Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,160 members, 7,815,053 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:05 AM

Infinix To Start Manufacturing Phones Using Snapdragon Chipset By Qualcomm. - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Infinix To Start Manufacturing Phones Using Snapdragon Chipset By Qualcomm. (15508 Views)

Infinix To Hold Free Hot 8 Concert With Mayorkun & Naira Marley / Infinix To Launch An All-screen Smartphone With Five Rear Camera Lenses / Is Snapdragon Chipset Always Better Than MTK? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Infinix To Start Manufacturing Phones Using Snapdragon Chipset By Qualcomm. by GogetterMD(m): 8:12am On Aug 05, 2017
ironprocs:

I can bet they will use snapdragon 400 series n sell it for 60-70k.
May God continue to bless the ignorant ones that would purchase it then
Re: Infinix To Start Manufacturing Phones Using Snapdragon Chipset By Qualcomm. by BarrElChapo(m): 8:19am On Aug 05, 2017
careytommy7:
If their crappy phones are these expensive without SD, how much will it cost with it?

Imagine, a xiaomi SD with about the same specs of an infinix is far cheaper with greater value for money.

However apart from the obvious shortcomings of infinix, what I really hated about it is the fact that my charging port always seems to "burn out" between every 3-6 months and it cost me nothing less than 5k to fix it. After the third fix, I realised I was being penny wise and pound foolish.

My xiaomi will be arriving next Wednesday! cool

how did you get it bro
Re: Infinix To Start Manufacturing Phones Using Snapdragon Chipset By Qualcomm. by Shroud: 8:19am On Aug 05, 2017
Ajimike:

Too much negativity and stupiddity from one person. Too bad for your health.
What have you ever done for yourself?
So what's wrong with what he said that you had to brand him stupid?

Isn't Nigeria a dumpsite for all these global-less unknown Chinese brands without International certification?

You're asking what he has done for himself before he can criticise a product of public consumption?

Are you this breathtakingly stupid or you're making extra effort to appear so?
How many countries do infinix, itel, Tecno operate in?

We know you're infinix ambassador/fanboy but try get sense plus small honesty.

Shiit crusader like you.

3 Likes

Re: Infinix To Start Manufacturing Phones Using Snapdragon Chipset By Qualcomm. by Norman4real(m): 8:28am On Aug 05, 2017
celestialAgent:
How I wish all these Infinix - especially Techno users could just check out Galaxy S8 and IPhone 6s/7, those Chinco companies will seize to have much relevance in 9ja.

#TeamIOS grin
Not everyone has the money to spend on expensive phones. Thats why Tecno and Infinix will always beat the likes of Samsung when it comes to the budget and midrange phones.
Re: Infinix To Start Manufacturing Phones Using Snapdragon Chipset By Qualcomm. by effty(m): 8:29am On Aug 05, 2017
olaniyi0:
lemme stick to my doogee mix, faster than some snapdragon even tho na mali
How is the Doogee Mix function and how much did you pay for it?
Re: Infinix To Start Manufacturing Phones Using Snapdragon Chipset By Qualcomm. by Nobody: 8:33am On Aug 05, 2017
celestialAgent:
How I wish all these Infinix - especially Techno users could just check out Galaxy S8 and IPhone 6s/7, those Chinco companies will seize to have much relevance in 9ja.

#TeamIOS grin

Re: Infinix To Start Manufacturing Phones Using Snapdragon Chipset By Qualcomm. by BeardedTraveler: 8:36am On Aug 05, 2017
shedy03:

may be u are not lucky with infinix. my note 2 2G RAM is almost 3yrs now, but it hasn't given me a single problem.

Ur note 2 2G RAM can't be 3yrs jare, it can't even be up to 2yrs, it was released in Jan 2016 or Dec 2015

4 Likes

Re: Infinix To Start Manufacturing Phones Using Snapdragon Chipset By Qualcomm. by Norman4real(m): 8:36am On Aug 05, 2017
I'd rather buy a phone using the latest Mtk X30 than any Snapdragon within the 600 and 400 series. SD 835 or 821 would be good but we all know that's never happening. It would make their phones too expensive for their target market.
Re: Infinix To Start Manufacturing Phones Using Snapdragon Chipset By Qualcomm. by BeardedTraveler: 8:37am On Aug 05, 2017
Jesuspikin8:
This is not what you've been waiting for.

By the time they roll out phones with Snapdragon features and start quoting 120k,150k and 180k, you will be among those that will elect to patronize Samsung instead since the prices are already Samsung-like.

I repeat. This is not what you've been waiting for.

Everyone has their niche. Infinix will be well adviced not to play penny wise pound foolish.

You think Infinix would use top-end SD chip? Think again. They'll use more of low end and mid class, cos that what they represent... Mediocrity
Re: Infinix To Start Manufacturing Phones Using Snapdragon Chipset By Qualcomm. by BeardedTraveler: 8:39am On Aug 05, 2017
careytommy7:
If their crappy phones are these expensive without SD, how much will it cost with it?

Imagine, a xiaomi SD with about the same specs of an infinix is far cheaper with greater value for money.

However apart from the obvious shortcomings of infinix, what I really hated about it is the fact that my charging port always seems to "burn out" between every 3-6 months and it cost me nothing less than 5k to fix it. After the third fix, I realised I was being penny wise and pound foolish.

My xiaomi will be arriving next Wednesday! cool

Welcome to the Xiaomi club, I wish Tecno and Infinix fan boys get to use any Xiaomi phone for just a day, they'll then know what they have been missing

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Infinix To Start Manufacturing Phones Using Snapdragon Chipset By Qualcomm. by BeardedTraveler: 8:42am On Aug 05, 2017
Norman4real:
Not everyone has the money to spend on expensive phones. Thats why Tecno and Infinix will always beat the likes of Samsung when it comes to the budget and midrange phones.

If those without money lay their hands on any Xiaomi phone for instance, they hate Tecno and Infinix FOREVER. It's not always about the price, xiaomi phones are way cheaper than Tecno and Infinix phones

1 Like

Re: Infinix To Start Manufacturing Phones Using Snapdragon Chipset By Qualcomm. by crispus09(m): 8:50am On Aug 05, 2017
another expenses
Re: Infinix To Start Manufacturing Phones Using Snapdragon Chipset By Qualcomm. by Norman4real(m): 8:51am On Aug 05, 2017
BeardedTraveler:

If those without money lay their hands on any Xiaomi phone for instance, they hate Tecno and Infinix FOREVER. It's not always about the price, xiaomi phones are way cheaper than Tecno and Infinix phones
If Xiaomi came to Nigeria, set up offices, employed people, paid taxes and set up free customer care centers then you'd see if they're still as cheap as you say.
Re: Infinix To Start Manufacturing Phones Using Snapdragon Chipset By Qualcomm. by Efostick(m): 8:57am On Aug 05, 2017
They already used a SD chipset on HOT 3 LTE
Re: Infinix To Start Manufacturing Phones Using Snapdragon Chipset By Qualcomm. by jaiyejina(m): 9:11am On Aug 05, 2017
Jesuspikin8:

By the time they roll out phones with Snapdragon features and start quoting 120k,150k and 180k, you will be among those that will elect to patronize Samsung instead since the prices are already Samsung-like.

Everyone has their niche. Infinix will be well adviced not to play penny wise pound foolish.
snapdragon just like mediatek, exynos or kirin have low end, medium end and high end chips, u can't expect me to pay above 35k for a snapdragon 210 or 410 powered phone even though they are 4g lte capable, their equivalent on the mediatek scale is mt6735 which should cost about the same price, you can check kimovil for phones running on this chip against their price in the market, recent ones like SD 820,835,821,830 etc can cost 100k and above if on a phone, those are beastly chips... So I repeat, "THIS IS WHAT WE HAVE BEEN WAITING FOR."

1 Like

Re: Infinix To Start Manufacturing Phones Using Snapdragon Chipset By Qualcomm. by olaniyi0(m): 9:11am On Aug 05, 2017
effty:
How is the Doogee Mix function and how much did you pay for it?
N95k for the 6GB RAM, d phone is a badass faster than superman
Re: Infinix To Start Manufacturing Phones Using Snapdragon Chipset By Qualcomm. by tolexy123: 9:27am On Aug 05, 2017
jaiyejina:
This is what we have been waiting for, premium processors and board chips not some cheap rags they use
which of thr processors does ur bomb ass produce here?
Re: Infinix To Start Manufacturing Phones Using Snapdragon Chipset By Qualcomm. by ToppSecret: 9:33am On Aug 05, 2017
cool
Re: Infinix To Start Manufacturing Phones Using Snapdragon Chipset By Qualcomm. by ironprocs(m): 9:34am On Aug 05, 2017
Norman4real:
If Xiaomi came to Nigeria, set up offices, employed people, paid taxes and set up free customer care centers then you'd see if they're still as cheap as you say.
Thats the stuff, xiaomi does not have physical stores so they use online stores....n their phones rarely develop faults apart from bugs so if ur phone now has a factory defect they will just replace it for you.......now why cant tecno, infinix and co be like this?

2 Likes

Re: Infinix To Start Manufacturing Phones Using Snapdragon Chipset By Qualcomm. by Nobody: 9:34am On Aug 05, 2017
It's about time........
Re: Infinix To Start Manufacturing Phones Using Snapdragon Chipset By Qualcomm. by jaiyejina(m): 9:34am On Aug 05, 2017
tolexy123:
which of thr processors does ur bomb ass produce here?
and what is this THING quoting me, are you new here? Stay off my mentions if u can't bring your brain along pliz
Re: Infinix To Start Manufacturing Phones Using Snapdragon Chipset By Qualcomm. by beautydutch(f): 9:39am On Aug 05, 2017
celestialAgent:

#TeamIOS grin
it is not a bad idea if you buy iPhone and distribute to all "nairalanders"

1 Like

Re: Infinix To Start Manufacturing Phones Using Snapdragon Chipset By Qualcomm. by Xtianvic(m): 9:46am On Aug 05, 2017
Jesuspikin8:

to be honest, mediocrity should be your middle name. BTW if infinix meant good why dont they use MTK chips like X20, X27, X30. You probably have not used a good phone before. Tecno and infinix produce craps with very poor specs and sell to you at exobitant prices and you are happy to buy, when other are producing very good phones at affordable rate. Maybe you dont know any thing about phone specs.

1 Like

Re: Infinix To Start Manufacturing Phones Using Snapdragon Chipset By Qualcomm. by Freak101(f): 9:49am On Aug 05, 2017
celestialAgent:

#TeamIOS grin
no be everyone fit buy iPhone na...300,000naira phone or 150,000 phone...you wan kill me? grin I use itel P51 it costs 31,000...I'm okay with it abeg

2 Likes

Re: Infinix To Start Manufacturing Phones Using Snapdragon Chipset By Qualcomm. by Xtianvic(m): 9:50am On Aug 05, 2017
Norman4real:
Xiaomi has its presentce in India and China and it didnt shoot up their prices

2 Likes

Re: Infinix To Start Manufacturing Phones Using Snapdragon Chipset By Qualcomm. by Freak101(f): 9:50am On Aug 05, 2017
But I dont think this is a right move for infinix sha,,their phones go cost die
Re: Infinix To Start Manufacturing Phones Using Snapdragon Chipset By Qualcomm. by Freak101(f): 9:51am On Aug 05, 2017
beautydutch:
it is not a bad idea if you buy iPhone and distribute to all "nairalanders"
I agree with you sis...let him help our lives..
Re: Infinix To Start Manufacturing Phones Using Snapdragon Chipset By Qualcomm. by hustla(m): 9:54am On Aug 05, 2017
olaniyi0:
N95k for the 6GB RAM, d phone is a badass faster than superman

That's the phone that copied Xiaomi MI Mix
Re: Infinix To Start Manufacturing Phones Using Snapdragon Chipset By Qualcomm. by Xtianvic(m): 9:57am On Aug 05, 2017
Efostick:
They already used a SD chipset on HOT 3 LTE
they used SD 415 on that phone one of the poorest chip set in SD. Y not use 43* or come up to 625 or 810. They are probably cashing in on peoples ignorance i,e people who know no jack about phone,. Y dont they sell in China where those phones are manufactured? They know their tricks will be exposed. Thus coming to Africa to sell to the african man that despises knowledge
Re: Infinix To Start Manufacturing Phones Using Snapdragon Chipset By Qualcomm. by Nobody: 9:59am On Aug 05, 2017
And Samsung is contemplating making affordable phones with mtk, since Xiaomi has usurped it its highend market target. smiley
Re: Infinix To Start Manufacturing Phones Using Snapdragon Chipset By Qualcomm. by Nobody: 10:01am On Aug 05, 2017
Norman4real:
lol you don't get. we don't want their offices, employment or taxes just give us quality at affordable price lobatan.
Re: Infinix To Start Manufacturing Phones Using Snapdragon Chipset By Qualcomm. by Xtianvic(m): 10:06am On Aug 05, 2017
BarrElChapo:

how did you get it bro
come to THE XIAOMI THREAD in phone section

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Yahoo To Shut Down Blackberry App & Other Products / 5G License Auction: MTN, Mafab Communications Win Slots For $273m / Samsung Galaxy S9: Top 4 Future Expectations

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.