Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,936 members, 7,817,727 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:07 PM

Patrick Edet, Resigned Catholic Priest: I Want To Go To Heaven When I Die - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Patrick Edet, Resigned Catholic Priest: I Want To Go To Heaven When I Die (43940 Views)

Inyene Sampson Akpan Is Patrick Edet's Wife-To-Be (Photos) / Patrick Edet Launches Grace Family Outreach, His Own Church In Uyo / Catholic Church Excommunicates Rev. Patrick Edet Who Quit Priesthood (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Patrick Edet, Resigned Catholic Priest: I Want To Go To Heaven When I Die by iSpread(m): 1:05pm On Aug 06, 2017
What a word... #All about Jesus #100% Jesus
Re: Patrick Edet, Resigned Catholic Priest: I Want To Go To Heaven When I Die by Empredboy(m): 1:06pm On Aug 06, 2017
An2elect2:
Stale. We all know Catholics hate the true God, the Bible and are on their way to hell.

what's new?

you again? Always talking without fact
Re: Patrick Edet, Resigned Catholic Priest: I Want To Go To Heaven When I Die by wordsmith042(m): 1:08pm On Aug 06, 2017
obicentlis:
Mr Edeth, you are not the first priest to resign from The Church and you can't be the last. Your arrogance to the authority is what led you out. The church is structured in humility and obedience, whoever that lacks this, can't be a leader. You are not greater than Fr. Mbaka and can't be greater than other priests with special grace that are still under the authority of their Bishops.

BTW, none forced you to be a priest, if not for anything, appreciate the church that gave you a ladder.
. you are just.. what I don't know, gerrawt from here
Re: Patrick Edet, Resigned Catholic Priest: I Want To Go To Heaven When I Die by An2elect2(f): 1:09pm On Aug 06, 2017
adetayo234:

Do you have any evidence that the catholic church regards any other book above the Bible? Be sensible enough to provide an answer
Catholic traditionsssss
Re: Patrick Edet, Resigned Catholic Priest: I Want To Go To Heaven When I Die by Nigeriadondie: 1:10pm On Aug 06, 2017
The guy resign so as to enjoy d sweetness of kpekus. He is tired of celibacy
Re: Patrick Edet, Resigned Catholic Priest: I Want To Go To Heaven When I Die by An2elect2(f): 1:10pm On Aug 06, 2017
Empredboy:
you again? Always talking without fact
Wait for it... we would see who had all the facts soon wink
Re: Patrick Edet, Resigned Catholic Priest: I Want To Go To Heaven When I Die by adetayo234: 1:21pm On Aug 06, 2017
An2elect2:
Catholic traditionsssss

Do you know the menajng of tradition at all? It means constitution. And constitutions are instructions/ways of life laid down by church authorities for church members to follow. At times, it will be from the scriptures; at other times, it will be from inspiration.

Do you think your church doesn't have a tradition/ doctrine/constitution/instructions? If you don't know, then you have a very big problem. And do you think all those instructions given in your church would be derived from the scriptures? No! Some will be derived from the scriptures and some from inspiration, and some from your GO's personal opinion

Do you think every thing apostle Paul said was received as instructions from heaven? No; some of the things he said are also from personal opinions and inspirations.

Take for example in the redeemed church; pastor adeboye said girls in his church must not marry a man without a Job or living with his parents. Is that kind of instruction related to the bible? No. He got it from inspiration and personal opinion.

So if other churches have instructions/doctrines/constitutions/traditions that are not in line with the Bible, why do you guys only focus on the Catholic church and leave other churches out? Aren't yyou hypocritical?

2 Likes

Re: Patrick Edet, Resigned Catholic Priest: I Want To Go To Heaven When I Die by An2elect2(f): 1:30pm On Aug 06, 2017
adetayo234:

Do you know the menajng of tradition at all? It means constitution. And constitutions are instructions/ways of life laid down by church authorities for church members to follow. At times, it will be from the scriptures; at other times, it will be from inspiration.

Do you think your church doesn't have a tradition/ doctrine/constitution/instructions? If you don't know, then you have a very big problem. And do you think all those instructions given in your church would be derived from the scriptures? No! Some will be derived from the scriptures and some from inspiration, and some from your GO's personal opinion

Do you think every thing apostle Paul said was received as instructions from heaven? No; some of the things he said are also from personal opinions and inspirations.

Take for example in the redeemed church; pastor adeboye said girls in his church must not marry a man without a Job or living with his parents. Is that kind of instruction related to the bible? No. He got it from inspiration and personal opinion.

So if other churches have instructions/doctrines/constitutions/traditions that are not in line with the Bible, why do you guys only focus on the Catholic church and leave other churches out? Aren't yyou hypocritical?

You mean traditions like praying to one Mary, dead "saints" and angels that have no biblical support?

Making images of God and bowing to them?

Collecting money from poor widows to get their loved ones out of "purgatory" ?

Calling a man, God's representative on earth and giving him power over all of you? etc

Not too fast, I hate other so called churches as much as yours. I am not affiliated to any organised whoredom. I am free in Christ and walking in that liberty smiley

1 Like

Re: Patrick Edet, Resigned Catholic Priest: I Want To Go To Heaven When I Die by ocelot2006(m): 1:34pm On Aug 06, 2017
GreatUniben:
There are other priests that wants to leave too. If the church is not careful more priests will leave before the end of this year. The Catholic Church no more pay attention to its people and priests, the church now pay attention to more money and the priests pay attention to luxury. There are still many more priests like Rev. Edet that is nursing that same idea. We pray for our priests and religious that God will make them more holy and know the essence of their calling through Christ our Lord.

Hold up....the Priests pay attention to luxury?? If there's one thing I know about the Priesthood, it's that Luxury is NOT a priority. EVERY priest I've known, from the Junior Serminary to the various Parishes, lives a modest life. I'm not saying that all are angels, but compared to a considerable number of pastors & other clergymen I think the Catholic Priesthood is doing quite well when it comes to modesty.
Re: Patrick Edet, Resigned Catholic Priest: I Want To Go To Heaven When I Die by linearity: 1:35pm On Aug 06, 2017
obicentlis:
Mr Edeth, you are not the first priest to resign from The Church and you can't be the last. Your arrogance to the authority is what led you out. The church is structured in humility and obedience, whoever that lacks this, can't be a leader. You are not greater than Fr. Mbaka and can't be greater than other priests with special grace that are still under the authority of their Bishops.

BTW, none forced you to be a priest, if not for anything, appreciate the church that gave you a ladder.

I can see why the guy left, my guess is that you some type of God, who had already weighed and measured this guy's ministry and concluded not only that, he is less than some other ministers, but can't be greater than those ministers.

You are truly full or your arrogant self. You are not God who called him, it is only a fool who opens his/her mouth and utter things they know nothing about.

The Apostles were not under any type of organized religion. The major problem we have in the world today is organized religion. Religion or been religious does nobody any good and does not take anyone to heaven. The only organized religion in the Bible akin to the one you mentioned to which, you indicated that, this guy should submit to are the Scribes & Pharisees in the Bible...And I guess you know what Jesus told them!

These are the seven Curses Jesus placed on them:

1. They taught about God but did not love God — they did not enter the kingdom of heaven themselves, nor did they let others enter.(Matt 23:14)

2. They preached God but converted people to dead religion, thus making those converts twice as much sons of hell as they themselves were. (Matt 23:15)

3. They taught that an oath sworn by the temple or altar was not binding, but that if sworn by the gold ornamentation of the temple, or by a sacrificial gift on the altar, it was binding. The gold and gifts, however, were not sacred in themselves as the temple and altar were, but derived a measure of lesser sacredness by being connected to the temple or altar. The teachers and Pharisees worshiped at the temple and offered sacrifices at the altar because they knew that the temple and altar were sacred. How then could they deny oath-binding value to what was truly sacred and accord it to objects of trivial and derived sacredness? (Matt 23:16-22)

4. They taught the law but did not practice some of the most important parts of the law — justice, mercy, faithfulness to God. They obeyed the minutiae of the law such as tithing spices but not the weightier matters of the law. (Matt 23:23-24)

5. They presented an appearance of being 'clean' (self-restrained, not involved in carnal matters), yet they were dirty inside: they seethed with hidden worldly desires, carnality. They were full of greed and self-indulgence. (Matt 23:25-26)

6. They exhibited themselves as righteous on account of being scrupulous keepers of the law, but were in fact not righteous: their mask of righteousness hid a secret inner world of ungodly thoughts and feelings. They were full of wickedness. They were like whitewashed tombs, beautiful on the outside, but full of dead men's bones. (Matt 23:27-28)

7. They professed a high regard for the dead prophets of old, and claimed that they would never have persecuted and murdered prophets, when in fact they were cut from the same cloth as the persecutors and murderers: they too had murderous blood in their veins (This "woe" foreshadows the Pharisees' eventual condemnation of Jesus himself, as well.) (Matt 23:29-36)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Woes_of_the_Pharisees
Re: Patrick Edet, Resigned Catholic Priest: I Want To Go To Heaven When I Die by Cassie74: 1:40pm On Aug 06, 2017
An2elect2:
John 7:24

Judge not according to the appearance, but judge righteous judgment.

Only God can judge righteous judgment because he's the only righteous one....by the way...u judged by what u think u know or see....sending people to hell fire isn't a righteous judgement.....cheers
Re: Patrick Edet, Resigned Catholic Priest: I Want To Go To Heaven When I Die by ocelot2006(m): 1:40pm On Aug 06, 2017
parrotchick:
I never did like catholic churches, they bear too much resemblance with ancient religions and practises. and I can quote a 1001 verses in the bible that proves my point. But who am I to judge? congrats to the Edet man

You just judged the Catholic Church. It's not like your own denomination is any holier with it's superstar pastors who buy private jets and luxury cars with your tithes. Hallelujah.
Re: Patrick Edet, Resigned Catholic Priest: I Want To Go To Heaven When I Die by Aragon: 1:43pm On Aug 06, 2017
obicentlis:

Did you even take your time to read what he said and Digest ? Though I am not a Priest, but I have been of the same opinion as him for a very long time. I was born and raised a Catholic and was so in Love with the Catholic church as a Teenager that my Friends use to call me "Father" When I travelled out of Nigeria, I started Researching everything. I had access to so many info and materials that I never had in Nigeria. I want to know for Myself and not what anyone told me so I Researched the Catholic church, Jehovah Witness, Mormon, a bit of Islam, Hindu, Buddhist....etc

As a Christian I found out CHRIST has just ONE Church (A group of believers in God through him) Man created the different denominations and not Christ. So I no longer believe in that. I can now worship and fellowship with any Gathering where the Pure Gospel of Christ is Preached be it Anglican, Pentecostal or Catholic. Things that are not in tune with the Gospel of Christ, I reject and don't accept it and only concentrate on the teachings of Christ and not man made laws that keeps us in Bondage. Christ has given us Free DIRECT access to God through him and that's all we need. I understand this Priest very much! May God continue to minister to him. No Christian should feel like they are in Bondage and no Christian should be in LOVE with their DENOMINATION but rather we make God and his Christ our center of attraction. Bless

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Patrick Edet, Resigned Catholic Priest: I Want To Go To Heaven When I Die by Nobody: 1:46pm On Aug 06, 2017
YelloweWest:
This is where I disagree with a lot of Christians.

Heaven is not dependent on the church domination where u worship.

Making heaven is all about your personal relationship with Christ.
Exactly. No church in heaven

1 Like

Re: Patrick Edet, Resigned Catholic Priest: I Want To Go To Heaven When I Die by Nobody: 1:47pm On Aug 06, 2017
obicentlis:

He made the best decision to leave the Catholic church.

1 Like

Re: Patrick Edet, Resigned Catholic Priest: I Want To Go To Heaven When I Die by Nobody: 1:49pm On Aug 06, 2017
compressordaf:
You heard them, He now runs a small outreach ,which means he wants to be like TB Joshua them Adeboye etc, he really want to own private jets!!
wish him well though, Catholic is a church with oder and hierarchy, if he thinks he can't abide, its a free world, let him Quit !!

God bless the church!
He left the church for personal reason which is to make heaven.
Re: Patrick Edet, Resigned Catholic Priest: I Want To Go To Heaven When I Die by An2elect2(f): 1:50pm On Aug 06, 2017
Cassie74:

Only God can judge righteous judgment because he's the only righteous one....by the way...u judged by what u think u know or see....sending people to hell fire isn't a righteous judgement.....cheers

Saying people are on their way to destruction is the same as sending them there? Okay you don't like all these Spiritual things that we say what about common sense?

If people reject God's Word where would they end up?

Jesus told His disciples
John 7:24
Judge not according to the appearance, but judge righteous judgment.
Re: Patrick Edet, Resigned Catholic Priest: I Want To Go To Heaven When I Die by Nobody: 1:51pm On Aug 06, 2017
IMASTEX:
I see no significant difference between denominations. Accept for the fact that he can't get married as a priest. Love God and love your neighborhood simple.
There's a huge different between Catholic church and other denominations. As the one stated by you, idolatry has being an issue there no matter how they twist it.Am very such that was why the priest left
Re: Patrick Edet, Resigned Catholic Priest: I Want To Go To Heaven When I Die by gidjah(m): 1:54pm On Aug 06, 2017
chilewenwam:
[b]I want to go to heaven when I die, in this context means[b] there is a life He wants to live but being a Catholic Priest restrict him from living it eg of live Priest can't live is having a wife. And He saying that He feels guilt whenever He lives the life tells you its something "Unpriestly"
Let God be the Judge
that great priest has caught another level of light that the catholic system can not decipher o, for him to break away from that fallow around, he must leave the catholic system, they won't be able to contain him, there ls level of light one gets that will cause him to wanna break away for the benefit of posterity . I know that priest, his level of anointing has grown over time,
Re: Patrick Edet, Resigned Catholic Priest: I Want To Go To Heaven When I Die by ocelot2006(m): 1:54pm On Aug 06, 2017
An2elect2:

You mean traditions like praying to one Mary, dead "saints" and angels that have no biblical support?

Calling a man, God's representative on earth and giving him power over all of you? etc

Not too fast, I hate other so called churches as much as yours. I am not affiliated to any organised whoredom. I am free in Christ and walking in that liberty smiley

I'm Catholic, but I don't recall bowing down/ worshipping Mary and the Saints of old. But hey, please do tell us where this is stated in our doctrine.

I sure as hell don't know of any instance where it is demanded by the church for parishioners, especially the poor, to offer alms to excape purgatory. I know the usual church offerings after the sermons, payment of monthly tithes, and contributions to charity groups like St. Vincent De Paul (for the less privileged) or other church projects. Oh btw, they are NOT COMPULSORY. But hey do tell us more about this "compulsory purgatory contribution", oh yes expert on the "evil" Catholic Church.

Oh btw, your pastorprenuer needs a new jet....for the Lord's work ofcourse
Re: Patrick Edet, Resigned Catholic Priest: I Want To Go To Heaven When I Die by girl4rmspace(f): 1:55pm On Aug 06, 2017
An2elect2:
Stale. We all know Catholics hate the true God, the Bible and are on their way to hell.

what's new?

This is a stupid post and u know it
Re: Patrick Edet, Resigned Catholic Priest: I Want To Go To Heaven When I Die by An2elect2(f): 1:57pm On Aug 06, 2017
ocelot2006:

I'm Catholic, but I don't recall bowing down/ worshipping Mary and the Saints of old. But hey, please do tell us where this is stated in our doctrine.

I sure as hell don't know of any instance where it is demanded by the church for parishioners, especially the poor, to offer alms to excape purgatory. I know the usual church offerings after the sermons, payment of monthly tithes, and contributions to charity groups like St. Vincent De Paul (for the less privileged) or other church projects. Oh btw, they are NOT COMPULSORY. But hey do tell us more about this "compulsory purgatory contribution", oh yes expert on the "evil" Catholic Church.

Oh btw, your pastorprenuer needs a new jet....for the Lord's work ofcourse
Calm down and think. Remember what is at stake, your soul. You just typed in confusion to win.

1 Like

Re: Patrick Edet, Resigned Catholic Priest: I Want To Go To Heaven When I Die by Themandator: 1:58pm On Aug 06, 2017
chilewenwam:
[b]I want to go to heaven when I die, in this context means[b] there is a life He wants to live but being a Catholic Priest restrict him from living it eg of live Priest can't live is having a wife. And He saying that He feels guilt whenever He lives the life tells you its something "Unpriestly"
Let God be the Judge

You mean you left the more important thing he said to manufacture your own.... He said...As a priest, a box is built for you to fit into and any attempt to know God beyond the prescribed one brings you in direct conflict with the catholic church ... He already dealt with the issue of wife when he said he didn't give up marriage for a remote controlled religion ...You mongo see that part
Re: Patrick Edet, Resigned Catholic Priest: I Want To Go To Heaven When I Die by An2elect2(f): 1:59pm On Aug 06, 2017
girl4rmspace:

This is a stupid post and u know it
I know what I'm saying. I gave up my good friends because of what I know.

Truth is like treasure, when you find it you will sell everything to keep it
Re: Patrick Edet, Resigned Catholic Priest: I Want To Go To Heaven When I Die by ocelot2006(m): 2:03pm On Aug 06, 2017
An2elect2:
Calm down and think. Remember what is at stake, your soul. You just typed in confusion to win.

Oh please stow that crap. That's the problem with folks like you who probably haven't even stepped into a Catholic church before. You go around peddling outright lies about a Christian denomination you know little or nothing about, yet you think you're holier than us, or even a Christian??
Re: Patrick Edet, Resigned Catholic Priest: I Want To Go To Heaven When I Die by tooclean(m): 2:03pm On Aug 06, 2017
Bros, if u want go open ur church be fast abt it, cos nobody dey hold u, and stop disturbing us in our faith.
Re: Patrick Edet, Resigned Catholic Priest: I Want To Go To Heaven When I Die by orunto27: 2:04pm On Aug 06, 2017
He's a Fraud.
Re: Patrick Edet, Resigned Catholic Priest: I Want To Go To Heaven When I Die by An2elect2(f): 2:11pm On Aug 06, 2017
ocelot2006:

Oh please stow that crap. That's the problem with folks like you who probably haven't even stepped into a Catholic church before. You go around peddling outright lies about a Christian denomination you know little or nothing about, yet you think you're holier than us, or even a Christian??
Calm down I say. I was born into a Catholic home. Baptised, went for catechism classes to start receiving holy communion, also got confirmed by Bishop Ignatius Kaigama, the then bishop of the state I was residing in. Joined Legion of Mary. But God had mercy on me even in my ignorance and hatred for anything non-catholic. God birthed me again. Do you know a Christian is one who must be born the second time?
Re: Patrick Edet, Resigned Catholic Priest: I Want To Go To Heaven When I Die by EvangelistNdudi(m): 2:13pm On Aug 06, 2017
Integrityfarms:

My joy would be boundless when God in his infinite mercies will recall this day for us, as I look forward to meeting you in the pearly gates of heaven, when we cross the other side...
by God's grace, nothing will hinder us from entering through that glorious gate
at the same time brother, let's be vigilant because this is the end time
Re: Patrick Edet, Resigned Catholic Priest: I Want To Go To Heaven When I Die by YelloweWest: 2:14pm On Aug 06, 2017
obaoyedotun:
If you are a Catholic there are somethings written in the bible that they don't believe in and you are restricted to a point you can't enjoy the fullness of your power as a believer
What might that be??
Re: Patrick Edet, Resigned Catholic Priest: I Want To Go To Heaven When I Die by adetayo234: 2:26pm On Aug 06, 2017
An2elect2:

Do you know that the saints who died in Christ and were Godly on earth before they died are NOT DEAD? Yes, they are FULLY ALIVE in heaven and they are watching everything happening on earth. So, only a man devoid of knowledge will say Mary and the saints are dead.

Do you ever ask your earthly pastor to pray for you? Do you know that your earthly pastor is subject to like passion as yourself? Do you know these saints in heaven, who are also fully alive, can speak to God on your behalf? If you don't know, then you haven't been fellowshipping with your Bible, but you have subjected and limited your christian kmwledge to hearsays and what your pastor tells you, forgetting that pastors are not perfect preachers.

If you condemn catholics for making images, then you can start condeming God for asking the isrealites to make image of snake in the wilderness (SNAKE of all animals in the world!) He also commanded them to look up at the snake before they can get healing from snake bite. He expressly stated that "whoever look up to the snake (graven image) shall be healed."

Doesn't your church collect money from both the rich and the poor? where did your churches get money to buy personal jet for GOs if not from money contributed by the poor widows in your church? I challenge you to give an answer.

Don't you call your GO God's representative on earth? The other day when apostle Suleiman was accused of adultery, were you not ready to lay down your lives to defend him? Don't you all In your churches see your GOs as God's representatives on earth
I challenge you to deny this.

You clearly aren't walking in liberty; you are walking in poverty of knowledge and ignorance of the truth.

Since you aren't affiliated to any church, according to you, why the focus on Catholic church? Why would you single out God's church for condemnation, while leaving other churches that are not different in any way from the Catholic church? Aren't you a hypocrite?
Re: Patrick Edet, Resigned Catholic Priest: I Want To Go To Heaven When I Die by emelda86(f): 2:31pm On Aug 06, 2017
An2elect2:

what's new?

I see....u are leading the way.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Pastor Arinze Okoli Mmaduabuchi: "Gay Is Not A Sin” / Sex Tapes And Depraved Viewers By Deji Yesufu / Pastor Alph Lukau Tells Woman Best Friend Standing Beside Her Is Her Problem

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.