Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,791 members, 7,810,060 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:44 PM

Igbo Names And Their Funny Direct Translations - Culture (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Igbo Names And Their Funny Direct Translations (52572 Views)

Americans/Canadians Of Igbo Ancestry Storm Anambra, Get Igbo Names, Land / 60 Igbo Names & Their Meaning / Beautiful Igbo Names For Baby Boys And Girls (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Igbo Names And Their Funny Direct Translations by sukkot: 8:13am On Aug 06, 2017
Ngo40:

Brother,
Wow...are you serious....?
I would normally skip thus type of thread...but you can't speak evil on my name....no sir.
The devil is a liar.....
Stop letting him use you like this...to manifest hatred.
There is no "esoteric" meaning for my name...whatsoever.
You are dead wrong and you know it undecided

Hello Hunny. Nah This is not hatred. you will see some of the names have positive meanings so its not a hate campaign at all. It is what it is. That is the real meaning of the name Ngozi. You will find out people witt this name are afflicted and in pain and always some kind of trouble following them. does this description apply to you ? or is your life completely smooth sailing ?
Re: Igbo Names And Their Funny Direct Translations by Henrydboss: 9:00am On Aug 06, 2017
[quote author=youngdabold post=59190380]There are but they are not much and you know the system in Nigeria...u must have " conect" before you can be employed [/quot
Yes i knw but with God all things r possible

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Igbo Names And Their Funny Direct Translations by Nobody: 12:54pm On Aug 06, 2017
sukkot:
Hello Hunny. Nah This is not hatred. you will see some of the names have positive meanings so its not a hate campaign at all. It is what it is. That is the real meaning of the name Ngozi. You will find out people witt this name are afflicted and in pain and always some kind of trouble following them. does this description apply to you ? or is your life completely smooth sailing ?

Well to be honest and not to brag or sound arrogant, but I have been incredibly blessed...as my name means... in ways that have amaze me my entire life.
I seem to always have the opposite of pain, tribulation, and suffering.
I seem to always have mercy and grace following me.
Oftentimes (not all of the time), we make the choices that cause affliction...and I have done that repeatedly.
But God has been extremely good to me...in spite of..and I mean that smiley
I do wonder where you got that definition...cause I gave never ever heard that before..nor will I accept that.
You only had 1 name on that list whicg was positive.....hmmm.
Re: Igbo Names And Their Funny Direct Translations by sukkot: 12:59pm On Aug 06, 2017
Ngo40:

Well to be honest and not to brag or sound arrogant, but I have been incredibly blessed...as my name means... in ways that have amaze me my entire life.
I seem to always have the opposite of pain, tribulation, and suffering.
I seem to always have mercy and grace following me.
Oftentimes (not all of the time), we make the choices that cause affliction...and I have done that repeatedly.
But God has been extremely good to me...in spite of..and I mean that smiley
I do wonder where you got that definition...cause I gave never ever heard that before..nor will I accept that.
You only had 1 name on that list whicg was positive.....hmmm.
nah about 3 was positive. and well if all you described is true then maybe you are the exception but that is the esoteric meaning of the name. but i am happy for you though wink
Re: Igbo Names And Their Funny Direct Translations by CirocBoi(m): 1:42pm On Aug 25, 2017
melodyirish:
Ur too dump
You can't spell "dumb" after if i call u a bastarddd which you really are you would want to challange me,.... What do you even teach your students in that puff puff sch that u teach food and nutrition, look at your necklace bloody gay you eant to strangle yourself eith your necklace before poverty will strangle you, anyway know this mr slowpoke it won't work you willl live to suffer like your father, grand father, great grandfather who used an innocent girl for ritual. It will l never be well with you, bloody bastardd
Re: Igbo Names And Their Funny Direct Translations by CirocBoi(m): 1:43pm On Aug 25, 2017
melodyirish:
Ur too dump
You can't spell "dumb" after if i call u a bastarddd which you really are you would want to challange me,.... What do you even teach your students in that puff puff sch that u teach food and nutrition, look at your necklace bloody gay you eant to strangle yourself eith your necklace before poverty will strange you, anyway know this mr slowpoke it won't work you willl live to suffer like your father, grand father, great grandfather who used an innocent girl for ritual. It will l never be well with you, bloody bastardd
Re: Igbo Names And Their Funny Direct Translations by jclassiq(m): 1:03am On Sep 10, 2020
KendrickAyomide:
what about NwaAmaikpe ?

Convicted or condemned child.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Edo State Proverbs In All Dialects With Translation(s) / Lady Passes Out, As Masquerades Flog Her In The East (Photos) / Mujidat Alagbada, Olubadan's Daughter Dies In Auto Crash

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.