Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,202 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 04:27 AM

Beware Of Goodluck! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Beware Of Goodluck! (1372 Views)

Photo Of Goodluck Jonathan On A Refuse Dump! / Picture Of Goodluck Jonathan Without Shoes. / Details Of Goodluck Jonathan's Assets (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Beware Of Goodluck! by chiozor: 4:56pm On Feb 10, 2010
"In your own (best) interest, no matter the position you are offered in ANY organisation (Office, Church, Meeting/Club, Party Planning, Tenants'
Association, Activist, etc), if your Deputy is named "Goodluck", PLEASE DECLINE, even if it is UN Secretary General or Head of African Union, whatever, JUST DECLINE!

Should you think I am joking, check these facts:

o Goodluck was Assistant Head Boy in primary school. The Head Boy got
expelled. Goodluck took over.

o Goodluck was Assistant Senior Prefect in secondary school, the Senior
Prefect died, Goodluck took over.

o Goodluck was Deputy Local Government Chairman. The Chairman got
implicated in corruption and got removed from office. Goodluck took over

o Goodluck was deputy governor to Alameiseigha. We all know that story

o Goodluck was Vice President to President Yar'Adua:- PERICADIATIS!

You may think this is coincidence, but don't you think the coincidence is too much?

Maybe this last one will convince you:

o A friend of mine just called off his Church Wedding. Why? His BestMan's
name is Goodluck!!! My friend has insisted that he will only have traditional marriage, and the BestMan will not know when.
Re: Beware Of Goodluck! by Fhemmmy: 4:59pm On Feb 10, 2010
Nice joke
Re: Beware Of Goodluck! by tboy1(m): 4:59pm On Feb 10, 2010
chiozor:

A friend of mine just called off his Church Wedding. Why? His BestMan's
name is Goodluck!!! My friend has insisted that he will only have traditional marriage, and the BestMan will not know when.

grin grin grin
Re: Beware Of Goodluck! by neily(f): 5:03pm On Feb 10, 2010
Yes i ll change my name to GOODLUCK!
Re: Beware Of Goodluck! by Nobody: 5:14pm On Feb 10, 2010
hmmmmmmmmmmmmm
Re: Beware Of Goodluck! by Nobody: 8:22am On Feb 11, 2010
shows goodluck makes his own luck.

They should ship him to the US, China, India or Europe and let him try his luck there.
Re: Beware Of Goodluck! by MrCrackles(m): 8:27am On Feb 11, 2010
tpia.:

shows goodluck makes his own luck.

They should ship him to the US, China, India or Europe and let him try his luck there.

Re: Beware Of Goodluck! by Nobody: 8:31am On Feb 11, 2010
^^ ah, yes, you must always sniff my butt.
Re: Beware Of Goodluck! by mogentle(m): 8:43am On Feb 11, 2010
No comment, because i'm just grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Beware Of Goodluck! by chosen04(f): 12:04pm On Feb 11, 2010
^^^^And the man keeps passing badluck to all his OGAs.
Re: Beware Of Goodluck! by mdfash(m): 2:17pm On Feb 11, 2010
Great story, the only problem is that it was not verifiable. I spent over one hour researching the contents of this post. The trail on the elementary school appointment is very cold. I was able to confirm that JG was Chairman of Council of Prefects in High School, but there was no mention that he was ever Deputy.

More importantly, I was unable to confirm that JG was ever Deputy Local Govt Chairman. This was public record and should be verifiable. I could not verify it.

It is still a great story that someone was Deputy Governor, and the Governor was impeached, making him Governor, and that he was Vice President and the President developed Pericarditis, making him President, albeit "temporarily."

Its a great story, but unless you can show me your sources, I think you only make a great story sweeter through cleverly concocted embellishments.
Re: Beware Of Goodluck! by scottN(m): 2:31pm On Feb 11, 2010
I think apart from the deputy gov and VP aspect the rest is fictitious just to sweeten the joke!
Re: Beware Of Goodluck! by blacksta(m): 3:10pm On Feb 11, 2010
mdfash:

Great story, the only problem is that it was not verifiable. I spent over one hour researching the contents of this post. The trail on the elementary school appointment is very cold. I was able to confirm that JG was Chairman of Council of Prefects in High School, but there was no mention that he was ever Deputy.

More importantly, I was unable to confirm that JG was ever Deputy Local Govt Chairman. This was public record and should be verifiable. I could not verify it.

It is still a great story that someone was Deputy Governor, and the Governor was impeached, making him Governor, and that he was Vice President and the President developed Pericarditis, making him President, albeit "temporarily."

Its a great story, but unless you can show me your sources, I think you only  make a great story sweeter through cleverly concocted embellishments.

What other trail or source are you looking for

1. he was as an assistant gov  - who moved to Governor
2. he was a vp and now a president.

The chances of lighting striking at the same place is 1 to a 1trillion Multiples but as for Jonathan na sure banker  -  Goodluck is definitely a person you can place a bet on and you are sure to win. The odds of Jonathan Goodluck striking again is 1 to 1 grin
Re: Beware Of Goodluck! by Nobody: 6:10pm On Feb 11, 2010
I've heard of the deputy local govt chairman thing before, but only through the grapevine.

However, chances are he might indeed have started off as deputy, since most of his positions have rarely been elected ones, but rather by appointment.

After "something happened" to the elected office holder.

anyway. . . . . . . .
Re: Beware Of Goodluck! by Nobody: 6:23pm On Feb 11, 2010
I don't belive in luck undecided
Re: Beware Of Goodluck! by banom(m): 7:55pm On Feb 20, 2010
chiozor:

"In your own (best) interest, no matter the position you are offered in ANY organisation (Office, Church, Meeting/Club, Party Planning, Tenants'
Association, Activist, etc), if your Deputy is named "Goodluck", PLEASE DECLINE,  even if it is UN Secretary General or Head of African Union, whatever, JUST DECLINE!

Should you think I am joking, check these facts:

o    Goodluck was Assistant Head Boy in primary school. The Head Boy got
expelled. Goodluck took over.

o    Goodluck was Assistant Senior Prefect in secondary school, the Senior
Prefect died, Goodluck took over.

sorry oo, Did the Constitution of his primary and secondary school equally state that At the event of the expulsion or death of the head boy or Senior prefect that the assistant should take over ?

(1) (Reply)

See What things Bad Economy Causes / Roads In Lugbe F.h.a Abuja / Poly Student Wrongly Credited With N9.3bn Is A Crook -firstbank

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.