine
Sodium subject
Magnesium. Mg Many.
Aluminium. Al Art
Silicon Si Student
Phosphorus P Proof
Sulfur S Science
Chlorine. Cl Course
Argon Ar A
Potassium pure
Calcium Ca. Career
Exactly!
Re: Can You Remember How You Learnt The First 20 Elements? by smartn09(m): 7:53am On Aug 03, 2017
Re: Can You Remember How You Learnt The First 20 Elements? by harriet412(f): 7:55am On Aug 03, 2017
I learnt mine by song and it is way easier than using code ..
Re: Can You Remember How You Learnt The First 20 Elements? by MadCow1: 7:55am On Aug 03, 2017
exynos:
Hydrogen- Helen. Helium- Has. Lithium- Little. Beryllium- Brain. Boron- But. Carbon- Can. Nitrogen- Not. Oxygen- Offer. Fluorine- Few. Neon- Nine. Sodium- Subjects. Magnesium- May. Aluminium- All. Silicon- Silly. Phosphorus- People. Sulphur- Stop. Chlorine- Calling. Argon- A. Potassium- Pope. Calcium- Christ

This is the one I learnt.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can You Remember How You Learnt The First 20 Elements? by Nobody: 7:55am On Aug 03, 2017
modelmike7:
Trying to remember now....
NON SCIENCE students: kindly back off this thread!!
I'm non science. .I know the first 20 elements and basic chemistry by heart
Re: Can You Remember How You Learnt The First 20 Elements? by Gregdcutie(m): 7:56am On Aug 03, 2017
Mrs. Okoro FSTC Yaba... H He LiBeB CNOFNe NaMg ALSiPSCl KCa
Re: Can You Remember How You Learnt The First 20 Elements? by Wilson125(m): 7:59am On Aug 03, 2017
Ermacc:
he has light brain but can not offer few nine subjects. Mr Albert, stupid physics student came before prince Charles
ah swear na dis one em folo teach me eh.. jst dey see plenty 4 here...
Re: Can You Remember How You Learnt The First 20 Elements? by gpmorgan: 7:59am On Aug 03, 2017
HE
HAS
LIGHT
BRAIN
BUT
COULD
NOT
OFFER
FULL
NINE
SUBJECT
MAY
A
STUPID
PERSON
STOP
CALLING
A
POPE
CHRIST.
Re: Can You Remember How You Learnt The First 20 Elements? by GREENLIGHTLAW(m): 8:02am On Aug 03, 2017
Hello -Hydrogen
Helin- helium
Listen- lithium
Baby- Beryllium
Before- boron
Coming - carbon
Never- Nitrogen
Offend - oxygen
Flora- fluorine
Nelly - Neon
Nor- Sodium
Maggi- magnesium
All - Aluminium
Sick - silicon
people - phosphorus
Supported - sulphur
Claudio - Chlorine
After -Argon
Kicking- potassium
Caro - calcium.

It was even a song years back in college, though I eventually opted for arts.
Re: Can You Remember How You Learnt The First 20 Elements? by FortuneLovely(m): 8:06am On Aug 03, 2017
[quote author=hysteriabox post=59067931]Morning y'all.
I wonder if schools today still use acronyms and formulate songs to aid learning. I remember being taught the first 20 element but it just dint stick. So our Intro tech teacher ( Mr Benshak-God rest his soul) was passing by and when he noticed, he came in and tot us a song he learnt when he was in school. I ll recite and hope it helps someone. Here goes...

Mine was.

H--Hydrogen
He--Helium
Like--Lithium
Beating--Beryllium
Boys--Boron
Coming --Carbon
Near--Nitrogen
Our--Oxygen
House--Hydrogen
Never--Nitrogen
Name--Sodium
Margret--Magnesium
Alice--Aluminium
Since --Silicon
Paul--Phosphorous
Says--Sulphur
Clara--Chlorine
Are--Argon
Kind--Potassium
Cat--Calcium
Re: Can You Remember How You Learnt The First 20 Elements? by souhid: 8:06am On Aug 03, 2017
He Has Light Brain But Can Not Offer Full Nine Subjects Many African Students Play Soccer Cricket And Practice Calculation
Re: Can You Remember How You Learnt The First 20 Elements? by abutee: 8:07am On Aug 03, 2017
Hydrogen......... Hello Helium.............Hellen Lithium............Listen Beryllium........Berry Boron.............Before Carbon............Complain Nitrogen..........Never Oxygen............Offend Fluorine..........Felix Neon...............Nelson Sodium..........So Magnesium....Maggi Aluminium......All Silicon............Silly Phosphorus....People Sulfur.............Suffer Chlorine.........Chlorine Argon..............Against Potassium......Potassium Calcium..........Calcium
Re: Can You Remember How You Learnt The First 20 Elements? by bigsmoke2(m): 8:12am On Aug 03, 2017
HELLO -HYDROGEN
HELLO HELLIUM
LITTLE LITHIUM
BABY BERYLIUM
BOY BORON
COME CARBON
NEAR NITROGEN
OUR OXYGEN
FARM FLOURINE
NO NEON
SIR SODIUM
MR MAGNESIUM
ALI ALUMINIUM
SAID SILCON
PEOPLE PHOSPHORUS
SHOULD SULPHUR
COME CHLORINE
AND ARGON
PLUCK POTASSIUM
CASSAVA CALCIUM
Re: Can You Remember How You Learnt The First 20 Elements? by hardon1(m): 8:12am On Aug 03, 2017
HYCENT
HELP
LIZZY
BENJAMIN
BUT
CAN
NOT
OFFER
FREE
NESCAFF,
NATHAN
MARGARET
ALWAYS
STEAL
PLANTAIN,
SO
COVER
ALL
POTS
CAREFULLY
Re: Can You Remember How You Learnt The First 20 Elements? by murphyung(m): 8:16am On Aug 03, 2017
Helen Has Light Brain But Could Not Offer Full Nine Subject Many Art Students Put Several Complain About Passing Chemistry
Re: Can You Remember How You Learnt The First 20 Elements? by whodeyhere: 8:18am On Aug 03, 2017
God bless our teachers, mine is different though...

H HEY LI BEY B C NOF NE NA MAGGI ALAKARA C PER SALT CHLROINE AROUND KOLA'S CAR.

I hope I got it right, like if this was your style.
Re: Can You Remember How You Learnt The First 20 Elements? by Airforce1medic(m): 8:21am On Aug 03, 2017
Hello Helen Let Brave Boys Come Near Our Farm No Sir Master Ade Said People Should Come And Push Car
Re: Can You Remember How You Learnt The First 20 Elements? by Nobody: 8:24am On Aug 03, 2017
Hi - Hydrogen
Heavenly- helium
Little- lithium
Bell- Beryllium
Boy- boron
Can - carbon
Not- Nitrogen
Offer - oxygen
French- fluorine
No - Neon
Said- Sodium
Mr - magnesium
Always - Aluminium
Silly - silicon
people - phosphorus
Should - sulphur
Come - Chlorine
And -Argon 
Kill- potassium
Cat - calcium. 

I still remember till now even though i am not a svienve student. I was taught this in my js3 hoping that i will be a science student.
Re: Can You Remember How You Learnt The First 20 Elements? by megola: 8:29am On Aug 03, 2017
nice....i used the nursery rhyme...A,B,C,D...etc to learn my own.....and up till tommorow i cant forget...
Re: Can You Remember How You Learnt The First 20 Elements? by gracein: 8:31am On Aug 03, 2017
he has light brain but can not offer full nine subjects, may all sick people stop calling Akin poor child.
Re: Can You Remember How You Learnt The First 20 Elements? by phemitunde(m): 8:32am On Aug 03, 2017
Hello
Hello
Little
Baker
Bring
Certain
News
Of
Flourine
New
National
Manager
Always
Say
Perhaps
Some
Chlorine
Are
Clean
Cat
Re: Can You Remember How You Learnt The First 20 Elements? by ALAYORMII: 8:32am On Aug 03, 2017
hysteriabox:
Morning y'all.
I wonder if schools today still use acronyms and formulate songs to aid learning. I remember being taught the first 20 element but it just dint stick. So our Intro tech teacher ( Mr Benshak-God rest his soul) was passing by and when he noticed, he came in and tot us a song he learnt when he was in school. I ll recite and hope it helps someone. Here goes...

Hydrogen. H He
Helium. He HEy
Lithium Li LIttle
Beryllium Be BEtty
Boron B Bought
Carbon. C Car.
Nitrogen. . N Not
Oxygen. O Old
Fluorine. F Fashioned.
Neon Ne NEw
Sodium Na NAughty
Magnesium. Mg MaGdalene.
Aluminium. Al ALL
Silicon Si SIng
Phosphorus P Pop
Sulfur S Song.
Chlorine. Cl CLear
Argon Ar ARound
Potassium K. Kabwir
Calcium Ca. CAve.

Please share how you got these 20 elements to stick to your memory.

Mine

Hello
Hello
Little
Beryllium
Bringing
Certain
New
Of
Famous
Neon
National
Manager
Always
Says
Perhaps
Some
Chlorine
Are
Killing
Cat

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Can You Remember How You Learnt The First 20 Elements? by Nobody: 8:35am On Aug 03, 2017
-
Re: Can You Remember How You Learnt The First 20 Elements? by chineduemmao: 8:37am On Aug 03, 2017
I learnt direct, i taught my self in jss2 third term even before any of my classmate...
Re: Can You Remember How You Learnt The First 20 Elements? by deeone10: 8:38am On Aug 03, 2017
Hydrogen. H Hello
Helium. He Hello
Lithium Li Let
Beryllium Be Big
Boron B Boys
Carbon. C Come
Nitrogen. . N Near
Oxygen. O Our
Fluorine. F Farm
Neon Ne No
Sodium Na No
Magnesium. Mg Mr
Aluminium. Al Ali
Silicon Si Said
Phosphorus P People
Sulfur S Should
Chlorine. Cl Come
Argon Ar And
Potassium Pluck
Calciuar Cashew
Re: Can You Remember How You Learnt The First 20 Elements? by Coldfeets: 8:38am On Aug 03, 2017
I never learnt it.

I was reading NACKSON in the class while others were busy in the chemistry class.

1 Like

Re: Can You Remember How You Learnt The First 20 Elements? by DaBullIT(m): 8:39am On Aug 03, 2017
hysteriabox:

Morning y'all.
I wonder if schools today still use acronyms and formulate songs to aid learning

Hello , hello listen BBC news on friday night , some men are selling potatoes , so come and pay cash

Hydrogen , Helium, Lithim , Berylium,Boron, Carbon , Nitrogen, Oxygen Fluorine, Neon , Sodium, Magnesium Aluminium e.t.c

Damn , im good grin grin

1 Like

Re: Can You Remember How You Learnt The First 20 Elements? by jossy4elated(f): 8:39am On Aug 03, 2017
Ichietome:
Taaa
H=Hello
He=Helen
Li=listen
Be=broken
B=bottles
C=can
N=never
O=over
F=flow
N=Niger
Na=so
Mg=may
Al=all
Si=silly
P=people
S=suffer
Cl=cholera
Ar=against
K=potassium
Ca=calcium

This is the way I learnt it and I think it's the best.
that's the way i also learnt mine

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can You Remember How You Learnt The First 20 Elements? by mavinc4u(f): 8:40am On Aug 03, 2017
Hello--Hydrogen
Helen--Helium
Listen--Lithium
Babe--Beryllium
Before--Boron
Coming --Carbon
Never--Nitrogen
Offend--Oxygen
Florence -Fluorine
Ne--Neon
Na--Sodium
Maggi oh--Magnesium
Allow--Aluminium
Silicon/silly--Silicon
People--Phosphorous
Suffer so --Sulphur
Close--Chlorine
After--Argon
Kissing -Potassium
Caro--Calcium

They were sang in both orders though I prefer singing it with the right name. We sang all the elements not just the first 20.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

#lifeinuniben Is Trending On Twitter Now / Beautiful Pictures Of Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-ife / Guys, The Nigeria Army Form Is Out, Who Is Interested?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.