Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,160 members, 7,815,035 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:44 AM

BITSWORKS PROJECT MEMOIRS: Construction Of 4 Units Of 2 Bedrooms Flat Mowo Nla - Properties (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / BITSWORKS PROJECT MEMOIRS: Construction Of 4 Units Of 2 Bedrooms Flat Mowo Nla (8975 Views)

Bitsworks Project Memoirs: Construction Of A Church Auditorium Surulere Lagos / BITSWORKS PROJECT MEMOIRS: Construction Of 4 Units Of 2 Bedrooms Flat Mowo Ikrd / Bitsworks Project Memoirs: Construction Of 4 Units Of 2 Bedrooms Flat Ikorodu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: BITSWORKS PROJECT MEMOIRS: Construction Of 4 Units Of 2 Bedrooms Flat Mowo Nla by BITSWORKS: 10:25pm On Jul 25, 2018
German floor casting concluded.

Re: BITSWORKS PROJECT MEMOIRS: Construction Of 4 Units Of 2 Bedrooms Flat Mowo Nla by BITSWORKS: 7:02am On Jul 26, 2018
We started the block setting for the ground floor on Wednesday 25th July. Laying out the first coach blockwork to show the spatial arrangement.

Re: BITSWORKS PROJECT MEMOIRS: Construction Of 4 Units Of 2 Bedrooms Flat Mowo Nla by seunben(m): 7:27pm On Jul 26, 2018
BITSWORKS:

Thank you. For the material, we did a bulk purchase of most of the materials used but I will try and do a breakdown based on usage
1. Granite - We purchased 30 tons and probably used close to 20 tons for the short pillars and german floor
2. Sharp sand - We purchased 20 tons and used it up, what's left is just little.
3. Cement - We used 82 bags using a mix ratio of 1:2:4
Thank u for the analysis
Re: BITSWORKS PROJECT MEMOIRS: Construction Of 4 Units Of 2 Bedrooms Flat Mowo Nla by BITSWORKS: 5:44am On Jul 27, 2018
Block setting layout.

Re: BITSWORKS PROJECT MEMOIRS: Construction Of 4 Units Of 2 Bedrooms Flat Mowo Nla by BITSWORKS: 1:05pm On Jul 27, 2018
Block setting in motion, slow, steady and neat...thats how we do it.

1 Like

Re: BITSWORKS PROJECT MEMOIRS: Construction Of 4 Units Of 2 Bedrooms Flat Mowo Nla by BITSWORKS: 6:09am On Jul 28, 2018
Block setting ongoing.

1 Like

Re: BITSWORKS PROJECT MEMOIRS: Construction Of 4 Units Of 2 Bedrooms Flat Mowo Nla by seunben(m): 4:19am On Jul 30, 2018
BITSWORKS:
Front half of the german floor casting completed.
You have been very honest with ur answers. God bless you sir.
Was the german floor was done in stages over a period of more than one day?
Secondly if u don't mind what is the total size and cost of the damp proof membrane (nylon)
Re: BITSWORKS PROJECT MEMOIRS: Construction Of 4 Units Of 2 Bedrooms Flat Mowo Nla by BITSWORKS: 3:21pm On Aug 01, 2018
Block setting getting to lintel level gradually.

1 Like

Re: BITSWORKS PROJECT MEMOIRS: Construction Of 4 Units Of 2 Bedrooms Flat Mowo Nla by BITSWORKS: 3:01pm On Aug 04, 2018
seunben:

You have been very honest with ur answers. God bless you sir.
Was the german floor was done in stages over a period of more than one day?
Secondly if u don't mind what is the total size and cost of the damp proof membrane (nylon)

Apologies for the late response, have been a bit busy lately.
Yes, the german floor was casted in 2 stages since we had a step down level from the foundation work, that made it easy to cast it over 2 days.

The size of the german floor is 9.5m x 26.5m and the DPM material covered this. We bought 4 rolls of double layer nylon unlike the black one readily available in the market that comes in small sizes. I will have to check the nylon wrapper to get the coverage of one roll which is in grams anyway.
Re: BITSWORKS PROJECT MEMOIRS: Construction Of 4 Units Of 2 Bedrooms Flat Mowo Nla by BITSWORKS: 3:31pm On Aug 04, 2018
Lintel level achieved, almost 100% done but we will definitely wrap it up today to begin the carpentry formwork next week.

1 Like

Re: BITSWORKS PROJECT MEMOIRS: Construction Of 4 Units Of 2 Bedrooms Flat Mowo Nla by seunben(m): 8:17am On Aug 05, 2018
BITSWORKS:

Apologies for the late response, have been a bit busy lately.
Yes, the german floor was casted in 2 stages since we had a step down level from the foundation work, that made it easy to cast it over 2 days.

The size of the german floor is 9.5m x 26.5m and the DPM material covered this. We bought 4 rolls of double layer nylon unlike the black one readily available in the market that comes in small sizes. I will have to check the nylon wrapper to get the coverage of one roll which is in grams anyway.
Thank u sir for the prompt response
Re: BITSWORKS PROJECT MEMOIRS: Construction Of 4 Units Of 2 Bedrooms Flat Mowo Nla by BITSWORKS: 2:56pm On Aug 05, 2018
More block setting pictures at lintel level.

1 Like

Re: BITSWORKS PROJECT MEMOIRS: Construction Of 4 Units Of 2 Bedrooms Flat Mowo Nla by BITSWORKS: 6:16am On Aug 08, 2018
Aerial shots of ongoing construction.

Re: BITSWORKS PROJECT MEMOIRS: Construction Of 4 Units Of 2 Bedrooms Flat Mowo Nla by BITSWORKS: 3:02am On Aug 10, 2018
Carpentry formwork for the lintels and columns ongoing.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: BITSWORKS PROJECT MEMOIRS: Construction Of 4 Units Of 2 Bedrooms Flat Mowo Nla by Nobody: 3:41am On Aug 10, 2018
How are you getting the aerial pictures?

Thanks.
Re: BITSWORKS PROJECT MEMOIRS: Construction Of 4 Units Of 2 Bedrooms Flat Mowo Nla by BITSWORKS: 8:25am On Aug 13, 2018
Casting of the columns, beams and lintels.

Re: BITSWORKS PROJECT MEMOIRS: Construction Of 4 Units Of 2 Bedrooms Flat Mowo Nla by BITSWORKS: 11:38am On Aug 13, 2018
EgunMogaji:
How are you getting the aerial pictures?

Thanks.

I own and pilot a DJI Phantom drone for my projects and for commercial rentals. How are you doing sir.

3 Likes

Re: BITSWORKS PROJECT MEMOIRS: Construction Of 4 Units Of 2 Bedrooms Flat Mowo Nla by BITSWORKS: 11:41am On Aug 13, 2018
Drone shots from BITSWORKS ONE.

1 Like

Re: BITSWORKS PROJECT MEMOIRS: Construction Of 4 Units Of 2 Bedrooms Flat Mowo Nla by Nobody: 2:07pm On Aug 13, 2018
BITSWORKS:

I own and pilot a DJI Phantom drone for my projects and for commercial rentals. How are you doing sir.

Oh, that’s really nice. I’m doing really good Sir, thanks for asking.

Did you ever get consent to post the plans? I’ll love to read them.
Re: BITSWORKS PROJECT MEMOIRS: Construction Of 4 Units Of 2 Bedrooms Flat Mowo Nla by UncleRovas(m): 11:59pm On Aug 18, 2018
This plan is just perfect for me. Nice job BITSWORKS
Re: BITSWORKS PROJECT MEMOIRS: Construction Of 4 Units Of 2 Bedrooms Flat Mowo Nla by BITSWORKS: 7:17pm On Aug 20, 2018
EgunMogaji:

Oh, that’s really nice. I’m doing really good Sir, thanks for asking.

Did you ever get consent to post the plans? I’ll love to read them.

Yes, the client has given us a go ahead and I will post it ASAP.

1 Like

Re: BITSWORKS PROJECT MEMOIRS: Construction Of 4 Units Of 2 Bedrooms Flat Mowo Nla by BITSWORKS: 7:19pm On Aug 20, 2018
UncleRovas:
This plan is just perfect for me. Nice job BITSWORKS

Thank you sir. Regards.
Re: BITSWORKS PROJECT MEMOIRS: Construction Of 4 Units Of 2 Bedrooms Flat Mowo Nla by jp130(m): 8:06pm On Aug 20, 2018
Nice n neat work that u r doing here, i feel like i am d owner of d work. My dream will com to pass someday

1 Like

Re: BITSWORKS PROJECT MEMOIRS: Construction Of 4 Units Of 2 Bedrooms Flat Mowo Nla by Nobody: 8:43pm On Aug 20, 2018
BITSWORKS:

Yes, the client has given us a go ahead and I will post it ASAP.

Excellent, thank you Sir.
Re: BITSWORKS PROJECT MEMOIRS: Construction Of 4 Units Of 2 Bedrooms Flat Mowo Nla by Nobody: 8:45pm On Aug 20, 2018
jp130:
Nice n neat work that u r doing here, i feel like i am d owner of d work. My dream will com to pass someday

You will build bigger than this Insha Allah!

It motivates me when I see artisans that take pride in their work. The bricklayers are wizards.
Re: BITSWORKS PROJECT MEMOIRS: Construction Of 4 Units Of 2 Bedrooms Flat Mowo Nla by BITSWORKS: 7:41am On Aug 21, 2018
jp130:

Thank you sir for the kind words. You will definitely build yours and we will be at your service if you need us.
Re: BITSWORKS PROJECT MEMOIRS: Construction Of 4 Units Of 2 Bedrooms Flat Mowo Nla by BITSWORKS: 7:49am On Aug 21, 2018
Casting of the front unit lintels, beams and columns. To save cost, we are using the planks from the rear unit for the formwork and that is why it took a bit of a while.

Re: BITSWORKS PROJECT MEMOIRS: Construction Of 4 Units Of 2 Bedrooms Flat Mowo Nla by BITSWORKS: 8:04am On Aug 21, 2018
The architectural drawings showing:
1. Ground floor plan
2. First floor plan
3. Front Elevation

2 Likes

Re: BITSWORKS PROJECT MEMOIRS: Construction Of 4 Units Of 2 Bedrooms Flat Mowo Nla by jp130(m): 8:17am On Aug 24, 2018
Oga any update so far?
Re: BITSWORKS PROJECT MEMOIRS: Construction Of 4 Units Of 2 Bedrooms Flat Mowo Nla by seunben(m): 2:55am On Aug 30, 2018
Excluding blocks used for foundation, what is the total number of blocks used so far for the ground floor. Also, how many blocks are you estimating for the first floor.
Re: BITSWORKS PROJECT MEMOIRS: Construction Of 4 Units Of 2 Bedrooms Flat Mowo Nla by BITSWORKS: 4:49am On Sep 06, 2018
jp130:
Oga any update so far?

Apologies for the long hiatus, I have been a bit under the weather. We have taken levels and set for the decking work.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Cost Of Building Materials In Nigeria / Painting Of A Nairalander's 5 Bedroom Duplex at Iyana Ipaja Lagos. / Who Repairs A Damaged Apartment? Landlord or Tenant?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.