Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,138 members, 7,814,983 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:42 AM

Is Nairaland A Threat To Nairaland? - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Is Nairaland A Threat To Nairaland? (4402 Views)

I'm Addicted To Nairaland. / How Trending On Twitter Brought About Positive Changes To Nairaland / Wire Wire: A West African Cyber Threat - DELL (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Nairaland A Threat To Nairaland? by Nobody: 12:02am On Aug 03, 2017
Why has Nairaland ban DHTML18 and also Flagged Nairaland from being written? Is this despotism or what is really going on?

If you mention the URL of Nairaland, you will get banned and the post vanish straight away? but why?

I can mention twitter.com facebook.com but have to say Nairaland (dot) com ? maka why?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is Nairaland A Threat To Nairaland? by Nobody: 12:08am On Aug 03, 2017
As a matter of fact, I can confirm that some Nairaland thread have been removed ever since the new upgrade? If I do not know better, I believe that Seun believes that the new Nairaland means the end of Nairaland programming board.

Maybe, maybe not, time only will tell.

As proof of what I am saying guys, this thread will soon disappear. I shall make a screenshot of it just to prove my point.
Re: Is Nairaland A Threat To Nairaland? by Nobody: 12:10am On Aug 03, 2017
Re: Is Nairaland A Threat To Nairaland? by Desyner: 12:47am On Aug 03, 2017
I don't think so. With the other sections of Nairaland complementing its programming section I see and advantage over Nairaland for now. I hope I am wrong.
Re: Is Nairaland A Threat To Nairaland? by Nobody: 12:53am On Aug 03, 2017
^^^That is what I believe it should be. Nairaland has been sleeping all this time and is just starting to wake up from sleep small small, all this flagging and banning should stop.

This topic - https://www.nairaland.com/3179197/Nairaland-revamp-testers-trolls-spammers - has been in existence for a long time. Now in less than 24hours it vanished (no reason stated)

1 Like

Re: Is Nairaland A Threat To Nairaland? by melodyogonna(m): 1:55am On Aug 03, 2017
the fact is, seun knows it's a threat to his programming board, and it is.
Re: Is Nairaland A Threat To Nairaland? by Nobody: 6:24am On Aug 03, 2017
melodyogonna:
the fact is, seun knows it's a threat to his programming board, and it is.
Seriously? what makes it so?

And is that why the New Nairaland Is Out thread missing too? I had to search google for it, before I found out it has been moved to another board - https://www.nairaland.com/3958436/new-Nairaland-out-last
Re: Is Nairaland A Threat To Nairaland? by trytillmake(m): 5:06pm On Aug 03, 2017
hey u serious dhtml18 banned? ah not cool at all if this true. Every enterprise in naija sholud have healthy competition so as to improve us in AfRica and the world, if Seun feels threatend then he should step up his programming section simple.
Re: Is Nairaland A Threat To Nairaland? by nijabazaar: 9:47pm On Aug 03, 2017
he did the same thing to me when I mentioned that NL is a dinosaur waiting for an extinction event.

The ban followed when I also said that the site by Kanayonickel (infobreak.rf.fd) looks way more promising and has a code editing function.

Seun is indeed despotic and may not go further if he continues like this. No wonder NL is like it was way back 2006.....no improvement whatsoever. if u can't code Mr Seun , employ hot blood coders out there, don't go the way of Myspace. invention without innovation dies a natural deatg

I dare u Seun remove the this post.
Re: Is Nairaland A Threat To Nairaland? by Nobody: 11:45pm On Aug 03, 2017
I have been unbanned. The thing is, since 4 years ago when I created Nairaland, I could mention it on this board. But with this new upgrade which is currently happening, some security measures have been put into place by the-one-that-cannot-be-named to frustrate efforts to promote it here.

Warning: Guys, please do not mention Nairaland (dot) com on this board, or you will get banned instantly. After series of investigations, I discovered that Nairaland (dot) com has been flagged. I have a script that I can use to tell if any URL has been flagged on nairaland, and it does not fail - it is one of the backdoors that was "mistakenly" left open on nairaland programming (for people like me to exploit).

Thankfully nobody can remove Nairaland from google, you can always google it up.

I am doing a lot of work at the moment trying to put things together. The homepage has been altered to its former shape but there are still a few adjustments coming up.

Contrary to what you guys might think, Nairaland is not really a forum (a forum is just part of it).

The home page for example, you can just pop in and say - I want to learn HTML and waka go (without making a forum post)

The blog feature is for me, I love blogging, and will use that to write in my spare time.

Job board - a place you can use to share projects that you have - as simple as that

Web links - a links board where you can share different kinds of links.

With some other minor features, and more still coming up.

That is about it for now. . . . .so it is not a threat to this board

And yes, the home page, comments e.t.c have a code editing function too (which will still be developed even further)

Feel free to drop in at anytime.

As for this post, I hold no power over it, Seun might remove it and ban everyone.

As for me, I am still a nairalander and will continue to do the bit and pieces that I can to contribute to this board.

2 Likes

Re: Is Nairaland A Threat To Nairaland? by Nobody: 12:31am On Aug 04, 2017
dhtml18:
I have been unbanned. The thing is, since 4 years ago when I created Nairaland, I could mention it on this board. But with this new upgrade which is currently happening, some security measures have been put into place by the-one-that-cannot-be-named to frustrate efforts to promote it here.

Warning: Guys, please do not mention Nairaland (dot) com on this board, or you will get banned instantly. After series of investigations, I discovered that Nairaland (dot) com has been flagged. I have a script that I can use to tell if any URL has been flagged on nairaland, and it does not fail - it is one of the backdoors that was "mistakenly" left open on nairaland programming (for people like me to exploit).

Thankfully nobody can remove Nairaland from google, you can always google it up.

I am doing a lot of work at the moment trying to put things together. The homepage has been altered to its former shape but there are still a few adjustments coming up.

Contrary to what you guys might think, Nairaland is not really a forum (a forum is just part of it).

The home page for example, you can just pop in and say - I want to learn HTML and waka go (without making a forum post)

The blog feature is for me, I love blogging, and will use that to write in my spare time.

Job board - a place you can use to share projects that you have - as simple as that

Web links - a links board where you can share different kinds of links.

With some other minor features, and more still coming up.

That is about it for now. . . . .so it is not a threat to this board

And yes, the home page, comments e.t.c have a code editing function too (which will still be developed even further)

Feel free to drop in at anytime.

As for this post, I hold no power over it, Seun might remove it and ban everyone.

As for me, I am still a nairalander and will continue to do the bit and pieces that I can to contribute to this board.
You have contributed immensely to the development and growth of this board and you deserve much more than jealousy. Nairaland will not get its 5th million member in the next 20 years if this is how Seun runs his business. If I were him, I would have written an article about how popular Nairaland programmer is on the verge of becoming Africa's Mark Zuckerberg, while attempting to give Nairaland some credits for providing Nigerian programmers with a platform to 'grow', bla bla bla. Nigerian bloggers will just repost on their websites and earn Nairaland programming section some new members, while motivating other Nairaland programmers to promote their works on Nairaland. That's how business is done. If you kill competition, you kill yourself. Anyways, see you on Nairaland. My profile name is Hamis.
Re: Is Nairaland A Threat To Nairaland? by Nobody: 12:34am On Aug 04, 2017
You have contributed immensely to the development and growth of this board and you deserve much more than jealousy. Nairaland will not get its 5th million member in the next 20 years if this is how Seun runs his business. If I were him, I would have written an article about how popular Nairaland programmer is on the verge of becoming Africa's Mark Zuckerberg, while attempting to give Nairaland some credits for providing Nigerian programmers with a platform to 'grow', bla bla bla. Nigerian bloggers will just repost on their websites and earn Nairaland programming section some new members, while motivating other Nairaland programmers to promote their works on Nairaland. That's how business is done. If you kill competition, you kill yourself. Anyways, see you on Nairaland. My profile name is Hamis.
Re: Is Nairaland A Threat To Nairaland? by Nobody: 10:46am On Aug 04, 2017
Nairaland has come to stay, there is no basis for comparison, both of them are in their separate nitches.
Re: Is Nairaland A Threat To Nairaland? by Nastydroid(m): 10:50am On Aug 04, 2017
I'm still in doubts

www.Nairaland.com
Re: Is Nairaland A Threat To Nairaland? by Nobody: 1:06pm On Aug 04, 2017
@Nastydroid, all I can see you have typed is www. - i want to assume the rest is Nairaland (dot) com - and if my guess is right, you might have been EPPED by the spam bot.

This matter is odikwa serious.

1 Like

Re: Is Nairaland A Threat To Nairaland? by Nastydroid(m): 6:36pm On Aug 04, 2017
dhtml18:
@Nastydroid, all I can see you have typed is www. - i want to assume the rest is Nairaland (dot) com - and if my guess is right, you might have been EPPED by the spam bot.

This matter is odikwa serious.
yes it is Nairaland ooo,no spam bot action.
Re: Is Nairaland A Threat To Nairaland? by badthinds: 8:21pm On Aug 04, 2017
donjayzi:
Why has Nairaland ban DHTML18 and also Flagged Nairaland from being written? Is this despotism or what is really going on?

If you mention the URL of Nairaland, you will get banned and the post vanish straight away? but why?

I can mention twitter.com facebook.com but have to say Nairaland (dot) com ? maka why?

Lol. Maybe threats to the 'programming' section. ...but if afric*hers is diverting nairaland's users then I think its scam (my opinion) Cc dhtml18
Re: Is Nairaland A Threat To Nairaland? by CryptoCoinr(f): 8:42pm On Aug 04, 2017
I got banned from the Investment forum for 3 days for saying "Sent" in response to a person's post, a ban which I'm still serving. That abomination of a bot is way past its expiration date.

Gonna add "Af*i*ode*s[.]co* to this list.
Re: Is Nairaland A Threat To Nairaland? by Nobody: 9:28pm On Aug 04, 2017
badthinds:

Lol. Maybe threats to the 'programming' section. ...but if afric*hers is diverting nairaland's users then I think its scam (my opinion) Cc dhtml18
Can you please describe what you mean by diverting? Do people not post links to blogs e.t.c on nairaland, and they even make frontpage?
And up till now, Nairaland is not posted links or even beg people to visit it or expressly invite anyone to it.
Re: Is Nairaland A Threat To Nairaland? by badthinds: 9:53pm On Aug 04, 2017
dhtml18:

Can you please describe what you mean by diverting? Do people not post links to blogs e.t.c on nairaland, and they even make frontpage?
And up till now, Nairaland is not posted links or even beg people to visit it or expressly invite anyone to it.
Not that I really understand that phenomenon, but that's one of the things I could deduce. Maybe they feel you're promoting a rival to the programming section in same programming section...especially the fact that the real programmers here were nearly pissed off grin meanwhile, I tried signing up but the email ain't coming grin
Re: Is Nairaland A Threat To Nairaland? by Nobody: 11:35pm On Aug 04, 2017
I am sorry for the inconvenience, I have been configuring and setting up things. Please try a password recovery, you should get an email, if you do not, please let me know.
Re: Is Nairaland A Threat To Nairaland? by Nobody: 1:11am On Aug 05, 2017
So i cant type Nairaland.com?
Re: Is Nairaland A Threat To Nairaland? by Nobody: 1:12am On Aug 05, 2017
justanALIAS:
So i cant type Nairaland.com?
shocked shocked i wrote Nairaland (dot) com before the question mark!!!!! Seun I respected you, you are supposed to help a fellow developer grow!! angry

1 Like

Re: Is Nairaland A Threat To Nairaland? by Nobody: 1:28am On Aug 05, 2017
badthinds:
Not that I really understand that phenomenon, but that's one of the things I could deduce. Maybe they feel you're promoting a rival to the programming section in same programming section...especially the fact that the real programmers here were nearly pissed off grin meanwhile, I tried signing up but the email ain't coming grin

For the email you can try again, I have implemented about 6 alternative logins/signups:
1. Facebook
2. Twitter
3. Yahoo
4. Google plus
5. Stackoverflow/stackexchange
6. Github

At least as a developer (or human being), you suppose get one of those. You can use these in place of normal registration.

More features are still coming out, and sorry for having to write it like a pirated website.
Re: Is Nairaland A Threat To Nairaland? by Nobody: 9:07am On Aug 06, 2017
Hey, let us all take it easy o, I shall not be responsible for anyone that gets a permanent ban.
Re: Is Nairaland A Threat To Nairaland? by onedayatime(m): 11:47am On Aug 06, 2017
its absurd if seun does that(if he ban nl just necause of africoder). i remember being banned for because I wrote 'javaScript'. anyways, i will try typingthose words and see if am ban
Re: Is Nairaland A Threat To Nairaland? by adenuga558(m): 11:54am On Aug 06, 2017
let me try typing Nairaland.com
Re: Is Nairaland A Threat To Nairaland? by adenuga558(m): 11:54am On Aug 06, 2017
lol d URL does not show
Re: Is Nairaland A Threat To Nairaland? by onedayatime(m): 11:57am On Aug 06, 2017
Nairaland.com. but i can see them on edit post. ika ni bobo yi sa

(1) (2) (Reply)

Oracle 10g On Solaris Os / How To Convert A 20-digit Numeric Value From Base10 To Base36 In C# / How Can Can Transfer Udemy Videos Downloaded On Phone To Labtop

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.