Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,335 members, 7,811,977 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:43 AM

Saraki Declares: Buhari & Prof. Osinbajo Cannot Stop My Next Move - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Saraki Declares: Buhari & Prof. Osinbajo Cannot Stop My Next Move (1620 Views)

IPOB Declares Buhari Missing In Japan, Presidency Reacts / PDP kicks, calls for a rerun as INEC declares Buhari winner / Aisha Yesufu: "President Buhari Must Resign! Osinbajo Cannot Do Anything" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Saraki Declares: Buhari & Prof. Osinbajo Cannot Stop My Next Move by exlinklodge: 5:06pm On Aug 04, 2017
Saraki Declares: Buhari And His Vice, Acting President Osinbajo Cannot Stop My Next Move

The Nigeria Senate President, Bukola Saraki said in a statement today that the likely refusal of President Muhammadu Buhari or his Vice, Acting President, Yemi Osinbajo, cannot stop the final process of amendment of the Constitution, according to a report on Post-Nigeria.

The Senate President, revealed that it was with conviction on that, that the 8th National Assembly approved the removal of Presidential assent to an amended the Constitution. Recall, that the 7th Assembly had in 2015, while reviewing the 1999 Constitution, approved the removal of Presidential assent from the process of the amendment.

However, Saraki said going by the process of amending the Constitution, the final decision of Federal and State Legislatures, should be seen as the decision of the people.

“Well, to me, if two-thirds of the National Assembly agree to something, and two-thirds of the State Assemblies also agree, in my view, the President should accept that as the wish of the people. “Does he really need to assent? Personally, I don’t think so; that is my personal view, because with two-third of National Assembly, two-third of State Assemblies, the people have spoken”, he said.

Saraki added that, the Senate would follow up on the amendment process in the States, to ensure that there was wide consultation and sensitisation.

more @ http://www.exlinklodge.com/2017/08/saraki-declares-buhari-and-his-vice.html

cc lalasticlala

Re: Saraki Declares: Buhari & Prof. Osinbajo Cannot Stop My Next Move by Luckylife(m): 5:08pm On Aug 04, 2017
OK
Re: Saraki Declares: Buhari & Prof. Osinbajo Cannot Stop My Next Move by babyfaceafrica: 5:11pm On Aug 04, 2017
Super story
Re: Saraki Declares: Buhari & Prof. Osinbajo Cannot Stop My Next Move by kufre2010: 5:17pm On Aug 04, 2017
Re: Saraki Declares: Buhari & Prof. Osinbajo Cannot Stop My Next Move by Larwin(m): 5:30pm On Aug 04, 2017
Smh

Re: Saraki Declares: Buhari & Prof. Osinbajo Cannot Stop My Next Move by sagerasaq: 5:43pm On Aug 04, 2017
Buhari's illness started d day he decided openly to go after Saraki!!! D guy Jazz Badt gan!!! He go talk and do and Naija go just dy look like MUMUS
Re: Saraki Declares: Buhari & Prof. Osinbajo Cannot Stop My Next Move by Jj222(f): 5:54pm On Aug 04, 2017
no be lie my man.
Re: Saraki Declares: Buhari & Prof. Osinbajo Cannot Stop My Next Move by ekesimo(m): 6:06pm On Aug 04, 2017
saraki should just watch his utterances. He doesn't know the next move that might be played on him.
Re: Saraki Declares: Buhari & Prof. Osinbajo Cannot Stop My Next Move by Nobody: 7:02pm On Aug 04, 2017
The refusal of Nigerians to read is being taken too far by bloggers and news editors

The topic has nothing to do with the body

Quite misleading
Re: Saraki Declares: Buhari & Prof. Osinbajo Cannot Stop My Next Move by Nobody: 7:09pm On Aug 04, 2017
Responding to the body of the message I disagree with the senate on this one.

Presidential assent is necessary to maintain the separation of power in a democracy

The veto rights of the President must be maintained.

However in cases where a bill is supported by overwhelming majority, let's say 75% support of NASS. The President should still be given the courtesy to assent but if he does not then the NASS goes ahead to pass it into law.

For example, Donald trump just this week had to sign the Russia sanctions bill against his own views because the bill enjoys high majority in congress. If he veto then congress would have been able to override his veto purely because of the overwhelming support.

However the veto right of the president should not be taken away!

We don't want Executive dictatorship nor legislative dictatorship!

(1) (Reply)

Nnamdi Kanu Is Funded By The DSS – Ralph Uwazuruike / Akwa Ibom List Of Successful Councillorship Candidates For PDP / GEJ, IBB In Closed-door Meeting In Minna

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.