Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,771 members, 7,820,694 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:41 PM

Soyinka Blasts Aondokaa On CNN - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Soyinka Blasts Aondokaa On CNN (8121 Views)

Soyinka Blasts Buhari Over Herdsmen Killings / Watch Christiane Amanpour Interview President Buhari On CNN (July 21) / Soyinka Blasts Muslim Leaders Over Boko Haram (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Soyinka Blasts Aondokaa On CNN by aloyemeka2: 2:02am On Feb 11, 2010
[size=14pt]Aondoakaa speaks from all four compass points of his mouth, by Soyinka[/size]

Being transcript of CNN's Christine Amanpour interview with Attorney-General of the Federation, Michael Aondoakaa and Nobel Laureate, Prof Wole Soyinka last night.

Nobel Laureate, Prof Wole Soyinka

AMANPOUR: We'll be talking with the Nigerian Nobel Prize-winner Wole Soyinka in a moment, but first, joining us on the phone from Nigeria's capital, Abuja, the Attorney General, Michael Aondoakaa, at the centre of this political crisis. Mr. Aondoakaa, thank you for joining us. Can you tell me, why has it taken the system so long to fill the power vacuum of the president's absence?

AONDOAKAA: Absolutely, there has not been a power vacuum. But clearly, the courts in Nigeria are the ones vested with the duties of interpreting the constitution. And they clearly ruled that there has not been a power vacuum. The (inaudible) clearly that when the president was leaving on the 23rd of November, 2009, it delegated all his (inaudible) power to the vice president, on the basis of which the vice president has been exercising the powers of the president.

AMANPOUR: OK.

AONDOAKAA: So, there has not actually been a power vacuum, so.

AMANPOUR: So, just to confirm, the cabinet will approve this, and this will take place now, that the vice president,

AONDOAKAA: Well, we have to look at the resolution first, but as I've indicated, the president has already,  since the president left recognised the vice president as the leader of the country pending when Mr. President returns.

AMANPOUR: Let me ask you, what do the houses of parliament, what do they base their ruling on? Because, it seems that they base it on a radio interview that the president gave, you know, a couple of weeks ago.

AONDOAKAA: Well, incidentally, I don't go much into what they did, because, you see, what they did can override a decision of the court. But what is important now at this stage is to move the country forward. The most important is for the three arms of government to come and certainly support the vice president to carry out his duties and move the country forward.

AMANPOUR: All right.

AONDOAKAA: I think that is the paramount consideration for every Nigerian.

AMANPOUR: OK. Just before I get to some of those challenges, has anybody, has any minister, has any Nigerian official actually seen the president since he went to Saudi Arabia?

AONDOAKAA: No, precisely,  he spoke to some people. He spoke to the vice president himself. The vice president confirmed to us that the president spoke to him briefly.

AMANPOUR: When?

AONDOAKAA: That was about three weeks back.

AMANPOUR: Did the vice president see the president?

AONDOAKAA: No, he didn't say he saw the president, but he told us that he spoke to the president.

AMANPOUR: Isn't it strange, Mr. Attorney General, that the president of a country can disappear for months and that nobody has seen him and -- and these decisions are being taken? Isn't that just strange?

AONDOAKAA: No, no, no, no. The issue of it being strange is not right. The issue of whether people have seen him is not a main issue here. Of course, people have seen him. The (inaudible) president was delegated to go there when the issue of budget occurred, and he went there. The president signed the budget. He saw him, and he reported back to us. But that is not the main issue. The main issue is that, there must be ways of resolving our problems constitutionally, and that is I feel that the system is working fine, because nobody has taken up arms. The most important point is that the three arms of government are working out a way to have a situation that will come out in the best interests of Nigerians.

AMANPOUR: Mr. Attorney General, thank you very much, indeed, for joining us from Abuja. And now.

AONDOAKAA: Well, thank you.

AMANPOUR: Let's turn to Wole Soyinka, who's in Los Angeles. For six decades, Mr. Soyinka has been a leading figure in Nigeria's literary and political life. He was awarded the Nobel Prize in Literature in 1986. Thank you very much for joining us, Mr. Soyinka. You heard what the attorney general just said, that everything's okay; there's no power vacuum, there's no risk of armed violence. What do you make of the vote by the legislature today?

SOYINKA: Well, let me begin by saying that I just sit here astonished that someone in a responsible position, like Aondoakaa, can come here and talk from all four compass points of his mouth. He's told so many untruths. He suggests, for instance, that there is absolutely no breakdown in the amnesty procedure in Nigeria. That is a lie. Everybody knows that. He's now blaming the (inaudible) on different causes from what he's said before. At the beginning, he said and he said this publicly that there was no need to be excited, that the president could rule from anywhere in the world; anywhere in the world. And he's,

AMANPOUR: So. what's really going on, then? Why is it, whose interest is it that there be this absence, this vacuum?

SOYINKA: That's very a very good question. Yes, whose interest is it? Now, let me begin by saying that it's not a regional interest, because I noticed you kept referring to the Muslim north and the Christian south. No, no, no, no, that is not the issue. The issue is that certain elements within the ruling party love this hiatus. They love the headlessness of government because they can proceed to loot and create their own little empires while the president is away.

AMANPOUR: So, can you tell me,  Why what I mean, when you think about it, what do you think is going on? Why is the president away for so long? And why hasn't anybody seen him?

SOYINKA: I have my theory. My theory is that the president is in no position to sign anything at the moment. I have a feeling that he's so ill and those who are around him know very well that he's very ill. There's a huge contention, for instance, about the signing of the appropriation bill, that, in fact, it was forged. I mean, this one has not yet been thoroughly examined by an independent commission, so all kinds of lies, all kind of manipulations are going on around somebody whom I suspect doesn't even know what is going on

AMANPOUR: Where do you see the next few weeks,  I don't know few days, now that the legislature has voted, that they've put Mr. Goodluck Jonathan as acting president? Do you think this will calm things down?

SOYINKA: I don't believe so, because those who are behind this game, this very sinister, bizarre game, are not about to give up very quickly. They're going to find other forms of delaying tactics, and I'm talking about certain criminal elements within the ruling party, the PDP. They are the ones really responsible for this.

AMANPOUR: And what -- what is the solution that you've been calling for?

SOYINKA: Well, we went there, for instance, and asked them, you know, had a rally, and there have been other rallies, and we demanded that the constitution be followed. Now, the constitution demands very clearly that when the president is going to be away, it's a very smooth, temporary transition. The president writes to the assembly saying, "I'm going away on sick leave," "I'm going away on annual leave, and my deputy takes over." When he returns, he writes a letter. Now, I've met Yar'Adua. He's not a silly man. He's an intelligent man. And he knows what he ought to have done. But, unfortunately, I think by the time he realised -- that's my theory -- by the time he realised that he was very ill, it was really too late for him to do anything. He's become incapacitated. And that's why I don't believe, for instance, that he signed the appropriation bill.

AMANPOUR: All right.

SOYINKA: And that is when the assembly should take action and formally invest his deputy.

AMANPOUR: Well, they seem to have done that now. Stand by, Mr. Soyinka. We're going to take a break, and we'll be back with you in just a moment. And we'll also be talking with a mediator in the Niger Delta.

SOYINKA: Well, let me say straight that it's a major challenge for Jonathan if he does, indeed, become the substantive acting president because I can tell you that, in early November, I met together with the so- called errand team (ph), of which I'm just an observer I'm not a negotiator exactly we met the president. And the president actually outlined a timetable for discussions. Afterwards, I heard the I met the president on a one-on-one, together with his secretary only, in which he affirmed what had been decided with the entire team. And this meeting was supposed to have begun immediately after the Muslim Ramadan. The time was actually set down.

AMANPOUR: OK.

SOYINKA: Now, it's up to Jonathan to pick up that to pick up that program and run it fast.

AMANPOUR: Because because you heard Joel Bisina say that they've put down their weapons, those who have, and yet there's no direction, there's no answers, they don't know where to go. Is that legitimate?

SOYINKA: It's always a legitimate comment. And this is what I'm saying that Jonathan has to do. He has to pick up where Yar'Adua left off. Too much time has been wasted. The militants are disgusted. They also they've begun cynical. And, of course, they've called off the cease-fire.

AMANPOUR: So in general in general, where do you see your country going now? I mean, you've got this huge oil-producing nation, you've got this huge population, you've got a bit of a power vacuum, to put it mildly, and you've got a reignited insurgency. All of those combined, where does it where does it go in the next, let's say, week, now that Mr. Goodluck has been named officially the acting president?

SOYINKA: Well, let's hope it doesn't go where the ruling party is going to take it. We have the PDP, an illegitimate, unelected, corrupt, and murderous party, as I've said at home over and over again. Now, it's the civil society now which has to rise and put a stop to the machinations of the PDP. Anything short of that don't forget that part of the plans of the PDP is, of course, to perpetuate itself by making sure that there is electoral reform, which, incidentally, Yar'Adua has also put in motion to ensure that next year's elections are credible. Now, if the country goes to election next year under the present law, the present system, with a corrupt electoral commission, headed by a totally discredited individual in Professor Iwu, I cannot predict where the nation will end.

AMANPOUR: Now, you spoke about some of you spoke about leading, you know, demonstrations and things. Are you calling for civil disobedience now?

SOYINKA: Well, we begun with rallies, as you know, and we have warned that the next stage will be civil disobedience. There will be civil disobedience if the various measures to put this country back on a democratic path this includes, as I said, the electoral reform, a panel was set up. Its recommendations have been accepted by the majority of the nations, from the media commentary, and all that needs to be done is to implement it. Then there has to be a constitutional review. We've seen, for instance, through the absence of the president, how very weak and imprecise the constitution is in many aspects. There's got to be a review. Failing all this, the citizenry will embark on a civil disobedience campaign. I see no other course for the nation.

AMANPOUR: And what exactly what form will that take? What does that mean, a civil disobedience campaign?

SOYINKA: It'll mean a de-recognition of the government, to start with, flouting the laws wherever possible. It will begin on a on a small scale, and then it will escalate until these so-called legislators are made to rise up to their responsibilities.

AMANPOUR: Are you not concerned that that will escalate into violence, rather than into political reform?

SOYINKA: No, I think we're getting practice in the strategies, the tactics of civil disobedience. I do not think and we've demonstrated in the last few rallies that the rallies need not be violent as long as civil rights are not trampled upon. I think exactly the same kind of discipline will be maintained. We'd just withdraw recognition in various ways from the government.

AMANPOUR: And in the meantime, the whole premise of Nigeria's vast oil wealth that is not being, you know, shared or at least enjoyed by many of the people in the delta, how do you have do you have plans to to deal with that? What do you think should be done about that?

SOYINKA: Well, this is why I agreed in the first place to act even just as an observer in the process of negotiations between the government and the various militant groups. Discourse, debate, the usual, to offer a cliche, give-and-take, that system of negotiation is what has to be embarked upon as quickly as possible.

AMANPOUR: Now, the U.S. has obviously got a big role to play. It's very interested in Nigeria's oil and and pursuing democracy there. Hillary Clinton, secretary of state, was recently there, and the assistant secretary for Africa has just met today with Goodluck Jonathan and talked about the importance of the democratic process and the political process.What influence do you think the U.S. can exert right now? Will it be effective?

SOYINKA: Putting pressure on the ruling party or members of the ruling party, including the vice president, whatever title is given, the legislators, assisting us in getting rid of irresponsible ministers like Aondoakaa, compelling, for instance, a change in the composition of the electoral commission, insisting on the adoption of the Uwais panel (ph) report on electoral reform, and insisting on the prosecution of corrupt, exposed, patently corrupt officials. Now, if we receive that kind of moral pressure we're not talking about intervention now; we're talking about moral pressure being exerted on these various arms of leadership then it is possible that this make-or- break period because this is what it is; this is a make-or-break period for Nigeria it is possible that we may just come through it still intact.

AMANPOUR: Wole Soyinka, thank you so much, indeed, for joining us. What a fascinating story, and we will stay on top of it and keep watching. Thanks for joining us. And next, more on the human cost of exploiting Nigeria's oil wealth, when we return.

http://odili.net/news/source/2010/feb/10/11.html
Re: Soyinka Blasts Aondokaa On CNN by EzeUche(m): 2:06am On Feb 11, 2010
And this is why Wole Soyinka has my respect!!! cheesy
Re: Soyinka Blasts Aondokaa On CNN by SkyBlue1: 2:09am On Feb 11, 2010
I watched the interview yesterday and I must say I thought Soyinka was being a tad too defensive over Yar Adua's own part in the whole matter. Yar Adua was not forced to be president, and decided to take the position knowing already he was sick after having thesame problem during his governorship tenure in Katsina when he would travel for lengths at a time. Leading Katsina is not leading Nigeria. Unless I am mistaken, Yar Adua and not Aondoakaa, was the one who chose Dora Akunyili as Minister for Information instead of a position more befitting of her more obvious skills. Unless I am mistaken again, Yar Adua is also the one who complained about not being happy with a clause in the Uwais report that took away the power of the president to appoint the INEC commissioner. The list goes on, I just wonder why people keep defending Yar Adua when the proof is in the pudding. When he was "stronger", what did he do?
Re: Soyinka Blasts Aondokaa On CNN by honeric01(m): 2:26am On Feb 11, 2010
So it's now the US wants to play a role, they should go sit somewhere.

their 2015 plans won't work.
Re: Soyinka Blasts Aondokaa On CNN by ezeagu(m): 2:31am On Feb 11, 2010
honeric01:

How?
Re: Soyinka Blasts Aondokaa On CNN by EzeUche(m): 2:31am On Feb 11, 2010
honeric01:

So it's now the US wants to play a role, they should go sit somewhere.

Yea the 2015 'plans' wont work. It will probably be earlier, more like 2011!!!  grin

Let the break up begin.
Re: Soyinka Blasts Aondokaa On CNN by honeric01(m): 2:34am On Feb 11, 2010
ezeagu:

How?

how? because we are noise makers and can't do anything.

so the US picked the wrong country because no Nigerian would want to go into a war, at least not now that oil still dey. grin

EzeUche:

Yea the 2015 'plans' wont work. It will probably be earlier, more like 2011!!!  grin

Let the break up begin.

don't you think we have gone through worse scenario before, yet we didn't break?
Re: Soyinka Blasts Aondokaa On CNN by vigasimple(m): 2:59am On Feb 11, 2010
AMANPOUR: Isn't it strange, Mr. Attorney General, that the president of a country can disappear for months and that nobody has seen him and -- and these decisions are being taken? Isn't that just strange?

AONDOAKAA: No, no, no, no. The issue of it being strange is not right. The issue of whether people have seen him is not a main issue here. Of course, people have seen him. The (inaudible) president was delegated to go there when the issue of budget occurred, and he went there. The president signed the budget. He saw him, and he reported back to us. But that is not the main issue. The main issue is that, there must be ways of resolving our problems constitutionally, and that is I feel that the system is working fine, because nobody has taken up arms. The most important point is that the three arms of government are working out a way to have a situation that will come out in the best interests of Nigerians.

SOYINKA: That's very a very good question. Yes, whose interest is it? Now, let me begin by saying that it's not a regional interest, because I noticed you kept referring to the Muslim north and the Christian south. No, no, no, no, that is not the issue. The issue is that certain elements within the ruling party love this hiatus. They love the headlessness of government because they can proceed to loot and create their own little empires while the president is away.

AMANPOUR: So, can you tell me, Why what I mean, when you think about it, what do you think is going on? Why is the president away for so long? And why hasn't anybody seen him?

SOYINKA: I have my theory. My theory is that the president is in no position to sign anything at the moment. I have a feeling that he's so ill and those who are around him know very well that he's very ill. There's a huge contention, for instance, about the signing of the appropriation bill, that, in fact, it was forged. I mean, this one has not yet been thoroughly examined by an independent commission, so all kinds of lies, all kind of manipulations are going on around somebody whom I suspect doesn't even know what is going on

AMANPOUR: Where do you see the next few weeks, I don't know few days, now that the legislature has voted, that they've put Mr. Goodluck Jonathan as acting president? Do you think this will calm things down?

SOYINKA: I don't believe so, because those who are behind this game, this very sinister, bizarre game, are not about to give up very quickly. They're going to find other forms of delaying tactics, and I'm talking about certain criminal elements within the ruling party, the PDP. They are the ones really responsible for this.

AMANPOUR: And what -- what is the solution that you've been calling for?

SOYINKA: Well, we went there, for instance, and asked them, you know, had a rally, and there have been other rallies, and we demanded that the constitution be followed. Now, the constitution demands very clearly that when the president is going to be away, it's a very smooth, temporary transition. The president writes to the assembly saying, "I'm going away on sick leave," "I'm going away on annual leave, and my deputy takes over." When he returns, he writes a letter. Now, I've met Yar'Adua. He's not a silly man. He's an intelligent man. And he knows what he ought to have done. But, unfortunately, I think by the time he realised -- that's my theory -- by the time he realised that he was very ill, it was really too late for him to do anything. He's become incapacitated. And that's why I don't believe, for instance, that he signed the appropriation bill.

AMANPOUR: So in general in general, where do you see your country going now? I mean, you've got this huge oil-producing nation, you've got this huge population, you've got a bit of a power vacuum, to put it mildly, and you've got a reignited insurgency. All of those combined, where does it where does it go in the next, let's say, week, now that Mr. Goodluck has been named officially the acting president?

SOYINKA: Well, let's hope it doesn't go where the ruling party is going to take it. We have the PDP, an illegitimate, unelected, corrupt, and murderous party, as I've said at home over and over again. Now, it's the civil society now which has to rise and put a stop to the machinations of the PDP. Anything short of that don't forget that part of the plans of the PDP is, of course, to perpetuate itself by making sure that there is electoral reform, which, incidentally, Yar'Adua has also put in motion to ensure that next year's elections are credible. Now, if the country goes to election next year under the present law, the present system, with a corrupt electoral commission, headed by a totally discredited individual in Professor Iwu, I cannot predict where the nation will end.
AMANPOUR: Now, you spoke about some of you spoke about leading, you know, demonstrations and things. Are you calling for civil disobedience now?

SOYINKA: Well, we begun with rallies, as you know, and we have warned that the next stage will be civil disobedience. There will be civil disobedience if the various measures to put this country back on a democratic path this includes, as I said, the electoral reform, a panel was set up. Its recommendations have been accepted by the majority of the nations, from the media commentary, and all that needs to be done is to implement it. Then there has to be a constitutional review. We've seen, for instance, through the absence of the president, how very weak and imprecise the constitution is in many aspects. There's got to be a review. Failing all this, the citizenry will embark on a civil disobedience campaign. I see no other course for the nation.

AMANPOUR: And what exactly what form will that take? What does that mean, a civil disobedience campaign?

SOYINKA: It'll mean a de-recognition of the government, to start with, flouting the laws wherever possible. It will begin on a on a small scale, and then it will escalate until these so-called legislators are made to rise up to their responsibilities.

AMANPOUR: Are you not concerned that that will escalate into violence, rather than into political reform?

SOYINKA: No, I think we're getting practice in the strategies, the tactics of civil disobedience. I do not think and we've demonstrated in the last few rallies that the rallies need not be violent as long as civil rights are not trampled upon. I think exactly the same kind of discipline will be maintained. We'd just withdraw recognition in various ways from the government.

AMANPOUR: And in the meantime, the whole premise of Nigeria's vast oil wealth that is not being, you know, shared or at least enjoyed by many of the people in the delta, how do you have do you have plans to to deal with that? What do you think should be done about that?
AMANPOUR: Now, the U.S. has obviously got a big role to play. It's very interested in Nigeria's oil and and pursuing democracy there. Hillary Clinton, secretary of state, was recently there, and the assistant secretary for Africa has just met today with Goodluck Jonathan and talked about the importance of the democratic process and the political process.What influence do you think the U.S. can exert right now? Will it be effective?

SOYINKA: Putting pressure on the ruling party or members of the ruling party, including the vice president, whatever title is given, the legislators, assisting us in getting rid of irresponsible ministers like Aondoakaa, compelling, for instance, a change in the composition of the electoral commission, insisting on the adoption of the Uwais panel (ph) report on electoral reform, and insisting on the prosecution of corrupt, exposed, patently corrupt officials. Now, if we receive that kind of moral pressure we're not talking about intervention now; we're talking about moral pressure being exerted on these various arms of leadership then it is possible that this make-or- break period because this is what it is; this is a make-or-break period for Nigeria it is possible that we may just come through it still intact.

Very well said Wole Soyinka, at least the international community knows that we have inteligent , respectable and responsible people in nIgeria.

PDP IS A CRIMINAL ORGANAZATION, AND WE NIGERIANS SHOULD VOTE THEM OUT AT THE 2011 ELECTION AND VOTE ANY OTHER PARTY OF OUR CHOICE
Re: Soyinka Blasts Aondokaa On CNN by aloyemeka2: 4:28am On Feb 11, 2010
[size=16pt]PDP is like the ILLUMINATI.[/size]
Re: Soyinka Blasts Aondokaa On CNN by texazzpete(m): 8:11am On Feb 11, 2010
Vigasimple
You must be my hidden twin, because you took the word out of my mouth.
The only true revolution in Nigeria is to vote out the PDP. Vote them out at all levels, in the Senate, House of Reps, Local Government Council, everywhere. Nigeria's main problem is that we're a one-party state at the moment. And this must end!
Re: Soyinka Blasts Aondokaa On CNN by Ibime(m): 8:44am On Feb 11, 2010
It is a crying shame that Soyinka should still be the one leading civil disobedience rallies after all these years. What happened to the NUS and such? Young people are the drivers of revolutions all around the world, and only complacent youths like the ones we have in Nigeria will wait for an elder like Soyinka to remind them of their civic duty to fight for their democratic rights.
Re: Soyinka Blasts Aondokaa On CNN by olafolarin(m): 9:19am On Feb 11, 2010
Ibime:

It is a crying shame that Soyinka should still be the one leading civil disobedience rallies after all these years. What happened to the NUS and such? Young people are the drivers of revolutions all around the world, and only complacent youths like the ones we have in Nigeria will wait for an elder like Soyinka to remind them of their civic duty to fight for their democratic rights.

He had to do it to save the nation.He leads the youth as a well-known and respected scholar.
I saw the CNN interview and i must praise Soyinka's courage to say the truth no matter the number of viewershi enjoyed by CNN.
Soyinka said the truth and i guess that played a big role in the demotion of Aondoakaa.
Re: Soyinka Blasts Aondokaa On CNN by Caringpro(f): 10:46am On Feb 11, 2010
God bless Prof. Wole Soyinka, ALWAYS!!!
Re: Soyinka Blasts Aondokaa On CNN by saintvalo: 11:45am On Feb 11, 2010
Re: Soyinka Blasts Aondokaa On CNN by tayoast(m): 3:50pm On Feb 11, 2010
aloy-emeka:

SOYINKA: Well, let me begin by saying that I just sit here astonished that someone in a responsible position, like Aondoakaa, can come here and talk from all four compass points of his mouth. He's told so many untruths. He suggests, for instance, that there is absolutely no breakdown in the amnesty procedure in Nigeria. That is a lie. Everybody knows that. He's now blaming the (inaudible) on different causes from what he's said before. At the beginning, he said and he said this publicly that there was no need to be excited, that the president could rule from anywhere in the world; anywhere in the world. And he's,

http://odili.net/news/source/2010/feb/10/11.html

bhoy!!  man dey vexxx
Re: Soyinka Blasts Aondokaa On CNN by realdemi(f): 3:54pm On Feb 11, 2010
@Olafolarin.
What Ibime is simply saying is that the youths should take initiative and as Soyinka has been doing since he was a youth. That is truly a word for all of us, youths, who should be championing the cause of 9ja's good.

Well done, Prof! You wash the shame away from our bodi. God bless u.
Re: Soyinka Blasts Aondokaa On CNN by Hauwa1: 3:58pm On Feb 11, 2010
Ibime, it baffles me too what nigeria youths are doing. i guess they are afraid of guns.

Ibime:

Re: Soyinka Blasts Aondokaa On CNN by Ninapha(f): 4:07pm On Feb 11, 2010
Thanks Prof.  I am proud of you.

its not enough to have gray hairs but to make it count.  yours is a blessing.
Re: Soyinka Blasts Aondokaa On CNN by doyin13(m): 4:11pm On Feb 11, 2010
Do we need any more evidence of the compromised youth than the charade
that was the Pro Yaradua gathering a few days back.

It truly is a shame. Democracy seems to have dulled the senses of many of our youths.

It is shameful and disheartening that one of the leaders of these rented youths was a former
student union leader at Ife. That Ife with its pedigree of anti establishment activism(anyone remember
Anthony Fashayo and his campaign against the Abacha regime) should
produce someone of such moral depravity portends hopelessness. All is indeed lost and things
have fallen apart.
Re: Soyinka Blasts Aondokaa On CNN by vislabraye(m): 4:15pm On Feb 11, 2010
Aondokaa you are on your own OYO grin grin grin

See the way he contradicts himself

AMANPOUR: OK. Just before I get to some of those challenges, has anybody, has any minister, has any Nigerian official actually seen the president since he went to Saudi Arabia?

AONDOAKAA: No, precisely, he spoke to some people. He spoke to the vice president himself. The vice president confirmed to us that the president spoke to him briefly.

Why is the man making a fool of himself and contradicting all he has said before ? He said no one has seen him; they have only heard from him. Now he said some one saw him and reported to them, Who the hell is this guy
Re: Soyinka Blasts Aondokaa On CNN by Parnassuss(m): 4:20pm On Feb 11, 2010
@ Sky, chap youy read my bleeding mind. That block of deadwood calling himself a president let us sink to the point i started praying 4 an Obj rerun. He (Yar'adua) shouldn't be exonorated, he is the head hench man of the ILLUMINATI (though i think the grp fictional but no harm eh Aloy  wink)
I am so proud of the prof right now i could burst i read Literature you know undecided, and we Nigerian youth really are pathetic. If any will join me i think we ought to show some more concern for our nation, host  protest march maybe.
Re: Soyinka Blasts Aondokaa On CNN by mrrock: 4:33pm On Feb 11, 2010
Soyinka you are human being. Only problem is there are only 2 or 3 people like you in Nigeria.
Re: Soyinka Blasts Aondokaa On CNN by Justcash(m): 4:48pm On Feb 11, 2010
Thank you Soyinka!

I am almost sure that Nigeria won't pull through this period in one bit.

We are just delaying the obvious! Nigeria is just too big for these political Imbeciles (Aondoakaa and co) to manage.

We need to break to make it easier for the voice of the people to be heard.

I am very pessimistic about a united Nigeria because there is just no way a good leadership can be experienced in Nigeria, as it is now.

By good leadership I mean an efficient and effective leadership. A leadership that can build back the pride we need as Nigerians. It cannot be experienced in Nigeria. With the way Nigeria's political system is, only criminals/thugs are and can get on the driving seat. Taking them out is not easy because of the complexity of the Ethno religious environment in Nigeria.
In a same ethno-religiouse society, governance according to the wish of the people can be gotten easily.

Go and touch anti -developmental god-fathers like Uba/Anenih/Tinubu/IBB etc and see how abuja/their parties/ religiouse leaders/ ethnic brothers will rush to their rescue with a "strange" cry of marginalisation.
Re: Soyinka Blasts Aondokaa On CNN by rygem: 4:51pm On Feb 11, 2010
Most Nigerian youths are selfish and cowards. Most are thinking about self and how to be connected to the corrupt system and make it. They don't have the guts to challenge the ills in their society like the Wole's did in their days. That's why the cycle of corruption keeps on repeating from one government to another. The cabals know that they won't do anything and the looting continues.
Re: Soyinka Blasts Aondokaa On CNN by Machine007: 4:53pm On Feb 11, 2010
When the whole drama started, the international community were not aware of it until December 25th attack on US plain by MUTALLAB.

i was so ashamed how people of high profile like Andokaa keep disgracing us, until that interview with Soyinka i became proud of my country once again.

Its touching and pathetic. especially this

"Now, let me begin by saying that it's not a regional interest, because I noticed you kept referring to the Muslim north and the Christian south. No, no, no, no, that is not the issue. The issue is that certain elements within the ruling party love this hiatus. They love the headlessness of government because they can proceed to loot and create their own little empires while the president is away.

He's indeed a true NIGERIAN.

God bless us all. We will get there.
Re: Soyinka Blasts Aondokaa On CNN by legba1(m): 4:59pm On Feb 11, 2010
One of my poblem with our crop of youth is that we dont care about revolution.or may be we too like life.and if we should continue like this,our children will have us to blame.we're just too relax.
Re: Soyinka Blasts Aondokaa On CNN by 1Emmy: 5:09pm On Feb 11, 2010
I keep wondering why and how Nigeria could  produce intelligent people like Soyinka and Akunyili yet immorality still prevail, Aondoakaa, supposed to go to jail because of treason . He is just trying to play innocence when deeply in his heart he knows he is not.
Re: Soyinka Blasts Aondokaa On CNN by Bongoman1: 5:10pm On Feb 11, 2010
Re: Soyinka Blasts Aondokaa On CNN by Nobody: 5:17pm On Feb 11, 2010
Who are these people talking about 'Nigerian youths' doing nothing??

Unless I've gone cuckoo you guys are Nigerians and youths for that matter. . . . abi??
May I ask what you are doing on Nairaland??
Re: Soyinka Blasts Aondokaa On CNN by doyin13(m): 5:19pm On Feb 11, 2010
Bongo_man:

For inventing cultism the epitome of youthful killings and political thuggery into our universities and campuses right?

Read and learn

http://www.guardian.co.uk/education/2005/jun/29/internationaleducationnews.highereducation
Re: Soyinka Blasts Aondokaa On CNN by tunde300us(m): 5:32pm On Feb 11, 2010
Wole soyinka invented a fraternity that does its thing in the open and not dark and hidden places like its been done now with evil intents.
If we go by your theory,maybe the people who started the (internet,computer,yahoo etc) too should also be hanged cos most nigerian youths are now yahoo yahoo boyz !
I know some ppl will drift from the topic no matter what ,my friend go nd get a life

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Lagos Was Party To National Good Governance Tour Agreement / See The World’s Most Educated President 2015 / Osoba: Some Persons Sat On APC Report On Restructuring

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 126
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.