Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,862 members, 7,817,545 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:10 PM

Patrick Edet, Resigned Catholic Priest: I Want To Go To Heaven When I Die - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Patrick Edet, Resigned Catholic Priest: I Want To Go To Heaven When I Die (43938 Views)

Inyene Sampson Akpan Is Patrick Edet's Wife-To-Be (Photos) / Patrick Edet Launches Grace Family Outreach, His Own Church In Uyo / Catholic Church Excommunicates Rev. Patrick Edet Who Quit Priesthood (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Patrick Edet, Resigned Catholic Priest: I Want To Go To Heaven When I Die by Themandator: 4:32pm On Aug 06, 2017
adetayo234:

Do you have any evidence that the catholic church regards any other book above the Bible? Be sensible enough to provide an answer

Their practices don't show them as living within the confines of the Bible.. example is the erectiin of images and dedication of same to dead saints
Re: Patrick Edet, Resigned Catholic Priest: I Want To Go To Heaven When I Die by bloodofthelamb(m): 4:34pm On Aug 06, 2017
WE CANNOT EARN OR WORK TO GET TO HEAVEN.. HEAVEN IS A FREE GIFT WE RECEIVE THROUGH OUR FAITH/BELIEVE IN CHRIST JESUS THE SUN OF RIGHTEOUSNESS..AMEN..AMEN
Re: Patrick Edet, Resigned Catholic Priest: I Want To Go To Heaven When I Die by akaahs(m): 4:47pm On Aug 06, 2017
[quote author=mapist post=59200053]

Baba wan go run him own church grin grin grin grin..[/quote

Shekenan
Re: Patrick Edet, Resigned Catholic Priest: I Want To Go To Heaven When I Die by mapist(m): 4:52pm On Aug 06, 2017
Themandator:

It is the priest that is upping their standard through revelations ...The church standard has remained static.. go to mass, pray to a dead saint to help you pray to God , baptised your members with sprinkler, construct and persist images all over the church premises and allow societies to be formed as follower of those persons the images represents who gather at it foot to pray and hope meetings

You guys are quick to spew nonsense about gullible followers but in truth if is the catholic church that is home to the largest numbers of gullible so called Christians ....Just like the ex priest stated, they are so lazy they don't even ask pertinent questions regarding they believe ...Speaking in tongue and healing service makes him unpriest like even though that is actually the works Christian S are commissioned to do. ... Do you know now religion became the centre point of catholic church...Or you reckon , pope was a Christian title, do you that it was somebody down the line of the catholic church that introduced image into the church, that if was never originally part of the church.

Well, what about followers of pentecostal churches who buy objects that carry the images of their GO and revere such? What would you call that? Revere the images of God or the images of man, choose one? You can now see you shot yourself in the leg?
Re: Patrick Edet, Resigned Catholic Priest: I Want To Go To Heaven When I Die by adetayo234: 4:53pm On Aug 06, 2017
Themandator:

Their practices don't show them as living within the confines of the Bible.. example is the erectiin of images and dedication of same to dead saints

God commanded the Israelites to make a graven image in the wilderness and told them that only those who look at that image will be healed. So, what do you have to say to that? Between graven image of snake and graven image of Mary, kindly tell me the difference.

And who told you saints are dead? How well do you even read your Bible?
Re: Patrick Edet, Resigned Catholic Priest: I Want To Go To Heaven When I Die by IMASTEX: 4:56pm On Aug 06, 2017
asuustrike2009:

There's a huge different between Catholic church and other denominations. As the one stated by you, idolatry has being an issue there no matter how they twist it.Am very such that was why the priest left
The same reason I left Catholic then. Surprisingly, the same thing is playing out in these new generational churches. It is just in a different form. They are all the same. Love God and your neighborhood is the only thing that matters.
Re: Patrick Edet, Resigned Catholic Priest: I Want To Go To Heaven When I Die by Themandator: 4:59pm On Aug 06, 2017
Efechy:
. Bro dnt b decived churches/gatherings dis days re dia 2 misleal pple dnt b decieved, dey teach tins dat tell u dat witout dem u knt go 2 heaven on ur own no mata hw hard u try. B warned nd alert so u dnt misstep . May God help us all nd show us d right way.

Which church you go where they say without them you cant go to heaven ...And drop me there and go your way with this your lie

Re: Patrick Edet, Resigned Catholic Priest: I Want To Go To Heaven When I Die by mapist(m): 5:01pm On Aug 06, 2017
adetayo234:

God commanded the Israelites to make a graven image in the wilderness and told them that only those who look at that image will be healed. So, what do you have to say to that? Between graven image of snake and graven image of Mary, kindly tell me the difference.

Please, dont waste your data on these people; enlighten yourself more with it. They keep talking about images when they buy objects with the pictures of a fellow man and revere same. I laugh at these people.

1 Like

Re: Patrick Edet, Resigned Catholic Priest: I Want To Go To Heaven When I Die by riczy(m): 5:01pm On Aug 06, 2017
GreatUniben:
There are other priests that wants to leave too. If the church is not careful more priests will leave before the end of this year. The Catholic Church no more pay attention to its people and priests, the church now pay attention to more money and the priests pay attention to luxury. There are still many more priests like Rev. Edet that is nursing that same idea. We pray for our priests and religious that God will make them more holy and know the essence of their calling through Christ our Lord.
calling kwa,its jux anoda profession
Re: Patrick Edet, Resigned Catholic Priest: I Want To Go To Heaven When I Die by Agimor(m): 5:03pm On Aug 06, 2017
Themandator:

The confinement he stated is spiritual sir..... He can't ask his congregation to pray to dead saints to help them get across to God against what the scripture says that we have just one mediator of the new covenant ...Jesus Christ
What sort of spiritual confinement? Did it just occurred to him that the Church tradition and doctrines are differ from every other churches? Let's take prejudice off it there's more than meets the eye.
Re: Patrick Edet, Resigned Catholic Priest: I Want To Go To Heaven When I Die by Themandator: 5:06pm On Aug 06, 2017
adetayo234:

God commanded and the very reason he said , make no graven image for yourself..... Every Christian is a saint who must died at a point in time ...Those whonhave died includes Peter , James , John , etc ...They once lived here in the earth and died and their spirit returned to base .....Did your Bible tell you that saints don't die or that saints is a title for a special class of Christians that you guys turns into intercessors.
Re: Patrick Edet, Resigned Catholic Priest: I Want To Go To Heaven When I Die by Didov1(f): 5:09pm On Aug 06, 2017
ok..he seize to b a catholic priest nd also catholic.or he jst seize to b a priest,.cox i dnt understand all dix ranting some pple r ranting up there..even if he seize to b a catholic,is it only in catholic church such a thing happens..y do sum pple always take any mistake or news in catholic church as something new or sumtin dat avunt happen in other churches or domination b4...dey r always lookin 4 a way 2 show deir hatred 4 d church..i nw bliv dat deir r also extremist in christianity,if given a opportunity dey wil happily bomb all d catholic church..no tolerance attall..sum christians r rilly dissapointin..hypocrite everywhere
Re: Patrick Edet, Resigned Catholic Priest: I Want To Go To Heaven When I Die by Themandator: 5:12pm On Aug 06, 2017
mapist:

Well, what about followers of pentecostal churches who buy objects that carry the images of their GO and revere such? What would you call that? Revere the images of God or the images of man, choose one? You can now see you shot yourself in the leg?

Which image is that of God ... Your Bible says no man has seen God ..How did you know that the image is that of God who you have not seen....Besides, it makes sense to even revere that of your pastor rather than unknown art work and particularly that guy that starred in the Jesus of Nazareth movie that was shot in the 70s that has become image of worship, for we are all gods... The scripture, twice , stated that we are god's but die like the heathen because of ignorance.... Jesus said it himself, ...It is written in your law and I have said it, ye are gods
Re: Patrick Edet, Resigned Catholic Priest: I Want To Go To Heaven When I Die by Didov1(f): 5:14pm On Aug 06, 2017
to GOD give him d peace he is lookin 4,n also may he make heaven bcox dat d wish of every GOOD christian..amen
Re: Patrick Edet, Resigned Catholic Priest: I Want To Go To Heaven When I Die by monalicious(f): 5:21pm On Aug 06, 2017
YelloweWest:
This is where I disagree with a lot of Christians.

Heaven is not dependent on the church domination where u worship.

Making heaven is all about your personal relationship with Christ.
The ex-priest felt the Catholic Church was restricting his relationship with God which would affect his going to heaven.
Re: Patrick Edet, Resigned Catholic Priest: I Want To Go To Heaven When I Die by wiwa94: 5:39pm On Aug 06, 2017
NICE WRITE UP, NONSENSE CAPTION
Re: Patrick Edet, Resigned Catholic Priest: I Want To Go To Heaven When I Die by YelloweWest: 5:43pm On Aug 06, 2017
monalicious:

The ex-priest felt the Catholic Church was restricting his relationship with God which would affect his going to heaven.
Lol
Re: Patrick Edet, Resigned Catholic Priest: I Want To Go To Heaven When I Die by Jj222(f): 5:44pm On Aug 06, 2017
He should just come out and tell us he wants to open his own church; n I think he has a gf n believe as a priest he can not be free to run his things. d man want to be free like other men wit Chic's around him.dat is how many church came up; leaving their previous church n been boss of their own. guy we know all dat .
Re: Patrick Edet, Resigned Catholic Priest: I Want To Go To Heaven When I Die by YelloweWest: 5:46pm On Aug 06, 2017
[quote author=Lovine post=59206063][/quote]
Worshiping God has nothing to do with a building.

It is your everday life that determines whether or not a person it worshipping in spirit and in truth.

Pentecostal pastors should stop deceving people.
I'm not a Catholic.
Re: Patrick Edet, Resigned Catholic Priest: I Want To Go To Heaven When I Die by joe4christ(m): 5:47pm On Aug 06, 2017
YelloweWest:

Yes o
I always take comfort in that.
Through the many storms of life and it's disappointments... I remind myself that someday by the grace of God I will be in a place of no struggling and no pain.

Thank you Jesus!

This is the very reason why religion sells more in poorer societies. The poor has nothing more to hope on than an imaginary place of rest as promised them by the very people who mind control them into the very poverty they are struggling with.

What a pity
Re: Patrick Edet, Resigned Catholic Priest: I Want To Go To Heaven When I Die by silverkab: 5:47pm On Aug 06, 2017
YelloweWest:
This is where I disagree with a lot of Christians.

Heaven is not dependent on the church domination where u worship.

Making heaven is all about your personal relationship with Christ.

U did not read the story very well. Is not about denomination. But he said being a catholic priest do not allow him to do some things that God want him to do by virtue of his encounter with God, and to him that will look like not doing the will of God which is equal to disobedience. He did not say those in catholic wil not make heaven
Re: Patrick Edet, Resigned Catholic Priest: I Want To Go To Heaven When I Die by adetayo234: 6:01pm On Aug 06, 2017
Themandator:

God commanded and the very reason he said , make no graven image for yourself..... Every Christian is a saint who must died at a point in time ...Those whonhave died includes Peter , James , John , etc ...They once lived here in the earth and died and their spirit returned to base .....Did your Bible tell you that saints don't die or that saints is a title for a special class of Christians that you guys turns into intercessors.

Are you reading your bible upside down or what? How come you don't know that God commanded them to make the snake image long after he had given the law in the old testament to Moses? What you guys don't want to agree with is that it is not the image that really matters, but what the image depicts. Does the image bring you closer to God or take you further from God?

No, you are wrong. Saints die in the body, but they live in the spirit and they are fully aware of what is going on here on earth. And yes, saints who died in Christ will continue to live in heaven. It is strange that you forgot the story of Lazarus and the rich man and you also fail to ask yourslef why Jesus mentioned father Abraham in that story; father Abraham was already dead by that time and Jesus made it look like father Abraham was aware of what was going on all the time, though he was dead. Or do you think Jesus didn't know what he was saying?

Dead saints are alive in heaven and they can intercede for Christians since they know what gos on here on earth.

1 Like

Re: Patrick Edet, Resigned Catholic Priest: I Want To Go To Heaven When I Die by Nobody: 6:05pm On Aug 06, 2017
Kebreal92:
RUN AWAY FROM ALL THESE MAN-MADE RELIGION. RUN TO ISLAM AND BE AT PEACE WITH UR SOUL FOR THE REST OF UR LIFE.

Religion of terrorists.

You guys are so discriminatory that one cannot comment on your thread.
Re: Patrick Edet, Resigned Catholic Priest: I Want To Go To Heaven When I Die by dragon2(m): 6:23pm On Aug 06, 2017
Themandator:

So what are all those pictures of mummy and daddy GO on church buildings called?Are they not images?what about toys and tebbybears/dolls your children play with?Do they not contradict the commandments?
Re: Patrick Edet, Resigned Catholic Priest: I Want To Go To Heaven When I Die by Nobody: 6:24pm On Aug 06, 2017
IMASTEX:

The same reason I left Catholic then. Surprisingly, the same thing is playing out in these new generational churches. It is just in a different form. They are all the same. Love God and your neighborhood is the only thing that matters.
You're not far from it
Re: Patrick Edet, Resigned Catholic Priest: I Want To Go To Heaven When I Die by Nofuckgiven: 7:29pm On Aug 06, 2017
Themandator:

Even your catholic version of the so called distorted Bible says you should not make any image for yourself after the likeness of anything under, in or above the heaven and yet it is the order of the day in your church ... Is that spirituality or disobedience which are found only in children of perdition ... The beginning of spirit driven life is absolute obedience to the word of God as recorded in the scripture... Image adulation must not be found in you

Yet you bow down to your pastor and keep pictures of Jesus in your home. Stop blabbering about what you know nothing about. I don't argue with people who don't seek to know a reason behind a particular ideology.

1 Like

Re: Patrick Edet, Resigned Catholic Priest: I Want To Go To Heaven When I Die by mapist(m): 8:01pm On Aug 06, 2017
Themandator:

Which image is that of God ... Your Bible says no man has seen God ..How did you know that the image is that of God who you have not seen....Besides, it makes sense to even revere that of your pastor rather than unknown art work and particularly that guy that starred in the Jesus of Nazareth movie that was shot in the 70s that has become image of worship, for we are all gods... The scripture, twice , stated that we are god's but die like the heathen because of ignorance.... Jesus said it himself, ...It is written in your law and I have said it, ye are gods

Lmao..revere your pastor? That's it. You win. grin grin
Re: Patrick Edet, Resigned Catholic Priest: I Want To Go To Heaven When I Die by marian09: 9:00pm On Aug 06, 2017
An2elect2:
Stale. We all know Catholics hate the true God, the Bible and are on their way to hell.

what's new?

pls don't use ur mouth to draw eternal damnation for urself
Re: Patrick Edet, Resigned Catholic Priest: I Want To Go To Heaven When I Die by UnchangeableGod: 9:45pm On Aug 06, 2017
YelloweWest:

Yes o
I always take comfort in that.
Through the many storms of life and it's disappointments... I remind myself that someday by the grace of God I will be in a place of no struggling and no pain.

Thank you Jesus!
That's a comforting truth my brother.

1 Like

Re: Patrick Edet, Resigned Catholic Priest: I Want To Go To Heaven When I Die by Tinyemeka(m): 9:49pm On Aug 06, 2017
obicentlis:
Mr Edeth, you are not the first priest to resign from The Church and you can't be the last. Your arrogance to the authority is what led you out. The church is structured in humility and obedience, whoever that lacks this, can't be a leader. You are not greater than Fr. Mbaka and can't be greater than other priests with special grace that are still under the authority of their Bishops.

BTW, none forced you to be a priest, if not for anything, appreciate the church that gave you a ladder.

Why attacking him. He didn't say anything bad about the church. Did he?
Re: Patrick Edet, Resigned Catholic Priest: I Want To Go To Heaven When I Die by Themandator: 10:08pm On Aug 06, 2017
mapist:

Lmao..revere your pastor? That's it. You win. grin grin

Ok bro ..Wait in line to Revere your cement and iron rod sculptures, cheers

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Pastor Arinze Okoli Mmaduabuchi: "Gay Is Not A Sin” / Sex Tapes And Depraved Viewers By Deji Yesufu / Pastor Alph Lukau Tells Woman Best Friend Standing Beside Her Is Her Problem

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.